The Desert's Rebellion

Jayderson

Hello there! Some people might have seen me in the concepts part of the forum, but my name is Justin Dreams, an aspiring story teller.

This is my first attempt at any kind of fire emblem fan project, and the main idea is to work on my story telling.

The Desert's Rebellion is a introduction of sorts to what I would like to be a series, featuring the adventures of Miclas and Tsura. The Desert's Rebellion will tell the tale of how the two met, and worked together to free their country, Uhai, from the Emperor of Zunbae, a rival nation.

A 'brief' summary:

Spoiler

In the Continent of Omens, there lay seven lands. Four of these lands are Monarchies, Two are Democracies, and One is a Dictatorship. But for this story will focus on two of those countries. The Desert Monarchy of Uhai, and the Barbaric Dictatorship of Zunbae.

Uhai is a country filled from head to toe with the harsh desert sands. Throughout, the country is also filled with Oasis' where towns often base their bearings, and a River runs straight through the desert, all the way to it's ocean borders. But there is one more thing about Uhai, a resource of high value: Gold. Littered throughout the underground caves of Uhai lie enough gold to keep the country rich for centuries to come. Uhai is ruled by Kenura, the King, and his wife: Tsumae(Sue-May) the Queen. For as long as anyone is aware, the Kenura lineage has ruled the kingdom, with their strong magical prowess. Which brings us to our next topic: Uhai and Magic. Uhai's harsh desert environment doesn't leave room to wear heavy armor, or ride a horse in combat. So naturally, Uhai turned it's military efforts into creating the best magic army it could. After centuries of honing their magical skills, Uhai holds the strongest magic unit in all of Omens. Thanks to their magic prowess, and every other countries lack of, Uhai always holds the advantage should they ever need to defend their country. No other country would risk attacking them. Well, except for two.

Zunbae, the country of the mountains, is ruled by a Dictatorship, under the Zunbae lineage, which has lasted for as long as the country has. Zunbae's mountains and terrain don't create much room for farming, forcing them to live their lives on trade. Or in some, most, cases, most of Zunbae turns to banditry. It's not uncommon for Bandits, or even Zunbae's official army, to cross it's borders and raid nearby countries of their resources. Those who don't turn to robbery live in constant fear of being attacked by their own countrymen. There's but one country Zunbae can't successfully raid, and that's Uhai. Uhai and Zunbae have always butted heads, with no sign of stopping. Zunbae's mountain borders completely surround Uhai, up unto the ocean, forcing Uhai to cross Zunbae if they desire to do business with other countries, or simply travel. Because of this, Uhai and Zunbae seem to be constantly at war: Uhai keeping it's people safe, and Zunbae wanting to loot it's people. Take a bunch of wars, and a few undesired peace treaties in Uhai's favor, and you have the plot of 'The Desert's Rebellion'

Our story starts two weeks before the conflict: One of Uhai's allies across the ocean has requested his aid in full scale war. With peace having been resolved with Zunbae for five years, the longest of any peace treaty, Kenura resolves to take a vast majority of his army: 70% to be exact, with him across the ocean. This is when Disaster strikes.

Zunbae, enraged by the unfair peace treaty he's been forced into by Uhai, he takes the time to completely annihilate the remainder of Uhai's forces. In one swift motion, his entire army engulfs Uhai, capturing it's cities, and the Queen. Now his men raid the nation, prepared to utterly destroy it by the time Kenura gets back, where he will then be executed in a surprise attack.

In Uhai's last line of defense, the capital, Queen Tsumae and her daughter, Tsura, make strives towards escaping. Unfortunately, time is not on their side, and with the last of their forces wiped out, the Queen entrusts her loyal retainer, Douglas, to take her daughter, and flee the country, which he does.

Princess Tsura is the only child of her parents, and is as spoiled as one would think. She's headstrong, mischievous, and quick on her feet. Kenura has yet to discipline her, wanting her to experience a childhood, before he begins to mold her into what she must be as the future ruler of Uhai. While Tsumae disagreed with this tactic, fearing Tsura being forced to grow up suddenly, she can only hope that Tsura is able to avoid the harsh reality of war.

As Tsura and Douglas flee, they begin to hear rumors of a rebellion, starting up in a small town near the border. Despite Douglas' protests, he cannot stop Tsura from discovering the truth. It is in this town that they discover the start of a rebellion, led by Veteran Soldier, Tobin, and his nephew, Miclas.

Miclas is the son of a scholar who held incredible magic power. Miclas is no different. If anything, he's stronger. Miclas holds magic like nothing his family has every seen, but he never got the chance to further grow that talent. His father died when Miclas was but four years old, and without his father's connection to the kingdom, the money stopped flowing to their family, forcing them to stop their research, and severing the connection to Miclas' future growth.

Then his uncle, Tobin, came into the picture. Tobin, like his brother, was a scholar from a country on the opposite side of the capital. But unlike his brother, Tobin was obsessed with knowledge, and growing as a mage. Because of this, he never married, and lived alone. Once he retired from the army, and his studies, Tobin moved to Uhai to watch after his nephew and sister in law. Seeing Miclas' great magic talent, Tobin has determined to make Miclas his greatest project, and he has set Miclas on the path to greatness, despite his mother's objections. Over the three years that Tobin has been with Miclas, his magic has shown significant growth, but it is still highly unstable.

With Douglas, Tsura, Tobin, and Miclas together. Their journey to free Uhai can officially begin, as can the story of Miclas and Tsura

TLDR: Zunbae has taken over Uhai, and now Miclas, Tsura, and their caretakers work together to free the country.

What we currently have- A Demo! A very alpha state demo at that.

I wanted to get this out for one main reason- to show dedication. I'm no good at making sprites- as I've discovered, and Im still very new to game balancing and level design, so I want to show Im dedicated to this project, so that other people who may want to help will know that efforts will not go to waste.

Dropbox download- You need the srpg studio to play the game atm, but the demo version is free, and you can play it on that

Current Changes that will be fixed in the next version:

Spoiler

Chapter 1

• Give Douglas the ability to use Staves

• Plot Introduction        

• Douglas needs some work        

• Tsura convincing Douglas to join the rebellion needs some work(Try to make it forced)        

• Balance Tobin and Douglas(Too Op-Lower Attack and Hitrate for balance)    

• Try and Distinguish Tsura and Miclas a little more

• Make some enemies approach initially, rather than wait till you’re within their range. Prevent Turtling

• Make Shops sell Cure leaves

• Fix Dobi to have infinite durability without the skill    

• Make Heal a Staff- It's currently an item.

Chapter 2

• Nerf Franklin and Eisenhower

• Shrink the map drastically

• Buff Marlin/Make him a healer?

• Get rid of wild animals, replace with theif- Will hold Talent book

Chapter 3

• Enhance Story

• Change map- add zigs and zags and a few wacks

• FIX SHOPS- Shouldn’t be in battle prep

• Put Calel closer to the group, and make his recruitment with Tsura more obvious

Chapter 4

• Map Sucks- Rework completely

Chapter 5

• Add more reinforcements, but spread out a little more.

• Nerf Markelten- Hard

• Possibly just nerf Wind sword- same with Fire Sword

• Change Devil Axe

Please note that story and narration has not been added to the story yet, but will be by the next playable version

Conclusion

Like I said, I'm still very new to this, so any and all criticism I'm in desperate need for, so please feel free to message me or post here about anything!

Screenshots

Spoiler

20190103_111314.png.0a396dbd6949b6f9b8870cd9be3893f9.png20190103_111352.png.2ca8f1c2c8da18028b17569f0c3f2025.png20190103_111417.png.7b0d497a6e9719326e78274adc31a394.png20190103_111448.png.83de3eb631d6368eb109f2159d94efc6.png20190103_111513.png.a55f72db45e7e35038c008cc0edf5457.png20190103_111537.png.5f5298d0cf0b1698889bc261504ee198.png20190103_111613.png.a63ec82a64f29250ea4b0ca7a7a81874.png

Credits

Spoiler

Srpg Studio- Platform that I've been using; Character models; Sprites

Von Ithipathachai- Guidance

Edited by Jayderson

Just played Chapter 1.  I have few complaints that you aren't already planning to address, but there are still a few suggestions I'd like to make.

The biggest one would be making WLv visible.  I noticed it's a thing looking through the project file, but I couldn't see any when I actually played the game.

Another one would be adding in some kind of tutorial.  A simple chapter like this would be a perfect place for the Jagen characters to explain important mechanics.  For example, I noticed Critical is one of Miclas's Skills.  Is Pursuit as a Skill also a thing here?

This last suggestion has to do with the Dobi tome.  Is it supposed to have infinite durability?  Because having it equipped when it gives the Unlimited Weapons Skill makes ALL of Tsura's other weapons unbreakable.  You can give a single weapon infinite durability by setting its Durability to 0 in the Weapons tab in the Database.

If you'd like me to I can look through it some more and make you a version of your project file with some of my own suggestions for fixes in place.  You can look through that and see what I did and decide if you want to make use of it or not.

25 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Just played Chapter 1.  I have few complaints that you aren't already planning to address, but there are still a few suggestions I'd like to make.

The biggest one would be making WLv visible.  I noticed it's a thing looking through the project file, but I couldn't see any when I actually played the game.

Another one would be adding in some kind of tutorial.  A simple chapter like this would be a perfect place for the Jagen characters to explain important mechanics.  For example, I noticed Critical is one of Miclas's Skills.  Is Pursuit as a Skill also a thing here?

This last suggestion has to do with the Dobi tome.  Is it supposed to have infinite durability?  Because having it equipped when it gives the Unlimited Weapons Skill makes ALL of Tsura's other weapons unbreakable.  You can give a single weapon infinite durability by setting its Durability to 0 in the Weapons tab in the Database.

If you'd like me to I can look through it some more and make you a version of your project file with some of my own suggestions for fixes in place.  You can look through that and see what I did and decide if you want to make use of it or not.

I should have mentioned this, but I didnt think to since it was such a quick change- I have added weapon level AND build to be shown, and I changed pursuit values so it can be done by anybody, although at the moment- only Zacke can double.

Plot Introduction will include the tutorial you were asking about.

25 minutes ago, Jayderson said:

I should have mentioned this, but I didnt think to since it was such a quick change- I have added weapon level AND build to be shown, and I changed pursuit values so it can be done by anybody, although at the moment- only Zacke can double.

Plot Introduction will include the tutorial you were asking about.

Good!  I'll play the rest later.

Small update: Just to show that the project is indeed being worked on.
Green Highlights means it's already been implemented
Orange Means that it is being worked on, but not by me, and has a Not applicable time of being released
Red means that I can't do it as I have been unable to purchase the full version of srpg studio yet. I'll be able to very soon, but at the moment, it is not possible.

Story wise, I am working on the finer details, I just haven't put it in the game yet.

Untitled-1.jpg