FE Lords and Water Mobility

Randoman

It's been a while since I've last played an FE game, but for whatever reason, I vaguely remember there being at least one lord in the FE series that could travel across water (it was technically just one or two squares of water per turn, though). I tried searching FE wikis and other similar guides, but none of the ones I found had any data on lords and their water mobility. I feel like it was FE3 Marth that could travel through water, but it was only during certain chapters. I'm also confident it wasn't a mounted lord, or a lord who gets a mount on promotion. Either way, I currently have no way of confirming who it is myself, gameplay-wise.

Could anyone help me out here in confirming which lords have water mobility?

We have SF to help, it has the terrain data for most FEs. And for Lords, they can never cross Sea, only River tiles can Lords move over.

• FE1 Marth
  • FE2 Alm
  • FE2 Celica
  • FE3 Marth
  • Roy
  • Eliwood unpromoted
  • Hector unpromoted 
  • Lyn both ways
  • Eirika unpromoted
  • Ephraim unpromoted
  • RD Ike
  • Micaiah
  • FE11 Marth
  • FE 12 Marth
  • I'm not so sure, since SF has no Terrain data for Awakening, but the Lord/Great Lord class there should be able to cross Rivers, due to the "Water Trick" of Lunatic Awakening's Prologue I hear of.
  • FE15 Alm
  • FE15 Celica

SF has no Terrain Data for Fates. Somebody else can check that.

Note that PoR Ike cannot swim, nor anyone from Jugdral.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

18 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Robin and Corrin can reclass into Wyvern units, and thus can cross water.

I would assume reclassing was not being factored in this discussion. Regardless, both Robin and Corrin can walk on water.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • I'm not so sure, since SF has no Terrain data for Awakening, but the Lord/Great Lord class there should be able to cross Rivers, due to the "Water Trick" of Lunatic Awakening's Prologue I hear of.

That's not locked by difficulty and can be done in a skirmish as well. At any rate, I feel like I ought to know the circumstances of Lords and Water behaviour in Awakening but nothing's coming to me right now.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would assume reclassing was not being factored in this discussion. Regardless, both Robin and Corrin can walk on water.

In fact, the fact that chrom and robin can both cross water is abused in the "water trick", which is a reletively easy (although still nontrivial) method of clearing awakening's prolog on lunatic/lunatic+. Simply kill the enemies near your starting position plus one or two pesky ranged enemies, have Chrom and Robin pair up with Fredrick and Lisa, walk onto the water on the left side of the map untill no one can get to you, and pick people off with robin. Obviously, this would not work if either the tactician and lord classes could not walk on water. The trick can be used on normal and hard, but clearing the map legitimatly is not that difficult on those dificulties, so no one really bothers.

Edited by sirmola

Infantry (at least, promoted infantry) have traditionally been able to cross river tiles since the start of the series, albeit very slowly. Marth couldn't promote in FE1/etc. so he got waterwalk as an "unpromoted" unit, and since then it's been a little artifact of game design.

So most FE lords are able to travel across water? Good to know. Thanks for answering my question guys.

22 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would assume reclassing was not being factored in this discussion.

Yep, that's correct. I didn't want to count the use of reclassing as lords being able to cross water, since that's tied in with the class they're being changed to, and not the lord's base class for that game.