Dragon Laguz, beasts or breaths? Place bets now.

Jotari

What kind of weapon type will dragon laguz be?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of weapon type will dragon laguz be?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I placed my wager on Breaths. 

And as said in another topic, they could possibly pick up both kinds of buffs, just as Armor Dragons can. It'd give them something unique.

That's a different situation. Armour is a movement type, breath is a weapon type. It's the same way flying breath users get buffs for being a flying unit and a breath unit (and if cavalry dragons existed they could do the same). Beast is also a weapon type, getting boosts from a weapon type the unit isn't using is unprecedented, and if it is to happen, it should have happened with Julius who right now gets the negatives of being a breath unit without any of the positives. It's not impossible to do (and I really hope they do a variation of it for Ashnard, giving him flier and armoured buffs), but it isn't something we've seen before.

Edited by Jotari

12 minutes ago, Jotari said:

and I really hope they do a variation of it for Ashnard, giving him flier and armoured buffs

200 BST flier unit that can potentially move 3 space with VS!Azura support is nice.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

200 BST flier unit that can potentially move 3 space with VS!Azura support is nice.

And you forget his personal B Skill- Chaotic Rebirth. Once per battle, when KO'ed, revives at half of max HP with +5 to non-Mov stats for 1 turn. 

I hope they find a way to reference Ashy's second form when he rolls around. It was that, or I was thinking something like coming with Miracle + a skill that gives extreme Atk/Spd buffs when at 1 HP. Ashy liking to live dangerously on the edge and all. Or Defiant Spectrum + Brash Assault. He probably has a whole lot of options to consider if they went with such a theme.

18 minutes ago, Jotari said:

it should have happened with Julius who right now gets the negatives of being a breath unit without any of the positives.

They could possibly retroactively fix Julius, isn't he kinda eh as is? Perhaps via an eventual refinement? Although have GHBs gotten those yet?

23 minutes ago, Jotari said:

and if cavalry dragons existed they could do the same

How would they make those work I wonder? Just really lithe grounded dragons? Or perhaps they have their horse/other ground vehicle (ya know, maybe they shoulda put Fae in a sleigh) drag them somewhere, and then they get off it for battle?

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And you forget his personal B Skill- Chaotic Rebirth. Once per battle, when KO'ed, revives at half of max HP with +5 to non-Mov stats for 1 turn. 

I hope they find a way to reference Ashy's second form when he rolls around. It was that, or I was thinking something like coming with Miracle + a skill that gives extreme Atk/Spd buffs when at 1 HP. Ashy liking to live dangerously on the edge and all. Or Defiant Spectrum + Brash Assault. He probably has a whole lot of options to consider if they went with such a theme.

They could possibly retroactively fix Julius, isn't he kinda eh as is? Perhaps via an eventual refinement? Although have GHBs gotten those yet?

How would they make those work I wonder? Just really lithe grounded dragons? Or perhaps they have their horse/other ground vehicle (ya know, maybe they shoulda put Fae in a sleigh) drag them somewhere, and then they get off it for battle?

Michalis and Zephiel got refinements for their existing weapons, F Robin and Navarre got new refineable weapons.

My idea for cavalry dragons is the Grima treatment of not transforming but summoning a final boss above them. Gunter could be a good candidate.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Having him get buffs at 1hp sounds way too situational to be useful. A variation of the Defiant skills (but much better because they're kind of trash) working under half HP would be more useful and still reference his berserk state well enough.

I think Julius is so eh I made a thread about it when he first came on the scene. I do hope he eventually gets a refine that gives him access to Breath Buffs, but I'm not really holding out hope for it.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Michalis and Zephiel got refinements for their existing weapons, F Robin and Navarre got new refineable weapons.

My idea for cavalry dragons is the Grima treatment of not transforming but summoning a final boss above them. Gunter could be a good candidate.

Oh wow, Possessed Gunter is a fantastic idea for a noncontrived dragon cavalry unit. It'd turn possibly the least interesting villain in the series into one of the best units. Do it IS, do it!

Leaning towards Breaths. Ice Dragon made a good point in stating how the transformation gimmick includes Dragons in its conditions, and considering that Dragons in Tellius still use breaths as their main weapons instead of claws or fangs I think they'll simplify them and treat them as Manaketes with a unique gimmick rather then a separate class of units with similar abilities. 

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

[...]my guess is that Laguz dragon weapons will grant Distant Counter when transformed, making them generally superior than the inheritable breath weapons.

There aren't that many Laguz dragons, so they could all be armor units with an Armor March / Armored Boots weapon effect. Fortunately, Armor March is unlikely since extra movement is essentially the same effect granted to birds.

24 minutes ago, Tree said:

There aren't that many Laguz dragons, so they could all be armor units with an Armor March / Armored Boots weapon effect. Fortunately, Armor March is unlikely since extra movement is essentially the same effect granted to birds.

You can't give them armour march. That would violate the mandate. GOlDOA Will NOT MOVE.