Bound Hero Battle: Klein & Clarine

Landmaster

BHB-KC-Hard.png

Dealing with reinforcements this time~ I have a team I wanted to use to beat it but it's a very physically ranged heavy map for the first wave and my planned team was mostly mages so they're struggling a bit on Infernal~ I may just try to do Lunatic with them~ I beat Infernal with a very boring H!Myrrh sitting and eating everything strat so I'm probably going to end up killing off half my Barracks trying to get the other team to do it, LEL~

I killed off only maybe 4-5 units to get Infernal, mwahaha~

Anyway, post your clears!

Enemy Stats:

INFERNAL

Spoiler

Klein

HP:    64
Atk:    41
Spd:    31
Def:    22
Res:    27

Death Blow 3
Quick Riposte 3
Even Attack Wave

Brave Bow+
Glacies

Clarine

HP:    57
Atk:    40
Spd:    36
Def:    24
Res:    35

Resistance+3
Dazzling Staff
Spd Ploy 3

Fear+
Martyr+
Windfire Balm+

Theif

HP:    50
Atk:    38
Spd:    42
Def:    15
Res:    35

Flashing Blade 3
Chill Spd 3
Infantry Flash 3

Rogue Dagger+
Luna

Axe Fighter

HP:    65
Atk:    50
Spd:    34
Def:    33
Res:    24

HP/Atk 2
Guard 3
Infantry Pulse 3

Slaying Hammer+
Glimmer

Blue Mage

HP:    42
Atk:    49
Spd:    35
Def:    22
Res:    33

Atk/Res  2
Vantage 3
Res Ploy 3

Thoron+
Blazing Thunder

Red Bow

HP:    59
Atk:    47
Spd:    32
Def:    32
Res:    17

Darting Stance 3
Quick Riposte 3
Infantry Rush 3

Guard Bow+
Reprisal

REINFORCEMENTS

Edited by Landmaster

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my clear. The big and little siblings had a pretty alright run. I had to do some minor tweaking so Mmorgan would't be affected by chill speed and guidance helped me for the last part of this map. 

The reinforcements were a surprise considering it’s a BHB but I personally still found it to be pretty easy 

I honestly didn’t realize how close I cut some of these (particularly with Cherche) but hey everyone got the job done without having to change any skills (well, besides the new set I’m trying out on Micaiah).

@kirauza343 Nice! Speedy Micaiah seems like a fun set for her, although I always find it a bit niche compared to a breaker due to the sea of Wary Fighter. Anyways, everyone in your team played a clear role and it was full of close moments thanks to those mages, it was funny how Cherche was the only one that remained unscratched at the end of the map.

- - - - -

Imagine my surprise when I cleared this map ~5 minutes after it was released only to find there was no thread. These things happen so you won't hear me complain about that the gacha is already the main place where I throw my salt

Without further ado, here's Eirika's usual clear. The only thing is that this was a blind clear (didn't check the map, stats, skillsets or anything) so you may see one or two odd moves.

@mampfoid @Baldrick

All Clarine had to do was be a little bit closer, but nooo. She just had to sentence her allies to death by Wing Sword.

The above is “v2” because it’s a polished version of my initial attempt, which used Micaiah instead of Hrid.

And then I did one that actually uses Galeforce.

Spoiler

Edit: Plus a full PP one.

Edited by LordFrigid

Thanks for making the thread, Landmaster! 

@Sasori Nice to see you using the Hoshidan baby sibs! Read in the other thread that OG!Takumi and Sakunyan didn't work out, so I hope to still show them off in my own clear. How about giving Takumi a Brave Bow? Very impressive with so many close calls. Lucina wasn't the only one tanking here, and while Sakura was mostly there for support, I liked seeing her nerf the Axe Cavalier before taking a hit from him. She really got to help. Morgan taking out the Lance Cavalier with special damage was also pretty great. Congrats!

@kirauza343 Your team really didn't have much of a problem I see. Then again, Celica and especially Micaiah in the later parts are amazing for this map. I expected Mickey to dominate in the endgame, and while she certainly did her part, the rest of the girls didn't rest on their laurels either. Cherche was simply too powerful and seeing the flier suicide into Marisa was especially satisfying. Really well done!

And now for the Taku clear:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Zeo @Landmaster @ruruo @Azuris @daisy jane 

(Decided to let Clarine have the thumbnail for this one, since she got it by default)

Music: 1. Fanfares and Flowers 2. I cannot let you leave - both from Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine DLC 

The second song expresses the mix of annoyance and stubborness I felt when trying to clear this map. It really wasn't that easy, although it still worked out in the end. Skadikumi did some major tanking in the beginning, but pretty much everyone took some damage on this map. Except Nyakumi. He was perfectly fine somehow. Had to bait Clarine using OG!Takumi in order to get her out of the way for the endgame. The biggest hurdle was then, when all the horses and the green archer came closing in on my Takus. Luckily I was able to get the order exactly right, so the Takus could take them out. Everyone really put in their work for this map once again!

As always, Princess clear will hopefully be up by tomorrow. See you then!

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Thanks for making the thread, Landmaster! 

@Sasori Nice to see you using the Hoshidan baby sibs! Read in the other thread that OG!Takumi and Sakunyan didn't work out, so I hope to still show them off in my own clear. How about giving Takumi a Brave Bow? Very impressive with so many close calls. Lucina wasn't the only one tanking here, and while Sakura was mostly there for support, I liked seeing her nerf the Axe Cavalier before taking a hit from him. She really got to help. Morgan taking out the Lance Cavalier with special damage was also pretty great. Congrats!

Your brave bow Takumi put in a lot of work and he did look pretty cool. I might have given my OG takumi a brave bow too, but I already have my +attack Gordin for my brave bow needs. +speed Klein is there when I need a faster brave bow unit. Takumi's lack of a speed/strenght/defense boon makes his stats kinda 'meh'ish. He does come with Close counter so i've been considering a more tanky set. Still need to work that out though.

But thanks. The boys needed to use Sakura as a shield thanks to all the fury damage they received and she could take the hit. I might continue this team theme with Mmorgan and whatever version of Takumi, Lucina and Sakura fits best.

Also the witcher music does sound pretty cool on this clear.

27 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Spent two hours working on this.

@Landmaster @Sasori

Sad thing is in a month I wouldn't have needed as much SI on Morgan, since in a month she'll get +3 speed from the merge changes. Oh well.

Oh. Did't expect to see Fmorgan tank 2 archers of all things. On the bright side she might still need that Brazen atk/speed for the next challenge though.

2 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

@Landmaster @Sasori

Sad thing is in a month I wouldn't have needed as much SI on Morgan, since in a month she'll get +3 speed from the merge changes. Oh well.

what's your morgan's nature? mine is +res/-spd. (so oooh she'll be happy in a month!!). 
This is really good to know that Morgan can in fact deal massive damage. (I might upgrade a Linus for that Brazen Atk/Spd)

@LordFrigid great two clears!!

44 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

what's your morgan's nature? mine is +res/-spd. (so oooh she'll be happy in a month!!). 
This is really good to know that Morgan can in fact deal massive damage. (I might upgrade a Linus for that Brazen Atk/Spd)

@LordFrigid great two clears!!

Mine is the same nature. Brazen was just something for this run, currently she's on my Arena team running DD3 + QR3 + Atk Ploy + Iote's Shield seal.

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Mine is the same nature. Brazen was just something for this run, currently she's on my Arena team running DD3 + QR3 + Atk Ploy + Iote's Shield seal.

that's something to think too. :) (I don't have ... any DD3, that would be awesome making her a res/defense tank) :) thanks Robert :)

Infernal Klein & Clarine in one turn: 

First thought was: Wait, did they make this map to troll me? Then I saw Guard on the Axe Fighter and I was sure of it.

Also so many one-turn clears already, pretty cool people come to like this stuff as well! 

3 kills on EP is usually not my approach, but that's why Tiki exists. I needed Armor boots and therefore couldn't equip QR (didn't want to inherit either since she'll get Vengeful one day), but here you can see the advantages of a +SPD Tiki. :-) 

Ylgr makes an appearance, Chill SPD + SPD Tactic is a pretty handy combination. Also: Double smite! 

@Maaka I hope you don't mind the tag. 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

6 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

The reinforcements were a surprise considering it’s a BHB but I personally still found it to be pretty easy 

Hey cool, you are at +5 with Marisa already. Hope you enjoy AR to keep Grails floating in. Your team doesn't disappoint once more. 

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Without further ado, here's Eirika's usual clear. The only thing is that this was a blind clear (didn't check the map, stats, skillsets or anything) so you may see one or two odd moves.

Eirika at her best. A blind clear even, very nice! Do you try blind clears always first (and yo you record them?)?

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

All Clarine had to do was be a little bit closer, but nooo. She just had to sentence her allies to death by Wing Sword.

Ha, very original way to arrive to Clarine. Didn't think of that. 

And then I did one that actually uses Galeforce.

Great, Azuras new dance plus Lucinas Future Vision to make Raven arrive to Clarine. 

Edit: Plus a full PP one.

That's awesome, I didn't think it was possible. No idea why I ignore Lucina too often. 

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

And now for the Taku clear:

Can't see any of the troubles you've had (only the long retreat near the end), but the exact kills don't come automatically I know. Cool how made it work once again, congrats! 

3 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Triple Galeforce equipped? I'm on. 

Wow, one-turn clear without dancers and even without Cavs. Really impressive, congrats! 

@Alexmender

Looks like that wasn't giving you that much trouble, but that just shows how strong you made your Eirika. She took care of them easily only needing a second combat against a few.

Nice clear, well done.

@LordFrigid

These far apart enemies looked like a really hard setup for 1 turn clears and then that guard on the nearest unit was just mean. But that makes it even more impressive that you even got a complete PP clear. And that was a wonderful use of Lucina's ability yet again. Good job.

@Nanima

The Takumis are back and with taking out Klein with the first action they make clear pretty fast who the best archer is. It clearly shows, how much experience you have positioning your archers and even though reinforcements can be hard if you lack recovery you prevailed. A beautiful finish with taking out all 4 remaining enemies in one turn to make sure no one has to take another hit. Nicely done.

@mampfoid

This map could be annoying for 1 turn clears, but of course you got it done again. Poor Micaiah was pushed around, but it was better for her that way and guaranteed a smooth enemy phase to get everything wrapped up nicely. Well done.

Here's my late uploads~

I really wanted to use my Fates couples for Infernal, but they can’t beat it~ They’re just too fragile against all of these bows and the Thief upfront~ I might be able to get it if I give Takumi a Brave Bow.

This map marks the first time I intentionally promoted and killed off 5*s for their weapons to try to beat a map~ In this case it was giving Sakura the Rogue Dagger (took a page from Zeo’s book for this one) and giving Leo and Elise Raventomes because the initial phase has a lot of colorless enemies so I thought they’d help~

Well, if you watch the clear you’ll see that those two did effectively nothing so that’s always fun~ Don’t regret giving Sakura the Rogue Dagger though, this map had far too few mages to warrant using Kitty Paddle so at least she’ll always have that option~ I’ll probably still keep trying at Infernal but I don’t think they’ll beat it and there’s no chance the Dancers will with the reinforcements~ Maybe by the time this reruns I’ll have pulled another Summer Elise that’s not -Atk~

As for my actual Infernal Clear, it’s pretty boring but I uploaded it anyway for the sake of it~

I have no idea why Azura had Attack Tactics 1, LOL, I didn’t notice until I went to record~

Back to killing off my Barracks until Infernal falls

~~~~~

@Sasori- Pretty smooth clear all the way through. Even though you took some big hits, it was never too much for your team to handle, especially with Sakura’s useful healing. All of them really shined, TBH.

@kirauza343 - Did end up with some close calls but it shows how much everyone took part. As always, your team works really well together~

@Alexmender - Nice solo, this map isn’t too overwhelming with blues but Eirika barely takes much damage from them either. I’m also impressed how you kept her Support out of harm’s way since the map can be a bit small, spacing wise~ Good job!

@LordFrigid - Been a while since it’s been a solo one-turn, DC Caeda clear was great~ L!Azura is going to make getting Infantry units closer to the enemies much easier for one-turn clears.

@Nanima - Skadkumi’s tanking comes through again. Sunkumi’s Firesweep was really good here since this map was so full of ranged units, he made pretty easy work of most of them. OG!Takumi quad ding the Axe Cav was highly satisfying~ By the end it was just a matter of picking off the survivors, great clear!~

@Robert of Normandy - Morgan really was the MVP today~ Not only surviving several bows, but coming down to 3 HP to finish off all of the last three enemies~ Great job!

@mampfoid - Groom Marth and Tiki, nice seeing Smite Tiki again!~ As to be expected, she makes it easy eating everything and taking everything out no problem~

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I cleared hard and lunatic, but because they decided to throw the dumb reinforcements into this, I have no idea how I'll do infernal without help. -_-

Here's PM's solution~

@daisy jane Thanks! Yeah, I really get feeling like you just don't want to bother with a map due to the overall annoyance of it. I default to this with LHBs these days, and seeing as they are increasing the difficulty of both ghb and bhb as well, sometimes it's better on the nerves to just use a guide.

@Sasori Yeah sadly, OG!Takumi doesn't really have anything stand out about him and both Klein and Gordin are way easier to merge and get great IVs for. I think he could work in a defensive role, although obviously not as well as some other archers could. Still, if you really like him, the effort is definitely worth it. 

Fury is a good skill, but it's not great for sustained defense. Sakura thankfully doesn't fall to a stiff breeze, like some other healers I could name. Her well-rounded stats are something I really love about her. Looking forward to seeing more of this team! 

Yeah, I really like the music from that game and am happy to make it fit into these challenges.

@mampfoid I saw the map and immediately felt pity for you. The set up looked particularly irritating with how spaced out the enemies were. It's great to see a lot of new faces though. I was especially impressed with Groom Marth. He tore through the enemies only to charge around the corner and straight at Clarine. Quite dashing! Ylgr may not have been able to do much besides debuffing and pushing, but those things were vital for this clear. And finally L!Tiki just ate the guys at the bottom for breakfast. She is so powerful, I really hope to get her someday. 

13 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Can't see any of the troubles you've had (only the long retreat near the end), but the exact kills don't come automatically I know. Cool how made it work once again, congrats! 

Yeah, that was the part that took the most tries to get right, since I needed every Taku to get a kill. I knew it was possible, but the way there was long. Thanks!

@Azuris Indeed, getting Klein first was the main aim of my initial set up! He's annoyed me too many times already. Thank you for the complement! After a time, it really starts getting easier to tell where to put and move your units. I saw the last part as setting up an ambush for those pesky horses and I am very glad it worked out well.

@Landmaster  Sweet to see the baby sibs in action again, even if they couldn't quite manage Infernal. Reinforcement maps can be particularly rough without significant sustain, so it's very understandable. I have to say though that I really enjoyed Sakunyan killing things with her rouge dagger. She was a force to be reckoned with. Same thing for Takumi once he got into Depseration range. Elise had some highlights and Leo tanked well, so it really was a team effort! Good luck on your future attempts!

Aw, seeing that deadly kindergarten was adorable! They also sure didn't take any prisoners, what with Myrrh and Nowi just eating their way through the horde. Witchy Nowi kept flitting in to snipe the enemies while Azura danced. I really thought it was a cute clear and definitely not boring!

Now for the Princess clear!

@mcsilas @Zeo @ruruo @kirauza343

Music: 1. Fanfares and Flower (yes, again) 2. Wine Wars - Both once more from the Blood and Wine dlc of Witcher 3

Sakura voice: "Line 'em up for me!"  This honestly looked like a baseball game, with Sakura's staff as the bat

I came prepared for this clear, having already acquired and fully upgraded the ATK/Spd Bond seal in order to unleash Sakura's true potential. And boy did it not disappoint. Through all the Atk stacking she must have reached 70 Atk at some point, if her 30 damage a pop against the Axe Cavalier with 40 Res (4 from Ward Cavalry) is any indication. Alongside 48 Spd. Who even needs a special? Couldn't be prouder of my gentle war goddess. 

I also gave Sakunyan a Barbed Shuriken, so she could act more offensive against enemies other than mages. Even if OG! Sakura still stole the show, I was proud to see Sakunyan take out her own share of opponents for this clear. Kinoka helped take out Clarine at the start and then kept the fliers of my back, so she did her share of the work. Hinoka herself once again saw no direct action, but she helped set up the Sakuras' kills and always pulled them out of danger, so I think she'd be happy. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this clear. Much less annoying than the Taku one and very fun. 

After the first round of VG, I decide to take Hrid (as a guest of Hoshido) and his bodyguards to this map. 

@mcsilas @Zeo @mampfoid I fall in love with Hrid the first time I see him on Legendary banner( and fail to get him). So after I got his new year version I decide to treasure him and I think I will use him a lot in the future. So here it is, my first showdown of 2019. And don't worry, I will drop my comment to you guys later.

Enjoy the show!!

Edited by Ginko

@mampfoid

Tiki strikes again, nice work! Just embrace your inner EP focus. Interesting to see Ylgr as well, I don’t think I’ve watched a clear that used her before.

@Landmaster

Lunatic or not, if you had told me that Summer Leo would tank a Lance Flier, I wouldn’t have believed it. Nice use of Escape Route.

Nice job on Infernal, as well! It’s always nice to see Myrrh just sitting around, watching enemies bounce off her.

Am I a madwoman? The answer is yes~

Incredibly, all it took to figure it out was basically just 3 SI; Escape Route on Elise, Glacies on Leo, and Spur Atk 3 on Takumi (didn't even need the Brave Bow)~ The good old Summer Tomes and their Drives ended up being the key the whole time, combined with Sakunyan unleashing her inner Matthew~ One of the major issues I was facing was not being able to get rid of Clarine early enough or do enough damage to Klein and the Red Bow, but the Drives and Spur Atk helped seal the deal~ Escape Route helped keep everyone from being too spread out and get back together when they needed, and the Rogue Dagger saved Leo and Takumi~

I now take responsibility for Team Laevatein losing in VG because I spent waaayy too much time on this and not spending my flags afsdgfhgl

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Landmaster  Sweet to see the baby sibs in action again, even if they couldn't quite manage Infernal. Reinforcement maps can be particularly rough without significant sustain, so it's very understandable. I have to say though that I really enjoyed Sakunyan killing things with her rouge dagger. She was a force to be reckoned with. Same thing for Takumi once he got into Depseration range. Elise had some highlights and Leo tanked well, so it really was a team effort! Good luck on your future attempts!

Aw, seeing that deadly kindergarten was adorable! They also sure didn't take any prisoners, what with Myrrh and Nowi just eating their way through the horde. Witchy Nowi kept flitting in to snipe the enemies while Azura danced. I really thought it was a cute clear and definitely not boring!

Now for the Princess clear!

@mcsilas @Zeo @ruruo @kirauza343

Music: 1. Fanfares and Flower (yes, again) 2. Wine Wars - Both once more from the Blood and Wine dlc of Witcher 3

Sakura voice: "Line 'em up for me!"  This honestly looked like a baseball game, with Sakura's staff as the bat

I came prepared for this clear, having already acquired and fully upgraded the ATK/Spd Bond seal in order to unleash Sakura's true potential. And boy did it not disappoint. Through all the Atk stacking she must have reached 70 Atk at some point, if her 30 damage a pop against the Axe Cavalier with 40 Res (4 from Ward Cavalry) is any indication. Alongside 48 Spd. Who even needs a special? Couldn't be prouder of my gentle war goddess. 

I also gave Sakunyan a Barbed Shuriken, so she could act more offensive against enemies other than mages. Even if OG! Sakura still stole the show, I was proud to see Sakunyan take out her own share of opponents for this clear. Kinoka helped take out Clarine at the start and then kept the fliers of my back, so she did her share of the work. Hinoka herself once again saw no direct action, but she helped set up the Sakuras' kills and always pulled them out of danger, so I think she'd be happy. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this clear. Much less annoying than the Taku one and very fun. 

I had actually only done the Kindergarten clear once before, it was slightly different than what I did the first time (which just shows how easy Myrrh beats this)~ But I like a bit more of a challenge so I think you'll enjoy Fates sibs clearing Infernal~

Nice to get rid of Clarine upfront, her Fear Staff can be quite the nuisance. And great use of Gravity, when I was failing at my Infernal attempts, I was hurting at still lacking OG!Elise that could have made keeping the enemies at bay much easier. I see you also went with another Shuriken for Sakunyan and the Vantage kill was one of her highlights~ But you’re right about OG Sakura stealing the show, her damage output was insane~ Kinoka was still a help for keeping the left side clear of those Pegasi, plus Hinoka always keeping Sakura out of harms way~ Really good clear~

@Ginko Nice seeing NY Hrid in action, and H!Kagero~ I always love seeing people use Kaze and yours didn't disappoint. I didn't expect Hrid to take 0 damage from from a Blue Flier but he ate it and got exact damage to finish it off, nice!

@LordFrigid thanks, haha! He surprised me, too taking the Lance~ They impress a bit more in Infernal if you're interested!~

So Klein and Clarine got one. I have to assume Pent and Louise get one in future, right?

Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with an armour squad of Bector, Eirimas, Arden and Vamp!Henry and Infernal cleared with the powercouple of Arvis/Fjorm alongside Nohrzura and Summelise. Was a bit to trip me up on each of these, but the job's done.

Edited by Dayni

I managed to clear the Infernal with some no-merge, mostly accessible units (my Veronica was pulled for and therefore not neutral IVs). Cavalry are awesome.

5* Ares: -Atk +Res (lol), Dark Mystletainn, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Brazen Atk/Def 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry, Quickened Pulse seal (S rank Cecilia)

5* Cecilia:  +Spd -Def, Gronnraven+, Shove, Iceberg, Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3, Ward Cavalry, Spd/Def 1 seal (S rank Ares)

5* Veronica: +Spd -HP, Prf weapon, Recover+, Windfire Balm+, Atk/Res 1, Wrathful Staff 3, Ward Cavalry, Live to Serve 1 seal

5* Young Azura: Neutral, Book of Shadows, Sing, Glacies, Spd/Res Bond 3, Wings of Mercy 2, Drive Spd 2, Drive Spd 1 seal

The general idea was to get Cecilia to deal with all the colourless and lance units with her powerful TA Gronnraven set (Klein especially is demolished by this), while reds and greens were dealt with by Veronica and Ares. If I had Goad cavalry to use, it would have been better on Ares than Hone, and honestly I don't think Vantage did much for me either. Veronica dealt exceptional chip damage while buffing everyone, Ares tanked enough damage with his physical bulk while hitting back hard with constant special triggers, and with Wings of Mercy, Azura could eventually follow around to refresh, and at the end she actually dealt with the final red armor with her pretty strong damage of her own. Veronica also did just enough healing to keep herself healthy too as she tanks a couple hits to keep Cecilia safe.

TA Gronnraven Cecilia was a really good investment.