How many of your favorite characters are in Heroes?

Everyone has favorite characters. Who are yours? Why are they your favorites? Are they in Heroes? How well are they represented?

Include as many or as few favorites as you want.

I'm doing a top 20 because I simply couldn't limit it to a more typical 10 or fewer. Order matters for the most part:

Spoiler

20. Lon'qu (Awakening)

- If I was a Fire Emblem character, I would be Lon'qu. He only ranks this low because a similar, cooler-looking, and better-written character of the same class is in my top 5. Guess who.

- In Heroes and implemented quite well. My only complaint is that his art is.... subpar. Not quite OG Hector or Lloyd levels of bad, but up there. 

19. Pelleas (Radiant Dawn)

- I mostly like Pelleas for his design, his class exclusivity, and his personal music theme. Shame that Radiant Dawn's lack of proper support conversations and his late join time hinder his personality.

- Not in Heroes. Would make a lot of sense as a Tempest Trials reward.

18. Ninian (Blazing Sword)

- Like Azura, but better in regards to storytelling. (Though Azura does have an incredible VA).

- In Heroes and implemented wonderfully.

17. Lethe (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

- Best girl. I like her growth as a character. She's basically the Laguz equivalent of Ike, being impressionable and subjected to some racism towards the other faction, but quickly evolving into a more reasonable person as she is exposed to the Greil Mercenaries. Her supports with Ike show great compatibility, and if Path of Radiance were released today, she would be the clear and obvious love interest. 

- Not in Heroes, and with the addition of Beast units, she's sure to be one of the more demanded ones.

16. Virion (Awakening)

- Virion is basically Gatrie with class, and I love him for it. He's simultaneously suave, and a complete doofus, kind of like a diet version of Bastian.

- In Heroes. Since he was designed to be a free character, he's just way too weak, and that's a shame. Hoping he gets a strong prf weapon in the future.

15. Forde (Sacred Stones)

- My favorite social knight. While he has the reckless tendencies common to red cavaliers, he adds an intelligence, complexity, and artistic talent that elevates him far above the rest. He's so good that he even manages to make the burnt-toast Kyle into an effective foil. 

- Not in Heroes. 

14. Cormag (Sacred Stones)

- I'm a fan of his character design and he's a rare case of a vengeance-motivated character whose motivation we see unfold in the game's story.

- Not in Heroes, and he really needs to be. The single most glaring omission from Sacred Stones.

13. Reyson (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

- My favorite heron for his design, anger issues, and character growth.

- Yes. Implemented mostly perfectly, though the need for characters to be able to fight in Heroes makes herons inherently inaccurate.

11 & 12. Raven & Lucius (Blazing Sword)

- These characters are included together because they both elevate eachother to more interesting characters. Raven is the best of the vengeance-motivated anti-heroes and the gentle Lucius is a great foil and complement.

- Both are in Heroes and implemented well, though Lucius could use an offensively oriented prf staff.

10. Reinhardt (Thracia 776)

- My choice for the Camus archetype. Reinhardt is a particularly good example because of his feelings for Ishtar and personal tragedies.

- What needs to be said? Reinhardt has been implemented so perfectly that he has soared in the popularity charts from Heroes more than any other character.

9. The Black Knight (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

- Intimidating, enigmatic, and powerful with a sleek armored design. The Black Knight is what most villains strive to be.

- Yes, he's in Heroes, and implemented well. But why is Zelgius not in his Begnion armor instead of his spoiler armor, and how does removing his helmet make the Black Knight stronger?

8. Lyon (Sacred Stones)

- Great character design and the best villain in Fire Emblem history.

- Yes, he's in Heroes. He could use a weapon refine to bump his power a bit. Also, it's not really possible to fully convey a character like his in a mobile spinoff like this one.

7. Sigurd (Geneology of the Holy War)

- Sigurd has a great character design, but what really sets him apart is his unique position among FE lords. He's a tragic figure, like the Ned Stark of the Fire Emblem universe.

- Yes, he's in Heroes, and I love his implementation.

6. Innes (Sacred Stones)

- Take Shinon, now add style and intelligence, while subtracting the overt racism. Bam, you've got Innes.

- Yes, he's in Heroes, but I'm not a fan of his implementation. Mainly, I think his weapon is sloppy, unsynergetic with itself, and doesn't really help Innes the way it should. 

5. Zihark (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

- Zihark is like Lon'qu but better in every way. All of Lon'qu's tragic romantic backstory with a more mature, less cartoonish implementation. Add to that a great design and pro-Laguz sympathies.

- Not in Heroes.

4. Naesala (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

- I'm a big fan of Naesala's personality, his unpredictability, and his complicated relationship with the herons. He's definitely Tellius's most dynamic character.

- Yes, he's in Heroes, and he's done perfectly. Though he probably should have been green due to his Wind magic. 

3. Lewyn (Geneology of the Holy War)

- One of the few Geneology characters that really stood out to me in my playthrough (which admittedly only included Generation 1... I need to fix that). I really like Lewyn's design, personality, and absurd usefulness.

- Yes, he's in Heroes, and he's represented about as perfectly as he can be without a hit chance/dodge chance mechanic.

2. Nasir (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

- Nasir is an overlooked, but important character in Path of Radiance's storyline. I love his design and his interesting subplot with Ena. Shame he couldn't be a better unit. Also, he's a dragon that isn't a loli, and that gives him bonus points with me.

- Not in Heroes. My most desired character for Heroes.

1. Bastian (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

- Bastian is my favorite character in the franchise because of his eccentric design, witty personality, and poetic speech. His romance with Lucia is adorable, and he complements the other Crimean retainers so well. The only problems with Bastian are that he is a useless unit and should have had more support conversations. 

- Not in Heroes.

I'm at 13/20 (or 65%) in Heroes. Not bad, but not great.

Edited by Etheus

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Micaiah

2. Tauroneo

3. Kurthnaga

4. Deghinsea

5. Pelleas

6. Zelgius

7. Lloyd

8. Hector

9. Nino

10. Naesala

11. Soren

12. Jill

13. Haar

14. Zihark

15. Sanaki

16. Tibarn

17. Elincia

18. Eliwood

19. Sephiran

20. Lucia

So 9 characters are not in  but 11 are. 55% of my favourites not in is pretty bad especially considering only one of my favourite is in when taking into account just the top 5 who I value a lot more than anyone else in my top 20. I made a thread on Reddit and it seems like I got the short end of the stick compared to everyone else. 

Oboro's in, but Mozu's not.

Lucina's in x5 (is there really a need for this many Lucina's, tho?), but not Laurent.

Ayra and Tailtiu are in, but not their children.

You see, I've got a conflicting list.  I'd say it's probably about half and half - the other half are instead being pushed back by pointless alts, a number of which I don't care for.  In fact, Lucina's the only character I really like that's gotten an abundance of alts, and even then I'm wondering why that many.

Let's count them up...

1. Ike
2. Frederick
3. Elincia
4. Silas
5. Ephraim
6. Ryoma
7. Black Knight/Zelgius (though I don't like the Zelgius that's in the game because he isn't in his red armor for who knows why)

That's quite a few. Out of those who aren't yet in:

1. Kieran
2. Ranulf
3. Sain
4. Fiora

And that's basically it. So I got most of my favorites already! :)

In terms of absolute favorite characters, my favorites are Gray, Alm, Ike, Hector, Cordelia, Severa, Jill, Patty, Python, and Canas. There are others, but those are some of the ones that come off the top of my head. The only ones on here who aren't in Heroes (at least thus far) are Jill, Patty, and Python (and I suppose Severa since we have her Fates version Selena but not her original version from Awakening)

The first 100 spots are Eirika and so far there's only 3 so 97 more to go. /s 

But seriously, this would be my top 5: 

1. Eirika. They did her justice in my eyes, even with the Gleipnir alt they did a good job showing how she was after the end of FE8.
  2. Cordelia. I'm not the biggest fan of her OG!Artwork but the other two variants are gorgeous. Luckily for me I always have her in the Bride class in Awakening so for me Bridelia is the one I put above the others by a large margin, now if only she wasn't that hard to merge.
  3.  Mia. She is really faithful to what her character is like in PoR/RD but her voice...like it's the original VA and everything but no, just no. Doesn't help that I'm not a fan of her art, either. Her legs look weird to me for some reason.
  4. PoR Ike (specifically this one, I don't like his RD incarnation). His character is the same in Heroes so that's a plus. I'm not that big on his art but it's nothing jarring like Mia's and his Brave version is pretty cool even if it is SB fodder these days
  5. Larcei. Not in Heroes.

There's other characters I like quite a bit are Ilyana, Lyre, Cynthia, Selkie, Saleh, Guinivere but from those I only expect to see Ilyana/Cynthia/Selkie added in heroes. The other are lacking in popularity (although Lyre has a chance with beasts being Tellius exclusive and there's not a lot of them). 

I've only played the Tellius games, so let's see...

1. Ike - IN!  Three times, though the first one is completely powercrept by V!Ike, so there's really only two useful versions.
  2. Zelgius - IN!  His permanent version powercrept the free one, but I just put different blessings on them.
  3. Zihark - Not in...  And there are so many other sword fighters they'd probably add first.
  4. Micaiah - In!  Two great versions, I use both.
  5. Reyson - IN!  Finally!  And I might be able to +10 him.
  6. Mist - IN!  Kind of.  She's really...  she needs a prf or alt.
  7. Nailah - IN!  And I'm thrilled she'll see a lot of use.
  8. Rafiel - Not in.  Sadly, Leanne got in instead of him.  Hopefully he comes soon.
  9. Volug - Not in.  And his best shot may have been with Nailah.
  10. Boyd - Not in.  Elder brother is in, but not him.
  11. Sothe - IN!  I may manage to +10 him eventually if he drops to 3/4 star...  I'm having trouble pulling him at 4/5 star (if he's even available at 5 star any more).
  12. Rolf - Not in.
  13. Soren - In.  And +10!
  14. Tibarn - In.  But I don't have him...  Please come home soon!
  15. Ranulf - Not in.  Hopefully soon!
  16. Titania - In.  And +10!
  17. Oscar - In.  And +10!
  18. Nolan - Not in.  At this rate, he may never come...
  19. Skirmir - Not in.
  20. Leonardo - Not in.

After that...  the rest of the Tellians kind of blur together.  Most of my honorable mentions aren't in yet.  So that gives 11/20=55%, which would have been a lot worse last December.  However, my top 5 are all in but one...  Zihark might get in if the game lasts 5 years.

In no order other than by game, I will list 200 characters (in the spoiler section) I like, of those 104 are in Heroes, 94 are not, and 2 have representation from different games than the one prefered

Spoiler

Minerva (Y)

Ogma (Y)

Caede (Y)

Nyna (N)

Camus (Y)

Athena (Y)

Jeorge (Y)

Tiki (Y)

Nagi (N)

Palla (Y)

Catria (Y)

Est (Y)

Alm (Y)

Faye (Y)

Saber (Y)

Delthea (Y)

Zeke (N)

Rudolf (N)

Berkut (Y)

Rinea (N)

Cecil (N)

Katarina (Y)

Sheema (Y)

Yumina (N)

Yubello (N)

Michalis (Y)

Sirius (N)

Sigurd (Y)

Lex (N)

Azel (N)

Quan (Y)

Ayra (Y)

Eldigan (Y)

Lachesis (Y)

Lewyn (Y)

Ethlin (Y)

Jamke (Y)

Briggid (N)

Trabant (N)

Arvis (Y)

Reptor (N)

Langobolt (N)

Larcei (N)

Ulster (N)

Faval (N)

Asaello (N)

Rodolbahn(N)

Shannan (N)

Ares (Y)

Altena (N)

Tinni (N)

Corple (N)

Julius (Y)

Ishtar (Y)

Arion (N)

Hilda (N)

Leif (Y)

Finn (Y)

Nanna (Y)

Othin (N)

Tania (N)

Marty (N)

Ronan(N)

Makua (N)

Lara (N)

Pahn (N)

Tina (N)

Karin (N)

Asvel (N)

Shiva (N)

Olwen (Y)

Mareeta (N)

Dean (N)

Homer (N)

Linoan (N)

Shanam (N)

Saias (Y)

Ced (N)

Galzus (N)

Kempf (N)

Reinhardt (Y)

Dieck (N)

Rutger (N)

Sue (N)

Lilina (Y)

Fir (Y)

Ecidna (N)

Fae (Y)

Cath (N)

Milady (N)

Zeis (N)

Gale (N)

Guinivere (N)

Zephiel (Y)

Lyn (Y)

Sain (N)

Florina (Y)

Rath (N)

Lucius (Y)

Eliwood (Y)

Batre (Y/N)

Hector (Y)

Guy (N)

Priscilla (Y)

Raven (Y)

Canas (Y)

Legault (Y)

Ninian (Y)

Heath (N)

Nino (Y)

Jaffar (Y)

Farina (N)

Karla (Y)

Leila (N)

Kishuna (N)

Lloyd (Y)

Linus (Y)

Ursula (Y)

Sonia (N)

Ephidel (N)

Nergal (N)

Lute (Y)

Joshua (Y)

Tana (Y)

Innes (Y)

Gerik (N)

Marisa (Y)

L'Archel (Y)

Myrhh (Y)

Caellach (N)

Selena (N)

Lyon (Y)

Morva (N)

Ike (Y)

Soren (Y)

Mia (Y)

Ilyana (N)

Mist (Y)

Marcia (N)

Jill (N)

Astrid (N)

Sanaki (Y)

Reyson (Y)

Leanne (Y)

Haar (N)

Elincia (Y)

Tibarn (Y)

Naesala (Y)

Black Knight (Y)

Caineghis (N)

Ashnard (N)

Micaiah (Y)

Edward (N)

Nolan (N)

Zelgius (Y)

Sigrun (N)

Tanith (N)

Skrimir (N)

Rafiel (N)

Kurthnaga (N)

Dheginsea (N)

Chrom (Y)

Robin (Y)

Lissa (Y)

Vaike (N)

Kellam(N)

Mariabelle(Y)

Gregor (N)

Priam (N)

Nowi (Y)

Lucina (Y)

Owain (Y)

Severa (N/Y)

Noire (Y)

Validar (N)

Walhart the Conqueror (Y)

Grima (Y)

Cervante's Mustache (N)

Azura (Y)

Kaze (Y)

Rinkah (N)

Sakura (Y)

Saizo (Y)

Hinoka (Y)

Evil Takumi (Y)

Ryoma (Y)

Scarlet (N)

Shigure (Y)

Kiragi (N)

Mitama (N)

Papa Garon (Y)

Elise (Y)

Effie (Y)

Odin (Y)

Charlotte (Y)

Xander (Y)

Forrest (N)

Ophelia (Y)

Soleil (Y)

Nina (Y)

12 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I've only played the Tellius games, so let's see...

1. Ike - IN!  Three times, though the first one is completely powercrept by V!Ike, so there's really only two useful versions.
  2. Zelgius - IN!  His permanent version powercrept the free one, but I just put different blessings on them.
  3. Zihark - Not in...  And there are so many other sword fighters they'd probably add first.
  4. Micaiah - In!  Two great versions, I use both.
  5. Reyson - IN!  Finally!  And I might be able to +10 him.
  6. Mist - IN!  Kind of.  She's really...  she needs a prf or alt.
  7. Nailah - IN!  And I'm thrilled she'll see a lot of use.
  8. Rafiel - Not in.  Sadly, Leanne got in instead of him.  Hopefully he comes soon.
  9. Volug - Not in.  And his best shot may have been with Nailah.
  10. Boyd - Not in.  Elder brother is in, but not him.
  11. Sothe - IN!  I may manage to +10 him eventually if he drops to 3/4 star...  I'm having trouble pulling him at 4/5 star (if he's even available at 5 star any more).
  12. Rolf - Not in.
  13. Soren - In.  And +10!
  14. Tibarn - In.  But I don't have him...  Please come home soon!
  15. Ranulf - Not in.  Hopefully soon!
  16. Titania - In.  And +10!
  17. Oscar - In.  And +10!
  18. Nolan - Not in.  At this rate, he may never come...
  19. Skirmir - Not in.
  20. Leonardo - Not in.

After that...  the rest of the Tellians kind of blur together.  Most of my honorable mentions aren't in yet.  So that gives 11/20=55%, which would have been a lot worse last December.  However, my top 5 are all in but one...  Zihark might get in if the game lasts 5 years.

How is Jill not on there?

AHAHAHAHAHA!  MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS IN HEROES!  GOOD JOKE!

But seriously, very few of them have been released.  Glad to see Legault, am fond of Raigh/Kaze/Merric, wound up being fond of Leon/Lukas/Ares due to Heroes mechanics, and the rest. . .yeah.  My favorites are really obscure, so I'm not sure if they'll ever be released!

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

AHAHAHAHAHA!  MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS IN HEROES!  GOOD JOKE!

But seriously, very few of them have been released.  Glad to see Legault, am fond of Raigh/Kaze/Merric, wound up being fond of Leon/Lukas/Ares due to Heroes mechanics, and the rest. . .yeah.  My favorites are really obscure, so I'm not sure if they'll ever be released!

How obscure are we talking? FE4 substitutes or members of the Sable order from FE12? 

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

How obscure are we talking? FE4 substitutes or members of the Sable order from FE12? 

- One's in the FE1/11 prison squad
- Four are probably not going to be released until the meta's in a better state (mounted archers)
- One had his book taken by someone else
- One is literally worse than Rebecca

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if all of them are released.

33 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

How is Jill not on there?

She's an honorable mention.  My favorites rely largely on my own headcannon.  I'd be thrilled with Jill too (and Haar).

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I can't wait to see Brom in action! Let's start up the game and--wait what was that? Brom hasn't been added to Heroes? Oh. Hmm, well, okay, I'm still excited to see Heath! What's that? No Heath, either? Uh how about Wil, Sain, Fiora, and Isadora? NONE of them? Oh. Hmm how about a different game! Ah man I bet Gerik is awesome! Let's see, where is...oh. Okay, let's see, Gilliam and Natasha where are...oh. Well they just added beast units, so surely Cainegh--oh. Not him either. How about Tomas, that random dude I always use in Shadow Dragon just because? Archers are cool, right? Hmm, he isn't present, either. I bet Azelle and Erinys are there, at least! They're pretty important, aren't they? Huh? What's that, IS? You'd rather add another alt of Reinhardt? I mean...okay. How about Arthur and Patty? No? Surely Binding Blade, home to one of the most famous characters Roy, hasn't gotten the shaft, I can't wait to see Thea and Perceval! Oh and Rutger, bet he's cool! Ah, wait...oh, I see, none of them, either.

WHELP. Aside from main lords who are absolute locks for the game, I have...hardly any at all.

To have an answer to this question is to have a list of favorites. Which I can't really say I have. I mean there is Sephiran, but beyond like him and maybe Bramimond (although here it is more I'm just the outcast for remembering him at all), I'm not sure if I can define the difference between someone I really like, and someone who is a favorite. Hector is certainly my favorite lord, but I can't really say if he is a favorite on the whole. His brutish behavior doesn't lift me off my feet, I only appreciate his nuance and being flawed and having a good and realistic-ish response to it.

-Well maybe I'm not THIS nebulous, but I'm still not going to say who is in and who is not.

34 minutes ago, eclipse said:

One is literally worse than Rebecca

Wil? Or Wolt? I'm guessing the latter due to liking Tomas, and I believe I heard you say Midir before. A little ironic, unless those other liked mounted archers are Sue and or Sin (which I doubt).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wil? Or Wolt? I'm guessing the latter due to liking Tomas, and I believe I heard you say Midir before. A little ironic, unless those other liked mounted archers are Sue and or Sin (which I doubt).

I'm very fond of Wil, and am neutral on Wolt.  Shin's one of the mounted archers I had in mind, as is Midir!

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm very fond of Wil, and am neutral on Wolt.  Shin's one of the mounted archers I had in mind, as is Midir!

Well Wil, admittedly I can't recall the last time I seriously used him or Becky in FE7, I'm too old to make time for archer training in that game. But he isn't that much worse. A little stronger, but much less Spd. Although 29 Spd at 20/20 is severe overkill by FE7 standards, once Wil hits doubling thresholds (I thought 14 was a magic number), he'll be a little better I'd think.

As for character, I like him. Fairly ordinary, and a nice buddy who gets along with everyone, which I think is a trope I think I like if Ranulf and Stahl fall into it (Oscar didn't quite do it for me, if he is yet another for it- although the bros and Kieran give him his own thing).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

A while back I played through the entirety of the FE character sorter, and this was my top ten:

1. Narcian
2. Nanna
3. Hinoka
4. Canas
5. Caeda
6. Shanna
7. Azama
8. Tomas
9. Tiki
10. Laura

8/10, so I think I've done pretty well for myself so far.  Laura has a small chance of getting in at some point, but Tomas...LOL

Art and voice-wise, I like how they all turned out.  As units, there are a few disappointments.  Like I've said several times, I really wish Narcian was a sword flier with a Prf Rune Sword.  If he were released today there is no doubt in my mind that's what he would have gotten.  Canas was a super bummer too, but it's whatever.  At least I can +10 him in time.   

Here's mine

1) Laevatein: In and +2 (i count her because even tho she's an OC of heroes, she's like, my favorite female in fire emblem)

2) Soleil: In and +10'd

3) Ayra: In and +10'd

4) Catria: In since launch and +7

5) Est: In since launch and +10'd

6) Heather: Not in ( and is my most wanted hero to be added atm)

7) Tormod: Not in

7) Greil: Not in (Tormod and Greil are tied for my favorite males in Fire emblem)

8) Vika: Not in, but with her being in top 5 for RD, i say she's got a good chance at being added next RD banner if they do more laguz

9) Lyre: not in

10) Klein: In and +10'd

11) Larcei: Not in

12) Edward: Not in

13) Marisa: In and +7

14) Ophelia: In and +1

15) Linus: In and +1 (sadly, will have to wait for +10 as im focusing on marisa atm)

1) Felicia - In and I really want an alt for her. Feels like that should be a gimme. Cut to her being on that surprise seasonal banner after I've blown all my orbs to get Tibarn, who I never actually got.

2) Boyd - Nope. Although I feel confident in saying he'll be in the next non-laguz Tellius banner.

3) Nephenee - In. I've been wanting another one since I foddered the one I got to Valentine's Hector for a double wrath build, and I want another one

4) Mia - In. I've got her but I'm thinking of Foddering her off to my Felicia. Probably won't do it, have something else in mind, but it's a possibility.

5) Ayra - In, never got her.

So 4/5 ain't bad, although those are my absolute favorites, if we go into semi-favorites that list significantly changes

I'm going to only include characters whose home game isn't Heroes, even though there are many characters I like whose home game is Heroes.

1. Ike (Especially PoR. He's in, and even has a couple alts! Still wish his Lord outfit could make it in, though.)

2. Hector (Again, he's in, and with some alts!)

3. Ephraim (I like him about as much as I like Hector, and both of them are in with a few alts.)

Above are the ones I wanted to use together the most before Heroes was a thing. Out of their home games, they're the ones I wanted the most. I am very happy. After them, it was harder to make a list because there are so many good characters.

4. Soren (He's in!)

5. Berkut (FE15 ver; He's also in!)

6. Kieran (FE9. He's not in yet.)

7. Seth (He's in)

8. Franz (Not in yet)

Urgh, so hard to choose favorites... Seriously, it's a lot easier to list characters I don't like, but I don't want to be a downer to anyone who likes (for whatever reason) those characters. I also may be forgetting things.

Eh, I'll leave it there for now. So, I guess, 6/8 so far are in.

Edit: Now, a list of characters who I'd love to play as or see more development for through Heroes would be a completely different list.

Edited by Mercakete

I've got a lot of my absolute favorites in, Sheena, Gaius and Beruka were launch, Maribelle was semi-recent, as was Ophelia. Naesala just got added as a GHB (he's already +2 lmao), and Laevatein's an OC.

As for who isn't in, Sue, Sin, Rath, Fergus... Pelleas and Farina too. I could see Sue coming in March, and hopefully she does. That said, Lyn stole her bow. Twice. So... yay.