Would Ced be added in an FE4 or FE5 banner?

Gregster101

Ced in FE4 banner or FE5 banner?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would be added in an FE4 banner or FE5 banner?

• FE4 banner
    • FE5 banner

I'd probably say FE5, since he does do stuff there that matters.

However! Gen 2 is pretty lacking for children characterization. FE4's overambition combined with the limited resources of the game, partly owing to the limits of a Super Famicom (Woolsey of FFVI and CT translation fame had to slash word counts to fit his translations in the game), played a role. Another being due to the double variability of the non-fixed children. Not only is one parent not fixed like the Afatening army brats, but who they interact with is more variable. For instance, interactions between Febail and Lana should in theory be different from Asaello and Lana and Febail and Muirne and Asaello and Muirne. 

Thus, Ced could make a FE4 Gen 2 banner more lively, since he is one of the few variable kids with real personality.

And think on who remains from FE4 Gen 2 who could be real appealing:

• Shannan 
  • Creidne (Ayra Jr.)
  • Tine (Tailtiu Jr.)
  • Arthur (another Freege)
  • Arion
  • Travant (he is only fought in this Gen, but would make more sense in a Gen 1 banner, even if Quan is already here)
  • Ced

Outside of these, I don't see any child being on character-grounds at all popular. Although Fee and Patty, the latter particularly in a skirt (but I like the Treasure pants!) might be wifeypon material for enough people.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd probably say FE5, since he does do stuff there that matters.

However! Gen 2 is pretty lacking for children characterization. FE4's overambition combined with the limited resources of the game, partly owing to the limits of a Super Famicom (Woolsey of FFVI and CT translation fame had to slash word counts to fit his translations in the game), played a role. Another being due to the double variability of the non-fixed children. Not only is one parent not fixed like the Afatening army brats, but who they interact with is more variable. For instance, interactions between Febail and Lana should in theory be different from Asaello and Lana and Febail and Muirne and Asaello and Muirne. 

Thus, Ced could make a FE4 Gen 2 banner more lively, since he is one of the few variable kids with real personality.

And think on who remains from FE4 Gen 2 who could be real appealing:

• Shannan 
  • Creidne (Ayra Jr.)
  • Tine (Tailtiu Jr.)
  • Arthur (another Freege)
  • Arion
  • Travant (he is only fought in this Gen, but would make more sense in a Gen 1 banner, even if Quan is already here)
  • Ced

Outside of these, I don't see any child being on character-grounds at all popular. Although Fee and Patty, the latter particularly in a skirt (but I like the Treasure pants!) might be wifeypon material for enough people.

I mean, Patty is my most wanted character besides Jill, so I'd totally whale for her :P My idea for a good Gen 2 banner would be Shannan as the face, Patty as the associate to the face, and Altena as the unrelated character, with Travant or Arion (preferably Travant) as the GHB. Also, your thinking of Larcei as Ayra Jr., not Creidne/Raddney/whatever you wanna call her

I would say an FE4 banner. He gotten more votes for his FE4 iteration than his FE5 one. The only group of people I can imagine him with in an FE5 banner is if he's with the Magi Squard  (Asvel, Brighton, Machuya, and Lara). Maybe Karin too.

For FE4, they have more freedom to put him in a combination of units. 

Plus, I like his hairstyle in FE4 way more than FE5. I'm a firm believer of "the higher the hair, the closer to God". I love a good ol' 90s puff.

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I would personally hope he gets added on an FE4 banner. That way, FE5 will have more room for some of its exclusive characters to shine.

Ideally I would like that too, but part of me won’t be surprised if he gets added in an FE5 banner

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Plus, I like his hairstyle in FE4 way more than FE5. I'm a firm believer of "the higher the hair, the closer to God". I love a good ol' 90s puff.

The eighties was truly a divine decade :P

Anyway, voted for FE5. Lewyn seemed to do fairly well from what anecdotal evidence I was aware of and they seem to have less faith in FE5 than in either generation of 4, so a unit that has a direct lore connection to one of the more popular recent additions and a similar (and probably superior) playstyle definitely seems like he'd be appealing from IS's view as a banner draw.

True, FE4 doesn't have a ton of greens left aside from nobodies, but they don't seem super concerned about color balance, so I could see them just dumping green for future FE4 gen 2 banners. They do however have plenty of characters who could make for notable additions. As others said Ayra 2.0 and Ayra 2.0-SNAPSHOT exist, who'd almost certainly be draws for simply being female sword users since they seem to love doubling down on them. Tine seems fairly popular and could be made quite interesting even if she doesn't have a ton of basis in the main game. Altenna would be a great candidate given her significance, appearance, and allowing for a straight up better version of one of the less impressive recent personal weapons. Arthur, depending on how they feel about canonical parents, could be a mounted Forseti user which'd almost certainly be a draw. And there's emperor Arvis, Ishtore, and Hilda in addition to the other villains mentioned who all seem semi-popular and have potential to be impressive units a la Fallen Hardin.

FE5 has a lot of beloved characters within the gsme's fans (Fred and Ralph, I'll always love you), but none seem to be as popular as any of the aforementioned. There are a lot more greens, but only really Marty (meme akin to Arden) and Orsin seem like they'd have realistic chances and IS seems to prefer making mages impressive over melees as far as non-red units go recently. They do have Mareeta for an Ayra-style draw, but they must be skeptical of her since she wasn't even on the debut banner and she's arguably the most important non-Leif character in the story.

The again all of this is based on my guesses rather than checking any CYL data so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by bottlegnomes

19 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Anyway, voted for FE5. Lewyn seemed to do fairly well from what anecdotal evidence I was aware of and they seem to have less faith in FE5 than in either generation of 4, so a unit that has a direct lore connection to one of the more popular recent additions and a similar (and probably superior) playstyle definitely seems like he'd be appealing from IS's view as a banner draw.

True, FE4 doesn't have a ton of greens left aside from nobodies, but they don't seem super concerned about color balance, so I could see them just dumping green for future FE4 gen 2 banners. They do however have plenty of characters who could make for notable additions. As others said Ayra 2.0 and Ayra 2.0-SNAPSHOT exist, who'd almost certainly be draws for simply being female sword users since they seem to love doubling down on them. Tine seems fairly popular and could be made quite interesting even if she doesn't have a ton of basis in the main game. Altenna would be a great candidate given her significance, appearance, and allowing for a straight up better version of one of the less impressive recent personal weapons. Arthur, depending on how they feel about canonical parents, could be a mounted Forseti user which'd almost certainly be a draw. And there's emperor Arvis, Ishtore, and Hilda in addition to the other villains mentioned who all seem semi-popular and have potential to be impressive units a la Fallen Hardin.

FE5 has a lot of beloved characters within the gsme's fans (Fred and Ralph, I'll always love you), but none seem to be as popular as any of the aforementioned. There are a lot more greens, but only really Marty (meme akin to Arden) and Orsin seem like they'd have realistic chances and IS seems to prefer making mages impressive over melees as far as non-red units go recently. They do have Mareeta for an Ayra-style draw, but they must be skeptical of her since she wasn't even on the debut banner and she's arguably the most important non-Leif character in the story.

The again all of this is based on my guesses rather than checking any CYL data so take it with a grain of salt.

Ugh I love eighties hair

To expand upon your FE5 points, other than the characters you mentioned, I could also seen Lifis and Lara getting in. Lifis seems pretty popular and Lara could be a red dagger Dancer. They haven't made a dancer for the normal 5 star pull in a while (last one was Silvia in September I believe). People usually whale for dancers too.

I kind of hope he'd be on an FE4 banner because I'd want some more exclusive FE5 characters if we get another FE5 banner. We currently only have Reinhardt, Olwen and Saias exclusive to FE5, despite the game not overlapping all that much in terms of its cast with FE4 >.<

9 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Not mentioning Travant and Patty smh

But yeah discounting the Jobros, the only other potential Green unit I can see in an FE4 Gen 2 banner is Arthur, mainly if they decide to reference how he practiced Wind magic in Silesia despite being from Freege. I guess Hannibal could also be an axe armor, but he seems more like a Sword armor if anything.

18 hours ago, Sasori said:

Fe5 meanwhile just needs more characters in general. So if Ced gets on the fe4 banner that means the other spot would go to another fe5 characters.

For IS that's really just an argument to add Ced in a Tracia Banner. IS obviously has no faith in the Tracian cast so putting in Ced saves them from having to use the Tracian characters while at the same time giving the banner a character that they know people want. 

I'd rather see him on an FE4 banner so there could be more spots for Thracia-only characters the next time IS remembers FE5 exists (especially since I don't think they would introduce two wind mages at the same time and I want Asvel), but if it's a choice between Ced or more alts as the face of the hypothetical next Thracia banner, by all means, put him in. (Unless the alt is Earth sword Nanna, that would be fine with me.)

• 3 weeks later...

All of you folks who want to see Ced (or other Jugdrali characters) can finally vote for them with the latest Choose Your Legends! I personally will be voting for Ced (guess it doesn't matter which game appearance I pick). I will be most likely be voting from other (more recognizable) FE games too, but I have to vote for characters such as Ced and Leif (Lief was my first vote).

On 1/3/2019 at 2:09 PM, Critical Sniper said:

I hate the name Ced, sounds dumb. It's basically how you call the letter "Z" in England. I preffer Sety but that's besides the point.

Sety would bei n FE4 because he is more relevant there than in FE5 or maybe he would appear in a mega banner of both.

You and me both.  Sety sounds way better, at least go with Cedric or something so he doesn't have to sound too boring.

Anyway, I feel he'd be FE4 just to avoid the "canocity" issue.  I forget how they handled Nanna but it'd be weird for him to not have Forseti in his FE5 version.