January/February Events Calendar: New Special Heroes Theme? Oh my!

Coolmanio

That kind of thing must also be why Easter sometimes happens in March. I heard that the day Easter falls on is determined by something to do with the moon. I hate when Easter's in March though, for two reasons. One, it's more often in April, so that's the month I'm more used to celebrating it in and associating it with, making it feel weird to have it in March. And second, it's still kind of cold in some parts of the country in March, so the weather would suck if you like doing Easter egg hunts and all that. If you're in the south, that's probably not an issue, but good luck if you're living in my area. We may still even get snow in March.

I miss living in the south. :(

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That kind of thing must also be why Easter sometimes happens in March. I heard that the day Easter falls on is determined by something to do with the moon. I hate when Easter's in March though, for two reasons. One, it's more often in April, so that's the month I'm more used to celebrating it in and associating it with, making it feel weird to have it in March. And second, it's still kind of cold in some parts of the country in March, so the weather would suck if you like doing Easter egg hunts and all that. If you're in the south, that's probably not an issue, but good luck if you're living in my area. We may still even get snow in March.

Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox.

Why? I don't know nor do I care because it always happens on a Sunday and therefore I do not ever get a day off of work for it.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox.

Why? I don't know nor do I care because it always happens on a Sunday and therefore I do not ever get a day off of work for it.

I see.

That's a bummer, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm using to having Easter off myself because it's a Sunday. Stinks that some people never get the day off...

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see.

That's a bummer, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm using to having Easter off myself because it's a Sunday. Stinks that some people never get the day off...

I have Sundays off normally, meaning Easter's existence makes zero difference to my life. I also don't get Good Friday off, so Easter's existence still makes zero difference to my life even indirectly.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It has to do with when the Jewish Holiday of Passover is, which is right after the vernal equinox.  The reason is because the whole point of Easter is Christ dying and rising from the dead.  When Christ was arrested by the Romans it was during Passover. The time that Christ died can be determined very clearly in the bible because of it being during Passover, his birth on the other hand is not so clear and Christmas took the place of several pagan holidays to get certain peoples to convert.

3 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

It has to do with when the Jewish Holiday of Passover is, which is right after the vernal equinox.  The reason is because the whole point of Easter is Christ dying and rising from the dead.  When Christ was arrested by the Romans it was during Passover. The time that Christ died can be determined very clearly in the bible because of it being during Passover, his birth on the other hand is not so clear and Christmas took the place of several pagan holidays to get certain peoples to convert.

So, the scenario that's clear falls on a different day every year, but the one that isn't clear is on a fixed day every year? That just confuses me even more. xP

I found Easter is on April 21st this year though, so yay for a possibly actually WARM Easter here!

To get more on topic though, we should be seeing silhouettes in a day or so!

Edited by Anacybele

On one hand, this has nothing to do with the actual FE calendar that's been posted.

On the other hand, this is absolutely fascinating.  Do continue~!

(yes, this is an exception)

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So, the scenario that's clear falls on a different day every year, but the one that isn't clear is on a fixed day every year? That just confuses me even more. xP

I found Easter is on April 21st this year though, so yay for a possibly actually WARM Easter here!

To get more on topic though, we should be seeing silhouettes in a day or so!

Easter is always the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the first day of Spring.

April 21 is about the latest it can be.  I remember it was March 23 a few years ago, which is about the earliest it can be.

48 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Easter is always the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the first day of Spring.

April 21 is about the latest it can be.  I remember it was March 23 a few years ago, which is about the earliest it can be.

Yes, I'm aware of that now. xP