Felicia solorun breaks revelation

mangasdeouf

Hi,

I know a solo run already breaks the game and the way I started it broke the rules: Felicia was lv 1 after chapter 6 since I started the run at the path choice.

I know normal difficulty is already shit. But honestly past the few first levels she can do hard as well. So I began chapter 7 with a master ninja pair up speed boon avatar C supporting my bronze sword lv 4 hero Felicia after giving her the herbs and boots from bonus path and the initial goddess icon that anyone can get at this point in the game if they have all 3 routes. I didn't get any stat booster by the 2 easiest random battles I fought (1 for reaching 10 with MU who would have reached it if the stupid boss didn't play BEFORE his subordinate and the other just to get gold and the 1st 3 lv ups on Felicia because well, beginning chapter 7 in a new file Felicia would already be level 4 with ease like mine tend to reach 5 at this point in the game it's not like I gave her 10 level ups from the get go).

When I got Hana, Felicia was level 17 hero and reached 18 by the end of the next chapter with Hana pair up for the support "grinding" (then I played 3 random battles with Hana only fighting to get A+ Felicia to go swordmaster before reaching lv 20, she got astra at lv 21 in chapter 12). Then I gave her the witch class. She has also gotten all the chapter 10 stat boosters excet res, spd and lck (she doesn't need them at all). You know, Felicia who starts with shit base stats and needs 8+ level ups to just reach Gunter's gutter base stats. Well, Before getting her out of hero she could already have soloed chapter 13 (which she did as a witch). This while ending full hp.

Now level 47 witch (-20 or 21 for real level) she has 10 str with a base of 1, 29 mag, 20 skl, 31 speed, 28 lck, 15 def and 26 res. Her skillset is sol, vantage, astra, teleort (which is useless in solorun so I'll switch with axebreaker or something else) and toxic brew (which could as well not exist since she killed everyone but Xander and Ryoma in one round or hit with E parchment then switching to Mjolnir by the middle of te chapter). I ended up replacing those 2 with axebreaker and strong riposte since it's ennemy-phase oriented. I bet she will shit on the game and I'm sure she would shit on hard mode with the same build even if you don't give her hp and def boosters like I did, same for magic, maybe skill is needed since it's shaky. She just dodges everything or blocks the attack.

TL;DR: If I made this topic it was to show people that in th end even a unit with shit base stats and a lackluster and competely absurd class set for one's base stats and growths, ANY unit can just shit on the game with little effort without even needing to be tanky. Many new players just read about RNG avoid being shit and think you can no more dodgetank in this game. But it is all about dodging some attacks, proccing astra to refill the guard stance gauge for free and getting vantage to activate whenever you happen to lose enough hp, some sol proc to be full hp again. Also unlike new players would think (or any player who didn't use the witch class and didn't go see the teleport skill on the internet) teleport can only be used to teleport close to an ALLY UNIT meaning it's useless for like 99% of a solo run, don't bother with witch on any physical unit since you won' be able to use it at all.

Now at least my exp gain will be minimal since Jakob and Felicia aren't counted as lv 1 anymore in DLC classes (some random exp bug on these classes maybe, they ae lv 21+ with that level's exp gains unlike in their promoted classes) so I don't recommend using DLC classes on them before level 21 to get enough exp before getting shit on by exp gains. So maybe ennemies will catch up with Felicia before my solo run ends, who knows? still 100 basic ennemies give her 1 level up anyway so she will gain maybe 7 or so levels before the endgame comes? Still enough for her to stomp the game in normal and probably in hard too with a little more care.

No need for MU+Ryoma, Felicia can do everything by herself. She doesn't even need forges, just weapon drops and E ranks when you class change. Mine has more stats than my average MU with a few really bland lv ups (like 5x at least she got 1 hp 1 spd, or 1 lck 1 res etc.) that might make up for the stat boosters I gave her if you compare with MU's growths that are far superior to hers. And if Felicia can solo the game, so can Azura and Setsuna, they just need a little more time to start rising in the beginning since they don't have t2 skills, but a dread scroll shoul be enough for them to do the same as my Felicia. They will just need swordmaster from someone else, maybe only A support with MU and S with a samurai since they might not have friendship samurai access. Why no samurai MU? Because +2 skill gives slightly more skill activation rate, and +1 movement is far better than 2 stat points.

Sure we can't nosferatank the whole game like before. Instead we can just block 50+% of incoming attacks, abuse vantage easier alongside astra and guard stance, and stomp the game without being in death range for 80% of it (once the lower levels are behind our unit). And this doesn't require anything more than an access to samurai and to a physical or magical +10 avoid class (swordmaster, Witch and nine tails, or master ninja for 5 avoid and 5 dodge) makes it easier between blocks.

PSS: in case you didn't catch the point, It is just the proof that IS wanting to make us stop with ressource funnelling into one and only unit is a lie, because they continue giving us stat boosters that can be abused on one unit since they don't set a max of stat boosters per stat per character, one weapon type superior to all of the others, OP units, be they ests or prepromotes, and stat inflation, and with the guard stance auto block and it's link with astra procs, it's just even easier than Awakening to stomp the game for one only unit.

Edited by mangasdeouf

Could be a discussion around Fates epic failure at trying to encourage playing several units, but instead favouring so much royals and giving so many ways to make any unit strong to OP that the game is trivialized like every previous FE by just giving all the ressources to 1 unit.

I'm doing a Setsuna solo in hard (birthright) and she got insta reclass to ninja with GK MU (boon str bane HP) and at level 8 she took knight from him (grinded S support but that's it) and she stomps the game with 18 def and res as a lv 2 general, +2 def with the skill, +4 with pair up and reaching 29 def with the guard naginata alongside 23 res. We're talking about a 15% def growth 0 base def unit. This game is ridiculously easier to solo than to play normally. Casual play makes everything way harder in fact.

She also has 25 str, reaching 30 with MU pair up, killing hard chapter 12 Laslow in 1 javelin hit (B-lances) with 2 unused damage because he would be killed even if he had 2 hp/2def or 1hp and def higher. Literally OHKO. Xander hit her once before kneeling before her in 3 javelin hits while the other ennemies dealt 0 damage. I'll try to kill Garon too, don't know if it's possible at this stage since I don't have a healer. The only problem was the hammer great knight who I lured with Kaden and killed with Setsuna.

Edited by mangasdeouf

Thats always been a common knowledge since day 1. The only discussion always centers around how in CQ Lunatic this meets a sort of road block when Freeze Staff Savant comes into play

Theres even a meme of soloing the game for a while in FE subreddit, with someone doing this with Gunter centering around his overpowered skillset

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

20 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Thats always been a common knowledge since day 1. The only discussion always centers around how in CQ Lunatic this meets a sort of road block when Freeze Staff Savant comes into play

Theres even a meme of soloing the game for a while in FE subreddit, with someone doing this with Gunter centering around his overpowered skillset

That's the whole point, if IS was really that I, they would give less ways to go berserk with as few units as possible to blitz the game without effort, other than giving everyone post-fight 20% max hp true damage which is the worst way to balance a game. Same as Revelations's Lunatic hp bars and damage I heard of, being the same trash balance as Ankama's way of balancing dofus:

-Hey guys, I think the game's too easy for avatar, let's give ennemies 10 bonus hp each, stupid skills, and spawn without any warning from somewhere the player can't know of so he has to restart the chapter if he's mispositionned because of reinforcements.

-Hey guys, I think new characters created by very high level players who use gold (kamas) to buy bonus stats on their equipment so they have +20% to 40% HP compared with newcomers deal with the mobs of the early/midgame without effort, let's give mobs 70-100% of the players's damage per turn alongside crowd control inside ther damaging abilities, more mobility than most playable classes, and 20 to 200% more hp than the players, so these rerolls that have OP stuff can't blitz to the end game! (Meanwhile in Dofus they can still take a level 1 character and reach level 200 (max) in less than 1 day with that same boosted stuff that hasn't been addressed at all and new players can't even 1v1 the mobs they're supposed to kill to get exp, even the quest mobs are too strong for players 10 levels higher than the quest level...)

Yes, game directions seem to not play their games or only with boosted/moderator/dev only equipment/cheats. They think just making ennemies unkillable while they 2HKO you is a good way to improve difficulty. HINT: IT'S NOT. And they still don't address the boosted-related problems.

Edited by mangasdeouf

18 hours ago, mangasdeouf said:

That's the whole point, if IS was really that I, they would give less ways to go berserk with as few units as possible to blitz the game without effort, other than giving everyone post-fight 20% max hp true damage which is the worst way to balance a game. Same as Revelations's Lunatic hp bars and damage I heard of, being the same trash balance as Ankama's way of balancing dofus:

-Hey guys, I think the game's too easy for avatar, let's give ennemies 10 bonus hp each, stupid skills, and spawn without any warning from somewhere the player can't know of so he has to restart the chapter if he's mispositionned because of reinforcements.

-Hey guys, I think new characters created by very high level players who use gold (kamas) to buy bonus stats on their equipment so they have +20% to 40% HP compared with newcomers deal with the mobs of the early/midgame without effort, let's give mobs 70-100% of the players's damage per turn alongside crowd control inside ther damaging abilities, more mobility than most playable classes, and 20 to 200% more hp than the players, so these rerolls that have OP stuff can't blitz to the end game! (Meanwhile in Dofus they can still take a level 1 character and reach level 200 (max) in less than 1 day with that same boosted stuff that hasn't been addressed at all and new players can't even 1v1 the mobs they're supposed to kill to get exp, even the quest mobs are too strong for players 10 levels higher than the quest level...)

Yes, game directions seem to not play their games or only with boosted/moderator/dev only equipment/cheats. They think just making ennemies unkillable while they 2HKO you is a good way to improve difficulty. HINT: IT'S NOT. And they still don't address the boosted-related problems.

to be completely honest, this is why I don't like conquest, it focuses more highly on overpowered skill sets that the player cannot hope to match and map gimmicks that add jank to make the map harder to get used to, this just feels like lunatic+: the game rather than legitimate difficulty.

On Wednesday, January 09, 2019 at 10:48 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

GUNthur cannot be stopped.

2 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

to be completely honest, this is why I don't like conquest, it focuses more highly on overpowered skill sets that the player cannot hope to match and map gimmicks that add jank to make the map harder to get used to, this just feels like lunatic+: the game rather than legitimate difficulty.

I can't imagine the difficulty for newcomers of going into hard classic birthright chapter 16 "Pleasure Palace" which has 40 hp generals with 35-40 attack, onmyoji or sorcerers with 40 attack, and is full of corridors where ranged ennemies can poke you through their tank frontline and staff bots piss you off,while you have to kee an eye and a rythm to avoid getting stolen the chests from the ennemy thieves.

And it's only the beginning of hell, because seeing such a major bump in difficulty, I can't imagine the end game ennemies and their density, alongside cancerous status staves. Goin in with 4 well grown units is far easier than with 7-8 barely trained units. I understand why grinding is allowed even if the cost of scouting is higher than the gold it gives back (but it keeps the player from spamming encounters and stomp the game with overlevelled units, even if honestly the exp from encounters is trash compared with the exp from the chapters since the ennemies are too underlevelled for the map they spawn on).

It's like coming from normal mode and instantly facing real hard mode.

2 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

The player definitely can match the OP skillset the enemy on CQ had. Hell they literally gives you a character who does exactly that, and then theres the sheer nonsensical abuse possible with Jakob and to some extent Silas

If theres ONE thing i ABSOLUTELY CAN'T DEFEND about CQ though, its the stupid food and material system that did a grand total of fucking nothing besides forcing players to do boring online grinding sidequest

On 11/01/2019 at 11:57 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The player definitely can match the OP skillset the enemy on CQ had. Hell they literally gives you a character who does exactly that, and then theres the sheer nonsensical abuse possible with Jakob and to some extent Silas

If theres ONE thing i ABSOLUTELY CAN'T DEFEND about CQ though, its the stupid food and material system that did a grand total of fucking nothing besides forcing players to do boring online grinding sidequest

Personnally I tried to use the mess twice, got stat bonus on units I never used and then I stopped building the mess, because it's a mess. You can't just hope for a random unit buff when you pay ressources to get said buff. The only materials I use are forge materials. But again I use certain weapons more than others and having a random first material building force onto me makes me ask why there is even such a system. Like you are totally dependent of RNG for everything MyCastle-related! MyRoom even helps you grow supports with RNG units! This system is purely stupid. They should have kept POR/RD way of team management between chapters instead, because MyCastle is trash and forced the game balance to highly focus on PVP blance while story mode balance and scenario went through Hell.

19 minutes ago, mangasdeouf said:

forced the game balance to highly focus on PVP blance

Ha. That's a good one. Last I checked, PvP in Fates is total and complete [BLEEP].

Anyway... How in the name of Duma would you get through chapters 7, 8, and 9 with Felicia only???

Conquest PVP was literally Kinshi and Falcon Knight yeah

I always find it funny people forgot in Solo context Felicia basically get somewhere along the lines of almost +10 stats higher than she normally had. It makes Hero an ORKO monster and the you reach L5 hero and she blow things up well, switching from Bronze into iron forge

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Conquest PVP was literally Kinshi and Falcon Knight yeah

I always find it funny people forgot in Solo context Felicia basically get somewhere along the lines of almost +10 stats higher than she normally had. It makes Hero an ORKO monster and the you reach L5 hero and she blow things up well, switching from Bronze into iron forge

I don't do PVP so I might have talked too fast.

Felicia as a hero gains so many physical stats that you can't compare her with the trash that is her base class. Seriously, on paper this class was a good idea, in reality compare servant with mountain priest and holy priestess or whatever it's name may be and do the math. Servant is one of the worst classes in the whole game, and has nothing to be proud of stats-wise nor growths-wise. Joke class.

The DS games have too low growths to be soloed I guess, while ennemies may be overwhelming. But 30 levels for the MC is great since he can't be locked into a t1 class for 70% of the game with level 20 stats and then only come back but too late to be great.

3 hours ago, mangasdeouf said:

The DS games have too low growths to be soloed I guess, while ennemies may be overwhelming. But 30 levels for the MC is great since he can't be locked into a t1 class for 70% of the game with level 20 stats and then only come back but too late to be great.

What in the name of Grima is with your obsession with soloing...???

9 hours ago, mangasdeouf said:

The actual answer is depending on difficulty

FE11 Marth solo is literally the speedrun strategy of the game, and as late as H2 a certain portion of the map can be solo'd. Harder difficulty?

Gomer, is, by far the single most overpowered boss in any Fire Emblem game and thats the chapter 1 so it should be obvious. Using marth, H2 Medeus doubled Marth so you need to do some omega rig to get past that etc

FE12 did not have too low growth wtf, this is the same game where growth goes to 90% and a unit is expected to have capped stats in one of the class by midgame. The only issue with solo stuff happening here is you can solo stuff at H1 but they fall off because of a more controlled stats caps, and by H2/H3 EVERY unit died in 2 hits so good luck "soloing" those early chapters. Prologue 8 solo ain't happening

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Gomer, is, by far the single most overpowered boss in any Fire Emblem game and thats the chapter 1 so it should be obvious. Using marth, H2 Medeus doubled Marth so you need to do some omega rig to get past that etc

Uhh, what about Hyman? Also, Gomer's in chapter 2.

40 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Uhh, what about Hyman? Also, Gomer's in chapter 2.

You do know all 3 of them are BS hue

Yeah thats Gazzak. I would argue while Gazzak have lower numbers(iirc) he's the hardest because hes on chapter 1, and theres no save slot making him the hardest to manipulate how easy it is to beat him. Granted he can be cheesed so idk