New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Letting Rafiel fly is a bigger deal than letting Myrrh walk. Myrrh is physically capable of walking. Rafiel is physically incapable of flying.

In that part I was just saying Rafiel could be an infantry unit who just happens to turn into a bird (yet is unable to fly), which is why I mentioned Myrrh having wings yet staying on the ground :)

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

since it wouldn't make sense on Fates' beast characters for example.

I wasn't thinking about them when I typed that, but you're absolutely right!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

In that part I was just saying Rafiel could be an infantry unit who just happens to turn into a bird (yet is unable to fly), which is why I mentioned Myrrh having wings yet staying on the ground :)

The problem is that if Rafiel is an infantry unit, they simply can't use movement type as a restriction for weapon inheritance. Even if Rafiel's weapon were "Heron Beak", letting him inherit, say, "Silver Fang+" from a beast unit would make zero sense.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem is that if Rafiel is an infantry unit, they simply can't use movement type as a restriction for weapon inheritance. Even if Rafiel's weapon were "Heron Beak", letting him inherit, say, "Silver Fang+" from a beast unit would make zero sense.

Ah, I understand you now, thanks. And you're right! Hmm...

Edited by DefyingFates

52 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You guys are all sleeping on Jill smh

To be fair Jill would replace either Zihark or Miriam in my theory PoR banner realistically since she is more popular but it just feels weird to have Tormod without Miriam and Jill’s original mindset doesn’t really mesh well with a support laguz weapon effect.

then again they didn’t add Flora or Kaze to join their twin counterparts for a long time so Miriam might even have a lower chance of appearing. As long as Tormod is there and his RD self i’ll be happy.

Haar is also highly requested but i feel like he will be more for a RD banner. Whenever he gets in i hope Kieran comes along as well to complete the Oscar cav duo.

I was thinking for a PoR banner, we'd get Jill and Zihark as Beorc units and Ranulf and Lethe as Laguz units, with Ashnard as a GHB and Ilyana as a TT reward. Alternatively, I could also see Haar as a GHB since he was a recruitable enemy in PoR, and we have had GHBs with recruitable enemies before with Navarre and Jamke.

Edited by Gregster101

Oh, that's the fate of the dual blow skills?  Get your collective minds out of the gutter. :P:

If every one of them had a unique effect (Steady Blow has no follow-ups, Mirror Strike comes with in-built Aegis or something, etc.), that would be pretty cool.  And frustrating, since getting all of them would be a gigantic pain in the butt.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

My problem is that there are literally only three herons in the series

King Lorazieh has a headshot somewhere in the Tellius Recollection. And Princess Lillia has a zoomed out nondescript look at her body in an ingame CG. FEH is no stranger to giving dead/will die people, what does it matter it happened 20 years ago? And being permanently bedridden until the ending to RD is even less of a concern.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, that would make sense I suppose. Remind me, though, wasn't Nailah's Hatari not hostile towards beorc? If laguz and beorc over there had a decent relationship it'd be a bit odd, unless it's literally just "a laguz thing".

Hatari isn't hostile to Beorc. She even says the Branded, although not numerous, live in peace as ordinary folk amongst everyone in a boss convo.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I wonder if they'll do armored beasts. Lions, maybe?

Lyre and Selkie get the Armor silly. I'd love to see Skrimir get the stat bump, he gets fairly well done character development in RD. Plus Caineghis is a good old King of Red Lions, and Giffca is decently cool.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

but I think IS suspect people would be more likely to pay for Zihark, and they would probably be right on that. 

Zihark isn't a bad character I would say, arguably the best Navarre we've had actually. But on surface appeal, which is what matters to IS, he should outdo Tormod. Zihark has young adult male badass with his Killing Edge, while having a gentle enough personality and handsome expression to charm the female players.

38 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

To be fair Jill would replace either Zihark or Miriam in my theory PoR banner realistically since she is more popular but it just feels weird to have Tormod without Miriam and Jill’s original mindset doesn’t really mesh well with a support laguz weapon effect.

Mayhaps they go with Jill somewhere around Chapter 17 PoR? Which is to say when she is internally conflicted- not knowing whether to trust what she has grown up with and been told, and what she now sees with her own eyes. Her on a banner with Lethe makes sense, since Lethe is one of only two characters who can give Jill the resolve to confront her father in battle and not betray. Do they really have to go with base personality? I know she's a red and all, but would her Daein jingoistic and racist original self have any appeal to a mass audience?

3 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

They could go for Fates/Awakening style Beaststones for inheritable beast weapons, even if it's not entirely according to Tellius lore. They did exist in Tellius at least.

Well yeah, there were Laguz Stones and Laguz Gems, albeit they were just energy drinks basically. (And a beta version of Tellius had dragonstones, but that is besides the point.)

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

King Lorazieh has a headshot somewhere in the Tellius Recollection. And Princess Lillia has a zoomed out nondescript look at her body in an ingame CG. FEH is no stranger to giving dead/will die people, what does it matter it happened 20 years ago? And being permanently bedridden until the ending to RD is even less of a concern.

The probability of any of them being playable in Heroes is about as high as the probability that King Mordred will be, and he actually has an in-game face sprite. In other words, pretty much zero. And therefore not considered.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The probability of any of them being playable in Heroes is about as high as the probability that King Mordred will be, and he actually has an in-game face sprite. In other words, pretty much zero. And therefore not considered.

I wasn't being truly serious with that. Who would with Lorazieh? Should've struckthrough that it make it clearer; although I thought my description of how desperate one would have to be to include either made that apparent. And Prince Kurth of Grannvale better come along tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wasn't being truly serious with that. Who would with Lorazieh? Should've struckthrough that it make it clearer; although I thought my description of how desperate one would have to be to include either made that apparent. And Prince Kurth of Grannvale better come along tomorrow.

At least Kurth has a both a face sprite and implied combat capabilities.

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Oh so we're including dead characters now?

I mean, we are taking on the Kingdom of the Dead as far as the story is concerned so it wouldn't be that out there if we got a banner of posthumous characters during the course of Book III.

That, and we already have stuff like playable Mikoto (who might as well be a posthumous character given how quickly she got killed off after being introduced), that living compass, Laegjarn, etc.

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Oh so we're including dead characters now? In that case, add Elena, aka Ike's dead mom who can be voted for in CYL for some reason :P

She at least got art and one appearance in that one early PoR cutscene tho. I'd love to imagine Ike finally getting to meet his mother, tbh. He barely remembers her.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I mean, we are taking on the Kingdom of the Dead as far as the story is concerned so it wouldn't be that out there if we got a banner of posthumous characters during the course of Book III.

That, and we already have stuff like playable Mikoto (who might as well be a posthumous character given how quickly she got killed off after being introduced), that living compass, Laegjarn, etc.

That is true. Speaking of which...

#BringBackHelbindi

Now thought of something. The beast description also says dragon ally and I was thinking: What if the Tellius dragons become Manaketes,also since they can help beasts they might receive beast buffs as well (Hone and Fortify as of now). What do you think of this?

7 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Now thought of something. The beast description also says dragon ally and I was thinking: What if the Tellius dragons become Manaketes,also since they can help beasts they might receive beast buffs as well (Hone and Fortify as of now). What do you think of this?

Based on the weapon descriptions, I'm pretty sure that the Laguz dragons will be implemented as breath units instead of beast units.

As for Hone Beasts and Fortify Beasts, I doubt the Laguz dragons will count for those. Dragons already have their own set of buffs, after all.

9 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

It does seem likely for them to be breath units.

I don't think they'll get beast buffs, they already have dragon buffs for that. We might get a set of buffs that work on both shifter types, though.

33 minutes ago, Othin said:

It does seem likely for them to be breath units.

I don't think they'll get beast buffs, they already have dragon buffs for that. We might get a set of buffs that work on both shifter types, though.

I don't see a problem with allowing them to have both beast and dragon buffs. It would simply allow them to slot into both team types. And if beast effective weapons are added, they would have both vulnerabilities in tradeoff.

I mean aren't the current ones going to benefit from both beast and flying buffs? Dragon/armor and dragon/flying units already benefit from both of their respective buff types.

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I don't see a problem with allowing them to have both beast and dragon buffs. It would simply allow them to slot into both team types. And if beast effective weapons are added, they would have both vulnerabilities in tradeoff.

I mean aren't the current ones going to benefit from both beast and flying buffs? Dragon/armor and dragon/flying units already benefit from both of their respective buff types.

Oh, just Tellius dragons, not Manaketes in general? That makes sense. They could have that be an effect on their weapons, like how Julius's tome gives him dragon weaknesses.

...Huh. Thinking about effects being weapon-tied... Is there anything to say transformations and the beast weapon type have to be intrinsically linked? They could make dragon laguz whose personal weapons have the transform effect, right? And 3DS beasts who don't, although that seems less likely.

That's different I think. Dragon basically is user of breath, where flying/armour is movement type. you can be ONE weapon user and have ONE movement type. Every beast/dragon have access to two kind buffs already (Nowi is for example Dragon/Infantry, Lenne is Beast/Flyer ect...). I don't think game has mechanics to make someone dual weapon user.

Edited by Tenzen12

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

Oh, just Tellius dragons, not Manaketes in general? That makes sense. They could have that be an effect on their weapons, like how Julius's tome gives him dragon weaknesses.

...Huh. Thinking about effects being weapon-tied... Is there anything to say transformations and the beast weapon type have to be intrinsically linked? They could make dragon laguz whose personal weapons have the transform effect, right? And 3DS beasts who don't, although that seems less likely.

The fact that it's specifically called out on the weapon makes me seem to think there's no intrinsic link, but who knows?

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I was thinking for a PoR banner, we'd get Jill and Zihark as Beorc units and Ranulf and Lethe as Laguz units, with Ashnard as a GHB and Ilyana as a TT reward. Alternatively, I could also see Haar as a GHB since he was a recruitable enemy in PoR, and we have had GHBs with recruitable enemies before with Navarre and Jamke.

Haar seems a lot more likely to be a banner unit than Zihark, both were recruitable enemies who weren't particularly antagonistic toward the party, so I don't think one has much stronger of a case for GHB. Haar is a very popular, bad-ass flying dragon dude which IS seems to like making strong fliers recently. Zihark is a moderately popular sword guy, which IS seems to prefer the female counterparts as banner draws. If it's a drop unit, then I could see either, but if they're a banner draw and someone else is the drop, then I'd heavily lean toward Haar being a banner star. But only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

At least Kurth has a both a face sprite and implied combat capabilities.

With true FE4 Naga, a caterpillar would have combat capabilities.

And regarding other herons ZOMBIE HERON KAWAII/KOWAI ONEE-SAMA GO! I've been waiting to say that longer than I'm proud to admit.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Disappointed that they didn't give Leanne some kind of accent despite having her speak in broken English. I always pictured her as having some kind of European accent (I personally pictured something vaguely Russian) due to her struggling to speak English in the second game. Hearing her struggle to speak English while having a perfect American accent is... odd.

Otherwise, super happy the beastshifters are finally getting representation even though I gave up on this game ages ago. It's still nice to know the door's been opened for them.

Edited by Alastor15243