Coolest animals (in your opinion)?

Byliyth

There are over a million species of animals on Earth and I thought it'd be nice if we could all share what we think are some of the coolest animals (besides humans) are and why! Like, I personally think dogs are some of the raddest animals ever because they can do many things, such as hunt, aide others, provide companionship, do tricks, et cetera! Plus, they're super cute~

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like anything in the horse family the most. Horses, ponies, zebras, donkeys, you name it! I've just always thought they were the coolest and prettiest animals ever. We humans relied on them for transportation and stuff for years, and even today we still ride them and keep them as pets sometimes.

Well, zebras, not so much. But they actually can be ridden, they're just not domesticated nearly as often. The rest of those though, we've used them to transport ourselves and many goods. Where humans would be without these amazing animals, who knows? And as I said, I find them to be beautiful, mainly because their manes and tails are gorgeous and they come in so many different colors!

Dogs and rabbits would be second for me though. Dogs are man's best friend, and I don't know where we'd be without them either! They're also good for therapy. And rabbits are just so gosh darned cute. They're also associated with my favorite season, spring.

Edited by Anacybele

Pangolins.

They are armoured and can roll up similarly to armadillos, have great abilities to dig and climb trees and despite their wonky legs can get around and survive just fine. Absolutely my favourite.

If I were a supervillain I'd get one of these as the exotic pet. I mean, sure there's no way to feed off my enemies to my pet, but that's a bad idea anyway.

Octopuses.

Despite lacking for predatory tools and being very squishy, they have a very good set of defensive measures. They're flexible, very intelligent, and have incredible camouflage that puts chameleons to shame: 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Octopuses.

Despite lacking for predatory tools and being very squishy, they have a very good set of defensive measures. They're flexible, very intelligent, and have incredible camouflage that puts chameleons to shame: 

They are much smarter than you'd expect!

I'll add wolves, crocodiles, and owls to the list.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I like anything in the horse family the most. Horses, ponies, zebras, donkeys, you name it! I've just always thought they were the coolest and prettiest animals ever. We humans relied on them for transportation and stuff for years, and even today we still ride them and keep them as pets sometimes.

Horses are really rad! Bird Box taught me that horses can sense when they're pregnant and completely change how they live and that's super cool. 

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Pangolins.

They are armoured and can roll up similarly to armadillos, have great abilities to dig and climb trees and despite their wonky legs can get around and survive just fine. Absolutely my favourite.

If I were a supervillain I'd get one of these as the exotic pet. I mean, sure there's no way to feed off my enemies to my pet, but that's a bad idea anyway.

Pangolins are the final boss of Three Houses. They're just armored units!

Also Capybara are really cute too, but I'd also be scared by them irl...

5 minutes ago, Byliyth said:

Horses are really rad! Bird Box taught me that horses can sense when they're pregnant and completely change how they live and that's super cool. 

Oh, that's interesting to know! Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Byliyth said:

Well with all due respect, can't everything do this? Like rabbits will dig burrows in hidden areas when they become pregnant, so the babies will have a safe home. Humans will start preparing for the baby, wolves and other wild canines will start finding a good den. I think at a certain point most everything can go "I'm going to be a mom!" It would be impressive if horses could tell really early. Like, almost at the moment of conception.

It might be a bit of a stretch but I think most female mammals are really confused and scared the first time they give birth, but eventually after a few times they learn letting a male have his way with them at a certain time of year or whatever results in babies later.

Bats - if being the only species of mammals capable of flying isn't the coolest thing on earth, I don't know what is. Also, some of them look like cute little flying puppies, with their pointy nose, and longer face.

Peacocks - if you have ever seen one opening up it's tail, you know what I'm talking about. Beautiful is an understatement.

Foxes - often pictured as cunning, sly, not necessarily evil, but definitely self-centered creatures, when the main character is one, it will definitely give you dem feelz. At least that's my experience so far. (also, one of my favourite childhood movies is Vuk, a very-very famous and beloved hungarian tale about the life of "wild" animals)

I'm fascinated by any animal that shows a much higher than average intelligence for animals. Octopi, whales/dolphins, elephants, parrots...

Mostly crows though. I really like crows and ravens.

19 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Whales,  or just cetaceans in general. They're big, beautiful, smart, bad ass and can shatter your bones without even touching you.

It always amazed me that blue whales are so huge yet they only eat very tiny krill.

While not my favorite animal, dolphins fascinate me...not that particulary like those sort of things, but it amazes that people think dolphins are kind creatures.

The incredible cruelty of dolphins is scary, the kill for fun, they gang rape, beat up females to force sex and there’s footage of them being sexually agressive towards humans swimmers.

Moving from the subject of cruelty, dolphins are some of the fews animals know to have sex for pleasure, they masturbate, they often engage in homosexual relationships and back on the cruelty subject, male dolphins are know to sexually assault other male dolphins to assert dominance. Dolphins also seem capable of consciously committing suicide.

How did dolphins get their reputation of being friendly and kind creatures? It’s as puzzling as how the owl is associated with intelligence when it’s actually one of the dumbest birds species.

Edited by Water Mage

59 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

While not my favorite animal, dolphins fascinate me...not that particulary like those sort of things, but it amazes that people think dolphins are kind creatures.

The incredible cruelty of dolphins is scary, the kill for fun, they gang rape, beat up females to force sex and there’s footage of them being sexually agressive towards humans swimmers.

Moving from the subject of cruelty, dolphins are some of the fews animals know to have sex for pleasure, they masturbate, they often engage in homosexual relationships and back on the cruelty subject, male dolphins are know to sexually assault other male dolphins to assert dominance. Dolphins also seem capable of consciously committing suicide.

How did dolphins get their reputation of being friendly and kind creatures? It’s as puzzling as how the owl is associated with intelligence when it’s actually one of the dumbest birds species.

Jeez, thats pretty messed up. Guess I learned something new today?

1 hour ago, Byliyth said:

Jeez, thats pretty messed up. Guess I learned something new today?

There’s a reason the Orca, who is actually a dolphin, is called the killer whale.

Let me make this even worse.

Ever hear of stories of swimmers or divers  that claim they were held and transported to the surface with the aid of a dolphin? Well, one of the methods the dolphins use to force a female to have sex is by pushing them out of the water to make them dehydrate. Try to connect the dots and let that sink in.

Edited by Water Mage

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

They look cute I guess? And are still intelligent, and ward off sharks, albeit that is because some of them kill sharks.

Koalas are another you can put on the list of WHY THE HECK DO PEOPLE CALL THEM CUTE?!? They're really mean, have a nasty growl, violently claw at each other in I think rape, and also have STDs. 

13 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Ever hear of stories of swimmers or divers  that claim they were held and transported to the surface with the aid of a dolphin? Well, one of the methods the dolphins use to force a female to have sex is by pushing them out of the water to make them dehydrate. Try to connect the dots and let that sink in.

Holy shit and I was just about to say "but dolphins have saved drowning divers"

I guess they're kinda like humans. Humans can and will be that cruel to each other. It's kind of a thing with the more intelligent an animal is, the more capable it is of cruelty like rape or killing for reasons other than survival.

Bonobos, a kind of ape, have orgies. All the time. It's to the point where most zoos refuse to keep them.

27 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

There’s a reason the Orca, who is actually a dolphin, is called the killer whale.

I see why you're called the Water Mage now... qwq

21 minutes ago, Byliyth said:

I see why you're called the Water Mage now... qwq

Heh, I’m obsessed with water related stuff.

But since this probably getting to much for people here, here’s so fun, weird and not cruel facts about animals:

Remember when I said owls are dumb birds? Well, one of the reasons people associate owls with intelligence is because they see and hear well in the dark right? Well, that’s actually what makes them so dumb!  Because so much of their nerves and head are dedicated to make them see and hear well, it made their brains incredibly tiny. And because that tiny brain is already filled in natural hunting instincts, it leaves no room for thinking. Owls have terrible problem solving skills and often die because of dumb mistakes.

Even more weird and fun animal facts:

Penguin prostitution is a thing.

There’s a colony of lesbian albatrosses in Hawaii.

Cats meow to manipulate humans. They’re copying the cries of human babies to get human attention. Cats never meow at each to communicate.

There’s an actual species of immortal jellyfish in the seas of Japan.

And here’s some things some animals can’t do:

Kangaroos are incapable of farting, frogs are incapable of vomiting, elephant are incapable of jumping and giraffes are incapable of making much noise as they posses no vocal cords.

Edited by Water Mage

19 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

frogs are incapable of vomiting

So are horses. If they have a stomach virus they have to poop it out.

20 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

elephant are incapable of jumping

Probably a good thing.

Forreal tho, I love owls because of Guardians of Gahoole. I know they're actually really stupid but I still love them.

11 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Because dolphins have been known to save swimmers since ancient times and people do regularly swim alongside dolphins (without getting raped). Dolphins are wild creatures and you definitely have to be wary of them, but the counter impression that they're all demonstrable rapists waiting to kill you for sport is just as inaccurate. Yeah, that definitely does happen, but it happens in our society too. For every rapist dolphin there's a dolphin rape victim. It'd be like an alien race judging the merits of humanity based solely on our prison system.

9 hours ago, Water Mage said:

There's been no known fatal attacks by Killer Whales on humans in the wild. It is an apt name because they're possibly the most unchallenged apex predator in the world, but they aren't aggressive towards humans (if you see one still get out of the water asap though, no known fatal attacks doesn't mean there's not hundreds of unknown fatal attacks). Killer whales in captivity are another matter though. They kill enough that it can be called frequent which iamo is just more proof that we shouldn't' be keeping them locked in cages. They're very expressly objecting to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I like most animals, especially furry mammals and birds. Right now, cats are on the top of my list.

Before I got a cat, I am not sure if I have an absolute favorite. I liked cats about the same as dogs, ferrets, rabbits, rodents, poultry, and other small domestic animals. My next favorites are larger domestic animals (cows, sheep, equines, etc.) and other small wild animals (foxes, wolves, kiwis, etc.). After that, the rest of the mammals and birds are my nest favorites. The rest of the animals are my fourth tier favorite. And finally, I hate spiders so they are dead last.

I think spiders are the only animals that I absolutely despise and will kill without hesitation. I am fine with scorpions though.

Edited by XRay