New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

i wish Rafiel was a TT or something...with Naesala, everyone else is added with their waifu/hubbie except Nailah and he doesn't get added with his siblings either

Rafiel for armoured Heron bc of his move speed

i love all these characters so i'm hyped, especially Nailah who has been top priority on my list of chars to be added. they drew her less thick/muscular than the OG art which makes me sad but it's not bad.

don't even mind the powercreep because these are laguz royals...you know, the ones that you don't even have to level up once to take to endgame and have them still be busted. well Leanne maybe not but just spam Reyson with laguz gems for 4 man refresher unit with 8 movement, balanced. wish there was a fair way to implement the different styles of refreshing each heron has.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats were found and Naesala's looking really good. Be sure to thank the dataminers.

Spoiler

Tibarn's 41 HP, 38 Atk, 31 Spd, 34 Def, and 18 Res gives him 162 BST. He has no superboons and a HP superbane. Dude's like a beast version of paladin Chrom and Laevatein and a +HP, -Res Laevatein at that.

Leanne's 36 HP, 27 Atk, 37 Spd, 16 Def, and 34 Res gives her 150 BST. She has no superboons and HP, Atk, and Def superbanes.

Reyson's 37 HP, 29 Atk, 34 Spd, 24 Def, and 26 Res gives him 150 BST. He has a Def superboon and HP, Atk, and Res superbanes.

Nailah's 40 HP, 31 Atk, 37 Spd, 32 Def, and 23 Res gives her 163 BST. She has a Res superboon and a HP superbane. She's like a beast version of Adrift F!Corrin and Owain.

Naeasala's 39 HP, 32 Atk, 38 Spd, 24 Def, and 29 Res gives him 162 BST. If he were summonable, he'd have a Def superboon and HP and Res superbanes. Dude comes with a melee, beast damage version of Giga Excalibur, Blazing Wind, Swift Sparrow, and Guard as his skills. Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aeg2qj/naesalas_skills/.

Edited by Kaden

Looks like laguz weapons are indeed split by movement type, which helps support the possibility of inheritable weapons later. At least for infantry, even if birds don't get them.

Also it'd make the beast button in inherit skill not be useless, since they did implement it.

I am reminded of how weird bird Laguz wings are in their humanoid forms. Like...how they attach to their backs never made sense to me. You'd think they'd utilize the shoulder muscles and benefit from the mid-back muscles for downward stroke power (and supporting those large appendages.) But they're kind of...stuck directly on the spine and just attach super weird. And given the size of the wings, and the position of Naesala's cape thing and the angle of his body, shouldn't we be able to see part of the wing (or at least overflow feathers) between his back and the edge of his cape thing or at least through that slit in said cape thing? Something about his face seems off, too. Probably just the style, since I think it's that his eyes are a bit big and far apart for what I remember his design being. That's why his face/nose don't seem as long as they did in his original artwork, except when I look at them in isolation. The artist really did do a great job, it's just that these things popped out at me.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

She at least got art and one appearance in that one early PoR cutscene tho. I'd love to imagine Ike finally getting to meet his mother, tbh. He barely remembers her.

I voted for her as much as I could last CYL and plan to do so again.

Remember, guys, if you have spare votes you don't know what to do with, please consider giving a few to Elena (Ike and Mist's mom.) We appreciate every vote. :)

So... Once Naesala become available with the Heroic Grails, we will have access to Guard at 4★ and easy access to Swift Sparrow. I believe Winter Cecilia and New Year Laegjarn will be the next ones to be available in the Heroic Grails (version 3.2), and Naesala will be available on Version 3.3

I remember when Swift Sparrow was a rare skills, but now we are getting a hero with it each 1-2 months

Do the birds not have a flier penalty? Naesala and Tibarn both have 162 BST to Nailah's 163 (unless I'm reading their stats wrong). That makes them valuable for Arena despite their movement type. Neat!

Also, I guess it's confirmed that ALL fliers get extra movement and beasts get Wo damage if even the generic weapons get those effects. (Them being named after stages of life in their respective animal's life cycle is a neat and cute touch.)

(I'm not discussing specific skills so I hope it's okay for me to leave this outside spoiler tags.)

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well yeah, there were Laguz Stones and Laguz Gems, albeit they were just energy drinks basically. (And a beta version of Tellius had dragonstones, but that is besides the point.)

Yeah, I know in Tellius they didn't work like in Awakening and Fates, my point was simply that if IS want inheritable weapons shared by all beast units, beaststones might be the best of not very good options.

Though I think energy drink can be a weapon too

Naesala's face seems kind of off to me. Tibarn and Nailah have the best art here imo. I thought at first that Nailah had the same VA as Libra, as they sound kinda similar to me, but I don't think that's Libra's VA...

Yeah, nope, though they both have Robinson as their last name, so maybe they're related. lol

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Do the birds not have a flier penalty? Naesala and Tibarn both have 162 BST to Nailah's 163 (unless I'm reading their stats wrong). That makes them valuable for Arena despite their movement type. Neat!

Also, I guess it's confirmed that ALL fliers get extra movement and beasts get Wo damage if even the generic weapons get those effects. (Them being named after stages of life in their respective animal's life cycle is a neat and cute touch.)

(I'm not discussing specific skills so I hope it's okay for me to leave this outside spoiler tags.)

Flier penalty isn't a thing. Fliers and infantry both have normal stats, cavalry have lower stats, armors have higher stats.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Flier penalty isn't a thing. Fliers and infantry both have normal stats, cavalry have lower stats, armors have higher stats.

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Flier penalty is being weak to an entire weapon type. Don't need a nerf to stats when that's a reality.

That makes sense, thank you both!

(My quest for an easy-to-+10 blue unit for an Arena core just got a whole lot easier too...)

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

48 minutes ago, Othin said:

Gen 2 fliers actually do have a penalty relative to Gen 2 infantry. Gen 2 fliers have 1 fewer point of stats at level 1, but it's mostly unnoticeable at level 40 because the rounding error from growth rates results in variance of about 2-3 points of stats.

Gen 1 fliers and Gen 1 infantry have identical stat totals, though.

I wonder what kind of fudging they're going to have to do with Rafiel to make him work with how the weapons work.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

24 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Flier penalty is being weak to an entire weapon type. Don't need a nerf to stats when that's a reality.

Generation II Fliers do have a penalty compared to generation II infantry. Here is the modifier table. The penalty is minor though and it is not enough to affect their BST bracket.

It is justifiable for fliers to be nerfed due to their better mobility, and being weak to a Weapon type is not enough to offset their better mobility in my opinion. With flying ranged nukes being a thing, archers do not stand a chance against ranged flyers if archers get nuked in the face first. And since the release of Trenches, fliers deserve to be nerfed more so than cavalry units in my opinion since cavalry have very inconsistent movement, making full use of their 3 movement situational at best; on the other hand, fliers have very consistent movement and can go on to almost all terrain and being able to abuse Dance/Sing-Reposition to its maximum potential.

Definitely going to avoid green since Reyson seems to be the obvious demote.

Hmm... Tibarn would be a nice pull - while Reinhardt cannot use Sturdy Impact, Cherche use make use of it.

Nailah could also be a nice pull. Not sure how often I'd make use of Null C-Disrupt.

Wouldn't mind Leanne though I already have loads of dancers and I'm a bit unsure of how to play around with her transformation mechanics.

I do wonder about Rafiel myself since it obviously would be weird to see him flying when he canonically can't do so. He may just have to get unique models and animations and stuff all to himself.

Okay, I just went through the datamine (not going to spoiler tag because it's not spoilery) and Rafiel will have zero problems with his weapons... in Japanese.

The lower-tier beast weapons in Japanese translate literally as

• Young Beast Transformation (Movement Type)
  • Juvenile Beast Transformation (Movement Type)
  • Adult Beast Transformation (Movement Type)

which means an infantry Rafiel works just fine in Japanese, and the localization team has once again backed themselves into a corner with their ingenuity.

Naesala's face in his idle art reminds me of Xander's: wider than it should be. Looks fine in his other arts, though.

I don't knowhow I feel about the new heroes. As a free to play I take whoever I can get, but I think that if a laguz is in human form, then they don't have any weapon weakness unless it's the poison dagger. but once they go into beast mode (Pun intended). then they should be weak to bows if they can fly. Also dumb question. Who is the leader of the Cat laguz? 

Edited by TheWildestCat

14 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Also dumb question. Who is the leader of the Cat laguz? 

The Wolves come from Hatari, a country unseen but said to lay on the other side of the Desert of Death. They live apart from the other Beasts.

The rest of the grounded beasts live together in the heavily forested and humid kingdom of Gallia. They consist of the Cats, Tigers, and Lions, sharing a single monarch- the Lion King Caineghis. Although the history of the Gallian monarchy isn't explored, it seems Lions are always their foremost leaders, since in Laguz countries, the strongest have the right to rule, not hereditary lines. And Lions are the most powerful of Gallia's three groups.

Of the three Cat Laguz playable in RD, Ranulf is the highest ranking militarily, being the righthand aide to Prince Skrimir, Caineghis's nephew and chosen heir (he has to prove himself as worthy of the title though first).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay, I just went through the datamine (not going to spoiler tag because it's not spoilery) and Rafiel will have zero problems with his weapons... in Japanese.

The lower-tier beast weapons in Japanese translate literally as

• Young Beast Transformation (Movement Type)
  • Juvenile Beast Transformation (Movement Type)
  • Adult Beast Transformation (Movement Type)

which means an infantry Rafiel works just fine in Japanese, and the localization team has once again backed themselves into a corner with their ingenuity.

Naesala's face in his idle art reminds me of Xander's: wider than it should be. Looks fine in his other arts, though.

What if they add inheritable beast weapons?