What could IS introduce as a standing game mode for long term appeal?

Arcphoenix

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Oh no. Jokes aside, from a money making/advertising perspective, it's a brilliant idea and I'm nothing short of baffled by the fact that they haven't done it already.

Maybe they are trying to keep the age rating low. I was a little surprised that they allowed such... stimulating... voice acting to be present in the Catalog of Heroes when I first discovered it.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe they are trying to keep the age rating low. I was a little surprised that they allowed such... stimulating... voice acting to be present in the Catalog of Heroes when I first discovered it.

They can't be too serious about it when they have things like Summer Noire's glorious coconuts.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

You make it sound like it is a bad idea. I will let you know that it is super fun to turn up your phone's volume and rapidly tap a character's battle sprite in the Catalog of Heroes, especially for Heroes like HNY!Camilla, SF!Lucina, YT!Olivia, etc.

And then they retroactively give everyone a "skinship-happy" expression art. It can be laughing, smiling, blushing, and perhaps from getting too excited, a wardrobe malfunction.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then they retroactively give everyone a "skinship-happy" expression art. It can be laughing, smiling, blushing, and perhaps from getting too excited, a wardrobe malfunction.

Ahegao face with wardrobe malfunction along with groans of increasing comfort would indeed be best.

Edited by XRay

I'd say hero quests and such, but that was already suggested earlier. So instead I'm going to go with a custom map mode, sort of like geometry dash. And maybe maps that are well designed and popular enough can be introduced into the main game.

Another thing I'd like to see would be themed missions based around actual chapters in the games, where you can only use units from that specific game, with characters that crossover in different games (Catria, Palla, and Est for example) being allowed in multiple.

Finally, on the non-gameplay side, some interaction between characters from the same game would be nice. Such as Sigurd and Seliph, for example.

Just a mode that's updated regularly which is focused on one hero with much dialogue and one or multiple maps. To sell us on the character pretty much.

Also Fire Emblem Heroes Maker sounds great and they should do it.

20 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I would take a page out of Granblue's book and add character quests/stories. For characters you've unlocked, you can explore their backstory or a part of their original game when they were center stage. This way players can get to know their characters better and know a little bit more about the worlds they came from. Alts won't get an episode, but they can be featured in one of the levels of their original version episode. Rewards for completing their storylines can be either orbs or feathers.

That idea would be much needed for this game, given the huge cast of available units and the fact that many of the characters are of the same unit archetypes. Also a reward would be that the dialogue can be viewed once more in Event Recap, or that there would be a Hero's Story Replay or something under the Interact with Allies menu.

The main units who probably wouldn't necessarily need these are most OC characters and seasonal characters.

Whatever that upcoming Langrisser mobile game is doing. The whole preview got me more excited than all of the content heroes had to offer in 2018.

If IS is incapable of creating engaging content, they should at least consider to copy & paste their ideas.

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

That idea would be much needed for this game, given the huge cast of available units and the fact that many of the characters are of the same unit archetypes. Also a reward would be that the dialogue can be viewed once more in Event Recap, or that there would be a Hero's Story Replay or something under the Interact with Allies menu.

The main units who probably wouldn't necessarily need these are most OC characters and seasonal characters.

I like the idea of an event recap too. I was thinking this game mode would be a new section featured with Story and Paralogue sections. I just think it would be cool to do a map like the prologue in FE7 with Lyn and such. Or saving Lene in Darna, or helping Fin protect Leif. Stuff like that.

36 minutes ago, fOrEiGn sOUl said:

Whatever that upcoming Langrisser mobile game is doing. The whole preview got me more excited than all of the content heroes had to offer in 2018.

If IS is incapable of creating engaging content, they should at least consider to copy & paste their ideas.

A feature I really liked in the Langrisser game is that it has some sort of "Rewind Event" where you play past levels from past games. Each level has its own story using the characters from that game. They really made the game newcomer-friendly. I wouldn't mind if Heroes did something like this, where you play certain levels from past games.