All distinguishable character profiles so far in Three Houses

Might as well share mine:

Edelgard:

probaly the best design so far (we've only really seen 4 though), very pretty although i do get this strange vibe that she's hiding her feelings. Dunno why.

Dimitri: As for spagetthi boy, I actually really like his hair, it's very goofy and makes me like him. he's probaly the straight man (if edelgard ends up being Celica/Eirika/Micaiah/Lucina 5.0)

Claude: Him being dark skinned is a good sign when compared to what fates tried to do with LGBT stuff, he'll probaly end up being the bro and/or flirty character.

Byleth: I actually really like his design, his outfit is actually inspired out of something from the middle ages, and i get the feeling (don't know why) that he'll end up behaving similair to Kiryu from the Yakuza games

Mercedes: I get Effie vibes from her, maybe she'll be the ''Cute but physically very strong'' type of character?

Hilda: No idea. I got nothing.

Goddess: Betting she'll act like Asheruna, if she shows up that is.

Seiros: I feel extremely confident that she's the ''The end justifies the means'' type of character.

Old man with the chainwhip: He'll probaly be more Rudolf 2.0 than Garon 2.0. Possably Edelgard's grandfather?

Dragon girl: I doubt it's tiki, taking a blind guess here and saying she'll be very emotionless

Ally archer: Seems completely done with this shit. Python on steroids?

Enemy mage: Although it's jhard to spot, he wears a monocle, so he's this Moulder and Canas hybrid. expecting a lot of humour from this character myself.

Enemy archer: His design reminds me of Wolt from fe6. Betting he's the cool and aloof character.

Enemy lancer: His haircut is so really fucking dumb. what am i supposed to say about him

I don't think enemy mage, enemy archer and enemy lancer are enemies at all. I think they are playable units and that they just serve as enemies during a mock battle that will end up being the tutorial. Their design seem much closer to typical good guys and archtype characters than enemies. 

I get this combination in my mind of Ike, Alm and Marth when I look at Byleth. There's an aggression that's there but it feels like it's only there on the battlefield. I get this image of the most polite and well-mannered person you could think of with a bit of an absent mind when off the battlefield... I suppose kinda like Chrom... except less absentminded...

That's what I get out of the image anyway.

Edelgard: I like her. Very elegant design. Can't wait to see more of her.

Dimitri: Someone pointed out how bad certain parts of his art look and I can't unsee it. Also his haircut is something else. That being said, I have fairly high hopes for him as a character, coming from a nation that eventually opposes Edelgard's. Also it's neat that we get an infantry lancer as a main character after so long.

Claude: He just screams Lewyn/Joshua archetype to me. His nation is by far the one I'm the most curious about, though, and his design is definitely pretty good.

Byleth: Hopefully a mute avatar for a change, design is quite to my liking as well

Mercedes: I feel like she's either going to be a favorite of mine or the complete opposite. Design is okay, we don't know much about her class yet. Screams healer, but has a sword.

Hilda: Cute, a bit generic looking though. Might finally reveal to us how good Rebecca would have been with 1-2 range, assuming she joins early. Yes, I'm assuming she'll join. I mean, look at her.

Goddess: Eh. Clashes with the rest, but that's nothing too new.

Seiros(?): I really don't know about her. The first cutscene where she's on the front line watching the battle unfold, and doesn't flinch as she's about to get tackled, that hit all the right spots. Her lovingly embracing a weapon potentially freshly recovered from its previous owner's corpse, on the other hand...

Previous owner potentially made into a corpse: Design is okay. Maybe Dimitri's father or something? Who knows? Unsure if he'll play much of a role.

Dragon Girl that definitely could use more clothing now that I look at her: Feels like we've been there before, doesn't it? And IS aren't exactly known for subverting expectations. I don't... really care, for now.

Ally archer: Something tells me he won't be the friendliest of allies. If taken to the extreme, could be similar to Shinon. Design doesn't do much for me, though I'm surprised at how... old, he looks.

Enemy sage: Are these scars on his face? Anyway, pretty sure that guy is the teacher of the other team or something to that effect. Edit: I guess a monocle is a possibility too.

Edward I mean enemy archer: Yeah, I'm not buying that we won't be recruiting this gentleman at some point. There's just no way.

Aaaand lancer guy: Looks unremarkable. Doesn't mean much for now, though.

Edited by Cysx

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

Seiros(?): I really don't know about her. The first cutscene where she's on the front line watching the battle unfold, and doesn't flinch as she's about to get tackled, that hit all the right spots. Her lovingly embracing a weapon potentially freshly recovered from its previous owner's corpse, on the other hand...

Could be the last earthly possession of a relative's that they were close to as the news was broken. I dunno, I haven't got the trailer ingrained in memory so I don't remember the details...

2 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Could be the last earthly possession of a relative's that they were close to as the news was broken. I dunno, I haven't got the trailer ingrained in memory so I don't remember the details...

I guess, but... she looks happy in a very emotionless kind of way, if that makes sense. Looks robotic, or psychopathic even.

15 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I guess, but... she looks happy in a very emotionless kind of way, if that makes sense. Looks robotic, or psychopathic even.

Probably just died inside. Or at the very least "hopefully" died inside and their lack of ability to properly express emotions leads to everyone believing that this is really the villain. It'd be a cool twist, now that I think about it.

12 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Still feel like that artstyle could use a bit of cleaning up. Nitpick, why everyone minus Claude look so pastey? They need to be under the sun more.

I think it's that there's not a lot of shading on their faces. Claude's face actually looks detailed somewhat as if there's more natural shading but everyone else looks like there's a spotlight on their face at all times.

EDIT:
Now that I've sent it to my friend, I think it's because Claude actually seems to still have his soul.

Edited by Light Strategist

Edelgard: I love her design. I'm a sucker for white/silver hair and the purple/lavender complements it a lot. I also like her outfit too. I hope her personality is good though since she seems like she might be the most boring of the three.

Dimitri: I actually like his design too, even if he looks a bit like Clive too much. I don't mind his hair too much and his armour looks nice too imo. But probably the worst of the main trio. Definitely gonna be a big 'knight's code' serious guy and probably gonna conflict with Claude a lot.

Claude: My favourite of the three. His eye colour compliments his skin colour and his hair is great too, I love the braid. I like how he has an earring and his outfit is nice too. The opposite of Dimitri being more carefree and laid back. Like I said, he'll conflict with Claude personality wise.

Byleth: He's fine if not a bit plain. His outift is a bit ott for me in comparison to the trio though. Presuming he's the avatar, I'm sure we'll be able to change him up a bit tho. He seems to be silent which I like, since that, IMO, would be the best way to do a FE avatar.

Mercedes: She looks nice. Her hair is pretty as are her eyes. Not much to say otherwise.

Hilda: I dislike how her eyes and hair are the same colour. Like even if they wanted her eyes pink, they could have made them a different shade at least. Overall she seems really boring.

Goddess: She looks nice. Not much to say tbh since she's a bit typical for a goddess.

Seiros: Definitely a dragon and related to the small dragon at the end of the trailer. She seems nice tho, not much to say tho since the shot is a bit unclear. I have a feeling she may play a villain role (hopefully since we never have female main antagonists in FE)

Old Man: He looks cool and thank god he isn't grey, if he is the villain that is. It's a nice change of pace since he seems to be a ruffian king which is cool. I like him.

Dragon Girl: Is a dragon girl so I'll like her. Based on what we see, her outfit seems to be like Nowi's which I'm not too big a fan of so I hope I'm just not seeing something.

Ally Archer: Doesn't seem very nice tbh lol. His deisgn is fine, if not a bit edgy. I don't have much to say tho.

Enemy Mage: Seems like a teacher kinda mage that's a typical old geezer, making shitty jokes that no one finds funny and twirls his moustache lol. I think I'd like him, if he is playable that is.

Enemy Mage: He looks fine too. Again his eyes and hair are the same which isn't so nice. Kinda boring looking like Hilda.

Enemy Lancer: Same as above.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think enemy mage, enemy archer and enemy lancer are enemies at all. I think they are playable units and that they just serve as enemies during a mock battle that will end up being the tutorial. Their design seem much closer to typical good guys and archtype characters than enemies. 

i think this too i just forgot to say it 

You're missing one more character, the female mage near the end of the trailer. Her design looks too distinct to just be a generic sage or a placeholder model like some of the other characters had in the trailer.

xeyrM8K.png

edgelord: whether or not i like her is massively gonna depend on her personality cause well i dont have anything against her design nothing about it is particularly doing anything for me either.

dimitrio pasta: aside from the hair bein a bit weird, hes perfectly fine. statisfactory. okay. another one thats gonna be make or break on personality for me

claude rod: [s[oh look its the token black guy[/s] don't mind the look but im really hoping personally hes not gonna be another sassy archer type, though considering his visual design it seems very likely.

blyte: not a bad default look for a possible avatar character overall. still, hope there is plenty of customization options since those are always fun.

mercedes e-class: headshot looks alright, curious as to wether or not shes an enemy or an ally

hildamilda: OH LOOK A PINK HAIRED CUTE GIRL, HMM I WONDER IF SHES GOING TO BE A SPUNKY TYPE OR A SHY TYPE?

diva: ashurena is that you? your planning something again arent you... anyways shes aight

seirios face(?): nice design, and ya know i kinda hope shes evil honestly since it would be an interesting situation

william wallace: THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE... OUR KILTS!! fuckin love him, and even if he turns out to be a generic evil douche i will still love him cause of that design.

mrs tiki.: hi tiki.

unamed blokes: can barely see anything of them so its to early to call.

I like Mercedes' design the most. There doesn't seem anything "off" about it to me. Edelgard looks cool, but in general, I usually never favorite a main character. Dimitri has some problems, but I think I'll end up liking him. Claude is great, but the back of his hair seems kind of weird to me. I like the monocle guy, and that's about it. The other characters look standard FE for the most part, except the ally archer who looks more like an enemy.

I absolutely detest Dimitri's armor: it's the worst in the entire series since he shouldn't even be able to raise his arm due to the pauldron being directly flush with the shoulder. It's like he was drawn with a shirt on, then the shirt was just painted to sort-of look like metal armor. As an armor fan, I'm terrified as to what the armors will look like in this game...

On more positive points, I really like Edelgard and Claude, and I kind of like Dimitri himself (just not his armor). Byleth is fine; I'm more curious to see what female Byleth is like though (hopefully she exists) as she's the one I'm more likely to play.

With that hair, Mercedes feels like she's going to be a prim and proper noble. Hilda's eyes feel creepy to me: her iris are absolutely massive and it looks like her eyes are popping out her head. Goddess is very goddess-y; you know she's kind and mothering but that's about it.

Seiros (?) is my favorite overall; I doubt she'll be playable though. I can't dissociate "whip sword" from "Ivy" so the old man having it feels strange right now. Young Tiki is... well, I much prefer adult Tiki and I'm not a fan of how the vast majority of playable dragons in the series are young kids so it's a bit unfortunate how this game is going to follow tradition on this aspect. Ah well, I'm most likely still going to use her anyway (I love the "weird" units).

Regarding the four guys on the bottom, the ally archer is probably going to be the "look scary but is actually really kind" unit of the game... I hope the enemy mage joins us: there's a clear lack of mustache-wielding playable characters in Fire Emblem. Nothing of note for the last two.

6 hours ago, Ayra said:

I absolutely detest Dimitri's armor: it's the worst in the entire series since he shouldn't even be able to raise his arm due to the pauldron being directly flush with the shoulder. It's like he was drawn with a shirt on, then the shirt was just painted to sort-of look like metal armor. As an armor fan, I'm terrified as to what the armors will look like in this game...

oh no...you're right, I have heard some say that the art looks amateurish to pros and I don't have any sources on that, but this could be a corrin has two left feet all over again.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

oh no...you're right, I have heard some say that the art looks amateurish to pros and I don't have any sources on that, but this could be a corrin has to left feet all over again.

A who has left feet what?

28 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

A who has left feet what?

in early fates art female corrin had two left feet, it has since been corrected, but it was a fumble that should not happen in a professional setting.

edit: oops, just noticed my typo.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Edelgard: love her design and from what I saw from the trailer she could be a very interesting character. Her house is the red one and red in the FE universe means evil most if not all times. The other reds we saw were the warriors wearing kilts and their king with the bone whip sword. So she could be the daughter of this man and that would explain why she has an axe as it is often associated with brigands and "bad people" or with just sheer force most of the time in the FE universe (sorry but these horns leave little to imagination). If that is the case from what we heard her saying she could be for example a rebellious type or generally against the church and war and this kind of stuff.

Dimitri: like his design he somehow reminds me of Russia list armor is nice I guess, it is a male blue version of edelgard's and his hair is really funny so that's a bonus. He seems the typical serious/cold knight.

Claude: his armor is same as the others but yellow so nothing special about that. Now I really like the other parts of his design, his colour pallete is quite refreshing considering all other FE protagonists are simply white. Also his expression screams also flirty outgoing type.

Byleth: not much other than cool design, he doesn't take many expressions and doesn't say anything, he probably is the avatar (at least so hope he is) as he doesn't say much and is only mentioned to be a teacher, which is not confirmed either so he could just be a more active Mark which is nice

Old man: possibly edelgard's father and the leader of the "bad guys", he seems to be more of a Rudolf type rather than Garon which is nice I guess. He will possibly work as the villian until the big bad comes out of hiding (watch it be either the goddess or the church or an evil dragon).

Seios: she seems quite calm and serene despite there being a war around her. However, that changes at the end when she gets the bone whip sword and "hugs" it. So she will be a quite plot important character but I just hope she is a villian as it could be a quite interesting concept.

Can't form much of an opinion about the rest so let's wait for a new trailer to show us more (it has been nearly six months since it got announced how much more will I have to suffer?).

Is it just me that feels like there's something missing about the character designs so far? They're not ugly but it seems like a lot of them have something lacking to make them stand out or become memorable. It might be because they don't really have personalities yet but right now I'm can't stop thinking how a lot of them look like past characters...

Edelgard reminds me of Micaiah when I first saw her 

Dimitri reminds me of Clive

Hilda is probably Serra's twin sister

Seiros (?) reminds me of Elincia's art in Heroes lol

Oldman with chain whip reminds me of Duessel 

Enemy mage reminds me of a skinny Moulder that took Canas' monocle

Enemy archer reminds me of Kiragi or Rolf with white hair

Enemy lancer looks like Leon but with really bad hair (I really hope they redesign this character)

That mage girl with no portrait reminds me of Miriel with the short bob hair

The only characters that stand out to me so far are Claude and Byleth.

Edited by zuibangde

Edelgard just looks like a standard.waifu~ Nothing special about her, appearance wise, but she at least looks good~

Dimitri is somewhat hot

Claude is pretty meh but not ugly

Byleth is protagonist.jpg, which is what he's presumed to be so that's fine~

Mercedes and Hilda are fairly basic from the neck up

Goddess looks good

Seiros is fine, I suppose

Old Man looks creepy

Dragon Girl looks like a Dragon Girl and I'm always a fan of some dragon lolis~

All of there eyes are going to take some getting used to for me. I hadn't noticed it until this but they have weird circles around their irises.

• Edelgard is pretty. I love the colors on her.
  • Dmitri is hot but with weird hair
  • Claude is hot but he looks like he has that cocky, flirty personality that is very hit or miss with me
  • Byleth looks like that one advisor for the bad guy.
  • Mercedes looks like the motherly type
  • Hilda looks like Serra's nicer sister
  • Goddess is beautiful
  • Serios looks odd to me
  • Old man looks like the badass bad guy
  • Dragon Girl doesn't look as much like Tiki as people have been saying

Assuming all of these aren't generic:

• Unnamed ally archer needs as much sleep as me
  • Unnamed enemy mage looks like the wise older guy of the group. Maybe the head instructor if this really is a training exercise
  • Unnamed enemy archer is hot...and kind of looks like Robin now that I'm getting a good look at him...
  • Unnamed enemy lancer is totally friends with Dmitri. They are very polite and stick to the rules types although he looks friendlier then Dmitri.

Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude represent each of the three houses. 

Byleth is probably the MC if the avatar feature is not returning.

Mercedes is probably a descendant of Celica because you know...cars. Just kidding. She's probably Hilda's sister or cousin. 

Hilda is probably a descendant of Mae or Serra

The goddess looks nice

Serios is probably the main villain.

The old man will probably be the Jagen unit of this game

That dragon girl better be Idunn. Just kidding. The dragon girl is probably linked to the goddess. 

Spoiler

But who knows??? She might be a reincarnation of Idunn.

Edited by Cron