Creative Ideas for the Fire Emblem

vanguard333

Is it weird that I'm thinking that Byleth himself is Three Houses' Fire Emblem? Crests are considered a form of emblem, and his totally not Super Saiyan transformation feels a lot more meaningful than every other Avatar's or Lord's power-up.

Anyhow, I think it'd be cool if the Fire Emblem got corrupted, and the player had to fight the forces it wrought and make their way to it to battle the forces keeping it in darkness.

I’d try writing a story were the Fire Emblem is nothing, but that would be big reveal and turning point in the story.

Start things off as usual,  big bad empire invades with the pretense of obtaining the “Fire Emblem” from the other country which could be some random artifact...  maybe even randomly generate what the story says the Fire Emblem is, cause it really doesn’t matter, you’ll never see it.  Internally, the monarch knows its a lie, but his country is filled with religious fanatics that will only mobilize and crusade for the promise of this holy grail Fire Emblem.  So they claim the other country is doing something ‘evil’ with it so they HAVE to invade to get it.

And while the one country commits to war with the other, another surprise attacks the aggressors with similar pretenses.  I’d try to get as many different countries involved in conflict over the Fire Emblem  for different reasons.  One may claim to already have the Fire Emblem and to win over the fanatics of the first country... but they mess up some important detail in a ceremony or something... and now the “Fire Emblem” is shown to be fake.

Then a big hunt for the Fire Emblem across all the lands, different armies, bandits, mercenaries all fighting each other over an artifact that promises give the wielder great power, each with a slightly different version of an ancient legend.  And often they’re fighting over a different artifact, and it is just an excuse for waging war.  Some wish to claim it to hide it from the world, others want to use its power for good.... or “good” (actually, evil), maybe others want to sell it... 

And when the entire world is engulfed in war... as our dear ancient dragons always seem to lead thing into...  I’d slowly introduce the more traditional version of the Fire Emblem as an artifact to seal an ancient evil.  When our heroes finally arrive to the sacred temple place, they open vault... and there is nooooothing!!

They learned that YES, long ago there USED to be a Fire Emblem that sealed away evil mad dragons... but in the last ancient war the old heroes of legend lost.  The dragons were released and the Fire Emblem destroyed.  Every single person currently alive in the world is a descendant of mad dragons that turned human over countless millennia, which might explain why everyone outside is going trigger happy with war and conflict.  As battles escalates, people start turning more and more savage.  Loss of loved ones fuel a rage that turn former humans to savage beasts.  The evil comes from within each person.

I would write about the descent of all civilizations into savagery.  Even as our heroes win victories their efforts are in vain.  And when all hope seem lost, the entire world a frenzy zombie apocalypse, by providence a meteor crashes on world incinerating most of the crazy population, the rest frenzies die in the following long years of winter.  The only survivors the those humans who remain sane, willing to support each other survive the ice age.

The survivors would then write stories about an emblem of fire that once long ago fell from the sky and  incinerated the world scaring the land permanently.  Monarchs would wear fragments of the meteor in their heads as a reminder.

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2019 at 12:29 AM, MilodicMellodi said:

Is it weird that I'm thinking that Byleth himself is Three Houses' Fire Emblem? Crests are considered a form of emblem, and his totally not Super Saiyan transformation feels a lot more meaningful than every other Avatar's or Lord's power-up.

Anyhow, I think it'd be cool if the Fire Emblem got corrupted, and the player had to fight the forces it wrought and make their way to it to battle the forces keeping it in darkness.

Interesting, I always thought that Byleth's crest is the Fire Emblem but considering Byleth's role as a moral compass and pivotal to the victory of any side, and the crest is strictly vinculatated to Byleth, it's not far fetched considering her the Fire Emblem of Three Houses 

That would be awesome.

As for ideas... I'd think it would be neat if the Fire Emblem was not something physical. Being basically a concept or idea in itself.

2 hours ago, Mylady said:

Interesting, I always thought that Byleth's crest is the Fire Emblem but considering Byleth's role as a moral compass and pivotal to the victory of any side, and the crest is strictly vinculatated to Byleth, it's not far fetched considering her the Fire Emblem of Three Houses 

If it's the crest, then the game has two Fire Emblems.