Thoughts on SSB Ultimate

Sub Zero

It is what I expected: a great multiplayer and online game and nothing much else
Unfortunately story mode disappointed me, I expected more after Smash 4 in that regard.
Still a fantastic filler, that is what it is for me. 
I mainly play it when I have to relax or stress out a bit.
It is definitely not a game I could spend an entire day for.

i really liked the adventure mode. best one they made yet. Game is really fun and its nice to get the guys together and play but i really dont play it by myself anymore, did for like 2 weeks but afterwards its more of a casual game for me. still a great game. 

3 hours ago, Yuni said:

We had a entire month to play Ultimate. What are your thoughts? Do you like it?

Which I kind of already made a topic about? Sort of?

I have only had it since Christmas, but it's great~ Haven't finished WOL yet but I like the premise of the story~ Only complaint is that I have to choose my alts every time I use a character~

And Pichu is good, YEEESSS

42 minutes ago, Dai said:

Which I kind of already made a topic about? Sort of?

Oh christ..I didn't know you already made a topic of this..Is there a way to delete this topic? My apologies

It's a huge step up from Smash 4. The gameplay is tight and fast, it's not Melee fast, but it's faster than Brawl and Smash 4. The roster is amazing. Every returning veteran, bring back my favourites such as Snake, Pokemon Trainer, and Ice Climbers, some decent newcomers - honestly the Echo fighters are the stand outs to me in this regard - plus six DLC characters on the way (Joker hype!).

The music is phenomenal, with many franchises getting a lot of love, such as Castlevania and FE. The new stages are good, the BotW tower, New Donk City and Dracula's Castle are fantastic, and some of my favourite stages to play on. Fountain of Dreams looks as beautiful as I imagined it to be in HD. Saffron City can go burn in a fire though.

World of Light is really good. I expected it to be rather boring, but if you have an overactive imagination like me, you can create all sorts of scenarios. I haven't beaten it yet (trying to solo it with Marth), but I'm enjoying it. The Spirits remind me of the units from FEH, it's fun to send them to the gym and train them up. I actually prefer them over trophies, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss displaying my trophies in the exhibit.

Classic Mode is exactly what I wanted it to be. It's very similar to Brawl's, but so much better. I love how there's different final bosses, rather than just Master Hand and/or Crazy Hand. The shooting credits game is alright, but gets tedious after a while, so I'm glad you can skip through it.

Online is...really not that bad. I've had a few poor match ups, but I mostly get put in 1 v 1s, which is what I wanted. I also have very minimal lag, and I don't use an Ethernet cable either, so...well.

Honestly, Ultimate is exactly what I wanted it to be, I don't even care about the lack of Home Run Contest, or stuff like that. Would I like to see them back? Of course! But honestly? I barely notice that they're gone. Ultimate is truly the ultimate Smash game, and I wouldn't change it at all. I can't wait to see the rest of the DLC characters - fingers crossed for Sora, Bandana Dee, Phoenix Wright or Touma Akagi, hahah!

I don't have it but my friend does and he and his other half were round here today as well as another one of our friends so we just had 4 of us having a blast on Ultimate all day. I'm actually tired now just from all the yelliing and general positivity. The time they were here on New Year's Eve was fun too. We did Classic Mode just to unlock characters and I wanted to test something as Simon.

Several times though, my friend kept getting beaten and this hilariously just turned into Simon Belmont throwing Tomahawks at and Whipping Pokémon. It's hilarious!

World of Light was okay, but the Subspace Emissary is still better in my opinion. I'm also not a fan of pro players being consulted when making the CPU AI or having to do a stupid shooting minigame every time I beat a spirit on the Spirit Board.

Overall, Brawl is still my favourite.