New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

We've got a new banner! It contains beasts! And new skills that are neat! And a second Distant Counter unit that isn't Hector! It's in the spoiler!

Spoiler

I'm sorry to say, I can't see anyone demoting from this banner (maybe Leanne? But probably not), they all look pretty good at worst.

Naesala's gonna be the Grand Hero Battle starting on the 12th, so everyone's getting a free bird to play with.

Also, Beast units transform based on whether they're next to any non-Beast/Dragon allies or not.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm saving my orbs/using the rest to try again for NY Laevatein. I wanted Ranulf and he isn't there. And I don't want Tibarn or Reyson that bad. I can wait for them. I don't really understand why Ranulf was shafted here though, he was highly requested and also important in RD. Now I'm probably waiting another full year for him because we know how IS treats Tellius. :/ This didn't need to be a royal theme at all imo. Nor did it need two herons.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I'm saving my orbs/using the rest to try again for NY Laevatein. I wanted Ranulf and he isn't there. And I don't want Tibarn or Reyson that bad. I can wait for them. I don't really understand why Ranulf was shafted here though, he was highly requested and also important in RD. Now I'm probably waiting another full year for him because we know how IS treats Tellius. :/ This didn't need to be a royal theme at all imo.

Do you seriously do anything but complain? If it's not one thing, it's another. They finally bring in Laguz with 4 (5 with Naesala) well known units and you spur the whole thing based on one abesense. A Royal Laguz theme makes perfect sense and he's not a royal.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I'm saving my orbs/using the rest to try again for NY Laevatein. I wanted Ranulf and he isn't there. And I don't want Tibarn or Reyson that bad. I can wait for them. I don't really understand why Ranulf was shafted here though, he was highly requested and also important in RD. Now I'm probably waiting another full year for him because we know how IS treats Tellius. :/ This didn't need to be a royal theme at all imo.

Could you maybe not sound so negative? We finally get beast units, and you're talking about units being shafted again. :/

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Could you maybe not sound so negative? We finally get beast units, and you're talking about units being shafted again. :/

Am I not allowed to be disappointed?

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Is that Hel we're fighting in that Paralogue? 

Yep, that's her. And it isn't a paralogue, this is obviously a story chapter, since Hel is there and all. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Well I'm a little disappointed that they're introducing a brand new unit type into an almost 2 year old game without giving us a freebie. 

and I'm doubtful that any of them will be dropped down to 4 star rarity.

Also, they all look BUSTED and will not at all be any fun to face in any capacity. Like, dang, IS.

Also also, all of them but one are birds. I sense another theme.

ALSO also also, Leanne without the old raven guy whose name I can't remember, and Nailah without Volug seems slightly strange; makes me wonder if they'll ever get added to Heroes.

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Do you seriously do anything but complain? If it's not one thing, it's another. They finally bring in Laguz with 4 (5 with Naesala) well known units and you spur the whole thing based on one abesense. A Royal Laguz theme makes perfect sense and he's not a royal.

I don't see Naesala anywhere in that trailer? And a laguz theme doesn't make sense when there were highly requested non-royal laguz like Ranulf. And I also ask again, why two herons? At the very least, Caineghis could've filled one of those spots.

As expected, Tibarn and Nailah are strong. Tibarn has PP Omnibreaker, Nailah jas Anti-Dazzle and DC. The two herons look like good support units as well.

2 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Well I'm a little disappointed that they're introducing a brand new unit type into an almost 2 year old game without giving us a freebie. 

and I'm doubtful that any of them will be dropped down to 4 star rarity.

We're getting Naesala.

Well this is strange. I wasn't expecting herons, was hoping they'd save them for something more interesting than letting them fight like other units.

Reyson seems to be the demote, which is downright bizarre. Good that there'll finally be a readily available flying dancer, though.

Really, though, two herons feels excessive. I guess they're taking the chance to emphasize birds here, while later banners will round out the "infantry beasts" with 3DS ones?

Interesting how they chose to handle transformations: conditional rather than a timer, and not having as huge of an impact on combat. So far, Nailah has the Wo Dao effect while the birds get movement boosts: I wonder if other infantry beasts will use the Wo Dao effect as well, or other things? I'd assumed they'd just get increased movement too.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yep, that's her. And it isn't a paralogue, this is obviously a story chapter, since Hel is there and all. xP

Well, that'll be interesting~

The new trailer style looks cool~ On the Beasts themselves, Sturdy Impact gave me Brain Damage, Reyson's normal art is pretty hot but his Attacking art confuses me so I'll likely not be pulling in the interest of saving for some Laguz hotties~ Nailah is just gonna be some high tier fodder~

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

How about a "YAY, BEAST UNITS AT LAST" instead of a "Ugh, the unit I particularly wanted from the bunch isn't there"? 

Because that's not how I feel? I mean, I'm glad laguz are in the game at last, without a doubt. But can I be disappointed and confused that we have two herons, a weird royal theme, and not Ranulf? There are more laguz, more requested laguz, than just royals.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't see Naesala anywhere in that trailer? 

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Naesala is a GHB unit~

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't see Naesala anywhere in that trailer? And a laguz theme doesn't make sense when there were highly requested non-royal laguz like Ranulf. And I also ask again, why two herons? At the very least, Caineghis could've filled one of those spots.

The notification below the trailer says Naesala will be the GHB.