Nintendo Switch

jameslove001

I hesitate asking this, because I know sometimes people can be particular about where to post questions, but I think this seems to be the best place. Does anyone know how many titles are available on the Switch? My wife and I are considering getting a Switch and I am just wondering how many FE games are currently available for purchase, similar to how Wii did with downloads.

Thanks!

To my knowledge, the only Fire Emblem game currently out on the Switch is Fire Emblem Warriors, which may or may not be your cup of tea given that it's more of an action game and the playable roster is primarily composed of characters from Archanea (that includes both Shadow Dragon and Awakening) and Fates.

The next mainline title, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, will come out on the Switch this Spring (allegedly). Apart from that, there aren't any other mainline games, nor can you download past titles. 

I'm somewhat surprised that Nintendo has not ported classic GBA games like Sacred Stones through virtual console. I'm guessing NES, SNES, N64, and GBA virtual consoles will show up with Nintendo's paid online services. I'm pretty sure you can find quite a few SRPG diversions on Switch before the Fire Emblems start showing up on it. I'll list a few I found for you.

1. Banner Saga Trilogy

2. Valkyria Chronicles 4

3. God Wars The Complete Legend

4. Disgaea 5

5. Wasteland 2

6. Mercenaries Saga Chronicles