We got anyone looking forward to 2019 MLB Baseball?

BriForABri

Favorites to win the NL and AL Pennants for the 2019 season  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite to win the NL Pennant

• Atlanta Braves
    • Washington Nationals
    • Philadelphia Phillies
    • New York Mets
    • Miami Marlins
    • Milwaukee Brewers
    • Chicago Cubs
    • St. Louis Cardinals
    • Pittsburgh Pirates
    • Cincinnati Reds
    • Los Angeles Dodgers
    • Colorado Rockies
    • Arizona Diamondbacks
    • San Francisco Giants
    • San Diego Padres
  2. 2. Favorite to win the AL Pennant

• Boston Red Sox
    • New York Yankees
    • Tampa Bay Rays
    • Toronto Blue Jays
    • Baltimore Orioles
    • Cleveland Indians
    • Minnesota Twins
    • Detroit Tigers
    • Chicago White Sox
    • Kansas City Royals
    • Houston Astros
    • Oakland Athletics
    • Seattle Mariners
    • Los Angeles Angels
    • Texas Rangers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/20/2019 at 05:00 AM

Cubs got out to a great start!  Not sure why they're going with Darvish as the #2 starter.  I understand wanting to go left-right-left, but Hendricks seems to have earned it more.

Yes! Happy Opening Day to you all as well! I have been waiting for a while for this day, and my patience has finally paid off!

I was pleased to see the Phillies' first victory, but their current series against the Braves and upcoming series against the Nationals should be interesting; both of those teams are quite good in terms of their current players. We will have to see...

Regardless, I am so happy to be able follow baseball again and I wish the best of luck to all of the players and teams!

I don't know what sort of curse has befallen the Cubs, but the pitching has been atrocious, and the bullpen just blew the lead in the 8th inning.  This is going to be a very long season, if they don't turn things around soon.

Considering the team is more or less the same as last years, which tied for the best record in the NL, I don't know how they can be this bad out of the gate.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I don't know what sort of curse has befallen the Cubs, but the pitching has been atrocious, and the bullpen just blew the lead in the 8th inning.  This is going to be a very long season, if they don't turn things around soon.

Considering the team is more or less the same as last years, which tied for the best record in the NL, I don't know how they can be this bad out of the gate.

In all honesty, I am not that concerned about the Cubs' slow start. Believe me, I understand the anger a shaky bullpen brings (the Phillies' supposed "great" reliever they picked up in the offseason gave up three straight walks to give the Nats a walk-off win today.) I follow the Cubs as well, and I truly believe that they are still too good of a team to continue this slump. Not only that, other great teams are off to horrid starts as well. The Red Sox are 1-5, and the Astros are 2-5. I have a feeling the Cubs will bounce back.

On 4/3/2019 at 11:16 PM, FE_McFly said:

In all honesty, I am not that concerned about the Cubs' slow start. Believe me, I understand the anger a shaky bullpen brings (the Phillies' supposed "great" reliever they picked up in the offseason gave up three straight walks to give the Nats a walk-off win today.) I follow the Cubs as well, and I truly believe that they are still too good of a team to continue this slump. Not only that, other great teams are off to horrid starts as well. The Red Sox are 1-5, and the Astros are 2-5. I have a feeling the Cubs will bounce back.

I sure hope it's soon, because the Cubs are riding a 5 game losing streak after winning their one game so far on opening day.  The good news is they play the Brewers next, and could take a bite out of their deficit with a sweep or winning 2 out of 3.  The bad news is if they keep losing, they may lose the season here in April.

@FE_McFly It seems no one has posted since I did 3 weeks ago.  The Cubs dug themselves into a real hole, but after a 1-6 or so start, they really turned things around.  In 2nd place and only 2.5 games back isn't what I had hoped for, but after the first couple weeks, it's quite a turn around.

Edited by Rezzy