When do you think Three Houses will come out?

Byliyth

31 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I mean, do we really need to be showered with info, IS could very well be trying to make sure they pick a good time to not get shoved off to the side by smash bros or some other release, shoot we haven't even had a direct this year.

Yeah, but theresΒ a difference between shoving info down our throat and not giving us any info at all. We only know so little at this point, anything would really be helpful!

don't get me wrong, i would also like to see it released as soon as possible.

it's just that with all these upcoming titles, it's hard to believe they'll release it in spring because there's already a lot of competition going on.

if marketing isn't done properly, there's the chance it will get overshadowed by other big names. it's always an issue when there's a season filled with too many games.

even Code Vein was supposed to be released in september of 2018, it had trailers, gameplay footage, demos, and look what happened in the end.

it's been delayed with no ETA at the moment, and Bandai Namco is already taking a huge risk with God Eater 3, wich is pretty much the anime version of Monster Hunter.

Β 

besides, there's also another title from Nintendo, "Daemon X Machina", wich already has different trailers along with gameplay footage, so there's also the possibility it could eventually take the priority since it's a new IP that already looks in aΒ better shape than Three Houses development-wise.

spring is still 2 months away, we'll see how things will go meanwhile.

Edited by Fenreir

I believe IS tends to keep the date from formal announcement to release down to just a couple months. Perhaps they meant to do this with the first trailer, but for issues we can only speculate on, did not. Whenever the next trailer drops, which I'd assume to be the big one with as many juicy details as arils in a pomegranate, I'd expect the game to be released shortly thereafter. If we get that in February or March, then by June at the latest I would think. June is also E3, which although it has been dying, could be a chance shortly before release for Nintendo to hype up a bit with an hour of gameplay or so.

I wanna say Three Houses will release in the spring. I remember it being listed as a 2018 title in Nintendo's financial (or maybe it was a fiscal report). I think there was some certain feature that caused the game to hiccup and they decided to delay it into Spring to iron out kinks in a certain mechanic. That's just what I feel though.

Well, with Nintendo seemingly foregoing a January Direct and instead announcing stuff on social media this year, I'm thinking this got delayed again. I mean, unless we get an FE Direct, I don't see a general one happening until March if there isn't one this month, and two months seems awfully short to basically re-announce the game and release it. I would've guessed May, now I'm guessing September. Would love to be wrong...

Edited by Book Bro

I'm still expecting mid March through May for release. If we don't have any kind of Direct from Nintendo by end of this month that will raise some alarm bells. I still think we'll see both FETH and Animal Crossing before E3 where Pokemon mania will start in earnest. If Three Houses doesn't make Spring that will be concerning and I think would make it the first Nintendo title on the Switch to be officially delayed twice, which is not a good sign.Β 

Late 2019/Early 2020 in my opinion.

The E3 trailer seemed more like at an "advanced prototype" stage than a "just need to add more content and polish" state. We've had complete media silence since then, and the odds of a Nintendo Direct in the close future are extremely slim with all the recent announcements.Β 

The thing is, Three Houses is very different than anything else Intelligent System have done so far. Just take the troops for example: instead of having to display a tiny amount of people at once, you now need to be able to display hundreds of them at once. That's not just a technicalΒ challenge either: what happens indoors? Since you can put the camera "ground floor", how do you make savable villages look fine? You can't really abstract them anymore like the previous games. Are treasure chests now going to be gigantic so that you can view them properly at the scale the game is now? It's just a few small examples of course, but it's still things that needs to be tackled.

From an asset standpoint, they have very little they can reuse. 3DS assets are too basic for the Switch. Radiant Dawn's are wayyy outdated. The engine will have to redone from scratch. Considering the game is going to feature free-roaming to some extent, it will also require making a ton of assets that were normally not required for Fire Emblem games.

Finally, the gameplay system is getting its largest change with the troops. On top of that, we've seen things like "green links" in the trailer, so there's more to it than what we know so far. We know there's at least a "meet the student" aspect to the game. Does everything mesh well? Does the new battle system work fine? Does the various components tie to each other correctly? Is itΒ fun?

My thinking is that there's very significantΒ challenges in making Three Houses, and I assume that those are the reason for the delay (and I assume future delays too).Β 

On 1/9/2019 at 2:44 PM, RexBolt said:

Your guess was so specific that i had an urge to jump up and search for sources. Damn.

β€œYou miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

-Wayne GretzkyΒ 

Β  Β  -Michael Scott

In all honesty, March 22nd is pretty realistic. I am pretty sure Reggie said something about all the games shown at E3 beingΒ released by March of 2019. But I could be misremembering. It’s probably just hopeful thinking.

When you check it's release date on Amazon it reads "December 2019". I'm not saying that guarantees it's delayed since it could easily be wrongΒ but if it's trueΒ then honestly it explains the complete silence. No updates, no screenshots, no story details, no specific release date confirmation. Feels like the game is a bit further from finished than we think it is.

Could just be my waning interest in the series making me paranoid though, again it's just an uneducated guess on my part.

That's a generic placeholder date for games without set release dates. Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 are also dated for December 2019, for example. Funnily enough, when retailers do actually leak, it's usually the existence of unannounced games rather than release dates for known ones.

So many pessimist here! Have a little faith friends!Β 

2020 is a ridiculous estimate. This isn’t a ground breaking game like Breath of the Wild. If IS is changing the FE formula in a similar manner to Zelda, then I would be more inclined to look at a holiday 2019 release. They aren’t though.Β I think spring is still going to happen.

20 minutes ago, Tenders said:

So many pessimist here! Have a little faith friends!Β 

2020 is a ridiculous estimate. This isn’t a ground breaking game like Breath of the Wild. If IS is changing the FE formula in a similar manner to Zelda, then I would be more inclined to look at a holiday 2019 release. They aren’t though.Β I think spring is still going to happen.

honestly I find it to be pretty strange assuming that it isn't gonna happen this year at all, meanwhile animal crossing has had nothing since it's announcement but I have heard nothing about the obvious 2020 release year due to hearing nothing save for 2019, same can be said for everything at e3, smash bros was too big and everyone got a drought of information because of this, I doubt nintendo and IS want another radiant dawn situation.

5 hours ago, E. Wendall said:

I expect it to drop in NA probably early spring 2020, it'll likely release in JP somewhere between May and July this year. Β I'll be pushing that guess further away if we don't receive any news this month though.

There is no way it'll be that big a gap. Nintendo has been prioritizing simultaneous releases these days, and if Xenoblade Chronicles 2 can get one of that, so can Fire Emblem. Spring 2019 has been said for all territories as of this moment.

Heck, as E3 showed us, the localization is already well underway.

Edited by Sentinel07

Why is everybody so negative on the release date? Even if the date is not known by know...that basically means nothing. Last I checked Nintendo only seemed to give release dates for games that are about to come out in the next three months from the announcement. So if there are no news by the end of March, then I would think it might be a little delayed.Β 

I also would not expect something on the level of Breath of the Wild graphics. They probably improved the graphics in the last 7 months. That is already quite some time.

Edited by DuckPhoenix

37 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Why is everybody so negative on the release date? Even if the date is not known by know...that basically means nothing. Last I checked Nintendo only seemed to give release dates for games that are about to come out in the next three months from the announcement. So if there are no news by the end of March, then I would think it might be a little delayed.Β 

I also would not expect something on the level of Breath of the Wild graphics. They probably improved the graphics in the last 7 months. That is already quite some time.

Honestly, I can understand the negativity to an extent. I mean, it is a little bizarre as to what Nintendo's doing. There doesn't seem to be a January direct in sight, which they've been doing for the past few years, and that just has more people on edge.

Still, until otherwise, I'll believe in their Spring 2019 release date as it currently is. Besides, isn't Cipher's June edition supposed to feature Three Houses characters or something? I doubt they'd want Three Houses to release after that since many characters would be spoiled in such a thing.

41 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Why is everybody so negative

^ Me ever since FE16 was announced, some people just want to assume the worst :/

Β 

Β 

As for the topic of this thread, I'm pretty sure it will come out before 2020 : P Has it ever taken them that long to make a game? I don't think so (I'm not 100% sure)

Edited by Rose482

On 1/10/2019 at 6:35 AM, Fenreir said:

Kingdom Hearts 3 Β« release date: 29 / 1 / 2019
God Eater 3 Β« release date: 8 / 2 / 2019
Left Alive Β« release date: 5 / 3 / 2019
Devil May Cry 5 Β« release date: 8 / 3 / 2019
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Β« release date: 22 / 3 / 2019

Β 

these are all titles that have been in development for a good whileΒ with plenty of gameplay footage and trailers,Β and they're all getting released just in the next months to come.

meanwhile we know almost nothing about Three Houses.

Β 

being pessimistic is one thing, being realistic is another.

This is part of the reason why "just be patient guys" type replies get on my nerves. It's true that whining won't help anything or reveal the game faster, but the whining is there for a legitimate reason. Not wanting to release too much info on the game is one thing but being this tight lipped when all we have to go on is an unimpressive looking trailer and a press release that tells us very little is really.....silly to say the least. Especially since unlike Echoes, this can't be datamined for spoilers yet.

At this point I'd be satisfied with either more story info, or a proper title, or boxart, or a screenshot, or even the slightest bit of gameplay info. If we get a flat nothing for another month I'll be convinced it's either delayed or cancelled.

Not to mention people are worrying it'll be a poorly written barely edited narrative disaster """""dating sim""""" like that dead horse we keep beating, so a good number of the "no more waifu" crowd are probably anxious that theΒ video game series that doesn't belong to them is ruined forever in they're eyes and they want information to either quell or confirm their fears.

8 minutes ago, Guest Zubat said:

Not to mention people are worrying it'll be a poorly written barely edited narrative disaster """""dating sim""""" like that dead horse we keep beating, so a good number of the "no more waifu" crowd are probably anxious that theΒ video game series that doesn't belong to them is ruined forever in they're eyes and they want information to either quell or confirm their fears.

First:Β Their*

Second: That would not only be a petty reason to be anxious over a video game but a waste of time and energy.

Third:Β Considering Fire Emblem is a big money maker for Nintendo now I SERIOUSLY doubt they don't have something planned sooner or later, they wouldn't just forget about that game. Besides Smash was released last month so of course they'd want all the attention to be on that, now they don't have any more excuses.

Fourth, and finally: Don't be so transparent with what you're worried about and then say "some people", you aren't fooling anyone. Don't worry, it wont be as bad as youknowwhat. They'd have to purposefully sabotage themselves to accomplish that.

BE PATIENT.Β 

16 hours ago, Guest Sam said:

Second: That would not only be a petty reason to be anxious over a video game but a waste of time and energy.

Sadly, people (in this fandom and elsewhere) are 100% that petty. They can and will waste all their time and energy on worrying about that stuff, so Zubat's not wrong there.

I definitely don't think that Three Houses will be cancelled however, and I think that's a bit of a leap. We haven't gotten information in a while, so a delay is possible, but a complete cancellation of the project is ... way out there, in my opinion. From what little we have seen, they have gameplay, character models and art, cutscenes, Japanese and English dialogue and voice actingΒ etc. which seems like way too much to just throw out all of the sudden.
If it does get delayed, I think it will be no later than Early-Mid Fall, but I also haven't studied past delays and such as I'm sure some people here have. (Casual fan over here, just hoping for some news soon.) 2020 release also seems just horribly pessimistic for me, and I'm not jaded enough yet to believe that. :P

Besides, looking to Fire Emblem for quality storytelling is already playing yourself. If the "no waifu" crowd want an SRPG with good story, Yasumi Matsuno's games are always there. Complex character writing, excellent dialogue and worldbuilding, antagonists with motivations beyond cartoon character level writing with not dumb magic cop outs like "dragon madness" or "he was possessed the whole time". TO:LUCT even features an alignment system that isn't just a boring, flat "good or bad" like most games.

If you aren't approaching Fire Emblem with the same expectations you would a light novel anime, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I do however, have high hopes for the gameplay.