Which character has your favorite art?

Byliyth

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Occam's razor would hold that Priam is a direct descendant of Ike. That involves the fewest assumptions.

That has absolutely no bearing. Unless Priam appears in another game where it's proven beyond a doubt that he is a direct descendant or Intsys makes an officia statement on the matter, anything goes. But if you really want to continue discussing this, you should either message me or open a topic on it in the Tellius/Awakening forums. We are really dragging this topic off the rails.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Not necessarily. Priam doesn't have to be a //direct// descendant to count as a descendant. He could always be from Mist's line of the family. Or he could be anyone, since Ragnell isn't tied to a bloodline like Falchion is and who knows where it ended up over the generations.

I personally lean towards Aimee having sex with a blue haired guy and telling everyone the kid was Ike's. Point is, Priam isn't proof of anything.

Anyway, we are really getting off topic now. I haven't actually stated which art I like most so here:

- Both Sakuras are beautiful and very cute looking.

-Bride Caeda and Gunnthra look really soft and pretty. 

- Mage!Eirika is the prettiest Eirika.

Actually, it makes no sense for Mists' descendancy to find Ike in Archanaea, it makes no actual feasable sense that they'd find Ike's corpse when he was never heard from again, ever. And in the japanese wording they use the words for grandson (or grandson of lineale descent) so in reality, it's vague, but not that vague. And Priam uses Aether in Cipher (which is extended lore to be fair), and he even mentions how the hero he descended from traveled to this world (Archanaea) and that he claims to bear descent from that hero. But as you say, completely off topic for the board. XD

Edit: That and, Awakening was mean't to be their last game. I doubt IS would effectively put a gag descendant in there when they were more than likely putting a throwback to Ike before closing up shop. So the whole Occam' Razor thing does have some merit.

Edited by ArgentSable

47 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I do not think that Ike x Elincia is possible. Aside from this having no romantic chemistry, Ike's canon ending of leaving Tellius entirely to explore new lands would be unfeasible and irresponsible for the king of Crimea.

Not having any chemistry is up to interpretation. But I will give you that it's hard for that pairing to have happened regardless. Ike's ending is so full of shit. For many reasons, not just this.

But this is way off topic.

I actually must say I like most of Suekane Kumiko's art for guys, not just Summer Freddy as I'd mentioned before. Particularly Frederick, Camus, and Bunny Xander.

17 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Actually, it makes no sense for Mists' descendancy to find Ike in Archanaea, it makes no actual feasable sense that they'd find Ike's corpse when he was never heard from again, ever. And in the japanese wording they use the words for grandson (or grandson of lineale descent) so in reality, it's vague, but not that vague. And Priam uses Aether in Cipher (which is extended lore to be fair), and he even mentions how the hero he descended from traveled to this world (Archanaea) and that he claims to bear descent from that hero. But as you say, completely off topic for the board.

Okay, last time I'll reply on this topic, because this is really stretching things. The Japanese kanji thing is interesting and something I'll check out later. Still, you could make the claim that the blue hair gene is recessive, and Mist still carried it. And after a whole bunch of generations nobody remembered the exact relationship any more.

Or if you want to go down an Ike/Soren route, you could just say they had a surrogate mom carry the baby for them. There, very simple. Does that count as Occam's Razor?

Again, feel free to message me if you want to continue this.

7 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Okay, last time I'll reply on this topic, because this is really stretching things. The Japanese kanji thing is interesting and something I'll check out later. Still, you could make the claim that the blue hair gene is recessive, and Mist still carried it. And after a whole bunch of generations nobody remembered the exact relationship any more.

Or if you want to go down an Ike/Soren route, you could just say they had a surrogate mom carry the baby for them. There, very simple. Does that count as Occam's Razor?

Again, feel free to message me if you want to continue this.

Occam's razor is a logical principle attributed to the mediaeval philosopher externallink.GIFWilliam of Occam (or Ockham). The principle states that one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed

It seems a bit complicated. Occam's Razor is to not look too much into it, if you aren't given a lot of information to work on. Simply put, if it's what it looks like, then it's exactly that. Thus, assuming a million variables need to happen for Ike to have kids with Soren or Ranulf, ranging from Surrogate mothers to Mist's descendancy getting lucky and finding Ike's corpse, sword and gear, is the exact opposite of Occam's Razor. But yeah, we've gotten way off topic in a favorite art post. So I think we should just end it

Also, can I post a link here? I know a site that has all the info regarding Priam, Ike x Soren, and Ike x Any woman, released officially by IS and it makes references to the Japanese Kanji and all the "evidence" for all ends.

Edited by ArgentSable

And I'm going to sit here and believe that due to Outrealm business, there's still an AU where Ike got with Lincy. :P

Oh yeah, I dig Hrid's art. He's really handsome! I like his original a bit more than his NY one though.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I'm going to sit here and believe that due to Outrealm business, there's still an AU where Ike got with Lincy. :P

Oh yeah, I dig Hrid's art. He's really handsome! I like his original a bit more than his NY one though.

Yeah I can agree with both ideas XD

I'll also say that I prefer NY Hrid's VA to his OG VA. Original feels nerdier. . Same way I like Olivia's PA Voice Acting than the others (she sounds happy not to mention she stutters less).

2 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Yeah I can agree with both ideas XD

I'll also say that I prefer NY Hrid's VA to his OG VA. Original feels nerdier. . Same way I like Olivia's PA Voice Acting than the others (she sounds happy not to mention she stutters less).

Yay. :)

But both Hrids have the same VA... I will admit NY Hrid sounds like he went a bit deeper though.

Big nerdy grew on me quite a bit. When I first heard it, I was like what the heck? But the kore I listened to it, and started reading his lines in that voice, I really came to like it, unlike certain other characters.

Still though, will need to check out NY Hrid's voice.

And speaking of attractive, somewhat older men, can I give a shout-out to Gustav?

Edited by bottlegnomes

10 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I looooove most artists but I have to say that I like Daisuke Izuka's art the most. So pretty.

Yessss, Daisuke Izuka is fantastic! His L!Marth is my favourite, it's the earrings, hahah!

17 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I agree, I never saw any real indication that Ike or Soren are gay either. And a guy can comfort a crying guy without being gay, can't he? :/ I mean, would they have said the same if Ike and Soren had been women? It doesn't seem like a woman comforting a crying woman would be seen as lesbian in the same vein to me. And I can tell you for certain that it doesn't mean the women are lesbians because I once had another girl comfort me that way when I was crying too. And we didn't really know each other that well yet.

Ike doesn't really seem to have any indicated sexuality or he just hasn't discovered what he prefers yet as far as I can see. He could be asexual or bisexual for all we know. And given that he doesn't remember his mother much, his father was distant, and the only female figures he had in his life for a long time were his sister and Titania, he probably did not get much knowledge in the way of girls, romance, and other stuff. Titania was teaching him more about combat and being a mercenary than anything. He could tell she loved Greil, but would Ike be able to know if he was falling for anyone himself or if someone was loving him? I'm not sure. He didn't pick up right away that Aimee was hitting on him with the way she touched his hand when she'd hand him equipment. Also, Ike seemed confused when Gatrie was trying to get him to look at the Begnion palace maids. Not simply uninterested, confused. Ike didn't even realize at first that Gatrie was talking about the maids, he thought he just meant the actual flowers in the area.

This right here.  Guys aren't known for crying openly or being emotional but certainly some have been through terrible things like war, loss of loved ones, some severe trauma, and Soren crying to Ike doesn't at all indicate romantic feelings or being gay.  If someone was starving terribly abused looked at as trash by everyone, and a person saved them, fed them, accepted them.  Sure that person would be super grateful, ask anyone in the real world who has been saved from something terrible the way that they look at their rescuer.  It is eternal gratitude and reverence. This is how Soren looks at Ike.  

As for Ike we get pretty much nothing as far as romantic feelings towards anyone, he is focused on the goals of his squad and avenging his father.  Priam does make whatever evidence we have lean very heavily towards Ike being heterosexual and not being with Soren in any romantic way.

Headcanons are fine, and people can pair whatever floats their boat.  However heavily pushing a Nina yaoi fantasy as canon is honestly irksome. 

Edited by Lewyn

24 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

This right here.  Guys aren't known for crying openly or being emotional but certainly some have been through terrible things like war, loss of loved ones, some severe trauma, and Soren crying to Ike doesn't at all indicate romantic feelings or being gay.  If someone was starving terribly abused looked at as trash by everyone, and a person saved them, fed them, accepted them.  Sure that person would be super grateful, ask anyone in the real world who has been saved from something terrible the way that they look at their rescuer.  It is eternal gratitude and reverence. This is how Soren looks at Ike.  

As for Ike we get pretty much nothing as far as romantic feelings towards anyone, he is focused on the goals of his squad and avenging his father.  Priam does make whatever evidence we have lean very heavily towards Ike being heterosexual and not being with Soren in any romantic way.

Headcanons are fine, and people can pair whatever floats their boat.  However heavily pushing a Nina yaoi fantasy as canon is honestly irksome. 

This is honestly my PoV in a nutshell. So long as the person isn't screaming "this is cannon!" I'm okay with it. Hell, a dumb example to compare, but I adore Robin and Olivia, and there's unique sequences between the two, and Inigo even makes some sense as his kid, but I don't go around saying they're cannon. That's just dumb, and since nothing is cannon (not even Eliwood and Ninian which is super heavily pushed) any assumption on evidence can be made, but can be completely wrong.

Back on topic.

1 hour ago, Lau said:

Yessss, Daisuke Izuka is fantastic! His L!Marth is my favourite, it's the earrings, hahah!

I thought I was the only one to notice those earrings. They really made me love the attention to detail they gave Marth. And he deserves it too, the Hero King of Archanaea deserves as much.

31 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah, man, this post exactly, 100%. Thanks for backing me up.

9 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

This is honestly my PoV in a nutshell. So long as the person isn't screaming "this is cannon!" I'm okay with it. Hell, a dumb example to compare, but I adore Robin and Olivia, and there's unique sequences between the two, and Inigo even makes some sense as his kid, but I don't go around saying they're cannon. That's just dumb, and since nothing is cannon (not even Eliwood and Ninian which is super heavily pushed) any assumption on evidence can be made, but can be completely wrong.

Yeah, I don't go around saying Frederick x Robin is canon either even though I can see a few ways that Robin and Morgan fit as Frederick's wife and son myself. I just enjoy shipping them. It really is dumb to insist that your ship is canon if it has no real proof of being so.

11 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

I thought I was the only one to notice those earrings. They really made me love the attention to detail they gave Marth. And he deserves it too, the Hero King of Archanaea deserves as much.

Legend Marth has earrings? *looks* Oh wow, he does. I had to look really closely though, they're tiny and not exactly out there. And I'm pretty good at noticing details. xP That is a nice touch though!

I should probably also add myself to the Everything-Yoshiku-Draws-Is-Awesome club. I went and checked out their non-Heroes art and realized that they did the art for Yoru no Nai Kuni (and didn't realize that it was localized as Nights of Azure in English), which would explain why it looked so familiar to me (but I just couldn't put my finger on it because I've never played the game... I just got blasted with ads for it a while back).

Speaking of blasting...

21 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

"this is cannon!"

new.png

https://xkcd.com/1401/

You're looking for the word "canon", not "cannon".

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 hours ago, ArgentSable said:

Actually, it makes no sense for Mists' descendancy to find Ike in Archanaea, it makes no actual feasable sense that they'd find Ike's corpse when he was never heard from again, ever. And in the japanese wording they use the words for grandson (or grandson of lineale descent) so in reality, it's vague, but not that vague. And Priam uses Aether in Cipher (which is extended lore to be fair), and he even mentions how the hero he descended from traveled to this world (Archanaea) and that he claims to bear descent from that hero. But as you say, completely off topic for the board. XD

Here is an in-depth analysis of it by @Kirokan

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2018/06/10/making-of-fe-does-page-81-confirm-priam-is-ikes-lineal-descendant-also-japanese-fe-fan-opinions/

This part is particularly relevant:

Why shison isn’t conclusive anyway…

So one approach was to simply look at someone who’s situation we are more clearly aware of: Marth. Marth is called Anri’s descendant, but we know it’s actually through Anri’s brother, Marcelus, as this was made more clear.

So what term do they use in Japanese?

アンリの子孫

Shison! Thus the whole lineal connotation and digging may have been a waste of time, in that sense. The wiki even provides a family tree:

familytreem.png?w=545&h=248

So while nuance certainly exists, it’s ignored enough to not give much water to it’s usage in Priam’s sense, much like it’s English equivalent.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Here is an in-depth analysis of it by @Kirokan

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2018/06/10/making-of-fe-does-page-81-confirm-priam-is-ikes-lineal-descendant-also-japanese-fe-fan-opinions/

This part is particularly relevant:

Why shison isn’t conclusive anyway…

So one approach was to simply look at someone who’s situation we are more clearly aware of: Marth. Marth is called Anri’s descendant, but we know it’s actually through Anri’s brother, Marcelus, as this was made more clear.

So what term do they use in Japanese?

アンリの子孫

Shison! Thus the whole lineal connotation and digging may have been a waste of time, in that sense. The wiki even provides a family tree:

familytreem.png?w=545&h=248

So while nuance certainly exists, it’s ignored enough to not give much water to it’s usage in Priam’s sense, much like it’s English equivalent.

Yeah I read the entire board myself. It's still a lot to infer if you want Ike to marry Soren and for Priam to make sense, but once more, outta topic.