January/February Events Calendar: New Special Heroes Theme? Oh my!

Coolmanio

So at the risk of getting crucified for even bringing this up:

If that first Special banner is a collab, it might be with Smash as Ultimate is supposed to have the second part of a FE-themed Spirit Board event sometime this month. There's also the fact that [DATAMINE]:

Spoiler

the three heroes in question for those next set of Three Heroes quests are Marth, Roy and Chrom.

It's probably just a set of coincidences, but it still got me thinking.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Troykv said:

If this banner has a thematic related to Setsubun or something like that; I hope it's considered the "Arts Festival" Banner of the year.

After all last year we didn't have the Fall Festival; but instead, the Summer Festival.

As long as it's just taking the place of a special banner from last year, I'll be okay with it.

35 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If that first Special banner is a collab, it might be with Smash as Ultimate is supposed to have the second part of a FE-themed Spirit Board event sometime this month. There's also the fact that [DATAMINE]:

Reveal hidden contents

the three heroes in question for those next set of Three Heroes quests are Marth, Roy and Chrom.

Hmmmm. That's not too far off though.

Who would they add then? Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf would fit well in the world.

47 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

Cool coincidences. It doesn't help that 2019 is the 20th anniversary of the Super Smash Bros. franchise.

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

Who would they add then? Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf would fit well in the world.

Obvious choice of characters would be Piranha Plant, Duck Hunt Dog, and Game & Watch, with RoB as GHB and Villager as TT reward. Oh, and with Waluigi appearing as an enemy only unit.

I guess they could throw us a curveball and add characters like Link, Meta Knight, Sheik, Mario, Peach, Bowser, Shulk or other characters of the sort but that seems unlikely.

14 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

The Kid Icarus characters would fit in just fine too and, if Konami allows it, the Belmonts as well. I have no clue what their whips would be classified as in the context of FEH though.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

The Kid Icarus characters would fit in just fine too and, if Konami allows it, the Belmonts as well. I have no clue what their whips would be classified as in the context of FEH though.

There was a whip sword in Aria of Sorrow so they could take some artistic liberties and have the Belmont use that instead and classify it as a sword. Or they could simply just classify the Vampire Killer as a sword and we’d just accept it as is and move on.

Jeez, two seasonal banners in one month? This is getting ridiculous, there goes my hope for getting more beasts soon so I can make a full beasts team asap :( Luckily I don't care for most of the other banners coming up, except maybe the Nephenee banner because my Soleil still needs Wrath. So maybe, just maybe I can save for the Mythic Banner. Though god knows that despite my hate for seasonal banners I always end up liking at least one unit on them.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

PIT! I WOULD LOVE PIT IN THE GAME!

Ahum, I mean that would be a total disgrace we can't have that please give me zelda and link too

In other news, I'm really interested in the Pair Up quests. That sounds like something new and I've been craving for actually new quests.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

You say this, and my mind suddenly drifts to the negative space that datamine implies, pun intended over the literal meaning.

Spoiler

Namely,  Lucina, Robin, Corrin and Ike alts.

1 hour ago, Mau said:

Jeez, two seasonal banners in one month? This is getting ridiculous, there goes my hope for getting more beasts soon so I can make a full beasts team asap :( Luckily I don't care for most of the other banners coming up, except maybe the Nephenee banner because my Soleil still needs Wrath. So maybe, just maybe I can save for the Mythic Banner. Though god knows that despite my hate for seasonal banners I always end up liking at least one unit on them.

PIT! I WOULD LOVE PIT IN THE GAME!

Ahum, I mean that would be a total disgrace we can't have that please give me zelda and link too

In other news, I'm really interested in the Pair Up quests. That sounds like something new and I've been craving for actually new quests.

oooh interesting giving wrath to soleil
I have an extra Owain.....

8 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Starting to think Geoffrey and Lucia are never getting in since they are giving Elincia a BHB with Nephenee instead.

bummer if true.

I just hope that FEH NEVER ads a character from a non-FE game. I would be okey (although I prefer it not to happen) if they added characters from TMS, but from Smash? If I wanted them I’d play Smash and not FEH xD

Btw, this calendar feels a bit empty, but I think that can be because the last one was oversaturated. 

I think I’ll visit customer support once again to say my opinion...although I’m sure they won’t read complains from a F2P xD

Excited for the next banner this month and in February. I hope for one of them to be a PoR banner. I want Geoffrey and Lucia in the game already dammit.

Elincia and Nepheene BHB??? I'm sorry what? They barely have a bound. This legit makes angry, cause you know who would have made the perfect BHB partner for Elincia? Geoffrey, or Lucia. Hell even Ike would have made more sense than Neph.

Edited by Elincia

2 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Starting to think Geoffrey and Lucia are never getting in since they are giving Elincia a BHB with Nephenee instead.

They have to get added eventually. I see no reason for them not to be added at some point. 

57 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The TT happens alongside the next Special Heroes. Another free Special Hero?

Probably. That's become quite common lately.

The Lunar New Year is February 5 this year, which could be what the January 23 banner is perhaps?

5 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I'm not seeing why the Bound Hero Battle is a problem. Male Corrin has been the opponent in two different Bound Hero Battles already (one with Azura, one with Kana).

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Summoning Focus: New Power

What is this exactly?

All "New Power" Banners are the units getting a new Weapon Refine

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The TT happens alongside the next Special Heroes. Another free Special Hero?

Likely~

I wouldn't mind a Lunar New Year theme for the Special Heroes Banner~ Would make it pretty clear that the 2nd would be Valentine's Day, then~

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not seeing why the Bound Hero Battle is a problem. Male Corrin has been the opponent in two different Bound Hero Battles already (one with Azura, one with Kana).

Ephraim has as well (Eirika, Myrrh), so yeah I also don’t think the Elincia & Nephenee BHB means anything for anyone’s chances of getting into FEH.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Lunar New Year is February 5 this year, which could be what the January 23 banner is perhaps?

Do you think a Lunar New Year Banner would remplace the Summer Festival of last year as the "Arts Festival" Banner?

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

Do you think a Lunar New Year Banner would remplace the Summer Festival of last year as the "Arts Festival" Banner?

My gut says that it won't since that will leave a pretty large gap in seasonal banners between the second summer banner and the Halloween banner.

Whether I'm annoyed about the two seasonals or not really depends on who the special characters are. If IS sees sense and realizes that Pent and Louise are perfect for Valentine, or if they pick a character that deserves some attention its all good. If they pick yet another Fates character or a Fates character that already has three alts then it will certainly get on my nerves. 

That said even in the best case scenario it would be pretty silly. 

Hell: ''You have a deadline of 9 days, boy!''

*five days later*

Alfonse: ''Lets spend a day celebrating Valentine everyone!''