January/February Events Calendar: New Special Heroes Theme? Oh my!

Coolmanio

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Ephraim has as well (Eirika, Myrrh), so yeah I also don’t think the Elincia & Nephenee BHB means anything for anyone’s chances of getting into FEH.

Especially if they had none to begin with.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Especially if they had none to begin with.

I know being cynical about this game comes easy for you (especially now that you've quit), but could you tone it down a little please? It's kinda getting to be a bit too much, even for a guy who's more of a pessimist than an optimist like me.

Besides, I'm sure at least Lucia will get in eventually. She has too much waifu appeal (not unlike Karla) for IS to pass up, even though she isn't super popular (though her RD incarnation topped 1,000 votes in CYL 2 at least).

18 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I don't see any New Heroes

Where are the New Heroes?

I dunno, but has anyone counted if there's more alt Heroes than originals at this point?

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

Wasn't there a game getting an anniversary this year? Maybe the unusual Special Heroes are about that?

I don't know about any FE games, but Smash turns 20 this year as mentioned by Roflolxp54 last page. Specifically, Smash 64 originally released in Japan on January 21st so...make of that what you will.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't know about any FE games, but Smash turns 20 this year as mentioned by Roflolxp54 last page. Specifically, Smash 64 originally released in Japan on January 21st so...make of that what you will.

I looked it up. This year Traccia 776 turns 20 years old too, but that's over in september. Just hope Heroes give these guys a proper celebration. 

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I dunno, but has anyone counted if there's more alt Heroes than originals at this point?

If I didn't miscount there are 105 alts among 332 Heroes.
So we are not there yet. Over 30% alt representation is very acceptable, right?

-----

Welp, might as well throw Book 3 story to the fire since it will have the same pacing problems as Book 2.

Oh, and if Reyson doesn't demote then Silas is still our last demote which happened back in September.
So with the 2 upcoming Seasonal banners that would be half-a-year without any new 4* in the pool. Sasuga, IS, they're taking slow response to the next level.

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Name-dropped a few characters (Heath

I recall hearing Heath having some meme status in Japan back in the day. Apparently is because of this Japanese FE7 commercial.

That is Heath's death quote that pops up at the end. I guess this might have died when the American commercial Dorcas meme didn't proof Japan is not so addicted to memes and hence better human beings than us.

He is a likable character, a gentleman knight in his behaviors, but a little different in being a Wyvern Rider and deserter. And the green skunk hair adds to his noncomformity.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a smash crossover (even though it sounds awesome!) It doesn't sound very likely for them to do this unless it's like cosplay or something.

Yeah, Smash doesn't seem likely. They don't have special outfits or anything there, so what would they look like beyond basically their normal appearances? The only one who really looks different in Smash is Roy. I'm all for a seasonal Ike, but what I had in mind for him was something for Easter, summer, Halloween, or Christmas. Not Hero Ike from RD or something. Though I'd pull for him anyway since I must have each and every Ike. I would just very much prefer something more unique for him in a seasonal.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Smash doesn't seem likely. They don't have special outfits or anything there, so what would they look like beyond basically their normal appearances? The only one who really looks different in Smash is Roy. I'm all for a seasonal Ike, but what I had in mind for him was something for Easter, summer, Halloween, or Christmas. Not Hero Ike from RD or something. Though I'd pull for him anyway since I must have each and every Ike. I would just very much prefer something more unique for him in a seasonal.

Unless it's other FE characters that are not in Smash dressed as non-FE Smashers. It's the only type of Smash content i would like in Heroes.

10 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Unless it's other FE characters that are not in Smash dressed as non-FE Smashers. It's the only type of Smash content i would like in Heroes.

That could be neat, but IS would probably need to ask a lot of people's permission to do that since they don't own any non-FE Smash fighters.

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That could be neat, but IS would probably need to ask a lot of people's permission to do that since they don't own any non-FE Smash fighters.

Yes, hadn't tought of that. Maybe it could be easier with nintendo own characters but dunno if it's worth the trouble for them.

Well looks like after Laguz I can save orbs for the FE 6 banner, which I am praying has Elphin on it.  I am not very happy about 2 seasonal banners and no new story chapters or actual new heroes until March ( man IS saying when Laguz and FE 6 were coming was them telling us when we are getting new heroes).  We already have NYs so if that first one is the lunar NY I will be even more annoyed then before.  Only way I will like the 'surprise' special heroes is if they are from TMS and Yashiro is the TT reward, which won't happen.  

50 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well looks like after Laguz I can save orbs for the FE 6 banner, which I am praying has Elphin on it.  I am not very happy about 2 seasonal banners and no new story chapters or actual new heroes until March ( man IS saying when Laguz and FE 6 were coming was them telling us when we are getting new heroes).  We already have NYs so if that first one is the lunar NY I will be even more annoyed then before.  Only way I will like the 'surprise' special heroes is if they are from TMS and Yashiro is the TT reward, which won't happen.  

The next New Heroes banner and story chapter will almost definitely be in late February, not March.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Smash doesn't seem likely. They don't have special outfits or anything there, so what would they look like beyond basically their normal appearances?

I present to you, the new banner:

Untitled.png.3d4185be69a754baa5e46a0cc8f385a9.png

Seriously though, I wouldn't even put it past IS to actually just give us a green and red Robin as alts haha

1 minute ago, Mau said:

Untitled.png.3d4185be69a754baa5e46a0cc8f385a9.png

Seriously though, I wouldn't even put it past IS to actually just give us a green and red Robin as alts haha

Then can I have red and blue Freddy alts since he can use swords and lances? :P Because while seashells are an amusing and rather fitting weapon for him, you can't forget that he can use the whole weapon triangle. lol I can make a whole team of Freddys of all colors too if we get this!

14 minutes ago, Mau said:

I think female Robin should have been used for green and colorless to represent what we have. The yellow and pink should have been male and female to represent light and astral mythic versions. Actually, that's awful. I should probably delete this to avoid giving them ideas...

Wow. After Adrift I commented something about the RD and Binding banners were ACTUALLY the next banners in line to get in the game, the only reason they were so far away was because we had to deal with a lot of bullsh*t before them. I can't believe I was 100% right...  ._.

However, if all the coincidences people have found aren't coincidences at all and Smash character are coming to this game this Special banner will instantly become my favorite banner ever.

COME ON IS GIVE ME PIT WITH A BOW! GIVE ME ZELDA AS A MAGE, PALUTENA AS A STAFF UNIT! GIVE ME DEDEDE AS AN AXE USER WITH THE WOODEN HAMMER!!!! JUST DO IT!

Honestly, it's disappointing to see so many people against the idea of collabs. Maybe it has something to do with how few new heroes we are getting lately, but collabs are never a bad thing, especially because they are usually one and done. After Monster Hunter World collab with Final Fantasy I doubt we will have another one for that game. We will get stuff like Geralt instead. 

The same thing will be true for FEH. If by some miracle we get a F/GO banner, we will never get another one again. Nor we will need one, thankfully my favorite Fate character is the only one that literally can't miss a collab. Love U Saber <3

6 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a smash crossover (even though it sounds awesome!) It doesn't sound very likely for them to do this unless it's like cosplay or something.

I really really really really hope for a smash crossover. I would kill for Link, Zelda, Ganon and Shiek in Fire emblem heroes. They would just drain the money out of my pocket.

47 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Honestly, it's disappointing to see so many people against the idea of collabs.

I think the Zelda series could work well, but that's mainly because I'd like to see a Fire Emblem game based in Hyrule. The cast, story, and setting is easy to make: Link as the silent avatar, Zelda as the lord, Agahnim as the bad guy trying to bring Gannon back, and the triforce for the fire emblem. There are plenty of characters in the Hyrule to fill in the rest. Afterwards, add the characters to Heroes for easy extra profit.

5 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Honestly, it's disappointing to see so many people against the idea of collabs.

I agree. While I can understand not being a fan of certain things, it's pretty frustrating how some people aren't even willing to give said things a chance.

I seriously HOPE they do a collab this year. Not only because I'm a sucker for that stuff, but also because it'll be a nice way to shake things up a bit.

So, am I the only one that doesn't mind these two special banners? Sure, I'd like more new heroes too, but I don't mind these kinds of alts either. I do dislike throwing alts into new hero banners though.

But so long as these two banners don't do something dumb/boring (like the aforementioned lunar new year since we already celebrated a new year), and they don't rehash a lot of the same characters that they've already given a bunch of alts to, I'm cool with this.

Edited by Anacybele