New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

@Ice Dragon I think you might be misunderstanding @Etheus's point regarding luck. I believe he means he's lucky in wanting all the characters as opposed to the people who just want say Tibarn and Leanne since he has a 3% chance of getting a desired character to their 1.5% chance.

@Etheus Pardon the speaking on your behalf, and sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mentally, whether justified or not, I'm generally happy with banners like these that have desirable units on every color for me. It takes a lot of the stress out, knowing that I can just roll every orb in every session and not feel compelled to focus one or two colors/getting bad sessions without my colors.

7 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I believe he means he's lucky in wanting all the characters as opposed to the people who just want say Tibarn and Leanne since he has a 3% chance of getting a desired character to their 1.5% chance.

That's not how it works. Wanting all characters and pulling for all characters gives you a 3% chance of getting a focus character.

Wanting Tibarn and pulling only red is a 2.53% chance. Wanting Leanne and pulling only colorless is a 2.92% chance. That's nowhere near 1.5%.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's not how it works. Wanting all characters and pulling for all characters gives you a 3% chance of getting a focus character.

Wanting Tibarn and pulling only red is a 2.53% chance. Wanting Leanne and pulling only colorless is a 2.92% chance. That's nowhere near 1.5%.

You completely missed the point, that being there's a higher chance of getting a character if you want all the characters on the banner than if you only want some. The numbers were pulled out of my ass and not really relevant to the point.

True, there are exceptions, like 3 reds all of whom you want and one blue that you don't want, so sniping red is probably higher than 3%, but so would only sniping red and blue most likely since there's no reason to pull green or colorless. And more importantly, that's not the case here, as your numbers showed.

Edited by bottlegnomes

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

You completely missed the point, that being there's a higher chance of getting a character if you want all the characters on the banner than if you only want some. The numbers were pulled out of my ass and not really relevant to the point.

True, there are exceptions, like 3 reds all of whom you want and one blue that you don't want, so sniping red is probably higher than 3%, but so would only sniping red and blue most likely since there's no reason to pull green or colorless. And more importantly, that's not the case here, as your numbers showed.

In general, any 3-character banner will always have higher sniping rates than if you pulled everything regardless of the character.

The only reason this one has lower numbers is because it's a 4-character banner. However, they're lower because at least one of them must be higher to compensate, and in this case, Reyson has a 4.10% chance when pulling green (due to green's standard pool being less populated than other colors), which is why the others are so low.

But it's never anywhere close to as bad as the numbers you pulled as examples.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In general, any 3-character banner will always have higher sniping rates than if you pulled everything regardless of the character.

The only reason this one has lower numbers is because it's a 4-character banner. However, they're lower because at least one of them must be higher to compensate, and in this case, Reyson has a 4.10% chance when pulling green (due to green's standard pool being less populated than other colors), which is why the others are so low.

But it's never anywhere close to as bad as the numbers you pulled as examples.

Again, numbers, nor non-postive difference between that and 3% weren't even remotely relevant. That said fair, enough on the Reyson point. Wanting only Reyson would yield a higher chance of getting your desired unit than wanting all of them. Also, did not realize green was that small :o

Ahh yesss I knew we'd get a beast for free somehow! Glad it's Naesala too, he looks awesome. Here's hoping his FEH art does him justice.

Bit disappointed we're getting 4 birds of which two are clones herons, was hoping for a bit more diversity really, especially after we just had a banner with three fliers. Both Leanna and Reyson look beautiful though so I can forgive. Will probably only try for Leanna since I asssume (hope) Reyson will be demoted and don't care that much for Tibarn and Nailah.

I love that their weapons makes sense lore-wise though it kinda makes them hard to place on teams with them only getting more movement close to dragons or beasts, or no units at all. I already have two dragon teams and not really willing to split them up and it'll take a while before I have a full beast team. Wanted to put Leanna on my newest flying team with NY!Gunnthra eg. but she'll be a lot less useful with only humans around her so hmm.

Edited by Mau

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm sure there are, but would it make sense to bring the best stuff all at once? Who would pay care for the next 4 beast banners? 

That's not what I mean. I would've been fine with this banner if Leanne, even though I like her okay, was replaced with Ranulf or Lethe or any Gallia character. Ranulf is my fav though.

Then a later beast banner could feature Rafiel, Leanne, Lethe, and Mordecai.

Another one could feature the Fates beasts.

And then another could have Panne and Yarne (with one or two random other Awakening characters)

That's four good beast banners you would have there.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

@Ice Dragon Actually, sidebar, do those odds factor in a set amount of orbs or the scarcity of seeing the orbs at all relatively speaking? I'm just curious here.

Nope.

If you actually count the number of times you get zero orbs of the color you're looking for, the numbers are

• Tibarn: 2.27%
  • Nailah: 2.44%
  • Reyson: 2.93%
  • Leanne: 2.48%

However, that number is really only accurate if you're sniping for that character and absolutely do not care about the others.

The numbers are way more complicated if you're looking for one character, but happy even if you get a specific different one, and would be somewhere between these and the previously stated numbers, meaning "sniping for Reyson, but happy if Tibarn" (in other words, I'll snipe colorless, but if there is no colorless, I'll pull red in case it happens to be a Tibarn) is still higher than 3%.

So even if you're in the "I want one of the four and don't care which one" boat, sniping for Reyson is actually better than just pulling everything.

Ignoring the fact that Reyson is the most likely to demote.

Oh yeah, I'm going to clarify something that I should have in my initial post. I was just being too disappointed at the lack of Ranulf.

As I'd later said, I'm glad to see the laguz, and at some point, I'd eventually would like just about all of them. But these four aren't as much a priority for me as others would've been. Ranulf and Lethe would've gotten more orbs from me, for example. And if the NY banner wasn't still a thing and I didn't want Laevatein off it, I'd probably have done some pulls for at least Tibarn. He is best bird imo.

I shouldn't have just been entirely negative in that post, I was just confused and upset. I 100% expected Ranulf to be on this and that's why. Still can't believe he isn't, but...yeah. I'm still not optimistic that he'll be here in the near future, but one can hold onto a tiny hope, I guess. xP

Btw, with the kind of attack Leanne and Reyson have, I'm kinda surprised they're not ranged, but I do get why they aren't. Grima Robin was previously the only melee colorless unit, I think.

This banner in a nutshell: (in my best Gwonam impression) "The birds are singing!  Isn't it beautiful?"

Also, Nailah is hot.  I have no intention of playing Radiant Dawn, but this is something I must admit.

Too bad the powercreep is awful as always.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Btw, with the kind of attack Leanne and Reyson have, I'm kinda surprised they're not ranged, but I do get why they aren't. Grima Robin was previously the only melee colorless unit, I think.

Tibarn and Nailah have the same 14 MT.

-2 MT untransformed & getting it back after transforming is probably just how they're going to handle, flavor-wise, Laguz transformation stat boosts without making them hilariously overstatted in Laguz form or useless in human form.

Edited by DehNutCase

I'm really excited to see where beast units will go in the future. Hopefully they won't break the game that much, but also I feel like they're a bit balanced due to the fact that they can't change their weapons at all and 3/4ths of the units in this banner are flying units~

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Tibarn and Nailah have the same 14 MT.

I wasn't talking about MT, I was talking about the animation. The herons' animation looks more like magic than a physical weapon.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I'm going to clarify something that I should have in my initial post. I was just being too disappointed at the lack of Ranulf.

As I'd later said, I'm glad to see the laguz, and at some point, I'd eventually would like just about all of them. But these four aren't as much a priority for me as others would've been. Ranulf and Lethe would've gotten more orbs from me, for example. And if the NY banner wasn't still a thing and I didn't want Laevatein off it, I'd probably have done some pulls for at least Tibarn. He is best bird imo.

I shouldn't have just been entirely negative in that post, I was just confused and upset. I 100% expected Ranulf to be on this and that's why. Still can't believe he isn't, but...yeah. I'm still not optimistic that he'll be here in the near future, but one can hold onto a tiny hope, I guess. xP

I'm surprised by Ranulf's absence as well.

They've been clearing out the upper levels of CYL2 pretty well so far, and Ranulf isn't quite in that range, but he's close. I'm sure they'll get to him and Lethe sometime this year.

I'm wondering if we're going to get inheritable beast weapons at all.

With zero inheritable beast weapons on this banner and zero consistency between color and weapon type (unless they lock claws to red, fangs to blue, and flappy wings to green and colorless, which would condemn green and colorless to almost zero representation outside of seasonals and alts), there just isn't space for inheritable weapons with how things are right now.

Though that also makes me wonder what the lower-tier weapons are going to be and if they'll end up uninheritable.

On the subject of Ranulf, it makes sense to save a few popular characters for a later banner. If they didn't do that, they'd probably end up just putting alts on banners again.

Not to mention they decided to make this a Laguz royals themed banner, so Ranulf doesn't really have a place in it.

Edited by Ice Dragon

55 minutes ago, redlight said:

And Reyson is green. We all now how difficult getting green is

Yup. I’m still crying in my no New Year’s Azura over here, partially because that damn banner barely gives me one green per circle.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Though that also makes me wonder what the lower-tier weapons are going to be and if they'll end up uninheritable.

I imagine anyone who isn't a Royal will get a inheritable weapon. I'm also looking forward to the inevitable skills that let a Laguz unit stay permanently transformed (though this will likely be an exclusive one).

I can't help wondering if ALL birds will gain movement and ALL beasts will gain Wo damage, or if that's just how these units turned out. It also makes me wonder if any Dragon Laguz we get (assuming they aren't just treated as manaketes as these weapons suggest) will have inbuilt DC as their "class skill" as I've been wondering for a while.

Edited by DefyingFates

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I imagine anyone who isn't a Royal will get a inheritable weapon.

How? There's no system currently in the game to limit weapon inheritance by "Laguz tribe" unless, as I previously mentioned, they make all combat birds red, all beasts blue, and all herons green and colorless.

They can't use pure movement type because Rafiel is an infantry heron unless they break canon and let him fly again (or resolve to never implement him ever).

Just now, ArgentSable said:

Also, anybody else like the idea of Galeforce Tibarn. Sounds disgusting.

Dragons are unable to learn Galeforce, so there's a decent chance that beasts won't be able to, either.

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I imagine anyone who isn't a Royal will get a inheritable weapon. I'm also looking forward to the inevitable skills that let a Laguz unit stay permanently transformed (though this will likely be an exclusive one).

Well, in the inheritable skills menu, when you try to search skills up, it doesnt look like thered be space for beasts. Also, keep in mind that each beast unit is a different type of beast, like hawk, heron, wolf, etc, so inheritable weapons seem more unlikely because imagine a heron using a clawing attack that only wolves could do or something.

2 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

I actually think Reyson may be demoted. He has 2 skills only, so  he seems pretty easy for a demote (and we need one after all this time)

If Reyson is demoted, this means we'd have our first flying singer in the 4* summoning pool~