FE3 Book 2 Reversed Recruitment LP

Robert Stewart

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should I use Abel or Rody in the final chapters?

Time for another desert map, huzzah!

Chapter 2-11:

Spoiler

vf4tilS.png
T8mIKwz.png
Lotsa sand and bones. I think the tower is the Thabes tower, the same place we fought Gharnef at in Book 1?

NiJQaYD.pngxUMNPWJ.png
This chapter introduces Wyverns as enemies! They have capped move and sly, so they can be somewhat scary here. I seem to recall in FE12 they're quite fast, but here like all other dragons they have 0 speed.

5zVF6XG.png
Also introduced here are Barbarians. Oh, sorry "Barbarans." They're more or less "promoted" axe dudes, but axe dudes all the same. High attack, high bulk, but negligible Speed or Skill. Like other enemy axe classes, they're weak to the lady sword.

The "boss" of the chapter is just a Wyvern, but there's also this guy hanging around:
BfEqESA.png
Yes, the original Berserker class was enemy only and used swords. He's holding the Master sword, which is basically a better killing edge.

As a class the Berserker is basically just a hero with a unique map sprite. with this being the only Berserker in the game, it makes you wonder what the point of including the class was....

kBCisVY.png
Thar be treasure in these sands! This was the original desert map with hidden treasure, so if you've played any game that had a map like this, you can thank this game for "inspiring" that.

FE12 made it so that anyone could grab the treasures, but here only thieves have a 100% chance to grab them.

ylZLCes.png
Merric can take out the Wyverns fairly easily thanks to Excalibur, though he does take quite a bit of damage.

UvP0NsH.png
I totally forgot to check the range of these guys and didn't realize they weren't affected by the desert!

9rUOT60.png
Luckily, Rickard dodges!

fj7tJ36.png22Q8OWV.png
He misses his attack on the next turn, so Merric gets the kill.

TsqaVlQ.png
The hunters are limited by the desert so they're fairly easy to take out.

a5vp8u7.pngQ52V0Od.png
The Lady Sword makes short work of these guys thanks to effective damage.

NauKCx4.png
Oops, I accidentally let Est get attacked by a wyvern. Their range is so huge it's easy to forget you even need to check it.

SUneEqm.png
I actually sent Julian to grab a Speed Ring at the far southwest corner of the map, but totally forgot to actually put him on the proper tile to grab it. This will bite me later.

XIydo0I.png93hSwLr.png
Some lucky gets from Est and Tiki will save us at least some time later.

MSkOpto.png
And then Tiki de-transformed. It wasn't worth using an extra Divinestone use, so I just let her sit afterwards.

gPhPW42.pngxBmtCXO.png
Nyna couldn't one-round this guy, so Est got the kill.

Q1tLe1T.png
Lucky for us the Berserker is hindered by the desert, so units can stay just outside of his range to prepare to go after him.

9eZmEy9.pngjhzXTzP.png
Yumina and Merric took him out pretty painlessly. I could have had Minerva try to help out, but with his Massive crit chance I didn't want to risk

OtrWqZj.pngZRZMhtN.png
The boss also goes don fairly easily.

lg5cHQT.png
Feena grabbed the Power Ring here after dancing Yumina, which was unexpected.

80kqiaM.png
Secret shop time! Lots of the next few maps have secret shops, actually. Wonder how much business Anna does out here.

That aside, the Rapier is pretty useless to us, but I did buy a few Wyrmslayers and Armorslayers.  The Wyrmslayers will be especially useful.

mR6CC38.png
And at this point I realized I had actually missed the Speed Ring. I sent Julian down, but also Est and Nyna to hopefully luck into grabbing it.

xKdUyC3.png
And they did. Huzzah!

rLAcfxL.png
Probably could have done 15 if I didn't forget the Speed Ring earlier. >_>

Stat Update:

Spoiler

wtjXjy4.pngtef6FzB.png1j1vlS8.png
QhmTCqR.pngfumohF7.pngvMNA3Nz.png
mrrgL6J.pngaEq9JhP.pngmF5Qv0A.png
Tiki finally capped here. Her stats are a bit misleading as she's not transformed - she'll actually have 20 strength as a Divine Dragon, though she'll only have 18 as a Fire Dragon, so maybe she'll get the power ring.

See y'all next time.

Back again!

Chapter 2-12:

Spoiler

YoMNytq.png
TMNJ7yl.png
Things are really heating up  around here. :3

Bringing Matthis along for the first time, let's see how it goes.

Zmw7YFI.png
Our "boss" has identical stats  to all the other fire dragons on this map.

XbHNv4x.pngBq0Vr7g.png
Didn't get screenshots of it, but Matthis and  Nyna got some statboosters to chug.

HC446Ji.pngkLyaiDv.png
Samson takes the first dragon out easily enough.

6viMv8r.png
I forgot reinforcements come form these first on my first try at this map and had to reset. >_>

Barbarians can come from the outer forts, and dragons from the middle. All with random appearance rates.

lF5ptTP.pngN3axvAR.png
The Wyverns and Axe dudes approach, but the fire dragons need to be baited.

pGVlnlv.png
Did I mention Blizzard is effective against fire dragons? Well, it is in any case.

d7gRxxz.png
Had everybody bunch up here just out of range of the wyverns.

U1l9JR7.png
Afterwards, taking them down is pretty easy.

dFtiuna.pnghXKe500.pngzuzlzFf.png
I sent Matthis ahead to kill the dragon here, but since he's in range off another dragon he actually ended up needing two physic uses to be safe.

The sad thing is because I got Matthis after the HP bug, he's probably significantly better than a lot of my units due to not being OHKO'd by the Fire Dragons here.

BI3I86D.png
This upper area is outdoor so mounted classes can actually mount here.

FXm6NRi.pngtFyZZYx.pngS1Ni3bT.png
Matthis missed here. >_>

Luckily Est was around to help out, and Elrean could patch him up with only one Physic use.

wXif9Ev.pngSent Est over to open this chest. Weirdly chests are considered indoor terrain, so Est had to dismount to open it.

WMuHeDQ.png
We cleared out most of the non-boss enemies just in time for the trail of reinforcements to get to us.

tAi4sjv.png
And Matthis takes out the boss. Luckily, he didn't miss this time.

akHYzgP.png
And we have our last Star Shard. This ones kinda lame honestly, it just slightly bumps HP, Luck, Defense, and resistance growths by 10% each I guess it's a counterpart to Aquarius, except Aquarius is more useful.

AWH3b6v.png
Could have finished on Turn 13 or so, but I wanted to take out a FE more reinforcements.

KHcfnpZ.png0rGEJNW.png
Actually ended up sending units all the way back here, so the starting area being indoors actually became relevant again.

54bUai0.pngdWGyVuW.png
There were two guys left, but I ended on turn 15 in any case.

Stat Update:

Spoiler

MppN7Vc.png8hnJgmL.pngtJv2yPp.png
k6nDIx1.pngH8kK0D5.pngRC9ygbZ.png
KUGqAGM.pngeE9aL47.pngeRiSNeB.png
cPRwVWY.png
Because of not having as many movement restrictions and everyone more or less keeping together, we were actually able to make some more effective use of the star shards to get some decent levels all around.

Fun fact- while I was writing this update there was some kind of momentary drop in power and my computer shut off! Luckily, I didn't lose what I had written. Hopefully that doesn't happen again. >_>

Edited by Robert of Normandy

Last chapter things got a bit heated, I think it's time to chill off.

Chapter 2-13:

Spoiler

z6dn8Hi.png
iS0B4kR.png
:p

I remember hearing a fan theory while ago that the Wyverns being here combined with something in the Dart/Farina support in FE7 was supposed to indicate that the Akaenia and Elibe games occurred in parallel dimensions. Or something. Dunno if that's true or not, I'm not super up on modern FE lore.

PF86FEA.png
Another generic boss. Apparently they couldn't be bothered to even get a different palette for the Ice Dragon portrait.

Ice Dragons are basically Fire Dragons except they're effective against Fire Dragons, where Fire Dragons (and anything else with a fire breath) are effective against Ice Dragons. Oh, and ice dragons can cross rivers, which is relevant here.

YHk2DDB.pngP7fOtCI.png
Spilling up for the first bit. Brought Tiki along because Fire Breath is effective against the Ice Dragons. On the downside, Ice breath is effective against her as a Fire Dragon, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

XALSV5C.pngveUze0H.png
Minerva can actually oneshot these axe dudes with the Lady Sword, so she makes pretty quick work of this group here.

Also, you can spot the group of Ice dragons around the boss moving forward. Luckily the two wyverns and all the axe dudes won't move unless you enter their range.

wXy2SjB.pngiq9S5Kh.pngSwpZLFz.png
The remaining axe dudes go down pretty easily.

QNNxUkv.pngWY3yp3w.png
Ice Dragons spawn here with a 30% chance. FE12 added a second fort and I think eliminated the RNG  reinforcements, but luckily we only have to deal with one reinforcement occasionally.

NwWPLZ4.png
Wow that's a lot of money. Really should have thought of putting that in a secure location instead of, y'know, completely out in the open. :v

RXu2gpm.pngBlpszk5.png
Taking out the Ice dragons after they get to us.

LFUNRfG.pngDrazsW1.png
Matthis missed a ORKO. >_>

In his defense, he was on a forest, so that probably was to be expected.

R39sSsc.png
Baiting out the right wyvern with Elrean. Need these guys cleared out so Elice can safely trudge to the gate.

lNRIGhz.png
Castor gets his promotion bump! Probably could have waited, but I needed the extra movement so he could get to the left wyvern quicker.

61AadUa.png
Tiki has 18 def as a Fire Dragon, and since dragons are immune to the devence negating effect of dragon breath, the wyvern here wasn't baited. :V

TTw2Khc.pngNKvNMEU.pngfN2fiNg.png
I brought Est up to bait since Castor was taking to long, just in time for an ice dragon to spawn. >_>

Luckily it worked out, though!

315slWT.png
Est blocks the reinforcements, so once the two other guys are dead the path will be clear for Elice.

1Z5yhiL.pngTANPPfZ.png
And down they go. I noticed here the Wyvverns actually have more HP than the Ice Dragons, which seems a bit odd to me, but whatever.

IuJOKWB.png
Can't say no to another one of these, I guess.

XILOrFP.png
And the boss goes down in one hit!

Ee7NjA7.png
Feena and Ricard can also cross the rivers here, FYI. Luckily, hypothermia doesn't appear to exist in FE3, so we can cross these freezing rivers with no ill effects! :D

B82ANSD.png
Time for more "me learning random stuff about FE3 during this playthrough!" Did you know that you can press A on the status screen in Book 2 to see a checklist of the star shards and various spheres that you need to collect for the story? I didn't, until this playthrough! :D

lljOWLw.png
:eyes emoji:

dfeLUoZ.pngbhDP3Lt.png
Time for shopping! Bough several physics, shavers, killer lances, and one killer bow.

uTL8u24.png
Minerva reached level 20 so not much point in waiting to promote her.

Nmak4EV.png
And now Elice will get to the seize point slightly less slowly. Huzzah!

tSOMm9Y.png

Not bad.

Stat Update:

Spoiler

S5Rp9ss.pngSNECrLB.pngAsvMRN6.png
wqrobtJ.pngRkITLDB.png1hw8nZs.png
aC0YfVS.pngF1sZLJZ.png
A few more promotions, but otherwise not much new.

Next time, FE3 sticks to a level theme for the first time in a while! See you then.

3 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Another generic boss. Apparently they couldn't be bothered to even get a different palette for the Ice Dragon portrait.

And disappointing is them and Mage Dragons sharing a model, but Fire Dragons and Divines were forced to share one too, so the loss cuts two ways.

I'm also a little disappoint only these two consecutive battles have Ice Dragons, but hey, FDs only appear at the Flame Barrel in B2 (IIRC), which is even worse. IDs are, pardon the bad and obvious pun, cool.

3 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I remember hearing a fan theory while ago that the Wyverns being here combined with something in the Dart/Farina support in FE7 was supposed to indicate that the Akaenia and Elibe games occurred in parallel dimensions. Or something. Dunno if that's true or not, I'm not super up on modern FE lore.

The lines in question which led to the fan theory must have been:

Dart: Yeah, well maybe that’s because you weren’t paying attention to this bit that says “The hidden white fang…” That’s gotta be the Ilian wyvern’s…
Farina: No way. There are no wyverns in Ilia…

One might hypothesize the world beyond the Elibean Dragon's Gate is Archanea, Nils when he explains his backstory mentions:

Ninian was a medium in the other world, an oracle of sorts. She sat at the Dragon Shrine.

Said scene is accompanied by this CG:

CG27.png

Not the same as Archanea's in design, but N&N are Ice Dragons.

So far though, there is nothing save Awakening's creation of a multiverse to tie Archanea and Elibe together. Nothing that explicitly suggests Elibe's dragons wound up in Archanea.

Speaking of the LP itself, I don't get the random open air chests either. But the absence of snow in the southwest was a neat way of hinting at a Secret Shop (Anna must have a heater). And the battlefield is pretty in a way.

This battle would've been fairly quicker with Marth as the main, since he can water-walk. Although that the main pack Ices can and do come after you from turn 1 makes destroying the bulk of the enemies in this battle fairly fast.

I didn't realize that key items checklist either- neat to know. It'd make things seem less ultra-secretive than old games like this can be.

I've also come to think all the Devil Axe Barbarians the game throws at you, unique to FE3, were the inspiration for FE12's Legion. Legion is them rebranded into a single character, while being as numerous as they were through Anri's Way and the true final chapters. With savages as threatening as these, no wonder no civilized power considers exploiting the northern wildernesses. How do the tribes even survive?

As for Anri's Way as a whole, I like the narrative side of it, good world-building/lore. In gameplay, the Flame Barrel is my favorite if you try to run away from the reinforcements instead of fighting or blocking them, adds a thrilling chase to the battle. The Marmotoad Desert is the worst, sands make everyone sluggish (but I do like the random Master Sword), no enemy range highlighting in FE3 either makes Flying Dragons/Wyverns more annoying. Ice Dragon exterior is good, on the easier side; the interior is a heaping ton of interlocked dragon attack ranges and one big effort to slowly draw away a few of them safely before killing the rest quickly- so on the harder side.

The one issue with Anri's Way is all the battles brush aside Spd as a stat, and basically everyone gets two, three shotted at best. They're a bit lacking for enemy diversity.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Chapter 2-14:

Spoiler

GONGBLf.png
b9HshZ1.png
More ice dragons. And also some thieves. They didn't even bother giving us a generic "boss" for  this chapter.

The opening is the main challenge here, as you have to figure out how to take out the Ice Dragons without getting swarmed.

The left tower being way further away from the center really bugs me.

Fp59Zhr.pngtzdnCb7.png
The thief outside is holding the warp stave, and one of the indoor thieves holds the Guiding Ring.

2WBj4yK.png
Growths:
HP: 70% Str: 50% Skl: 80% Spd: 20% Lck: 10% Wlv: 30% Def: 20%

Press F to pay your respects.

Yeah Palla did really not turn out well here. That's a hard pass for me...

TCqg3rj.pngeVflpXb.png
Nyna, Navarre, and Samson take out the Ice dragons in the main hall pretty quick. Bolganone is actually powerful enough to one-shot the Ice Dragons, which is something to consider in a normal playthrough. Maybe I should have bought some in the secret shop last time, but then again we won't really be seeing any more ice dragons in the game.

qvks9Ne.png
On the second turn, Abel grabs us the Warp Staff.

0MgSm0U.pngVVNOHRH.pngF4HMXbm.png
Meanwhile in the main hall, it's on to taking out the thieves while trying not to aggro too many of the ice dragons.

HQXEDpv.png801GjQp.png
A lucky dodge from Samson, avoiding what could have been an unfortunate situation since this thief has aggressive AI.

yVIzKo7.png
Probably should have given this to Feena sooner so she wasn't one-shot as much.

bi33m3D.png
All that's left to do enemy-wise is slowly bait and take out the ice dragons.

AXNC6id.png
Gave Elice a Power Ring ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oajVA85.pngvVZ9Nr7.png
Promotions! There will be more to come.

cuZ7xqI.png
And Merric takes out the last dragon.

nNXussD.png
Elice gets her promotion as well!

NVewfK0.png
Now the rest of the chapter is just plotdumps. You have to stand in front of each of the towers to get them to open, which can be inconvenient.

A9L4eqJ.pngLg7jrBJ.png
Waited until all the enemies were dead because after this point we lose all out star shards. But we get these two orbs in return!

They should be familiar from Book 1-  Lightsphere negates crits, enemy terrain bonuses, and effective damage; The starsphere preserves weapon durability and boosts all growths by 30%.

djzseAQ.png
There's also this thing! It's effective against Mercenaries and Heroes, which is handy.

AfEvwka.pngr2fjlle.png
More class changes! Pretty much everyone but Merric is promoted in our main group.

FgJWFss.png
We trek over to the right and get more new blood!

Qx3u4xV.png
Growths:
HP: 40% Str: 20% Skl: 70% Spd: 60% Lck: 80% Wlv: 70% Def: 10%

Interesting that this RR puts Linde in more of a situation like in Book 1. But regardless, I think I'm good on mages, so I don't see much reason to use her...

EYKIwo4.png
And now we move to the left tower. Man this would be such a pain if I hadn't given Elice the boots...

wQEzlvR.pngSWjqQUk.png
We use our fancy new warp staff to access a secret shop with a bunch of dragonstones!

...Probably really best not to think too hard about how Anna got ahold of these. >_>

OfkOGzs.pngddOxQQm.png
More loot just before we end! The Again staff is really busted here, it's an all-range staff that refreshes all of your units. Can't imagine why other games didn't bring it back. :3

56BpMms.png
Not bad considering all the walking we had to do.

Stat Update:

Spoiler

jM6CrCE.png2VtnLGB.pngAYOSTJl.png
jzdHEe6.pngXS2Jc5u.pnge80Be9L.png
ZonZDd9.pngoWv8coF.png8I4aDC6.png
LYEG8VU.png

Everyone's looking spiffy, more or less? Castor is a bit slower that I expected, but I'm not sure he's slow enough it  will matter except against Heroes and snipers. And Elice is still pretty far behind everyone else...

See y'all next time as we start a pretty long string of almost uninterrupted reused maps!

On 3/17/2019 at 7:56 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm also a little disappoint only these two consecutive battles have Ice Dragons, but hey, FDs only appear at the Flame Barrel in B2 (IIRC), which is even worse. IDs are, pardon the bad and obvious pun, cool.

Technically there was one Fire Dragon in Chapter 7 as well, for some reason. I  guess they figured they were old hat from Book 1, and wanted to focus on variety?

2 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

The left tower being way further away from the center really bugs me.

Didn't notice the lack of symmetry before, yeah it is annoying. And all it does is force Marth/Elice to waste another turn or two.

Two possibilities to explain it:

1. The frozen lake is as a deep as Lake Baikal and therefore ancient dragonkind could not drive pylons deep enough into the ground to hit bedrock solid enough to support the temple. Note that part of the modern Roman Colosseum's outer wall is in ruins, that area but not the entire Colosseum was built over a former river, and an earthquake affecting this thus unstable ground led to the damage.
  2. Anna's family already owned the frozen lake and the land around it. Unwilling to sell, the Ice Dragons had no choice but to build around the property.

Ouch for Palla. Fortunately, Catria should be a decent prepromote in the next chapter, with a chance she might be worth replacing Abel with in the final chapter, due to possible Lady Sword ORKOs in the first section of the final battle (but's only one third of the final fight). I'm interested in seeing how Draug has turned out. When do unpromoted units promote with this mod? I'm curious whether he'd be good for bringing Gradivus in the final chapter, or if Minerva or Est should just terrorize some Flying Dragons with it in the Dragon's Dale.

Also, it looked like you bought a Flying Dragonstone. That was the kind I think I was least interested in buying, owing to the non-Move stats of Flying Dragons (or should I just call them Wyverns?) being rather low. Although to be fair, you've already used one less than half of the Divinestone, the only other one with flight.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

2WBj4yK.png
Growths:
HP: 70% Str: 50% Skl: 80% Spd: 20% Lck: 10% Wlv: 30% Def: 20%

Palla fans are just screaming right now.

12 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

wQEzlvR.pngSWjqQUk.png
We use our fancy new warp staff to access a secret shop with a bunch of dragonstones!

...Probably really best not to think too hard about how Anna got ahold of these. >_>

I assume they're just lying around in these lands, considering ho many mad dragons there are we really don't know how many manaketes just left their stones behind.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was too busy last weekend for an update, but we're back!

Chapter 2-15:

Spoiler

5kr39IR.png
Why did I bring Sheema? That's a very good question. I'm sure there's a good answer.

:v

On18fBI.png
Gosh that's a bright palette. Really contrasts the previous chapters.

No dragons for once in forever! Nice being at a point where defense matters as a stat again. :v

Also I didn't mention this for Book 1 but FE1 actually had a different layout for this area in Chapter 16, and FE11 actually used the FE3 layout instead of that one! Weird. Also probably not relevant, but I thought it was still worth pointing out.

HRk5KQb.png
Wow, we have a real boss again! A standard general, but still.

Also a new unit:

rt69NMb.png
Growths:
HP: 70% Str: 50% Skl: 50% Spd: 10% Lck: 20% Wlv: 20% Def: 20%

yeah no

2sGfVcq.png
Geez that range is concerning.

vMVZ99Z.png
Our fliers take out the bishops and one of the ballista. The Ballista here are using "Thunderbolts" which aren't effective against fliers, so I'm not too worried about them getting hurt.

XnCPhTk.png
The General in here won't move, but there's a Swarm Bishop who will attack Warren, so he needs to be moved out of range.

g5nAERe.pngI0AE62e.png
Elice ended up sweeping all of the units by the villages. It was a bit risky because both armor knights needed to miss for her to live, but with some luck and a few resets it worked out!

4zlZNbM.pngdAjzs3C.png
xFvL45k.pngRNm6P24.png
Tiki takes out the last ballista, which put her in range to take out the horseman and one of the paladins, plus the mage on the island. Meanwhile Sheema is in place to choke the point and block the remaining paladins.

wR9B19O.png
For some reason Catria didn't attack on the first turn, but did on the second. Maybe Tiki entered the range to activate her AI?

zTrwNyw.png
We vwoorp Warren over to do the only useful thing he will this whole playthrough.

PfyrLAh.png
Growths:
HP: 70% Str: 40% Skl: 80% Spd: 80% Lck: 40% Wlv: 70% Def: 20%

Not bad at all, honestly. But I think Minerva and Est both pretty much outclass her at this point.

HjTdfkG.png
Like in Book 1, we only get to visit one of these villages. The other one gives a dracoshield so I'm not sure what ever the point of visiting that one would be.

1oVcwwG.png
With the village visited the thieves kinda now just mill about and are easy pickings. Elice,  Matthis, Castor, Navarre, and Samson will be moving forward with very little difficulty.

1XbQR0Y.png
Arena time, with Est! Something weird I noticed is that when she dismounts she's treated like an unpromoted unit in the arena. Weird.

GOM7wdJ.pngudX3SW3.png
Reinforcements start after you step onto that island with the arena and shops. I think FE12 changed this to include the bottom island as well. It says "Thief" because the reinforcements include thieves from the island in the center, and the game uses the name of whatever the first unit to spawn for the whole group.

Anyway, Cain and Tiki are guarding the bridges so there's not much to worry about. The enemies barely scratch either of them.

1bi0Ydi.png
These poor javelin cavs can't even damage either of them because their attack is too low.

v0ZjrFg.png6LDiFDN.png

Sheema takes out the last paladin and takes over for Cain.

s9OTcLl.pngrenEfZ1.png
And Elice  & co finally encounter things other than thieves.

KbdnAso.png
They aren't much of a threat either, though.

TNwvjvC.png
Hey, did you know there are dragons in the arena?  Because there are.

...I wonder if this is related to how Anna got her dragonstones to sell.

YzUBJDa.png
Est actually has pretty low HP so her doing well against them is down to luck, even with support from Minevra and Abel.

vxL22pi.png
I accidentally left Elrean in range that the reinforcements could attack him, and he ended up sweeping most of them when I meant to leave most of them to level up Sheema & others. Oops.

qYdiT2b.png
Elice takes out the boss with ease.

MvQsqiM.png
There's still some enemies left with loot, so I took the time to go take care of them.

SLZTVtc.pngjzjeuiu.png
After taking out this Armor Knight, Elice also swept the Mage and Sniper on the other side. I think  in the DS games the gap is too big here for this to be viable?

vd6ph7P.pngnI0p5sL.png
Navarre and Samson team up to take out this General.

TslW6jO.png
There ended up being one guy still left, but he doesn't have any loot so it's not worth it to go over to deal with him.

Stat Update:

Spoiler

xgsbpee.pngh7l8LOP.pngxHD0Lcq.png
1dU6Xqn.png4Htm5e6.pngzah6Dbu.png
0uuQq0r.pngj5p6af8.pngLLBNeRG.png
wfFK7kW.pngEutl0wJ.png
Elice ended up making some good gains this chapter, which is nice since she didn't exactly have a great start compared to my other mages after promotion. And I got Sheema to level 20, because idk.

See y'all hopefully in less than two weeks.

On 3/24/2019 at 6:30 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm interested in seeing how Draug has turned out. When do unpromoted units promote with this mod? I'm curious whether he'd be good for bringing Gradivus in the final chapter, or if Minerva or Est should just terrorize some Flying Dragons with it in the Dragon's Dale.

I forgot and had to check my source code, but it's level 10.

On 3/24/2019 at 6:30 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, it looked like you bought a Flying Dragonstone. That was the kind I think I was least interested in buying, owing to the non-Move stats of Flying Dragons (or should I just call them Wyverns?) being rather low.

tbh I mostly just bought one of everything except a Firestone for completion. :v

On 3/25/2019 at 4:40 AM, Dayni said:

I assume they're just lying around in these lands, considering ho many mad dragons there are we really don't know how many manaketes just left their stones behind.. 

Except that the degenerated dragons are supposed to be the ones who refused to take human form. But then there's that fire dragon in Chapter 7 who had a dragonstone, so who knows.

6 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Except that the degenerated dragons are supposed to be the ones who refused to take human form. But then there's that fire dragon in Chapter 7 who had a dragonstone, so who knows.

It is confirmed in Xane's ending that he just left his dragonstone behind.

Other manaketes could have done the same.

(Others could be from already dead dragons, but that's just back to where 

PfyrLAh.png
Growths:
HP: 70% Str: 40% Skl: 80% Spd: 80% Lck: 40% Wlv: 70% Def: 20%

Not bad at all, honestly. But I think Minerva and Est both pretty much outclass her at this point.

Now Catria knows what it's like to be outclassed.

TNwvjvC.png
Hey, did you know there are dragons in the arena?  Because there are.

...I wonder if this is related to how Anna got her dragonstones to sell.

I'd forgotten how terrifying they are to just be fighting in the arena.

It probably is too. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I, uh, ended up being busy again this weekend and couldn't update. >_>

But I got this out before the end of the week, all for you, the people(?) who read this!

Chapter 2-16:

Spoiler

PIy5HwP.png
adTgX8s.png
Another familiar map. Though I have to wonder why only part of this castle  has a roof over it....

4PmNFuM.png
We've still got some plot important items to collect! This thief at the bottom has the Geosphere. It's "broken" so it isn't usable like in book 1, but it still boosts hit and crit rate for nearby units.

v6tpvv8.png
Abel grabs it on turn 1 with the help of Feena.

1LU5c6T.pngvwMDyrC.png
We vwoorp Sheena over to grab her promo item! Yes, I'm still determined to use her.

9pxEb3M.png
Opening a chest also uncovers the roof, which reveals a whole bunch of enemies.

kXoBMci.png
Instead of a dragon boss like Book 1, we get a bishop boss with a meteor tome! And flunky bishops with Swarm and Physic.

...weird thing to bring up, but why does Meteor even have a use limit when its enemy only?

rnOrDda.png
There's also these snipers, who are a bit scary.

aDJzP6G.pngVddv6tY.png
Tiki and Elrean team up to handle most of the enemies here. Thanks to a Barrier use for Elrean and Tiki's Mage Dragon stats they're both immune to being targeted by the ranged tomes. And they have enough defence that the soldiers barely scratch them.

qQP3JgR.png
Castor also helps slightly!

n1p3Ns6.png
He dodged! Enemies aren't supposed to dodge! D:

T08KnJe.pngyoIZez0.png
Sheena attracted the attention of some of the Heroes, but she only has to deal with one on this turn.

2c91aK7.png
Elice hops over to help clear out the Heroes who came down this hallway.

VyLircj.png
With her promotion Sheena achieves MAXIMUM THWOMP with capped defense. Bringing her back was totally worth it, see?

CDuXX0n.png
Elrean got a def bump and now only the Snipers can damage him. :D

OGc0I4h.png
Sheena is handling the Heroes quite well. The heroes with the swordslayer and armorslayer can't damage her (she has the lightshpere to negate effective damage), and even the ones with silver sword only do one damage at a time.

F3Tkp9n.png
Est handled the other Heroes pretty easily.

MPjXvey.png
I guess we activated an event or something and Malicia started moving. Oops.

ZSPv4fv.png4aTfHbI.png
More clearing out random dudes!

wdnbKIr.png
Baiting this Sniper with Elice was risky, but it all worked out in the end!

u5SGY3j.png
Luckily Sheena can survive a hit from Bolganone, since she takes so little damage from the other enemies.

q2yw47c.png
Hey look, Rickard helped out and killed a dude!

qNrsVZY.png
This was the only time any of the bishops attacked, and he missed. F.

ZvkfICd.png
Elice goes for the boss, and just misses the kill.

o1UVS5f.png
And this jerk undoes it. :(

h9rrn65.png
Now over here we're just stalling for Yumina to be able to recruit Malicia.

ttL4Orn.png
Even with one crit out of two, Elice can't quite get the kill.

pHbpYZa.png
Navarre gets it done instead!

KG5YKKU.png
Finally, we get to recruit Malicia.

I33xG10.png
Growths:
HP: 40% Str: 30% Skl: 20% Spd: 50% Lck: 30% Wlv: 70% Def: 10%

Nothing impressive, but she's the only one who can use the thief staff, so she might see some use because of that.

v9l9A6v.png
Feena kills the last of the bishops left.

XEngcaz.png
Could have finished a turn sooner, but I had to wait for Rickard to grab all the treasure. Oh well.

6Sumsk5.png
Still a quite quick clear, I'd say.

Stat Update:

Spoiler

my3P8RG.pngYCwzxlI.png7eQM95Y.png
QYRpbI6.pngnRuGeJL.pnguXUo6kB.png
mDepwYN.pngMem11lE.pngic6UgkV.png
Elice sudden improvement continues from the previous chapter. I guess having a bajillion movement and hogging the starsphere will do that, huh?

Rickard also looking okay considering how little I've used him.

As noted before Sheena has achieved MAXIMUM THWOMP, but she's still a bit slow. Castor is too, actually. Debating if I should give the speed ring to one of them - or maybe Matthis or Nyna? Vote now, and maybe I'll listen, or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Late again...but this time, there's a double update! Though both chapters are pretty short.

Chapter 2-17:

Spoiler

xSonxLu.png
aCRus5o.png
Another familiar map.

Hey, remember in Book 1 when Jiol demanded Dragoons from Macedon? Looks like they finally showed up. :v

uxN0Urg.png
Another gimmick chapter - mixed among the Akaneia soldiers/archers are these weak Gra units. We can't kill any of them if we want to recruit the units at the end of this chapter. Luckily they  won't ever attack us, so this isn't that hard to accomplish.

rknT9WF.png
The Akaneia soldiers may  be unpromoted, but they actually pack a decent punch with their Silver weapons. They even have a total of 4 AS, which is not nothing.

ZdBNA12.pngk0y4D4V.png
The dragons go down pretty easily with some magic and effective damage.

2aqATyU.png
After chasing down this thief, we finally get a Nosferatu tome! We lost the original that Linde had in the inventory editing, but at least we did finally get this one.

buB3pcy.png
Meanwhile another group moves in the center courtyard-like  area.

9alYHDC.png
And we get an Angel Robe from this village. While she was up here, Elice bought a Door Key from the shop.

nVLRz4u.png
The other group of dragons goes down easily as well.

dE0WKD7.pngl5xyouv.png
After Est killed this guy, all the Gra soldiers started running. Not sure if the AI  flag is based on turncount or on what enemies are left.

lV7dVTA.png
We get the door key over to open up the final area.

uhOJbkj.png
Positioned some units just out of range so Ryan(oops, spoilers) wouldn't get baited. But Elice could still make it all the way to the throne without dancer support.

HDmtfif.pngjRfIaIL.png
Growths:
Draug: HP: 60% Str: 20% Skl: 40% Spd: 40% Lck: 20% Wlv: 40% Def: 10%
Ryan: HP: 60% Sr:  40% Skl: 70% Spd: 40% Lck: 30% Wlv: 40% Def: 20%

Should've been Gordin and not Ryan here, and it would've been perfect, but alas.

Draug will certainly not be choking any points in this playthrough, but Ryan looks all right.

NfoHd4b.png
And that's that. On to Chapter 18!

Chapter 2-18:

Spoiler

WBGFM1r.png
CPjWeuW.png
Wow, a map that isn't  reused from Book 1! Kinda small though.

NB47IoF.pngm39P3uD.pngFIsfOfc.png
ShzHt6N.png
The "bosses" of this chapter are the Wolfguard and Gordin. They won't really be a factor, though. I'll leave you do guess which of them will  end up  being recruitable.

p0c8bPf.pngOJfx9OS.png
The two ballista(I guess they're catapults, really) get taken out easily.

x5sgBB2.png
Elice makes it to the village on turn 1 with dancer support. We have a chat with Hardin's brother and nab the Lifesphere, which fully restores HP at the start of a turn. Also, doing this causes all the mounted units to retreat.

LvW5oXr.pngcaT0VEQ.png
Afterwards some thieves appear from the cave above the village, and also more dragons. I guess the thieves here are Soothsires, somehow?  I guess they moved west after we dealt with them in Book 1.

sYACHt7.png
In the meantime, Nyna decimates the remaining enemies with Nosferatu, which we can use infinitely thanks to the Starsphere. :3
5UXZUDY.pngxky2ILK.pngKBa5PTp.png
For some reason, the three Generals around the castle only moved on Turn 2. But Nyna takes them out, plus the two groups of Wyverns that appeared.

foaI9jl.png
After that only the bishops and thief reinforcements are left.

e8enrpH.png
Secret shop, with promotion items! We just grabbed a Guiding Ring for Merric to use, because otherwise we'd wait until Chapter 20 to get one.

KLfASkb.png
Meanwhile Sheema and Castor chug speed boosters.

snjsMxc.png
And Merric finally gets promoted, with his own fancy sprite even!

LJvdZN0.png
Another short gimmick chapter.

Stat Update:

Spoiler

EBK1tDQ.pngfIh2NQT.pngYl8L07J.png
a6Xx9UA.png8abnqYE.pngcRtaVHf.png
hvWstT4.pngX30HHIL.pngIj6tVSo.png
Hnc7f9b.pngUpN9GtU.png0MO68y0.png

Looking spiffy. Minerva capped def(only while mounted, though). Merric wasn't used for a few chapters, but he's about on par with my other mages.

See you all next time.

Edit: Derp, completely forgot to comment on Draug and Ryan's stats. >_>

Edited by Robert of Normandy

That Ryan has comparable stats to FE12 Tomas, who joins in the same fight, which says something about how bad Tomas starts. FE12 was also a bit weird in removing the two southern Dracoes, but then adding two zone-triggered ones down there, plus three simultaneously to the east. And it made the hard-to-get Nosferatu less desirable by giving Katarina one in the prior fight. It slashed the western flier reinforcements to just two, moved the two shops, added a village for Tomas (which makes little sense other than wasting an action for Marth, since they just had Macellan and Dolph join on turn 1 of their maps and could have done that), and lastly replaced all the Archanean Soldiers with Warriors. 

The battle in the pass oddly became easier in FE12. It got rid of the Dracoes and added nothing to replace them, though two Archanean Paladins surround the village (one of which a mountie can kill immediately). And Aurelis leaves the map at a much faster pace once you've chatted with its king.

...I've been running through 12 on Hard for my first time, and its differences from 3 sometimes bite- namely the same turn reinforcements. I got bitten real bad by the changes to Flame Barrel and the Ice Temple exterior. Nor do I get why in some cases it slashed the maximum unit count, FE12 has FE's largest roster; Julian has really suffered for it.

And good that you're using Sheena, playing FE3 for the first time made me really like her. I'm not sure why Merric gets a unique Bishop sprite, which Arlen doesn't use, but it's fair to call it Sage in all but name.

Just the one chapter this time:

Chapter 2-19:

Spoiler

HhXsTE8.png
9HkRhJX.png
Boy that is a lot of ballista. Several of the bishops are also packing Swarm. Yay.

UuEsGR5.png
Our boss, who is nothing special.

BK9qWHw.png
Everyone heads north except Abel, Est, Minerva, Elicee, and Samson, who head through the village instead.

64Y5LLQ.png
All the people who head north get pelted by ranged weapons. Luckily, this turn they all miss.

s8jJJPY.pngeWzg88A.png
We'll be making the most of our last chance to arena grind by having Est go at it with support from Abel and Minerva.

InMucoN.png
More potshots from over the mountains. A few actually start to hit.

Meanwhile, Elice visits the village, and we get....

BiwxlKP.png
Growths:
HP: 40% Str: 30% Skl: 30% Spd: 30% Lck: 40% Wlv: 60% Def: 10%

Wow, who could have guessed we'd be seeing him here?

He's slightly ahead of  his little brother in terms of bases, but worse in terms of growths. Not that I'm sure that matters at this stage in the game.

n7tmfcl.png
A bit later, and the paladins and Mages start to move out.

3aKca6A.pngdueD5UV.png
Sheena tanks a few but doesn't get enough crits to kill more than a few. Probably should've used a Ridersbane, but oh well.

xgCjura.png1xHezor.pngutwgsAx.png
We clean up a few of them afterward.

amcTlO5.png
And then Elice nosfertanks the rest.  :3

AqPf4El.png
Only this guy with the killer lance survived, by retreating to heal first.

2r8GHfD.png
And now we're back to moving forward slowly under a bunch of ranged weapon fire.

OPUHiUI.png
Weirdly there was one turn where none of the enemies attacked and this one bishop just retreated. The AI in this game is weird.

xm3OyJk.pngPbSvk5E.png
q3VSdGJ.pngAmK08AS.png
We  break though and start clearing a few of the enemies.

cCpEvUw.png
Elice dispatches the boss easily.

3seCKaU.png
And then everyone gets a second go thanks to the Again staff! Really didn't want to have to deal with the reinforcements that would've spawned here.

LtAZFtQ.pngXeAispU.png5SK76Wd.png
And we kill a few more units, with just one bishop living.

VpsYfbe.png
Also bought a few door keys which I probably don't need but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fTPeeGz.png
Not a bad clear time.

jhBVJuM.pngNVSZGPM.png
We have a chat with Boah about story stuff, and he keels  over and gives us a Thoron and Physic. Uh, thanks?

Stat Update:

Spoiler

iGgQU9I.pngIvuvvbP.pngLPsdaXB.png
3xdYzg0.pngwKbO64F.pngzB5SOoT.png
bEFV9z3.pngNzVoyxw.pngAuraLlV.png
MnqRlrw.pngVsc3ydV.png
Not much to comment on here that's different from earlier chapters.

On 4/28/2019 at 7:06 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

The battle in the pass oddly became easier in FE12. It got rid of the Dracoes and added nothing to replace them, though two Archanean Paladins surround the village (one of which a mountie can kill immediately). 

Well it seems the dracos were changed into starting enemies, at least on Lunatic.

And Aurelis leaves the map at a much faster pace once you've chatted with its king.

FE3 enemy AI is super weird when escaping. It seems like enemies can only leave once per turn, even if the leave tile  is open, which is super bizarre.

And good that you're using Sheena, playing FE3 for the first time made me really like her. I'm not sure why Merric gets a unique Bishop sprite, which Arlen doesn't use, but it's fair to call it Sage in all but name.

It's not just a unique sprite, it's a wholly different class with different bases/promotion bonuses which are superior to regular bishops in every way. He gets 2 extra skill and 1 extra strength, speed, defense, and resistance.

Maybe it has something to do with him being Excalibur's inheritor, who knows. Just a symptom of Kaga being seemingly super biased towards wind mages and wind magic, I guess.

Time for the showdown with Hardin.

Chapter 2-20:

Spoiler

qQ63J8a.png60CWHEV.png
For some reason, the whole map is covered on the preparation screen. Not really sure why....

Oh, and this map actually gets special preparation music, unlike very other map in the game which just use the enemy phase theme. They really want you to think this is the final map.

Oops, did I spoil that it's not?

JZWinX1.png
Doesn't really matter that the map is covered, because it  all gets uncovered as soon as you start. The thief opens it, but he's in the Akaneia army?  I don't get it.

qVWI22Y.png
The boss man himself, with capped everything except HP. An Wlv and Luck, even though some plot important bosses have a luck stat? Well, he's certainly going to be a challenge.

xaQvz2w.png
You may also notice this earth dragon, who I believe has the same stats as Book 1 Medeus. We're just going to leave him be.

DjqCcOv.png
The upper area of the map is full of these meteor bishops, which could be a real problem. Normally this map is an ideal place to use silence, but we don't have that, so... :v

ccfMbd3.png
We also get our first appearance of the Dark Mage class, alongside the Doulam tome. The Doulam is one of several "reduce HP to 1" spells that were somewhat recurrent in FE at this time, though I think Gaiden actually  had the first spell like that.

We also get more or less our last new unit here:
PV2Yrds.png
Growths:
HP: 70% Str: 40% Skl: 50% Spd: 50% Lck: 40% Wlv: 60% Def: 20%
Rody is stupid good, better than all of my current Paladins even. Unfortunately two Paladins are forced if we want the best ending, and the last is Abbel who I kind of want to keep using, so....

IDK, I guess I'll do a poll.

pisl61h.png
This entryway being only one tile wide is quite annoying, it slows everyone down by giving everyone overlapping movement.

Wa6Dwy5.png8kYkuY1.png
Yumina contributes by getting Rody to us, and he leads up with some equipment in case he needs to fight something.

vNGHTJN.pngKSgbxMT.png
And we finally use the Thief staff to grab this out of the way chest.

V2ekmr7.pngptNf3mK.png
The Heroes and Snipers are actually quite fast, so Elice can't just one round them with Nosferatu. In this case, she got an assist from Tiki.

tHKxhED.png
Busted out the Thoron so Elice could double this guy, but she ended up  critting and oneshotting him so her AS didn't matter.

rfVH64P.png
Elrean ended up being attacked by all three meteor bishops. Thankfully his massive HP and decent RES helped him live. Really would have been nice to have that silence staff right about now, though. >_>

cyGJA8X.pngnoyrDGh.png
We clear a bit of a path here, and...

kS44908.png
Again staff to the rescue!

aL94PkQ.pngFv7u5qQ.png37iDRms.png
bC0PBc3.png2whBao4.pngG8JaZUh.png
Most of the enemies wound up cleared out, but the one Swarm bishop here lived.

Ntj3p9j.png
He attacks, and misses, but for some reason the Meteor bishop up by the chest didn't attack.

pVILpJ0.png
Gordin handles him for us.

HLwse8X.png
And after the Swarm bishop is gone too, it's on to the throne room.

The "HP to 1" effect isn't so scary when Elice immediately restores all her health thanks to Nosferatu.

...I suppose I should mention the treasure. It's 10000G and some promotion items...so basically all more money. Didn't feel worthwhile to screenshot grabbing them.

z1aJ2Cu.png
We enter the throne room proper. The AI for all these guys seems to be set to keep them stationary, so we have to confront them directly.

5KnUjWy.png
After we enter there's a cutscene, and this area opens up revealing a General and another Swarm and Fortify bishop.

IZgwseY.png
Gordin finishes his contribution this chapter by taking out the bishop with fortify here. I decided the two other guys here weren't worth taking out.

yCRvcKk.png
The new area also has reinforcements! Actually kinda scary ones, even.

N66WV4g.png
Cutscenes happen with Haridn even though I had battle animations turned off. Guess they really wanted you to hear his battle theme.

I would have had Elice help to take out Hardin, but he would have one shot her, so....I went for something safer.
v3o2Nri.png
Elrean opens up, with one crit to deal a fair amount of damage.

WyPGCr1.png
Navarre just misses doing the rest in one hit

22NgzUN.png
He eats a hefty counter, but the job is done!

1MrbqXR.png
Hardin apparently has enough time to put on his old outfit, including his turban, before he dies.

x38NtWW.pngNnKH3LN.png
We get a cutscene, and the binding shield is restored. Or RestoredA, I guess.

11x8BN9.pnglb32WD5.png
Now we just  have to clear out the remaining enemies. I think killing Hardin stopped any more reinforcements, but the ones that did appear approach pretty quick.

5BQizXp.png
And the Earth Dragon is taken out by the Binding Shield.

K6jlcFj.png
Tiki probably could have survived these guys, but I wasn't sure since she does get doubled and they do have a decent crit chance.

AJEMpT8.png
Case in point, Elrean got hit by a crit here. >_>

6m9pEvh.png
He just barely hangs on to take out all of the reinforcements, though.

dH49pPI.png
After that we just bait and kill the remaining units on the map.

aDJCSVN.png
Gee, that was definitely worth coming all the way out here to grab. >_>

nWJ7jzf.png

MeTcigI.png
Then we get a whole bunch of new units....

X6SjPuT.png
Psyche, they're actually evil!

Hardin may be dead, but we still have some foes to take care of. See you all next time at Wyvern Valley!

Stat Update:

Spoiler

oNYFQL8.pngHMrtkI0.pngDBtySS3.png
XW6k3Ma.pngZFlOy4O.pngrcvtXwG.png
MhVgOCI.pngIZfUvL7.png
Samson ate a Goddess Icon, Elrean and Nyna got Power Rings.

Gordin gained a level but didn't gain any meaningful stats really, so I think we'll  stick with Castor for the remainder of the game.

All Earth Dragons, B1 Medeus included, just use the Class Bases. You don't notice with Medeus, because B1 has no other EDs to compare him with. Shadow Dragon Medeus and Emperor Hardin also use their classes' bases, but he is the only one of its kind.

The opening to C20 reminds me of FE7's final chapter, which bans you from seeing the map at all until you deploy.

I didn't use the Silence to deal with the siege gauntlet at the start, or Again, since I wanted to save those for the final chapters (which really really likes them). I just Warped Tiki into the treasure room, as a Mage Dragon I think. With one of the siege units gone, things became much easier.

It's cool witnessing the Binding Shield do its job. Although how it zaps away an Earth Dragon not at the Altar or Table or whatever you call it is a little unexplained. Still, neat to see such a threat effortlessly removed.

Get hype, time for the finale to begin!

Chapter F-1:

Spoiler

mxAFM5I.png
W59zsvp.png
...or not. This is labelled as one of the final chapters by the game, but aside from the fact that it's after the bad ending, it's kind of just another chapter. FE12 did away with the weird F-1 and F-2 labeling and just gave ever chapter but the end proper numbers, which I think makes more sense.

KUo4nlH.png
The return of the generic bosses! This one has a sort of unique weapon, at least in this chapter. There will be plenty more enemies like him in the coming chapters.

0Jk2GbK.pngvsGrJzE.png
Wow, it's like Anri's Way all over again!

We won't be seeing the wyverns after this chapter, but the barbarians will be a fairly common sight. They're packing devil axes this time around. I think they aren't affected by the recoil(?) of the devil axe, so they're effectively packing equivalents to the Regalia in terms of attack.

zJLD5gG.png
The rest of the Dark Bishops are packing Meteors.

kgvHnEj.png
Some thieves will  randomly spawn from this cave. I think there are some random wyvern reinforcements too, but I didn't run in to any this time.

HgZYiXS.png
For the first turn, I bunches up my units here and put Tiki out front. Oh, and Minerva and Est snuck up the mountains on the left.

One of the wyverns reached my main army, but the other two were safely dispatched by Tiki.

C2vLwT6.png
More wyvern baiting on the next turn!

YWLgo27.png2OCmR2o.png
With all the wyverns on this side of the map gone, we can move a bit more freely.

Nor particularly important, but  I thought it was worth mentioning that Castor one-shot  that Barbarian with the last use of a killer bow.

3M7cTBT.pngelPXsDl.png
This could have been a disaster, but it was amazing instead! Samson one-rounded this barbarian with a crit on the counterattack. :3

MNFqK1V.png
Minerva has capped def and these guys still do some meaty damage to her.

7yX05wi.png
More wyvern baiting! Tiki's really putting in good use of her divine stone.

In a way, baiting and one-shotting all these wyverns reminds me of when Tiki joined in Chapter 3. A bit poetic, perhaps?

T1qS4d6.png
According to war of dragons there's a silver axe on this spot, but since we can't get a thief up there, getting it is pretty much purely RNG. And I didn't end up grabbing it...

hsID0ao.png
Abel taking care of the last of the enemies over here.

Rb8TnDn.png
Forgot to check the range of this guy, so Minerva ended up getting hit. Can't say I'll be all that sad to not see any more of these guys. >_>

R4mO1Jg.png
With all the wyverns gone, Tiki moves on to clearing out a few of the Meteor bishops. Just wanted to make sure the path to the village is mostly clear.

UF5Wrze.pngDAHEWyd.png
Abel taking out a few more enemies. I dismounted him in the hopes of  getting him to cap speed, but he didn't end up getting enough speed levels to matter.

HjQKwYq.png
I plopped Minerva in an open patch of ground here to slow down this thief, but he ended up not moving after that even though the village hadn't been visited yet. Weird.

jlJyVmq.pngFQFRtQU.png
Cain takes on the boss! Dealing with Doulam is a bit of a mixed bag - on the one hand your res stat doesn't matter, but on the other hand as long as you can heal after taking a hit you'll be safe.

swfxYwX.png
And down he goes. Now we just need to get to the village and do some last-minute shopping.

nwrSGAp.pngDgt8qsZ.png
Elice nosfertanks and Matthis regular tanks.

PcMdRJN.png
...and this is what happens when you don't check enemy ranges. >_>

vMOgOLZ.png
And that's all the enemies! Well, there are two thieves, but they're not really worth going after.

zh207Wv.png
Since Sheema is the only one who will be able to use lances, I sold of pretty much all of the lances I still had.

PfTP2ks.png
Michalis is back! Well, only for a bit. He gives us Starlight and then croaks. Unlike in FE12 there's no way for him to live. A redemptive death?

8r9HXD6.pngTb1G9x8.png
Just like in Book 1, there's a secret shop before the final chapter with infinite buyable statboosters. After selling of a good chunk of my inventory, we have plenty of cash to spend.

vLOIt8f.pnggUgFZnS.pngkwAaS5I.png
Mostly power rings and a few speed rings to top off everyone's speed and strength stats, but also a couple angelic robes to boost everyone's durability for the finale.

oCKdEgi.pngsNuvpzs.png
Also bought a few tomes and staves, and a TON of swords for all the sword units we'll  be fielding.

de3XHv1.pngEzv3EYc.png
We grabbed a few chest keys since we won't have any thieves, plus a bunch of pure waters because why not.

oWopen4.png
I was too lazy to actually have Elice walk back down to the gate, so I just warped her instead.

JUJwvLr.png
An alright time, I guess.

Stat Update:

Spoiler

kysbD4E.pngJMII5FD.png6N9iGCa.png
IypTOnt.pngFeJ0jLt.pngOAZJN5x.png
YDowsga.pngi8uknxE.pngGo8wcv6.png
Njl83Qp.pngwrYDGJv.png
Everyone is roided up and ready for the endgame! See you all then for the exciting(?) conclusion...whenever that may be.

Oh, and since nobody voted in the poll, I'm going to keep using Abel.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Question: Do you have everyone who'll be recruiting the bishops sorted out?

I've forgotten who'd be who this time round.

Yes - it's Elrean, Cain, Ogma, and Matthis.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:27 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

KUo4nlH.png
The return of the generic bosses! This one has a sort of unique weapon, at least in this chapter. There will be plenty more enemies like him in the coming chapters.

I always figured the generic bosses in book 2 was the developers trying to save time or perhaps memory on portraits, I'd have liked to see them get portraits in New Mystery but alas.

Anyone find it odd that Dark Mage has two portraits, this one and one thats a recolor of Bishop?

On 5/19/2019 at 2:27 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Oh, and since nobody voted in the poll, I'm going to keep using Abel.

I'd have voted for Rickard and Sheena/Sheema if I'd been here on time.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, I forgot to do an update again, didn't I?

Well, that aside, I might stream the finale of the LP for those who are interested, so...get hype?

• 3 weeks later...

...oops, kind of forgot about this, didn't I? Well, I did stream the finale...but didn't advertise it, so...

Well, that aside, lets get on with the actual finale!

Chapter F-2:

Spoiler

N6Yq7Xw.png

Ff6BUu4.png

Our first map is very purple indeed. In terms of enemies, we have Mage Dragons in addition to the Barbarians and Dark Bishops with Meteor, Doulam, and healing from the last chapter. Oh, and one bishop with Bolganone, I guess.

9UQzrEk.pngCYy4MQ8.pngGAsCtyg.png

I spent the first couple of attempts playing this  opening really defensively before I realized it was easier if I just bumrushed it. :v

eTKSmQp.png

We also make use of our remaining statboosters - mostly just HP boosting to get everyone over 32 HP for...reasons.

xNAJqWa.png

The Dragons in this chapter don't move and the bishops appear to only move if you enter their range. The Barbarians will all charge at you regardless, however.

e6mr3m3.png

They're pretty physically bulky but they go down to our mages easily.

Y4g8g4n.png

Sent two guys to grab these chests, which are guarded by a mage dragon and doulam mage each.

Xrc4CyW.png

Meanwhile the main group draws the attention of the Bolganone mage.

ozo6JhG.png

Funny thing about Doulam, is that if there's no other enemies in range and you have more than one HP, it's completely not a threat to you.

LOs0aCw.png1erk4WT.png

Anyway, here's the treasure. Not much for us honestly, but the purewater is actually quite helpful in the magic-heavy chapters...especially the next one. The door key is here to ensure that the player has a way to complete  the chapter, since if somehow you didn't have any keys and all your thieves were dead, you couldn't open the room with the throne.

LmCf0Gc.png

Everyone grouped up around this door before opening it to reveal...more of the usual.

dI3ggxK.png7bS8H8C.png

The enemies inside go down fairly quickly.

D1EDMZJ.png

Fortunately for me, the meteor bishops are right next tot he wall, so Castor and Sheena can take them out from the outside.

gcLT9vu.png

These dragons have enough bulk that Tiki can't one-shot them even with effective damage. 😞

RwElZSf.png

Helpfully, he suicides on enemy phase for us.

iphn1GS.png

The remaining enemies go down easily. Helpfully, the barbarians came charging again so we didn't have to go to them to take them out.

8SqiEBy.png

Elice fights the "boss" on enemy phase. Even with two crits though, she can't quite take him out with thunder. Luckily, we have other units to-

qWeDDYC.png

>_>

ruAHRKs.png

Oh well, Minerva got the job done on the second hit.

I would show the turn count, but it's counted cumulatively for all three final chapters, so I'll just do that at the very end.

BfdJime.png

More purple! I  used to think this was all over some big void or chasm or something, but on closer inspection I think this chapter might be over some water or something, because of the way the shadows under the pillars and walls move. Or maybe not, who knows.

gUHBaL0.png

A familiar face. No doppelganger gimmick this time. Strangely he actually has less speed and skill than Book 1, not that it's a significant difference. All his other stats are the same or better.

mAFSBsf.png

There's meteor bishops galore in this chapter! There's two in the outer chambers and two on each of the upper platforms, for a total of six.

YNqT7eB.png

Unlike in the last map, the dragons here can actually be baited!

NLcZRrZ.png

Made sure to get all of my physical units a pure water to help with all the fireballs being dropped on them.

V1UYryt.pngF0Ge3JB.png6yxMHQd.png

Went up the main column a bit slowly. Tiki Helpfully takes out a Doulam bishop for us.

aCgrk3o.png

I somehow still hadn't decided to use this, so Elice gets it!

ANuRUbi.pngfnVMGc2.png

I, uh, kind of forgot Gharnef moves. I guess it's to make the game winnable even if you missed Starlight somehow? Well, it worked out fine in this case.

XUzC52d.pngaGzQlXh.png

More fireballs getting dropped on us, yay!

DyFwvbo.png

One less fireball to worry about.

dJwdAga.pngBHYujni.png

Once she equips the right weapon, Elice takes out Gharnef easily.

CeEM2q1.png

And the path forward is helpfully cleared.

TzyDQbt.png8HS2Hqo.png

Warp gets a use in helping us eliminate another fire hazard.

zoMCG58.pngxbt6ydS.png5y0oe0I.png

And also helping in getting a treasure which TBH I don't need , but felt like grabbing anyway. :v

L0jQOdl.pngvMWeOLJ.png

Clearing out more enemies, and we grab another item that might be useful but we can't use! :v

On to the really, really final chapter:

393YsLK.png

Technically there's 5 earth dragons too but they disappear on the first turn thanks to the Binding Shield.

n4hYRO3.png

Our final boss, with no speed but massive attack and bulk. And with the usual half attack gimmick. Oh, and he's also just immune to magic - it's blocked just like attacking Gharnef without Starlight.

RlaqlCe.png

And his map sprite is HUGE!

Zsl1IhI.pngeDGWVxX.pngooCYLSD.png

GrB5o5V.png

And here are our 4 "clerics."

soXFiSF.png

Surprise - Marth and Luke moved! Their default AI reacted weirdly to being given weapons.

W9ZpvoT.pngX98cq6m.png

Also, earth dragons keep spawning.

thAMKuI.png

They may disappear on player phase, but they can attack on the enemy phase.

Alright, get ready for some crack ships.

knORTFi.png9oNGB2t.png

I don't think there's much more to add.

kXbz3tp.png

Warp gets its last use helping us get Marth recruited.

eppTQYX.png

brb petitioning IS to add Matthis to FEH so I can S Rank him with Marth

uLTBYFO.pngNF3C3Om.png

Even though there's one cleric left, Samson and Castor open up with some chip damage on Medeus.

IvTB5C8.png

The Again staff's last hurrah, helping us get our last recruitment and refreshing everyone to take on Medeus!

duvXeHk.png

Wow, Ogma was so worried about Luke he transformed into Minerva!

OEx8J9X.png

Back on the boss front, Sheena chips in with the power of PINK!

35c3L2o.png

Even with the Fachion, at base Marth won't be doing any more damage than the rest or our units, and with 32 HP he'll be one-shot by Medeus. If you plan to use him, be sure to bring statboosters.

MItbPt4.png

Samson says who needs Math anyway?

NZhIN78.png

And that's officially it! Doing this was a wild ride, with all the unexpected bugs and oddities that came up to debug along the way.

Stat Update/Retrospective:

Spoiler

jXMRJgt.png

Marth's real canon love interest was alright? I think he's better in FE3 than his usual reputation, but star shard can make anything usable, I guess.

W9YYfpE.png

Honestly I should have used him way more than just the final chapter. He's good in the base game and I think even more stupid good here.

JikEDgx.png

Honorary mention? I wound up deploying her a lot, actually. Honestly I think she's probably better than Nyna, but I felt like using Nyna anyway, so¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

GS7TADR.pngwQ97VMB.png72x02fY.png

Grouping these three together since I think they differ the lest form vanilla of the units I used - they joined close to the same time and with few changes in stats. Still very good, though!

6aGGoHu.png

Another unit I probably could've used more? Even though his join time didn't change, swapping with Wendell boosted his bases a lot.

MnvYpLG.png

Basically Sirius but even better, somehow. He got hit by the 20 HP bug, and I think he might've been even better without it.

KIT8zbU.png

She did good. Nothing to write home about, but certainly not terrible either. Certainly there were de-promoted units who fared worse. *cough* Medea *cough*

YfO5bfr.png

He wound up being pretty good too. He was a bit iffy at the start, especially compared to Elrean, but aside from bulk I think he actually slightly surpassed Elrean later on.

0PAjVOQ.png

This gut I think was the biggest surprise, he got really lucky with his bulk early on.

XG5WHM9.png

Possibly a candidate for MVP? Being able to fly and oneshot so many enemies - including Dracoknights! - so early into the game was just amazing.

XAdyIrB.png

RR Est gonna RR Est.

R2TvPzZ.png

Funny how he reverses in usefulness in both Book 1 and 2 - here he wound up being a lot like his Book 1 self, but with more initial bulk.

ILmNIfq.png

Honestly she's not great, but I wanted to carry the spirit of Lorenz from Book 1 and used her anyway. Kinda funny how she wasn't used for most of the game but then I got her up to speed after Anri's Way.

bjeC6tz.png

Not quite as good as in Book 1 I think, but still quite good. Certainly fared the best of most of the de-promoted units.

vw26LkK.png

Nyna is basically a necessity in Chapter 2 for taking out the wyverns. After than she's still good for quite a while, but I think some of the many other choices for bishop/cleric might be better.

6IQFqif.png

The de-levelling definitely didn't do her any favors at first, but luckily her role as a cleric meant some of her stat losses didn't matter too much for a while. And then after promotion she suddenly turned out pretty great!

And that's that! The patch for this can be found here, if you'd like to try a playthrough yourself. Thanks so much for reading this mess!

• 2 weeks later...