Entrusted Grand Hero Battle - Naesala: Sky's Shadow

Landmaster

Posting in this thread, since it seems to have the most replies.

@mampfoid Wow your ladies barely broke a sweat! It's nice to see Brave Lucina in this one. Always appreciate the new-blood! Her low defence and unmerged nature probably made it easier to enter WoM range. As simple as this ghb seemed to me, it seemed even more so for you. Was the set-up for this difficult at all? Because I can't tell with all the slaughter. xD

@Landmaster Seems your royals also didn't have much trouble with this fight! I was a bit surprised you put Leo in Naesala's path, since I briefly forgot he hadn't transformed yet. Sunkumi tanked the mage before proceeding to delete Naesala off the map. Leo took out the red dragon and Elise most of the blues. But Sakunyan killing the last two units, even tanking one, was definitely the most impressive for me. Congrats! 

@daisy jane What a lovely flier team! Eir immediately honing in on Naesala was fun to watch. She even managed to take the retaliation with almost no damage. Afterwards, it didn't take much time to clean everything up. Minerva didn't need any help with the green dragon, but Elincia took out the weakened Cavalier, while Eir bought more time via tanking the red dragon. Overall it was really nice to see these four working together! 

If it's all right for you, can you tag me in future clears as well?

Anyway, off to mine:

@mcsilas @Azuris @Sasori @Zeo @kirauza343 @ruruo

Music: 1. Prison (STRIP) - from Umineko. No, I have no idea what the STRIP stands for.

This battle was pretty simple for me overall. Just had to get a few details down first. I originally planned on humiliating Naesala by taking him out via mochi, but since I was short on time today, I figured shooting him before he could do anything was the next best thing.  Skadikumi played a more passive role this time, only tanking the red dragon once and having Skadi's effect go off. Originally the green mage went after him, but switched to Nyakumi once I equipped Vantage. Then he couldn't quite take out the red dragon at the end, which could have been fixed with a seal, but because of the limited time, I decided to just go with this method. The rest of the clean up posed no major problems. I was very surprised that there weren't any reinforcements, since all GHBs since Garon had them. Not complaining though, since it makes it easier to mess around.

Princess clear tomorrow like always. I also plan another kind of clear from here on, which has become possible now that Reyson has been added to the game. Hope you look forward to it!

Edited by Nanima

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Luncia's debut! It was great, really quick and smooth one-turn~ Looking forward to seeing her more, too~

I'll try to integrate her from time to time. My GF squad is growing though, Naesala himself is a good blue GF candidate (can't ever remember his name lol). 

10 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Wow your ladies barely broke a sweat! It's nice to see Brave Lucina in this one. Always appreciate the new-blood! Her low defence and unmerged nature probably made it easier to enter WoM range. As simple as this ghb seemed to me, it seemed even more so for you. Was the set-up for this difficult at all? Because I can't tell with all the slaughter. xD

Haha, slaughter hits the nail. It's one of the easier GHBs for me. The enemies are lined up nicely, few ranged units, no strange skills (Guard, breakers, Firesweep). 

Lucina is great, perhaps you'll see her more. Chances for merges are low though.

14 minutes ago, Nanima said:

This battle was pretty simple for me overall. Just had to get a few details down first. I originally planned on humiliating Naesala by taking him out via mochi, but since I was short on time today, I figured shooting him before he could do anything was the next best thing.  

Three Fliers, all nice targets. All enemies one-rounded, that's sovereignty. Skadikumi had to tank a hit, but that's where the troubles ended.  Congrats! 

I'm probably going to search for a more honorable solution, but i just crushed this GHB with my armor team of L!Tiki, Halloween!Myrrh, B!Ephraim and Winter!Cecilia. With special thank's to Cecilia for having killed both Naesala and his mage flier, to Brave Eph for going and killing that Red Fafnir like a boss and to L!Tiki for tanking the entire left side of the map and that one Reposition. No thanks to Myrrh who just used Armor March and didn't see battle.

Now i kinda want to make an armor team without my 180BST dragons. I have both Hardin and Hector that can take Tiki's place kinda but Myrrh is still my only red armor at 5*.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I forgot to tag you, I'm really sorry! I copy & paste a list to my posts and edit everything to tags. Perhaps something went wrong there, you're definitely on the list.

No worries, it might have something to do with changing my display name. I usually pop my head in these threads to watch other people's clears so I usually see your clears but I wasn't aware that there were 2 threads created this time.  

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Beautiful team, I bet you had fun with them in TTs. Fjorm tanks some big hits in the beginning, rest is cleanup. Congrats!

Thanks! It took a little getting use to playing with Link skills but they came in handy.

Edited by Flying Shogi

@Alexmender Wow, that was really close! Naesala was who I was most curious about how you’d deal with him but Eirika was very sturdy!

@mampfoid It’s nice to see Brave Lucina in here! I feel like Cherche is just made for taking out Naesala. Legendary Hector being reduced to just a cheerleader/smiter is kinda hilarious

@Nanima The Takumi squad made this look easy! I’m sure you enjoyed not having to deal with an armor unit.

This wasn’t too bad, just had to swap a few skills to make sure Cherche could survive that green mage.

Celica can also take out the manakete at the end but I really felt like I should show Micaiah off. She might not have done any fighting, but her drive defense was essential for helping Marisa secure her first kill.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice! Naga's refine didn't get the chance to shine much but Julia herself was the star. I like the 8 Res S!Cordelia, it's funny to see units with single digit stats for some reason. That Azura though, she really brings OP utility (I hope she wins A Hero Rises 2 if it happens, she'd be great for that annoying Garon map). 

@mampfoid B!Lucina is a unit you don't see every day. I used mine as a support for so long that I forgot that she has a very nice offensive spread, good news you showed that she's more than capable of doing GF strats. The clear was as clean as always, congrats!

About my clear, it actually was a blind clear. The two signs of me doing one are that the map has the "!" symbol and that if I take more than one attempt to beat it, the clear will look cleaner because I get muscle memory from all the previous failures

@kirauza343 I could feel also those OHKOs from Marisa and Cherche. Your girls are certainly strong and sturdy as always and they steamrolled this map with easy. Very good!

Since the map didn't come with reinforcements, it was fun. The infernal took me a few tries, but with good offense it was only a matter of positioning.

Now we have 3 worthy F2P fliers, after Eir and Aversa.

12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Cool how you made Roy nearly solo this map, congrats! 

Would he one-shot Naesala with Wrath?

Thats a very good question. I am considering giving the skill to Roy so I might be able to check it out if I decide to do so.

10 hours ago, Landmaster said:

first clear was nice, Seliph always impresses and it was cool how well the team worked together~

Roy clear was awesome, though~ Surprised he wasn't running Fury since he went on a total rampage~ That I wasn't expecting~ That Steady Breath Ignis was amazing to watch, great job!~

They make for a good combo. Morgan's debuffs/buffs help Seliph out a little and Lucina can use her wings of mercy pretty easily if Seliph survives at one hp. Julia just hits things hard which also helps.

Thanks and I was not really expecting that either.

9 hours ago, Baldrick said:

@mampfoid I thought you were talking about bow Lucina and I got really hyped. Still, nice work as always.

Thanks!

I've already used L!Lucina in clears and probably will again. Too bad she can't learn GF, Future vision is near enough though.

8 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoid A little surprised to see BH!Lucina but she did her job well. Congrats! 

I also tried to start my clear by taking down the blue dragon but she was too bulky on the magical side with Dull Ranged.

Thanks!

Yeah, dull skills are hard to get around. Hope I won't see dull close in Abyssal maps. 

Btw: I updated your new name in the list already months ago. 

8 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

It’s nice to see Brave Lucina in here! I feel like Cherche is just made for taking out Naesala. Legendary Hector being reduced to just a cheerleader/smiter is kinda hilarious

Yeah, Hector is great support. I consider giving him some chill skills. Cherche is great too, she solo'd the last water map today.

Slept long on Lucina, have to make up for that now.

8 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

This wasn’t too bad, just had to swap a few skills to make sure Cherche could survive that green mage

Wow, Cherche even one-shots Naesala. Marisa tanks everything, would have been interesting to see her against Naesala.

Congrats! 

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

The clear was as clean as always, congrats!

About my clear, it actually was a blind clear. The two signs of me doing one are that the map has the "!" symbol and that if I take more than one attempt to beat it, the clear will look cleaner because I get muscle memory from all the previous failures

Thanks! Yeah Lucina is awesome, I always felt I could make more of her SPD boon. 

Yeah the "!" sign. Congrats on the blind clear then!

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Naesala in one turn:

Nearly forgot to post my own video. First time BH!Lucina, I had fun with her in recent TTs (my blue unit for Flashing Blade seal). Was too lazy to try Raven after I had the clear ready with Cherche.

I guess you found your way to "Wie man ein Huhn schröpft" (or in this case Raven) lol

Naesala infernal vs Askrtiro and Eir.

1x3* skill inheritance (repo on Sharena). Veronica got benched because well... Guidance was on this map much much much much more helpfull then any of her nuking, buffing or healing abilitys.

Okay, so here we go with the rest.

@Sasori Sorry for not commenting on your clears earlier. I must have skipped over them while scrolling. Could you tag me for the next ones? 

As for the clears themselves: That was a great showing from Seliph to put the naysayers into place. His refine proved extremely useful in letting him tank hits that would have otherwise killed him. Everyone else just had to do a bit of clean up. Good Job! Also, is this going to become your new standard sibling team or will we see Takumi and Sakura again in the future?

Roy was simply insane. Nothing got past him and he never even got much more than a few scratches. It was fun seeing Ignis activate so many times. He only needed a bit of help at the very end, otherwise this was pretty much a solo. Congrats!

@mampfoid Really excited to see more Lucina soon. And thanks, yeah Naesala probably wasn't too happy when he saw all the archers approaching. haha

@kirauza343  This looked fun! More Ignis destruction with Marisa. (+5 already? How time flies..) Cherche did a good job surviving the mage and then venting her frustration out on both him and Naesala. Micaiah just had to take out the last dragon and that was a wrap on this very effective clear! Well done! 

And now for the showing:

@mcsilas @Zeo @ruruo @Azuris @Landmaster @daisy jane

Music: Ruriair - Umineko 

That blue dragon with DD, Dull Ranged and Dark Breath was really intent on preventing my Sakura's rampage. It's like the devs put him there just for me... Oh well, this just gave the rest of the team more opportunity to show off. Sakunyan was a lot more offensive than usual and Kinoka took out both the red dragon and Naesala himself. The guy can really count himself lucky his blue dragon buddy was with him or else Sakura would have been the one to snuff him. This way he at least has the excuse that it was an archer who brought him down, but just you wait... I even managed to give OG!Hinoka a kill at the end, and it was pretty satisfying to finally get rid of the blue bastard. He was more annoying than most armours. Anyway, it was still a pretty simple set up overall. 

And now for something special:

Music: Justice - Umineko

With Reyson finally in the game, I was able to do this at last. A clear using my top 4 favourite characters in the entire series, hence the title. they are all stars in my eyes It's a bit awkward having three of them be colourless, but at least I was able to diversify in the weapon department. Sakunyan proved to be the MVP of this clear, because my Sakuras tend to be wild I guess. I am most proud of getting Reyson to take out Naesala. Best birb deserved it. I don't hate Naesala by any means, I just think the games let him off to easily for the most part. Still loving the Atk/Spd seal. The blue dragon once again made it to the end, but he hindered me less this go around. I don't know yet if I'll do these clears more often, since the team isn't too well balanced and Reyson isn't able to unleash his full potential when surrounded by all these beorc. (And here I was hoping to trick him into thinking Sakunyan was a cat laguz, but nooo)

Anyway, I am really happy I pulled this off though. This game is most fun when using favourites! 

Very impressive clears, everyone. Those of you who do one-turn or solo clears never cease to impress me.

Here's my clear. Nothing too impressive since they're all Premium units. Just the lovey ladies of Nohr and Hoshido get to show off (even if Corrin didn't get to do much).

@Nanima

The Takumis really dominated this map. They used their flier to take out the enemy leader and then ambushed the enemy team in the forest after the mountain, taking everyone but the flier out in a single turn, after which you had pretty much won. Well done.

Princess clear was also great even though Sakura didn't get to take down the boss in one battle, but little Dagger Sakura did really get to shine here with some archer support. Also the draw back was really good because you anticipated Naesala's transformation and increased range. At the end it was really nice to finally see the annoying blue dragon go down. Good clear, good job.

And yay special clear, it's always best to use your favorites, so I am happy for you that they are all in the game now. But while I appreciate it, please don't feel you have to do all three clears from now on, do what you are comfortable and have fun with and don't put pressure on yourself. So Sakura seems to be the star again and now with a singer on your team you could use your positioning skills to full advantage to barely get hit at all. And even though I don't know what it is with Reyson and Naesala, it's good you got your special objective done as well.

Very nice clears altogether, thanks for showing us and well done.

19 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Landmaster Seems your royals also didn't have much trouble with this fight! I was a bit surprised you put Leo in Naesala's path, since I briefly forgot he hadn't transformed yet. Sunkumi tanked the mage before proceeding to delete Naesala off the map. Leo took out the red dragon and Elise most of the blues. But Sakunyan killing the last two units, even tanking one, was definitely the most impressive for me. Congrats! 

Anyway, off to mine:

@mcsilas @Azuris @Sasori @Zeo @kirauza343 @ruruo

Music: 1. Prison (STRIP) - from Umineko. No, I have no idea what the STRIP stands for.

This battle was pretty simple for me overall. Just had to get a few details down first. I originally planned on humiliating Naesala by taking him out via mochi, but since I was short on time today, I figured shooting him before he could do anything was the next best thing.  Skadikumi played a more passive role this time, only tanking the red dragon once and having Skadi's effect go off. Originally the green mage went after him, but switched to Nyakumi once I equipped Vantage. Then he couldn't quite take out the red dragon at the end, which could have been fixed with a seal, but because of the limited time, I decided to just go with this method. The rest of the clean up posed no major problems. I was very surprised that there weren't any reinforcements, since all GHBs since Garon had them. Not complaining though, since it makes it easier to mess around.

Princess clear tomorrow like always. I also plan another kind of clear from here on, which has become possible now that Reyson has been added to the game. Hope you look forward to it!

Thanks! Takumi managed that tank even with his -Res, and I needed that Glimmer for Naesala, so he put in quite a bit of work here~ It did take a couple tries to make sure Sakura didn't take any prior damage so she could easily handle that last Sword Cav~ Leo getting his Specials timed appropriately is really what he needs for these clears, haha~

Your Sunkumi didn't even need a Special, Naesala is gone in a second~ OG!Takumi doesn't give anyone any chance to attack and same for Nyakumi, I love when he gets to get an extra kill here and there~ Skadkumi still ended up being useful with Skadi's effect in the beginning making everything else from them pretty easy, nice!

19 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'll try to integrate her from time to time. My GF squad is growing though, Naesala himself is a good blue GF candidate (can't ever remember his name lol). 

I will be here for Galeforce Naesala shenanigans~~ 

Just call him Bird Daddy

16 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

This wasn’t too bad, just had to swap a few skills to make sure Cherche could survive that green mage.

Celica can also take out the manakete at the end but I really felt like I should show Micaiah off. She might not have done any fighting, but her drive defense was essential for helping Marisa secure her first kill.

Can't say I expected Marisa's double Ignis right off the bat~ Your clears have really shown me how tanky she is. Cherche easily gets rid of Naesala and nice to see Micaiah at the end~ Great job!

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

And now for the showing:

Music: Ruriair - Umineko 

That blue dragon with DD, Dull Ranged and Dark Breath was really intent on preventing my Sakura's rampage. It's like the devs put him there just for me... Oh well, this just gave the rest of the team more opportunity to show off. Sakunyan was a lot more offensive than usual and Kinoka took out both the red dragon and Naesala himself. The guy can really count himself lucky his blue dragon buddy was with him or else Sakura would have been the one to snuff him. This way he at least has the excuse that it was an archer who brought him down, but just you wait... I even managed to give OG!Hinoka a kill at the end, and it was pretty satisfying to finally get rid of the blue bastard. He was more annoying than most armours. Anyway, it was still a pretty simple set up overall. 

And now for something special:

Music: Justice - Umineko

With Reyson finally in the game, I was able to do this at last. A clear using my top 4 favourite characters in the entire series, hence the title. they are all stars in my eyes It's a bit awkward having three of them be colourless, but at least I was able to diversify in the weapon department. Sakunyan proved to be the MVP of this clear, because my Sakuras tend to be wild I guess. I am most proud of getting Reyson to take out Naesala. Best birb deserved it. I don't hate Naesala by any means, I just think the games let him off to easily for the most part. Still loving the Atk/Spd seal. The blue dragon once again made it to the end, but he hindered me less this go around. I don't know yet if I'll do these clears more often, since the team isn't too well balanced and Reyson isn't able to unleash his full potential when surrounded by all these beorc. (And here I was hoping to trick him into thinking Sakunyan was a cat laguz, but nooo)

Anyway, I am really happy I pulled this off though. This game is most fun when using favourites! 

First the Princesses, another mini Sakura rampage with OG and Sakunyan, not much that can stop them (though the Manakete tried). Kinoka took down the fliers with ease (just 1 HP shy of one-shotting Naesala with Luna). OG!Hinoka managed to get rid of that blue nuisance who stalled her own death long enough~ Nice~

I was excited for the special clear and it didn't disappoint! (So, is Sunkumi your favorite Taku alt?). Onto the clear, Sakunyan rampaging shouldn't be a surprise at  this point. Though her killing the Fafnir was one I wasn't expecting, her Glacies is never to be slept on. Reyson makes a nice debut, even Naesala's extra movement can't match him keeping everyone out of harm's way and he ends up dropping to the heron in the end~ Also nice to see Maribelle get the last clear. Even if Sakunyan hasn't fully unleashed her inner Laguz, I'll look forward to seeing more of these four if you ever use them again~

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Very impressive clears, everyone. Those of you who do one-turn or solo clears never cease to impress me.

Here's my clear. Nothing too impressive since they're all Premium units. Just the lovey ladies of Nohr and Hoshido get to show off (even if Corrin didn't get to do much).

An Alt theme team, nice~ Hinoka really shined here, not surprising with so many fliers but even Azura got herself a couple kills here~ Nice work!

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i liked both clears @Nanima
(and i agree it is more fun when you can use favs!)

Thanks! (We all know it's true~)

@Azuris

Yes, the Takumis were really able to enjoy themselves on this map. I never thought bringing the exact same weapon on three different units could end up being so effective.

Thanks. Yeah, Sakura could have totally taken down Naesala if she hadn't been hit by Dark Breath, so that was a little frustrating. Still, Sakunyan took over her duties of murdering anyone who looked at them funny. Yeah, taking added range into account is pretty vital for things like dancers and now birbs. Believe me, I was ecstatic to deak with that annoying dragon at the end. Good riddance.

Thank you. Yeah I definitely don't plan to stress myself out over getting them to clear every map. It's just a fun little thing that I've been hoping to one to day accomplish. Fun fact, if the game let us use 5 units at a time, Tibarn would be here as well, and the overall balance would improve (also my problem with fragility). Since that's not happening though, positioning remains key in keeping my guys alive through it all. The things between Reyson and Naesala is... well I don't want to spoil, but it involves something of a human rights violation (albeit with some extenuating circumstances), so I felt Reyson deserved to take a shot at him here.  

@Landmaster Pretty impressive of Taku then. Keeping Sakura out of harms way, yet still at the front certainly seemed pretty difficult. Life as a special killer is definitely a harsh mistress on poor Summer!Leo.

This time was more of a kitty rampage, but I am glad OG!Sakura still managed to be useful. Kinoka and Hinoka both managed to play a bigger role here, although Hinoka herself was probably itching to kill the blue dragon ever since she saw it tank Sakura. 

Thanks! Sunkumi is probably my favourite alt, though I also picked him for his overall strength and utility. Sakunyan definitely cleaned house this go around. Giving her that dagger still remains one of my better decisions. I am glad I was able to show off Reyson so well here. He surprised even me with how he took out Naesala from full HP. Maribelle is near and dear to my heart, though I don't find many opportunities to use her (what with having 4 cav healers), so I felt it was important to include her here and let her wreck things. Hope to use these guys again in the future!   

@Nanima. Sure thing. I will tag you from now on. Will be doing so for the eventual team Sherena clear too. As for the sibling team? I think that will depend on the battle/mood. So the hoshidan siblings should reurn eventually.

Nice work on the team star clear. It was surprising that Reyson of all people doubled and killed neasala.

Sakura seems a lot more flexible too with a non default dagger.

Edited by Sasori

Phew got a lot to catch up on.

@Nanima Takumi (all four) surely dominated this map. As soon as the flying version stepped in, I could hear Naesala regretting life decisions. Short and sweet with a mochi on the side. I do find it weird the Fafnir had Hit and Run since it makes it easier for archers to finish it off next turn. The blue dragon's Aegis couldn't save it from Quadkumi though!

Too bad about OG Sakura not rampaging wrathfully but I like how the rest of the team shined! Kinoka just deletes fliers while Kitty Sakura held her own pretty well with her razor sharp shuriken.

So Cat Emblem team with Neko Sakura when all the laguz cats come in? Nice third clear as well, Neko Sakura held on the chokepoint pretty well and it's nice to see Reyson get revenge and make full use of his colour (there were a lot of blues after all).

@mampfoid Way to go on Lucina's debut! As soon as I saw Smite, I was going to enjoy the clear, and your usual fliers just dominated the map.

@Landmaster Your units look a little cold in a snow map but that didn't bother them! Leo got to flex his Res muscles (?) and didn't fear the flying dragon. Was a bit sacred for Sakura facetanking the swordie but her nice Speed made her survive.

@Alexmender Once again Eirika chokes a point and shrugs off enemies at the start. Seeing a paltry 9 damage from the blue manakete is pretty satisfying, the amount of blue units didn't bother her really but I'm impressed she only took 9 damage from Blazing Wind and hung on to heal herself back up.

@daisy jane Nice to see Minerva, I love her special quotes! Eir eats this map up with her Res, but you just went straight for Naesala first thing! Had to chuckle at Elincia's overkill at the 1 HP cav.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Julia just showed everyone who was boss..or priest? Gray Waves is crazy, and makes forests as bit easier to deal with. That 97 damage from Cordelia was satisfying.

@Zeo @NegativeExponents- @Azuris @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria

So it's nice to have a break from reinforcements, since I don't have to worry too much about team power and have more interesting team matchups.

Here is a fun Raven/Crow theme team!

Team is neutral Naesala, neutral Ursula, +Spd/-Res Halloween Henry and +Atk/-Res Raven.

Music is Wheeling Corby (Naesala's Battle Theme) from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

So Ursula is the Blue Crow, Henry has a lot of raven friends (it's even in his art!), Naesala is a Raven laguz and well Raven is....self-explanatory (I should have given him Black Wings!)

-I wanted to use the Raven tomes for Ursula/Henry but they are a bit underpowered with their low might so I had to resort to blade tomes. Henry needed QR to quickly deal with the Owl tom flier since she is really speedy with those Owl boosts. I'm kind of impressed a 4 star Ursula barely survived going against the Fafnir though.

-Naesala's beast movement is going to be really useful with that extra movement. Not quite sure how to build him yet, maybe Galeforce in the future but then he won't say special lines. Until then, vanilla Naesala works just fun.

-Raven is a beast as always and provides some offensive firepower for the team since those dragons have some annoying Res stats.

-----

Next is a Wind Emblem team!

Music is Banquet of Nature (Nakoruru's theme) from Samurai Shodown.

Naesala uses wind attacks in the Tellius games, Lewyn is a wind mage, Takumi has a wind-themed bow and Lyn was our first Wind Legendary Hero and has a connection with Wind and Plains.

-So this map was made for archers. Naesala's colour just begged to be sniped by a green archer...which is one of my main alternate clears but I thought this clear was the most entertaining. In that clear, Lyn even held the chokepoint to tank the blue dragon and the Brave Lance cav, having colour advantage sure can be handy at times, but even then, an alternate ending for this video had Lyn do the final shot with her special agains the red Fafnir with no problem. She and Lewyn were mostly support for this clear but also used their colour advantage to help whittle down the blue dragon when needed.

-Naesala needs a Res boost to survive the blue dragon (or alternately, Close Def).

-Speaking of archers, Vantage Takumi strikes back! Very satisfying to see him decimate the fliers, especially with a Brazen Boost. Too bad Naesala hadn't discovered the Hardy Bearing SS (maybe in a future Abyssal map I guess).

---

Lastly, here is an Ice Siblings themed clear!

Team is +Res/-Atk Flora, +Spd/-Def Felicia, neutral Hrid and +HP/-Def Ylgr

Music is Triumphantly from the King of Fighters XI soundtrack.

-Ever noticed how these characters are Ice-themed and have siblings? Also, how our permanent coloured daggers so far hail from the land of boring, boring, boring snow?

-Debuffs are fun. Even more fun when Hrid's weapon takes full advantage of the Chills/Debuff strats! Now you may be thinking, why QR on Hrid if his weapon already has omnibreaker when debuffed? Well this is more to prevent the sword cav from attacking him, Hrid needed all those Def combat boosts to survive the sword cav should he attack, while QR is there to scare the swordie away pretty much. 

-Really impressed with Flora, even with a bad -Atk bane. Her Res is humongous and great for ploys. Plus, because the dragon breaths aren't refined, she could just ignore the blue manakete for a while despite colour disadvantage (her Spd is lacking though so she can't take too many hits). In fact, I think her Atk bane was useful, since it meant Naesala was further away while the swordie survived with 3 HP, delaying his assault whenever Naesala gets the chance to transform.

-Felicia's power was a lot weaker than her sister, but her Draw Back support was really crucial in the second half.

On 14.1.2019 at 10:09 AM, Sasori said:

Sure thing. I will tag you from now on. Will be doing so for the eventual team Sherena clear too. As for the sibling team? I think that will depend on the battle/mood. So the hoshidan siblings should reurn eventually.

Nice work on the team star clear. It was surprising that Reyson of all people doubled and killed neasala.

Sakura seems a lot more flexible too with a non default dagger.

Thanks! Looking forward to that Sharena clear! Also good to hear the Hoshidan siblings will probably make a comback at some point.

Yeah, I was surprised myself when he managed that, but then he has a Spd boon and was surrounded by speed buffs, so that helped. 

She definitely is. I do love the kitty paddle, but when there's only one mage around it's kind of pointless to use.

22 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Takumi (all four) surely dominated this map. As soon as the flying version stepped in, I could hear Naesala regretting life decisions. Short and sweet with a mochi on the side. I do find it weird the Fafnir had Hit and Run since it makes it easier for archers to finish it off next turn. The blue dragon's Aegis couldn't save it from Quadkumi though!

Too bad about OG Sakura not rampaging wrathfully but I like how the rest of the team shined! Kinoka just deletes fliers while Kitty Sakura held her own pretty well with her razor sharp shuriken.

So Cat Emblem team with Neko Sakura when all the laguz cats come in? Nice third clear as well, Neko Sakura held on the chokepoint pretty well and it's nice to see Reyson get revenge and make full use of his colour (there were a lot of blues after all).

Yeah, they left Naesala pretty open for any flying archer to come in and cream him. There are only three in the game so far, but I found it odd that Intsys didn't account for that. Same with the Fafnir, although it did help the Green Flier with sweeping Nyakumi on my first run through, so maybe that was the intention. As soon as the merge update hits, my Quadkumi will be a lot more consistent too!

Yeah, it was kind of a shame to be cockblocked like that, but at least some good came out of it. Very proud of Sakunyan continuing her original's work.

And there is another idea haha I bet Reyson is stocked that he has colour superiority over both Naesala and Oliver. Excited to use him again when the latter is added to the rerun.~

Here is a fun Raven/Crow theme team!

What a fun theme! I also appreciate that you added in Wheeling Corby for the music. It should have been there in the first place imo. Otherwise, your clear looked like a great time. Naesala and Raven sweeped, while Henry worked hard to get the kills. Ursula was a bit underpowered, but she still ended up being useful. Congrats!

Next is a Wind Emblem team!

It's so great to see someone else using OG!Takumi again. His original infamous build really shined through here, especially when taking out Naesala. Your version also took out some real annoyances on the map. Impressed to see Lewyn tank the Fafnir Dragon so well. He and Lyn were really great for support, although they were perfectly capable of doing more when pressed too. Still, Takumi being the mvp for this map is the true hightlight for me!

Lastly, here is an Ice Siblings themed clear!

Nice debuffing going on here. Reminds me of my AR runs with Hrid. He can be really effective with those things going on alone. Flora holding the chokepoint was excellent. Even with increased movement, Naesala wasn't able to get around her. Ylgr and Felicia were more focused on support at first, but became deadlier in the endgame. Nice work!

@mcsilas Naesala certainly seems fun to use. A 3 mov flier is nothing to joke about and you made the most out of it in your first two clears. 

For the first one I'd say H!Henry did the heavy lifting with all the tanking he had to do, but Ursula also had to take a heavy hit in order to let the team survive. Raven focused more on cleaning up but finishing Naesala in one hit was pretty cool.

I really liked the second clear because it shows those classic combos like CC+Vantage Takumi and how they're still quite good despite it being almost 2 years since they were created. L!Lyn is also a unit you barely see in clears (certainly because she's outclassed by her the Brave version) so it was nice to see her in action.

The last clear was also fun, while I'm not too big on Hrid, he's certainly is strong with his debuff based Omnibreaker and who's better to enable it than the Ice tribe sisters. Felicia didn't do a lot action wise but her contributions were very important in order to keep everyone safe, on the other hand Flora focused on dealing as much damage as she could but lacked in support (funny considering how they're meant to be the opposite in Fates). I also liked to see that Ylgr can be quite strong, mine is exclusively a Spd Tactic/Chill Spd bot and never sees combat.

- - - - - - - 

So, I wanted to do some silly stuff in this map but I couldn't decide in any sort of theme so I went for the boring option. Despite the banner being a RD one, this GHB is based on PoR and that makes it more fitting to be cleared by PoR units. I was going to do a Greil Mercenaries clear but Oscar is too frail and needs a lot of investment in order to do it (why are you like that Oscar? It was the same when I played PoR and you refused to increase your Str forcing me to bench you)

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mcsilas Naesala certainly seems fun to use. A 3 mov flier is nothing to joke about and you made the most out of it in your first two clears. 

For the first one I'd say H!Henry did the heavy lifting with all the tanking he had to do, but Ursula also had to take a heavy hit in order to let the team survive. Raven focused more on cleaning up but finishing Naesala in one hit was pretty cool.

I really liked the second clear because it shows those classic combos like CC+Vantage Takumi and how they're still quite good despite it being almost 2 years since they were created. L!Lyn is also a unit you barely see in clears (certainly because she's outclassed by her the Brave version) so it was nice to see her in action.

The last clear was also fun, while I'm not too big on Hrid, he's certainly is strong with his debuff based Omnibreaker and who's better to enable it than the Ice tribe sisters. Felicia didn't do a lot action wise but her contributions were very important in order to keep everyone safe, on the other hand Flora focused on dealing as much damage as she could but lacked in support (funny considering how they're meant to be the opposite in Fates). I also liked to see that Ylgr can be quite strong, mine is exclusively a Spd Tactic/Chill Spd bot and never sees combat.

- - - - - - - 

So, I wanted to do some silly stuff in this map but I couldn't decide in any sort of theme so I went for the boring option. Despite the banner being a RD one, this GHB is based on PoR and that makes it more fitting to be cleared by PoR units. I was going to do a Greil Mercenaries clear but Oscar is too frail and needs a lot of investment in order to do it (why are you like that Oscar? It was the same when I played PoR and you refused to increase your Str forcing me to bench you)

Great as always!