How can I edit names of characters in FE4?

eeeee

Sorry to ask this but I've been quite unsuccessful in this so far, likely due to my own difficulty reading current guides on this.

I'd like to change a few of the character names in a patched rom of FE4. I've tried using Nightmare plugins but, frankly, I don't know what I'm doing and the only way for this to get done will be if I ask for help.

On the bright side, if I can edit the names to match the up-to-date localised versions (Diadora to Deirdre and the like) I could make a new patch and share it, so that other people don't have to do the same.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or anything like that. As you can tell (especially by my username) I haven't used this website much or posted anything really. That's why my name is eeeeeee.

Edited by eeeee

On 1/6/2019 at 4:41 AM, eeeee said:

Sorry to ask this but I've been quite unsuccessful in this so far, likely due to my own difficulty reading current guides on this.

I'd like to change a few of the character names in a patched rom of FE4. I've tried using Nightmare plugins but, frankly, I don't know what I'm doing and the only way for this to get done will be if I ask for help.

On the bright side, if I can edit the names to match the up-to-date localised versions (Diadora to Deirdre and the like) I could make a new patch and share it, so that other people don't have to do the same.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or anything like that. As you can tell (especially by my username) I haven't used this website much or posted anything really. That's why my name is eeeeeee.

You can't use Nightmare for this.

To change the name, which is just text, you need some knowledge about changing text in the rom.

http://darktwilkitri.thegreatbeyond.net/dtntd_fireemblem4.php

You can find some documents here.

On 09/01/2019 at 11:11 PM, hanhnn said:

You can't use Nightmare for this.

To change the name, which is just text, you need some knowledge about changing text in the rom.

http://darktwilkitri.thegreatbeyond.net/dtntd_fireemblem4.php

You can find some documents here.

sorry for my late reply, but this is very helpful, thank you! I understood that it probably wouldn't be that simple, but those documents should be quite useful!

I must say, your answer was worth the wait.