MK404's FE7 Hack

Mage Knight 404

You act as if this is supposed to be some stupid, overly insane difficulty hack. It blatantly states in the first post:

The difficulty is variable. You will NOT see unfair enemy stats, nor you will see any over the top situation in which you must savestate a hundred times to clear an area. The enemies have received a minor boost in stats, but are still fairly easy to treat with. The point of this ROM hack is not not be insanely hard or challenging, it's to have fun.

If you want something that takes 99% luck to beat because of stupid, forced difficulty, then you're looking in the wrong place.

The premise of the hack was to 1) actually make a hack and 2) to make a hack that people would enjoy, due to the graphics, cameos, and the like. And, for the most part, I'd say that that fits the bill.

Edited by Lord Glenn

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's sad that that's all that ROM hacking has devolved into. Sure, games shouldn't be *press button and win,* but they don't need to always be *rip hair out in frustration over situational difficulty*. Plus, as I said, it expressly said that the hack wasn't meant to fall into the OMGWTFBBQ range of difficulty before the link to the patch was even found. It's not our fault that Inui's time was wasted when the information was right there in front of him.

This hack is easier than Sacred Stones. The difficulty is so low that it's problematic. It made me lose interest in the game. It got to a point where I could mindlessly send out any of my units and not care. Incredibly massive boosts were given to player characters while enemies have like +1 to all stats and +3-5 Lck and that's about it. It's just way too easy. If FE 6 enemy strength was aimed for, it'd be pretty fun, since your player characters would still destroy that but you wouldn't be able to be mindless.

Don't be so defensive.

Edited by Inui

That's great for you...? Like I said, this hack is by no means about the difficulty, so if you don't like how it's set up, then don't play it. Simple as that. Just because you're whining about how easy it is, doesn't mean that we're just going to up and change it to suit the whims of one person. (And, I checked - no one else that's posted in this thread has complained about the hack (barring glitches/issues/etc.), so... yeah. Not gonna happen.)

Why are you being so insulting and hostile just because I said the hack's difficulty was far too low? I'm not being a jerk about it, so there's no need for you to be a jerk about it for no reason.

Even if difficulty isn't important, it's still part of a game. If it's unfair, the game is likely to be too frustrating. If it's too easy, it can get boring.

So what if I'm the only person that mentioned the difficulty? Is that a big problem? Does that mean I don't have a right to complain about it, even if you said it's not an important factor? Even if it's not important, it's still a factor, and if a game is so easy I can mindlessly do whatever I want and win, that's a bit of a problem.

LG is only trying to prove a point that one shouldn't write off the difficulty or lack thereof of a ROM hack if there's a problem someone has with it. Sure, I dislike ROM hacks that are exceptionally difficult(heck, I don't really care for difficult games in general nowadays), but I still tried to make it enjoyable for the people that play it. Needless to say, it's been more than a year since I finished this, and I've learned a bit more about FE balancing.

That said, no one should bother trying to please everyone, and I'm no different. XD

• 3 months later...

I know it's off the subject but, in the mk404 fe7's hack, who do the slayer and thief fighter classes look like? I'm a newb at this and I want to know before I get to play.

...Is that really gonna be the difference between playing and not playing this hack?

• 4 weeks later...

The supports still mainly work like they do in regular FE7 (i.e. Linoan and Kent can support since Lyn and Kent could), however the list of supports that have actually been changed (and therefore definitely won't cause odd behavior) can be found in this post.

The unofficial tier list made by IOS is here and he has also posted the characters' growths and base stats (etc.) here.

The supports still mainly work like they do in regular FE7 (i.e. Linoan and Kent can support since Lyn and Kent could), however the list of supports that have actually been changed (and therefore definitely won't cause odd behavior) can be found in this post.

The unofficial tier list made by IOS is here and he has also posted the characters' growths and base stats (etc.) here.

In the desert chapter, will either Matthew or Kid be able to pick up the hidden treasures 100% of the time? Or only one of them is able to do that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Weird...

Regarding promotion items, does the Ocean Seal have any use in this game? I've tried it on several characters and none of them can use it, so it just seems like a useless item to me. Also, can Kid be promoted with a Fell Contract in this game? Once she promotes, can she still steal and use the Lockpick item? Thanks in advance!

The Ocean Seal is for Mel in Linoan's story. I had no foreknowledge of changing it in the desert, so it's there to look pretty.

Kid uses an Earth Seal to class change and can still steal and use lockpicks. The Fell Contract is strictly for Matthew.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I was wondering if I could get the growth rates you used for all characters. I need to get the stat averages for a argument debate on Gamefaqs. Or do you have them already posted somewhere?

IOS has a post that has them earlier in the thread: Here.

• 10 months later...

i have a quick question how do i recruit altenna i tried talking with leaf eliwood and raymond but theres no option she has her own death line her description says shes leafs sis so its pretty obvious she can be recruited somehow

i have a quick question how do i recruit altenna i tried talking with leaf eliwood and raymond but theres no option she has her own death line her description says shes leafs sis so its pretty obvious she can be recruited somehow

Aye, what Seph said. All characters are recruited the exact same way as in the original, since Altenna takes Guy's place, you still talk to her with Matthew, even though someone like Leaf or Fin might be the more logical choice.

Edited by Taku