Saaji's art

Saaji

Thank you all yet again for your kind words. :D

Alright I've got a couple of pictures I just scan today. I'll probably get more up by the end of the week if I find one of my missing sketchbooks ;_; I direct link these from my photobucket but they are also on my deviant art posted on my profile and first post in this topic.

First up a quick color pic of Saaji ... this is a concept color scheme still and practicing a little bit of shading also :o its true

Saaji_Amaryuu_color.jpg

Next is a picture of Wolf the bad ass experienced guy from the first part of my story.

Wolf.jpg

Now this is P.J. a care free archer and younger cousin to Max the man character.

PJ.jpg

Here's Kasumi the token ninja of the group and sole female...

Kasumi-1.jpg

And to finish things off tonight Wolf kicking some fodder swordsman

Wolf_in_combat.jpg

Edited by Saaji

Cool! I like these, Saaji! :D

For the first picture, the coloring style looks great! It looks like you tried to mark off the shadows, which is definitely a neat stylistic decision. (Hopefully that's what you were trying to accomplish. XD)The only thing that bothers me is the sword. Unless that strap is made of hard plastic, the sword is currently hanging at an unnatural angle. (It should be titled down more with the back higher up in the air, and the fabric should appear to have more tension.) But! I realize you can't fix it at this point, so don't worry too much about it. Just try to take gravity into account next time. :3

The picture of Wolf is great too! The only thing I can suggest is raising his kneecaps a little. It might just be the way his pants appear, but it looks like his knees are a bit low. You can fix this by simply making a few lines in the fabric where you would assume his leg would bend. No erasing necessary. :lol:

P.J has a similar problem--his kneecaps, specifically on his bent leg, are too low. If you have any sort of photo-editing/paint software, you can easily fix this. Simply lasso from his knee to his foot and drag it closer to the body. This will make the thigh look shorter and the calf better proportioned. You could also go back and do this for his other leg as well. :3

Kasumi has a few issues, most of them womanly. XD This first thing I noticed is that her legs are not in alignment with her hips. Try the lasso tool technique if you can and move them to the right a little more. Also, her legs look a little too muscular to be a woman's. If you want her to look more effeminate, make them a little smoother and less defined. You can also make her waistline slimmer, but if she's armor-clad (can't quite tell) then that might not work. It's up to you. :)

The last one is a great looking action scene! I would suggest fixing the bad guy's right arm (his right), as it looks a little... vague. Sort of blob-like. XD Also, you could fix this with some artful shading or maybe a quick change in position but, uh... it looks like Wolf is getting rather painfully kneed in the crotch as he delivers his kick. XD

:D Thank ya Popo. Yeah I doing shadows like that... at the moment is really the only way I can do shadows and feel comfortable with them. I knew something was wrong if the sword and how it looked but yeah...I'll make it super duper awesome and gravity obeying next time :P

:blink: Now that you mention it the knees are definitely a little low, I can change it....but I gotta go by hand. I dont have any editing programs on my laptop I gotta use a school computer for anything like that.

:( and yeah... female anatomy isnt my strongest point still which is why I don't draw many girls...but I realize I can't running from that so you can bet I'll take your advice on Kasumi and slowly perfect her.

Yeah the last one isnt really that complete I'll probably touch it up some more... though does Wolf's kick seem natural enough that was my biggest concern actually.

Oh man Saaji you updated O_o; (this place moves so fast I didn't even notice)!

I like these a LOT, you're doing all sorts of poses, and they're not the easiest of all..., the only thing my not correct working mind can see that is off at this moment is that in the last picture the kicking guy's arms are kinda small. That's the only thing that's jumping out at me. And his legs are poooofeh~ XD

Oh wait, just a few more things catch my eye;

In the first pic the front part of the green scarf should be a bit more ...loose? I'm not sure how to explain it but it should be following his right lower arm a bit more :3 like...resting on it more. The hand wrap thing on the sword seems to be too stiff too, if we don't ignore gravity it should be ^ shaped XD only more round at the top.

My last pointer will be that in the last pic (again) the fabric of the pants on the right leg (his pov) of the right guy should be a bit more strained.......um....like more folds? Because he's not holding it straight out right? (since the leg's shorter and such).

Again, I really like these, love your work. Keep it up!

Sorry if I said some things others Popo probably being one of them XD already said, I'm too tired to read everything :P

Edited by Tirinity

Oh man Saaji you updated O_o; (this place moves so fast I didn't even notice)!

I like these a LOT, you're doing all sorts of poses, and they're not the easiest of all..., the only thing my not correct working mind can see that is off at this moment is that in the last picture the kicking guy's arms are kinda small. That's the only thing that's jumping out at me. And his legs are poooofeh~ XD

Oh wait, just a few more things catch my eye;

In the first pic the front part of the green scarf should be a bit more ...loose? I'm not sure how to explain it but it should be following his right lower arm a bit more :3 like...resting on it more. The hand wrap thing on the sword seems to be too stiff too, if we don't ignore gravity it should be ^ shaped XD only more round at the top.

My last pointer will be that in the last pic (again) the fabric of the pants on the right leg (his pov) of the right guy should be a bit more strained.......um....like more folds? Because he's not holding it straight out right? (since the leg's shorter and such).

Again, I really like these, love your work. Keep it up!

Sorry if I said some things others Popo probably being one of them XD already said, I'm too tired to read everything :P

Thank ya Tir :D I definitely thought I mad that guys arm a little small... and yeah that scarf does look a little stiff. Next upload batch is gonna knock your socks off ;) Haha

Nicely drawn, Saaji. :D

Thanks buddy.

• 1 month later...

Here's a quicky LQ cellphone shot of something I colored recently. I'm still drawing fairly often I just lack a scanner till I go back to school.

(It's really only LQ cause the lighting is really poor the image is actually quite high res)

post-664-1230053860_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saaji

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a long absence I've returned. Though when I went to scan my work I forgot to bring my current sketch so I have alot of sorta old but decent work and a few kinda new ones.

Max color concept 2

I quite like this one, I actually colored this during finals weeks in my last quarter but I didnt get a chance to scan it till today[well there was another day that i did but it would upload to photobucket]

Seraphin

Just a little practice drawing one of my important villians...

Mira

A recently designed and created character... I like her

OC request

A request from WSL that I've had done for a while but couldnt scan....

Lee

A really cool old picture ...I dont think I've scan it before...but maybe I have I dunno why.

There's another 4-6 pictures on my deviant art account but most of them are older pictures... let me know why ya all think,

Here are some more these arent on my deviant art account since deviant art isnt cooperating with me at the moment.

Flight.jpg

My best drunken picture ever and thus I felt like sharing it with you guys XD

Mira-1.jpg

The original concept picture of Miranda I actually like it more then the other one I did.

Saaji_in_thought.jpg

A decent picture of Saaji... it was more of a coloring practice then anything else

Max_close_up.jpg

A close up of Max's face another coloring practice piece

I have a few more i would upload but the computers arent being my friends so that's all for today I'll probably upload another batch later this week.

• 8 months later...

Alright I'm not dead...just a lazy bum lol. So I've made a pretty been updated to my deviant art just the other day.

I'm gonna only to some [like just 1/4 of them cause I'm tired right now]of my uploads just browse my gallery and let me know what you all think.

CJ and TC

Here's the main to characters from my comic strip idea I've played with.

Max with shorter hair

A head shot I did this summer of Max, sporting a lower cut then usual... you know people gotta get a hair cut once in a while.

Kasumi

Here's a pic of Kasumi that I did sometime mid september i believe.

Lee

A spiffy pic of lee I did about the same time as the kasumi picture above

Edited by Saaji

Hey! It's Saaji. :3

I like the second image, the portrait of Max. Nice shading! His nose might be a little long, and the right eye could probably be centered a bit more, but honestly? I'm nitpicking. XD Also, the Kasumi and Lee pictures look great as well. I really have nothing to say about 'Kasumi', because I think it looks great. Just work on line refinement and show us some color! XD In Lee's case, I think the hand next to his face is a little larger than it should be, but otherwise, nice. :)

Also, I was like, "What?! He hasn't posted since January?" Then I remembered the rollback. XD

Edited by Popo

Hey! It's Saaji. :3

I like the second image, the portrait of Max. Nice shading! His nose might be a little long, and the right eye could probably be centered a bit more, but honestly? I'm nitpicking. XD Also, the Kasumi and Lee pictures look great as well. I really have nothing to say about 'Kasumi', because I think it looks great. Just work on line refinement and show us some color! XD In Lee's case, I think the hand next to his face is a little larger than it should be, but otherwise, nice. :)

Also, I was like, "What?! He hasn't posted since January?" Then I remembered the rollback. XD

Hi! :D

Thanks, I reckon I'll post some colored pictures eventually... if anything they'll be hand colored cause I lack the software to do digital color on my own...and well I love my school computer labs but I can only be there for so long without going insane.

I totally realized Lee's hand as to big... personally i should have redone that entire arm but I got a little bit lazy ^^;

I'm gonna try and do more updates more often...but I'm not making any promises lol.

Not too bad! I like it. You've got a good sense for movement, that's important. No static characters here ;).

It's clear that you have a passion for what you're drawing.

I'd recommend practicing by drawing the outlines of objects in one continuous stroke. Try not to lift your pencil/pen from the paper if you can help it. It will help your lines feel more relaxed and flow better. They're a bit excited and sketchy right now (if that was your intention, well, good work ^_^...)

Edited by Blackbird