Which character has your favorite art?

Byliyth

+1 for Shanna.

Kaze, Marisa, Valter, Ayra, Kinshi Hinoka all look great.

B!Celica goes without saying, I like the art for the other Celicas too though.

Anything Tomoyo, Sencha, cuboon, or Haccan whip up is going to look great.

Edited by Wanda

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/4/2019 at 10:41 PM, Freohr Datia said:

okay so

I just really love Tobi's art in general, but I'd choose female Morgan's as my favorite. I need to learn to color eyes that way...

Agreed! Tobi is my favorite artist overall. Love the watecolor style and the eyes are beautiful.

But favorite overall art? Maybe Marisa? I just adore the colors used in her hair/eyes/outfit. Something about it is just beautiful to me. F!Morgan would be a close runner-up.

Honorable mentions in no particular order (not including anything Tobi did): L!Lucina, Joshua, LA!Eliwood, NY!Corrin and NY!Hrid.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I agree NY Gunnthra is goregous. Yukata Elincia is absolutely beautiful too, I S supported her with RD Ike in a heartbeat. <3

A man of culture I see! A rarity indeed for one to ship Elincia and Ike in these days.

10 hours ago, ArgentSable said:

A man of culture I see! A rarity indeed for one to ship Elincia and Ike in these days.

First: I'm not a man, I'm a woman. It clearly says female right under my member badge. Second, that pairing is still popular. I see tons of fanfics and fanart for it.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

First: I'm not a man, I'm a woman. It clearly says female right under my member badge. Second, that pairing is still popular. I see tons of fanfics and fanart for it.

I never noticed the whole male/female thing under the member badge, so my bad. And I barely see stuff for it. Though, most of what I see is people arguing that Ike x Soren is cannon, so I stopped looking up Ike fanart a while back.

And again, sorry bout the mixup. Had no clue about the gender thing below the member badge. Real sorry bout that one.

2 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

I never noticed the whole male/female thing under the member badge, so my bad. And I barely see stuff for it. Though, most of what I see is people arguing that Ike x Soren is cannon, so I stopped looking up Ike fanart a while back.

And again, sorry bout the mixup. Had no clue about the gender thing below the member badge. Real sorry bout that one.

Well, they're wrong. Ike and Soren are not canon. They only have an ending where they travel together. That does not equal couple/marriage. Priam exists too and may indicate that Ike married a woman and raised a family with her. People can ship Ike and Soren as a couple if they want, but they cannot say they're a canon pairing. I don't say Ike and Elincia are canon either, of course. They didn't even get an ending for who knows why, so...

Alright, it's cool, and now you know for next time. ;)

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, they're wrong. Ike and Soren are not canon. They only have an ending where they travel together. That does not equal couple/marriage. Priam exists too and may indicate that Ike married a woman and raised a family with her. People can ship Ike and Soren as a couple if they want, but they cannot say they're a canon pairing. I don't say Ike and Elincia are canon either, of course. They didn't even get an ending for who knows why, so...

Alright, it's cool, and now you know for next time. ;)

Actually, I do think that RD cut a lot of content (I think it was due to lack of funds or just the need to release the game). Namely, a bunch of supports and endings like older Fire Emblems. There were unique supports for pretty much every character, including unique supports for Ike with Elincia, Micaiah, Mia, Sothe, and so on.
Which is probably why I wan't RD remade and hopefully, fleshed out more support wise, since that's what the game was seemingly lacking in it's final release, actual unique supports between a lot of characters.

And yeah, now I know. :D

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Just a note. If they are using the forums via the mobile version of the site, gender is not actually displayed (and neither are signatures and other such indicators). They may not actually be disrespecting you.

Edited by Etheus

1 minute ago, ArgentSable said:

Actually, I do think that RD cut a lot of content (I think it was due to lack of funds or just the need to release the game). Namely, a bunch of supports and endings like older Fire Emblems. There were unique supports for pretty much every character, including unique supports for Ike with Elincia, Micaiah, Mia, Sothe, and so on.
Which is probably why I wan't RD remade and hopefully, fleshed out more support wise, since that's what the game was seemingly lacking in it's final release, actual unique supports between a lot of characters.

And yeah, now I know. :D

That was PoR that cut a lot of supports, actually. RD Only cut fleshed out A support conversations. But I would've loved to see both. And for Ike and Elincia to get that much needed ending, even if it's platonic rather than romantic.

But yes, I agree, Tellius could use a remake and especially a re-release at all. They're really inaccessible these days.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Just a note. If they are using the forums via the mobile version of the site, gender is not actually displayed. They may not actually be disrespecting you.

Oh, really? I didn't know that, my mistake.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

First: I'm not a man, I'm a woman.

"You are man of culture" is a weeby meme phrase indicating that the poster approves of your interests and that those interests are not as popular as alternative, similar interests. It's most commonly used for things like less-popular characters (over more popular characters), less-popular pairings (over more popular pairings), and thighs (over other commonly sexualized body parts).

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"You are man of culture" is a weeby meme phrase indicating that the poster approves of your interests and that those interests are not as popular as alternative, similar interests. It's most commonly used for things like less-popular characters (over more popular characters), less-popular pairings (over more popular pairings), and thighs (over other commonly sexualized body parts).

Oh, I didn't know that either. Okay then.

When playing the Tellius games I never got anything from Ike/Soren other than they are good friends.  Nothing indicates Ike is gay either.  It seems like a yaoi fangirl theory or something.  Though fantasy is fine this seems to have been pushed like some 'canon' thing when there is nothing supporting it.

On topic.  Best art?  Wow that is hard.  

Summer Tana, Winter Lissa, NY Gunnthra, Spring Kagero, Brave Celica, Brave Ike, Legendary Hector, Lene, Zephiel, Ophelia, Yukuta Elincia, Yukuta Ryoma, Lewyn, PA Olivia

33 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

When playing the Tellius games I never got anything from Ike/Soren other than they are good friends.  Nothing indicates Ike is gay either.  It seems like a yaoi fangirl theory or something.  Though fantasy is fine this seems to have been pushed like some 'canon' thing when there is nothing supporting it.

On topic.  Best art?  Wow that is hard.  

Summer Tana, Winter Lissa, NY Gunnthra, Spring Kagero, Brave Celica, Brave Ike, Legendary Hector, Lene, Zephiel, Ophelia, Yukuta Elincia, Yukuta Ryoma, Lewyn, PA Olivia

The whole thing about it being cannon is because Soren is heavily invested in Ike, especially the whole crying in his arms thing. People take that as a huge flag for Ike being "gay". However, they seem to forget the two were pretty much raised together after Ike stopped Soren from starving, not to mention that Soren literally only opens up to the dude who stopped him from starving. So I see it more as this adoration for his hero/brotherly bond type deal.

17 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

The whole thing about it being cannon is because Soren is heavily invested in Ike, especially the whole crying in his arms thing. People take that as a huge flag for Ike being "gay". However, they seem to forget the two were pretty much raised together after Ike stopped Soren from starving, not to mention that Soren literally only opens up to the dude who stopped him from starving. So I see it more as this adoration for his hero/brotherly bond type deal.

Yeah I didn't get that gay flag at all, just that they are very close friends who have been through a lot.  There is zero 'romantic' vibe.  Anyone looking at the complete history of what Soren had been through and meeting Ike, his crying and how he is so thankful to Ike and all that it makes perfect sense and it has nothing to do with romance/attraction.  

I agree, I never saw any real indication that Ike or Soren are gay either. And a guy can comfort a crying guy without being gay, can't he? :/ I mean, would they have said the same if Ike and Soren had been women? It doesn't seem like a woman comforting a crying woman would be seen as lesbian in the same vein to me. And I can tell you for certain that it doesn't mean the women are lesbians because I once had another girl comfort me that way when I was crying too. And we didn't really know each other that well yet.

Ike doesn't really seem to have any indicated sexuality or he just hasn't discovered what he prefers yet as far as I can see. He could be asexual or bisexual for all we know. And given that he doesn't remember his mother much, his father was distant, and the only female figures he had in his life for a long time were his sister and Titania, he probably did not get much knowledge in the way of girls, romance, and other stuff. Titania was teaching him more about combat and being a mercenary than anything. He could tell she loved Greil, but would Ike be able to know if he was falling for anyone himself or if someone was loving him? I'm not sure. He didn't pick up right away that Aimee was hitting on him with the way she touched his hand when she'd hand him equipment. Also, Ike seemed confused when Gatrie was trying to get him to look at the Begnion palace maids. Not simply uninterested, confused. Ike didn't even realize at first that Gatrie was talking about the maids, he thought he just meant the actual flowers in the area.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And a guy can comfort a crying guy without being gay, can't he?

Yeah. I can cry to my guy friends and I have done that once or twice, but that does not mean I want to drop the soap with them though!

However, I can see why some people might think that Ike and Soren are gay. Most people are not that used to that level of intimacy, so people who are not used to guys being so vulnerable to other guys will perceive that as romantic interest, as they have only seen that level of intimacy and vulnerability between lovers.

Can we all just agree that people have the right to interpret relationships like they want? Especially in a game released in a time where we had close to no representation of same-gender romances anywhere. Headcanons were the closest thing we got. I personally think there were enough hints that one could take Ike and Soren's relationship romantically, but don't mind if someone else doesn't. Obviously they wouldn't make the main protagonist of a mid-2000s Nintendo game be openly and officially gay, but that doesn't mean people can't see him that way. Their emotional bond clearly struck a chord with some people, and the fact that Ike doesn't get together with Elincia (who to me seemed more like an employer turned friend than potential lover) or another woman, but instead rides off into the sunset with either Soren or Ranulf made it all the easier to see him that way. Especially when contrasted with other lords who all either have official wives/girlfriends or can at least be paured with women.

Tl;dr: Ike/Soren as a ship is completely harmless (even if some fans can admittedly be a bit volatile about it), and while I don't think it was ever intended to be an official pairing, I don't think it's unreasonable.

Don't see why are people are getting triggered over people suggesting Ike and Soren might be romantically interested but this should be in a different thread. 

I looooove most artists but I have to say that I like Daisuke Izuka's art the most. So pretty.

Priam is at least living proof that Ike had a romantic relationship, if we are to believe he is who he claims to be. 

I do not think that Ike x Elincia is possible. Aside from this having no romantic chemistry, Ike's canon ending of leaving Tellius entirely to explore new lands would be unfeasible and irresponsible for the king of Crimea.

Thus, I think that his most likely partners, if anyone from Tellius are Lethe and Mia. Ike x Lethe shows real promise towards the end, and really complements Ike's growth as a person and respect for the Laguz. They also have very compatible personalities. Ike x Mia is more likely, as Mia is shown to have trained closely under Ike and Priam's personality is highly similar to that of hers.

But the most likely answer is likely in plain sight, and it isn't one that would please anyone. That being Ike x Unknown. There is no evidence that Ike brought anyone other than Soren/Ranulf with him, and it is simply more likely that he settled down with a character we'll never see.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Priam is at least living proof that Ike had a romantic relationship, if we are to believe he is who he claims to be. 

Not necessarily. Priam doesn't have to be a //direct// descendant to count as a descendant. He could always be from Mist's line of the family. Or he could be anyone, since Ragnell isn't tied to a bloodline like Falchion is and who knows where it ended up over the generations.

I personally lean towards Aimee having sex with a blue haired guy and telling everyone the kid was Ike's. Point is, Priam isn't proof of anything.

Anyway, we are really getting off topic now. I haven't actually stated which art I like most so here:

- Both Sakuras are beautiful and very cute looking.

-Bride Caeda and Gunnthra look really soft and pretty. 

- Mage!Eirika is the prettiest Eirika.

15 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Not necessarily. Priam doesn't have to be a //direct// descendant to count as a descendant. He could always be from Mist's line of the family. Or he could be anyone, since Ragnell isn't tied to a bloodline like Falchion is and who knows where it ended up over the generations.

I personally lean towards Aimee having sex with a blue haired guy and telling everyone the kid was Ike's. Point is, Priam isn't proof of anything.

Anyway, we are really getting off topic now. I haven't actually stated which art I like most so here:

- Both Sakuras are beautiful and very cute looking.

-Bride Caeda and Gunnthra look really soft and pretty. 

- Mage!Eirika is the prettiest Eirika.

That involves multiple claims, however.

If it is Mist's (or anyone else's) descendant, said descendant would have to resemble Ike, independently decide to travel to the same place that Ike did, and just happen to find Ragnell.

If Priam is a random person native to Ylisse, he would have to acquire Ragnell and learn of a history from a world and a person completely removed from his own.

Occam's razor would hold that Priam is a direct descendant of Ike. That involves the fewest assumptions.

Edited by Etheus