How many of your favorite characters are in Heroes?

I, uh, don't keep strict tabs on which characters are my favorites, other than my top two, so some of these may be a bit out of order. So keep in mind that after 1+2, everyone else is in no particular order.

Also, I will not be including characters that I was merely neutral towards (Eirika, Innes) or didn't know much about (Olwen, Reinhardt) and started liking more because of Heroes, because I don't think that really counts.

1. Tormod -- at this point I'm pretty sure he's never getting in :|
2. Rath -- he should be in, though. Didn't score badly, relatively unique class
3. Takumi -- definitely didn't need 4 alts, though, especially because they're all colorless
4. Ike -- yeah, although my default Ike (my favorite of the three) is -atk, which makes me sad
5. Eliwood -- IS WHY YOU RUIN ELIWOOD (which means he's in)
6. Marcia -- nowhere to be seen yet
7. Saleh -- would be nice to have him in the game
8. Oboro -- she's in, although the game didn't do her justice. But that's fine, I made her awesome anyway
9. Miriel -- one of two Awakening mothers not in the game, and the other one has the excuse of being a beast. IS, what are you doing
10. Laurent -- unfortunately, he seems to be the least popular Awakening kid
11. Stefan -- he isn't in the game yet, and I want him to powercreep the fuck out of Karla and Owain
12. Reyson -- yeah, he got in -- haven't pulled him yet, though
13. Elincia - is in the game, but seems to hate me
14. Mist -- IS WHY YOU RUIN MIST
15. Roy -- he's cool, but his LA self hates me

Some honorary mentions whom I didn't think of at the time (because I only wanted to list 15) are Sanaki, L'Arachel, Lute, Guy, Sue, Shin, Kliff, and Luthier, some of whom are in and others who are not. On average, I'm not doing TOO badly on favorites just by this list, but if you consider that the only two characters I actually care about are Tormod and Rath, I'm not doing THAT well.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this is an unofficial top 15 favourite Fire Emblem characters:

1. Charlotte (Fates)- IN, on a technicality.
  2. Elise (Fates)- IN
  3. Miriel (Awakening)- NOT
  4. Velouria (Fates)- NOT
  5. Amelia (Sacred Stones)- IN
  6. Nino (Blazing Blade)- IN
  7. Joshua (Sacred Stones)- IN
  8. Nailah (Radiant Dawn)- IN
  9. Rafiel (Radiant Dawn)- NOT
  10. Lucius (Blazing Blade)- IN
  11. Henry (Awakening)- IN, but done dirty.
  12. Camilla (Fates)- IN, multiple glorious times. I know what I said.
  13. Gaius (Awakening)- IN
  14. Tana (Sacred Stones) IN, people say she's in Heroes but I haven't summoned her, I've tried to, but Jakob had to break my pity rate when blues didn't show and colourless wasn't even a goddamn focus unit on the movement skills banner. FUCK JAKOB
  15. Ephraim (Sacred Stones)- IN

Hmm, top characters from all the games? That's difficult. I'll do top per game I played. Bolded aren't in yet. Clearly I liked some games more than others. Haha.

OG Game (2/7)
1. Eliwood
2. Lyn
3. Nils
4. Sain
5. Erk

6. Wil
7. Heath

Sacred Stones (2/5)
1. Eirika
2. Ephraim
3. Ewan
4. Franz
5. Cormag

Gamecube/Wii Games (1/3)
1. Soren
2. Edward
3. Rolf

Awakening (6/8 - yes I know Inigo and Severa are in the game but their artwork is so ugly I can't count them)
1. Lucina
2. Chrom
3. Robin
4. Morgan (both)
5. Olivia
6. Inigo
7. Severa

8. Owain

Fates (0/0)
1. -------

Echoes (3/5)
1. Gray
2. Boey
3. Kliff
4. Python
5. Conrad

So that's 16/28 which is like 57%. But I disproportionately like some of the characters already in the game so much, that the remaining ones I can slowly wait for. I put them in order of my favorites per game too.

Okay I went through the ENTIRE character sorter and, according to that thing, my Top 20 Fire Emblem characters are as follows, with the highest-ranking on top:

1. Lyn
2. Ephraim
3. Eliwood
4. Eirika
5. Brom
6. Lyon
7. Roy
8. Marth
9. Elincia
10. L'Arachel
11. Hector
12. Matthew
13. Joshua
14. Gerik
15. Wil
16. Sain
17. Ninian
18. Fiora
19. Heath
20. Legault

Of those, 14 are in Heroes and 6 are not. However, I question the accuracy of the sorter; there's some characters missing that I know for sure I like more than some on this list, as well as some on the list that are ranked above characters I actually like more than them. But, hey, for what it is, 14 out of 20 isn't terrible, I guess? Even if it isn't a 100% accurate favorites list?

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

However, I question the accuracy of the sorter; there's some characters missing that I know for sure I like more than some on this list, as well as some on the list that are ranked above characters I actually like more than them.

I did the fan sorter recently as well on a slow day and I noticed the same thing, both on the top as on the bottom of the list. In the end I assume we both know who we like better then some silly little game on the internet I presume? ;p

example: Legion was 3rd from the bottom for me, now he's no favourite of mine. But that low seems not right. I assume he had some unlucky match ups or something that brought him further down than he deserved.

After 5 the order doesn't really mean anything. But lets see

Spoiler

1 - Katarina - yes
2 - Noire - Kinda 
3 - Kliff - yes
4 - Ranulf - Nope 
5 - Nephenee - yes
6 - Jill - nope 
7 - Vaike - nope 
8 - Innes - yup*2
9 - Cormag - nope 
10 - Miriel - nope 
11 - Benny - nope 
12 - Micaiah -yup*2
13 - Robin - yes *6
14 - Kris - nope 
15 - Legion - yes 
16 - Scarlet - nope 
17 - Beruka - yes 
18 - Gaius - yes 
19 - Gregor - no 
20 - Tormod - no 

So roughly half my favourite characters are in this game, which is still not acceptable

Edited by Mackc2

Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem: Marth, Cain, Michalis, Camus, Minerva, and Catria.

Echoes: Kliff (Possibly Alm and Celica)

Genealogy of Holy War/Thracia 776: Leif, Sigurd, Eldigan, Quan, Ares, and Ethlyn.

Binding Blade/Blazing Sword: Roy, Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, and Ninian.

Sacred Stones: Ephraim, Marisa, Joshua, Innes, Tana, and Myyrh.

Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn: Tibarn, Ike, Elincia, Nailah, Naesala, Mia, and Zelgius. (Wouldn't say Micaiah or Sothe are favorites, but I love them in Heroes.)

Awakening: Tharja, Chrom, Owain, and Lon'qu.

Fates: Xander, Azura, Rhajat, and Shiro.

41 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem: Marth, Cain, Michalis, Camus, Minerva, and Catria.

Echoes: Kliff (Possibly Alm and Celica)

Genealogy of Holy War/Thracia 776: Leif, Sigurd, Eldigan, Quan, Ares, and Ethlyn.

Binding Blade/Blazing Sword: Roy, Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, and Ninian.

Sacred Stones: Ephraim, Marisa, Joshua, Innes, Tana, and Myyrh.

Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn: Tibarn, Ike, Elincia, Nailah, Naesala, Mia, and Zelgius. (Wouldn't say Micaiah or Sothe are favorites, but I love them in Heroes.)

Awakening: Tharja, Chrom, Owain, and Lon'qu.

Fates: Xander, Azura, Rhajat, and Shiro.

Either you are the luckiest person here (with 100% inclusion) or you misunderstood the thread and only listed your favorites that are already in Heroes.

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Either you are the luckiest person here (with 100% inclusion) or you misunderstood the thread and only listed your favorites that are already in Heroes.

I definitely misunderstood the thread :ph34r:

Its hard for me to have a ranking. So my Characters are not numbered because some I like almost equally.

Ingame:

• Camus
  • Ike
  • Athena
  • Camilla
  • Deirdre
  • Seliph
  • Julia
  • Beruka
  • Nailah
  • Aversa
  • Sonya

Not Ingame

• Nagi
  • Guy
  • Rinea
  • Cormag
  • Idoun
  • Ena
  • Tatiana
  • Rinkah
  • Oifey

There are more I like. But this list should be about right. At least I can say more than half are ingame. 

Edited by Stroud

Hmm, favourite characters …

• Akaneia: Shiida/Caeda, Marth, Roger
  • Valentia: Lyon, Valbar, Mae, Celica (Gaiden)
  • Jugdral: Sigurd, Arvis, Lachesis, Lewyn
  • Elibe (2nd Gen): Cath, Igrene
  • Elibe (1st Gen): Hector, Hawkeye, Rebecca, Fiora, Pent, Louise
  • Magvel: Ephraim, Eirika, Tana
  • Tellius: Ranulf, Ike, Mia, Soren, Alja/Mist, Stefan, Volker/Volke, Tibarn, Leanne, Skrimir

21/32 are in Heroes, which is fine. Three of them kinda got screwed by their artist though (Mae, Lachesis, Mist). Everytime I think about making a great build for them I see their art and lose all motivation. :'(

Roger will probably never make it in, but the others all have a chance.

Also, I didn't play Thracia. And I could never get into any of the characters from Fates and Awakening.

Edited by Lilika

Let's see let me do a top 15:

Naesala is in finally and will be my first "free" +10

Lukas in

Kaze in

Hector in and with 3 too many versions

Elphin not in and sadly will probably never be in since a male refresher in the general pool is too much to ask

Nils same as Elphin

Nailah in

Lorenz not in and probably won't be since he is an old man

Minerva in

Seth in

Cormag not in

Haar not in

Priam not in

Zihark not in

so 7/15 not that wonderful but at least some of my favs are in.  If there is a CYL 3 I am just going to throw all votes to Elphin.

All right, since I screwed up last time. I'm fixing this. I'm bolding the characters who aren't in the game.

Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem

Spoiler

Marth- Pretty balanced character and his art is good, his Legendary Hero is amazing art wise. Wish his stats were a bit higher.

Cain- Favorite character from these two games. Wish his stats were better in FEH, but I still like him and his art. Almost have him to +10.

Michalis- Love what they have with him in FEH. But a bit confused as to why he has Hauteclere, but I got used to it.

Camus- His stats I wish were better, but everything else is good.

Minerva- Pretty content with her, just waiting for a seasonal alt though.

Catria- Pretty pleased overall, still don't have the Easter version of her though.

Echoes

Spoiler

Kliff- I have him, but I haven't experimented with him much. He's probably my favorite Echoes character, but I don't have much interest in using him in FEH.

Zeke (Even though Camus)- Don't really see a big need of him to be added as he's basically Camus. Just thought I'd mention him though since he might be my favorite in Echoes.

Genealogy of Holy War/Thracia 776

Spoiler

Leif- Mostly pleased with how he is in FEH. I think the artwork is better than his Cypher cards. I just wish his sword had a distant counter like the games.

Lewyn- Ugh, don't have him but I need him! Artwork is beautiful.

Sigurd- Don't have him either and man, I've spent a lot of orbs trying to get him.

Eldigan- . . . Don't have this amazing man either.

Quan- I at least have this one! Probably the best lance cavalry unit imo.

Ethlyn- Definitely have her, great artwork.

Binding Blade/Blazing Sword

Spoiler

Roy- Stats are pretty bad and I don't have much desire using him tbh. His CYL version is good, but Idk don't use him much.

Eliwood- Art is majorly disappointing which sucks since he is one of my favorite FE characters in general. Hoping so badly for a Legendary or Mythic Hero that will do him justice. One of my two +10 characters.

Hector- Good grief, doesn't matter how they release this guy he's way too good. Still need his Legendary Hero version. Have all others though.

Lyn- I like Lyn and all, but there are way too many of her. All of her units have high stats and good artwork, of course.

Sue- Not in the game, needs to be. Since there's a Binding Blade banner coming up soon, hopefully she'll be in it.

Jaffar- Haven't really used him, not sure if he's any good either. Seems like Sothe but worse. I dunno.

Pent- This guy is too dope to leave out.

Kent- Probably the only other Cain archetype, other than the man himself, that I really like.

Louise- Needs to be added with Pent.

Ninian- I put a lot of work into this unit, but she turned out awesome.

Sacred Stones

Spoiler

Ephraim- Both normal unit and Legendary Hero units are great. Odd their stats are about the same overall, but it's great to have him.

Marisa- Haven't used too much of her since I first got her, but I remember her being pretty solid. It's pretty hard for me to use a lot of red sword units and it sucks since that's what most of my favorite characters are.

Gerik- He's a dope character, needs to make his way in.

Cormag- Not much to say about him other than I like him.

Joshua- Pretty excited when he came in. Wish his art included Adulhulma though.

Innes- Overall decently pleased with him. Spent way too many orbs trying to get him though.

Tana- Yeah . . . Still don't have her. Her artwork is so good though.

Myyrh- Took forever for her to come out and I got her pretty easily, very happy with her unit overall too.

Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn

Spoiler

Edward- Favorite character in all Fire Emblem, so I need him badly. Really hope he comes with Caladbolg when he's released. But if they like gave him Tempest Blade or something I'd be okay with that.

Stefan- Man, this legendary due is too awesome to leave out. Need him badly.

Haar- A little bit surprised he isn't in the game yet, but at the same time there have been so few RD banners that I guess I'm not that surprised.

Volug- Now that there are laguz units in FEH, we can finally get him. I'm fine with waiting, but he needs to come around sooner or later.

Zelgius- He's got himself and the Black Knight, but I really really want his Begnion armor in this game. Besides Ike, I think Zelgius is the best sword unit. Uggh, he's awesome.

Giffca and Caineghis- Both lion boyz are awesome. Not a fan of Skrimir, but these two lions I'd love to see.

Volke- Ah, Volke, a character I wish I saw more of. He'd be a great addition to the game. His design is one of my favorites.

Tibarn- Took a long time, but the King of the Hawks finally made it into the game. Great to have him in.

Ike- Cannot believe he doesn't have a seasonal alt, but I've enjoyed all of his alts so far. Vanguard Ike is still so good.

Elincia- Prefer her RD version, but they still do good with her in this game.

Nailah- Queen of Hatari also finally makes it in, so happy she was one of the first laguz brought in. Her artwork is great.

Naesala- Flying in and looking good in FEH.

Mia- Can't say I like her VA in the slightest, but I am so glad to have her in the game.

Wouldn't say Micaiah or Sothe are favorites, but I love them in Heroes.

Awakening

Spoiler

Tharja- I know I get bothered by duplicate alts, but I wouldn't mind seeing more Tharjas. Mainly I want some that aren't red units. She is one of my two +10 characters.

Chrom- Pretty disappointed in the artwork he received for his first appearance and Easter alt. However they gave him some good art for Christmas and the fabulous Paladin version. 

Owain- Took forever for him to get added, but I am very pleased with the outcome. Just wish he wasn't blonde. I think Owain looks much better with brown hair.

Priam- Would love to see the descendant of Ike come into the came. I kind of wish they'd explore a redesign for him a little bit, but that'll never happen.

Lon'qu- Can't say I'm overly pleased with his presentation in Heroes. Honestly, I mostly just like him for taking his Vatanges away from him.

Fates

Spoiler

Xander- Favorite unit in Fates and it took some work to get him good in FEH, but I did it. Love the Grima crown I was able to give him, it is absolutely perfect on him.

Azura- Her initial version is okay, her lance is an odd choice. Very pleased with her Dancer special.

Rhajat- Tranja copy, she's okay. Basically a green unit that's significantly worse than Micaiah and can't do bonus damage to armored units.

Zhara- He's cool looking and that's all.

Shiro- Still don't have him, but it'd be cool to. I really want them to pull out a special version of him wielding his father's Raijinto. The father I may not like, but the son is pretty cool.

I'm glad that most of my favorite characters are in like Eldigan, Quan, Ares, Michalis and Camus but it is unfortunate that some of my most beloved characters have been given unfortunate stats like Berkut and Finn.

The only character that I would say I realyyy want is Marcus(either version of him is good for me)

18 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Ike- Cannot believe he doesn't have a seasonal alt,

I'm not the only one! Yes! I'm dying for a seasonal Ike here. And I still can't believe certain other units got multiple seasonal alts already while he still has none. Sure, Camilla, Lyn, and Azura may be popular females, but Ike is just as popular, if not more so. He would be just as much of a money maker. Kagero isn't even popular, so I have no idea why she has two seasonals. Maybe IS thought her boobs would sell her since she's been drawn with a massive bust in this game (bigger than it looked in Fates imo). But people seem to pull for their favorites or good skills and stats more than they do for sex appeal. Besides, Ike is hot, he'd get some people pulling for him because he looks good too. :P

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Ugh.

Ike is already there thrice.  Do we really need him in a bunny outfit? :(

Technically, no, but by that logic we don't need as many Camillas and Xanders and Takumis and Lyns and Chroms and Lucinas and Azuras as we currently have.

And yet, here we are. So it wouldn't be the most offensive thing ever.

Edited by Sunwoo

After doing the sorter thing, the results are here.  Upon further analysis, it looks like 5 out of my top 20 characters made it in (Legault, Merric, Jeorge, Minerva, and Marth).  Not bad, but of those, only Legault is near and dear to my heart.

uh who even are my favs

i guess in game order

Minerva, Navarre, Ayra, Finn, Larcei, Shannan, Travant, Olwen, Rein, Amalda, Echidna, Hector, Seth, Titania, Lucia, Ryoma, Rinkah, Scarlet, Sakura

11/19 not bad

7 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Ugh.

I don't know about a bunny outfit, but swimwear would be awesome. Also, there are a few characters in this game with five versions now. You can't really complain about Ike much on that front. He doesn't even have a single seasonal like pointed out. And if Lyn, Camilla, etc. can have multiple seasonals, Ike should have at least one as well for being just as popular and beloved, if not more.

Edited by Anacybele

The way I see it - CYL doesn't count, and other non-seasonal alts are questionable but don't generally conflict with seasonals. So Ike and Celica still have room for seasonals in my book.

7 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Ugh.

I'm with ana on this one for the most popular male character in the series he has a disturbing lack of seasonals. I mean brave ike was due to our vote so really the only IS given alt he has is legendary ike which was well over a year ago. I mean I don't care for ike too much personally(have only played like 9 chapters of PoR) but even I find his lack of alts/seasonals a bit strange. Same goes for Roy honestly but I digress. I mean get waifus sell more and such but come on ike IS the most popular male character in the series. He deserves a little more attention at the very least. 

Yeah, CYL was voted by us and RD Ike was basically a must as a legendary hero for obvious reasons and he's a canon form. Ike doesn't have an alt made just for Heroes yet besides CYL which we voted for. So he'd really have no true alts if it wasn't for CYL, which really baffles me.

"waifus sell more" obviously isn't a reason, since IS thought it fine to give Hector, Chrom, Roy, Ephraim, etc. seasonals. Even some non-lord males have seasonals too, including Innes, Frederick, etc.

Innes might have a little popularity, I'm not sure. But Frederick? Even as much as I adore him, I know he's not loved. :(

Edited by Anacybele

I'm just annoyed that all alts bring about is complaints from fans of other characters that they also feel their favourite should get alts. We just end up with more alts as a result rather than new characters. 

Ike is still there three times which is three times more than so many, irregardless of how many Camillas or Lucinas there also is.

(pretty sure he'll get his bare chested alt eventually anyway!)

If I see Ike again, personally, I'd prefer him as a Goddess-killer Mythic hero, vanguard class, not in some weird festival outfit that would just be uncharacteristic of him. I still shudder at Xander in a bunny suit. He would never wear that.

Edited by Vince777