Who were some of your first benched units?

BriForABri

The first time i plaged fe i was in my edgy phase and took a pseudo Darwinian stance "If they die this means they weren't worth using".

My first fe was PoR and at the begining i focused on Shinon,Titania and Gatrie. Then the game throwed me that curveball and i had to do chapter 8 whit just Ike, Titania,Soren and Mia. And, for added stupidity, i assumed at first that the named red units were minibosses instead of recruitable characters and killed Ilyana too. 

The first proper benched guy was Rolf, but there was a bloodbath before that.

In Awakening, Stahl, Miriel, Vaike, Kellam, Ricken, Maribelle, Panne, and Gregor, Cherche, Kjelle, Yarne, Cynthia, and that’s about it.

My first play through, while completed, was also a failure on my part. Maybe except for reclassing Chrom to Cavalier and promoting him to Paladin.

So, yeah, I kind of liked it when Paladin Chrom came to Heroes (even if he was an alt). I even have the guy and use him a good bit.

In Awakening I benched Frederick early on because I wanted to train my weaker units, but I reclassed him later and trained him. I think I also benched Say'ri, Tiki, and the spotpass characters since they don't have a lot of supports and I was trying to unlock supports. I did a lot of grinding on my first playthrough though so I used everyone at least a little bit.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:02 AM, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

My first play through, while completed, was also a failure on my part.

We all have those.

I somehow winded up getting Chrom married to the generic village maiden on my first playthrough.  Very regretful but also hilariously poor first playthrough, it was a damn good thing I was playing on the lowest possible difficulty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 12:23 AM, Leif Faris Claus said:

First unit I ever benched was Alec from Genealogy. He's not a particularly good father, and his growths and bases are pretty bad too. At the same time I benched Arden, for pretty obvious reasons.

I'd say Alec's only positive is that he can double.