I'm gonna call it now FEW 2 will be announced within the next 3 months

thecrimsonflash

On 5/25/2019 at 9:38 PM, Decerd said:

I'd love a sequel, but I don't think it'll happen until after Three Houses get released. A personal hope of mine is that in addition to bringing in Three Houses characters, it'll bring more characters from Awakening and Fates, child units included. Not just because they're my favorite games, but the salt from the vets will be absolutely amazing. 

How full of yourself can you be?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/28/2019 at 8:28 AM, Seazas said:

How full of yourself can you be?

In fairness to that view, we need some non-royal characters from Fates if possible. Oboro and Niles, don't get much to themselves. At least Oboro carries something to set her apart. But the fact that literally every Fates character is a Royal barring those 2 is a bother. The only Awakening character we need to spice things up a bit might be Vaike if we're looking at variety in movesets. While his would be similar to what Lissa got, it'd make sense for why their moves are similar.

But for the most part I stand against it. Some Three Houses, Tellius, Jugdral and Valentia characters would be plenty to spice things up a bit. with the existing characters still there.

4 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

In fairness to that view, we need some non-royal characters from Fates if possible. Oboro and Niles, don't get much to themselves. At least Oboro carries something to set her apart. But the fact that literally every Fates character is a Royal barring those 2 is a bother. The only Awakening character we need to spice things up a bit might be Vaike if we're looking at variety in movesets. While his would be similar to what Lissa got, it'd make sense for why their moves are similar.

But for the most part I stand against it. Some Three Houses, Tellius, Jugdral and Valentia characters would be plenty to spice things up a bit. with the existing characters still there.

What, no Elibe as well? You gotta have Elibe characters too

22 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

What, no Elibe as well? You gotta have Elibe characters too 

Light Strategist said "with the existing characters still there", which includes Lyn.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

You still have to include other Elibe characters like Roy, Lilina, Eliwood, and Hector though

Vaida and Yodel, then. 😛

I mean, the fact that Valentia/Elibe made it into FEW is a little weird.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if they just won't do a Three Houses Warriors. All the assets are basically already there. Its the same engine as in Fe Warriors so the character and class models are all there and there's even already an option to zoom in on the maps so they could be easily ported with some minor edits. For a company as lazy as Koei it would probably be quite tempting. 

The last chapter of the Black Eagles before the time skip especially gave me Warriors vibes. When walking around camp and talking to npc I almost expected the doors to open towards a Warriors stage like what always happens in the camps of DW8. 

On 8/17/2019 at 4:37 PM, Holder of the Heel said:

I would love Warriors 2 if Three Houses makes up a good portion of the cast. Maybe three from each House plus Byleth. Edelgard and Hubert for sure, Dimitri and Dedue, Claude and perhaps Hilda as the guarantees.

Better solution. Rather than 3 from each House, go with the ones you've suggested as well as Byleth and one other character from the Church.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I wonder if they just won't do a Three Houses Warriors. All the assets are basically already there. Its the same engine as in Fe Warriors so the character and class models are all there and there's even already an option to zoom in on the maps so they could be easily ported with some minor edits. For a company as lazy as Koei it would probably be quite tempting. 

The last chapter of the Black Eagles before the time skip especially gave me Warriors vibes. When walking around camp and talking to npc I almost expected the doors to open towards a Warriors stage like what always happens in the camps of DW8. 

I doubt they'd narrow the scope that much. I could certainly see them using a camp system like they have in prior DW games but I doubt they'd make it so blatently Three Houses. That being said, it'd be interesting to see if they decided to combine the Camp feature with an explorable area to allow the player a chance to enjoy more than just smashing enemy faces in.

Wouldn't mind a combination of the Monastary and My Castle features where you set the layout of it and improve various features but also decide how certain units spend their time. It'd be a great way to refine it.

Plus, if they included an Avatar creator they wouldn't need to have every character able to run around the area. Just the custom Avatar.

On 8/4/2019 at 2:59 AM, Gregster101 said:

You still have to include other Elibe characters like Roy, Lilina, Eliwood, and Hector though

I was actually looking more long-term. The way it was running through my mind is that you'd logically want to hold back something popular to make a follow-up installment certain to have something of worth to some target audiences. In fact, your pining for them pretty well proved my point.

Of course it couldn't hurt to sprinkle one or two other characters to throw a bone to whoever already wants the 'upcoming installment' in the same way that Lyn and Celica were included in the first one. (Throwing in Roy would be a fun idea due to a possible interaction with Lyn for example.) At any rate, I'm sure I don't need to say it but just in case: Lyn was included due to popularity for example and Celica was something for Gaiden fans, but due to Echoes' similar release window, they were able to adapt her design to accomodate her updated look in Echoes. It was just a massive coincidence that worked in their favour.

Doing that sort of thing again wouldn't inherently work against them if they added a plethora of newer characters from unrepresented entries (such as the ones I'd already suggested) and kept Elibe and Magvel largely on the back foot for a possible follow-up later down the line.

If all else fails they could always release them as DLC for FEW2.

Huh... didn't think I'd get so business-focused at 3:35 AM...

As someone who has a decade of playing and being part of most Warriors games and hype train, I wanna bring up something realistic or from experience:

- Expect 13 to 16 new movesets per entry unless the devs miraculously become super passionate like they did in HW. HW started on Wii U with 13 characters but it had a total of 17 to 19 movesets in vanilla. Most crossover Warriors games usually start out with 13 to 16 characters/moves as I said while for FE Warriors case it started with 20 characters but half of them have cloned movesets with different stats. So expect the sequel to do the same with having more characters but some as clones/semi-clones.

- However, FE Warriors 2 IMO would heavily benefit adding the Three Houses cast due to KT being involved with the engine/animation/programming/etc. Not only is FE 3 Houses as big as Awakening, it also saves resources and time for KT to simply reuse them due to the same engine or collaboration/future planning with their partnership with IS. Not to mention with the base game as the foundation, I expect FE Warriors 2 to have Three House reps in order to live on with the hype.

- FE Heroes also indirectly advertises/supports FE Warriors before so it would be a win-win for the FE series as a whole to support FE Warriors 2.

Assuming that the older cast are returning (which is very common for most crossover Warriors games so don't worry), these are the classes that have yet to appear in FE Warriors:

- Sword/ Lance Wyvern Riders (Could say the same for Pegasus Knights that don't have lance)

- Armored classes that isn't a Great Knight

- Bow Knights (Cavalry/Aerial)

- Soldier with Lances (not Oboro/Azura since that's Hoshidian. Something more traditional/straightforward)

- Lance Cavalry

- Beasts (Need more dragon/Laguz/etc)

- Assassin/Thief class movesets

- Light/Dark/Elemental focused mages like Druids

- Male axe units on foot like Berserkers/Hero/Warrior

Based on the polls/popularity of characters & games, this is what I may expect the roster chances for FEW 2 to be like (I can be wrong so take it as speculation). I won't be adding characters from Fates, Awakening & Marth's games just in case due to their DLCs being done:

- FE 3 Houses: (SPOILER WARNING)

Spoiler

Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri & Claude

Simple for this one. KT and IS collaborated so much and the game uses an identical engine and the moves even scream "Warriors-potential" especially Byleth since the chain-sword moveset has been done before (Kai from Samurai Warriors). Highly prefer their promoted classes due to their moveset potential btw.

Byleth as Enlightened One is literally sword with insane long range + magic. Edelgard can literally be the game's first playable armored lord with a unique axe. Dimitri's as lance foot lord screams Ganondorf Trident/Yukimura Sanada/Zhao Yun moves and Claude being a Barbossa/Wyvern Bow Knight would be stupidly amazing like his crit loop.

Hubert, Dedue, Hilda, Death Knight & Rhea/Seteth/Flayn

The first 3 are considered the "main assistants" to their respective lords and have something to distinguish. Hubert's a dark mage to Edelgard, Dedue can be a Fortress Knight to Dimitri and Hilda could be Lissa 2.0 minus the lightning staff magic. The last 3 have way lower chances though Rhea can literally be a giant dragon boss, Seteth's a Wyvern Knight and Flayn being a Bishop could specialize in light magic or so.

Death Knight would be very interesting should the game add Black Knight to create a duel between the two of them. Plus spear cavalry.

- Blazing Sword: Eliwood, Hector, Ninian/Nils, Jaffar & Nino

Lyn's already in the game so the Elibe trio lords need to be finished. Eliwood & Hector are both super popular in FE Heroes that they all got their Choose Your Legend alts as well as a whole bunch of them, fan favourites and FE Warriors definitely needs a cavalry sword lord & armored axe lord. I fear Eliwood could be a Xander clone unless they can at least semi-clone him to use fire moves instead of darkness that Xander uses.

Ninian & Nils are on strange chances though the former is more popular/plot relevant. Ninian is literally a manakete/dancer so she could be more or less like Tiki while Nils could be unique being the bard with a flute + dragon moveset maybe. The issue with these 2 is that they face competition with more popular characters.

Nino is quite popular in FE Heroes so she has potential to be in as an Anima mage or a Robin/Tharja/Linde clone but she has the lesser chance compared to the mentioned above. Same with Jaffar due to his connections with Nino but he's an Assassin class with two daggers which FE Warriors 2 could use.

- Echoes: Alm, one of Alm's childhood friends like Faye & Zeke (Spoilers for Zeke just in case)

Celica's in and Echoes is already quite popular in the fandom. Alm also just got his CYL alt and Legendary alt which means he's already a guaranteed to appear in FE W 2. The only problem is he's another sword foot user like Chrom and Marth which the roster is already bloated with.

Alm's childhood friends like Faye or Tobin for example can be very versatile for KT to mess around with. They can choose any moveset to put upon them and go crazy much like how they turn Lissa into a War Cleric axe.

Spoiler

Zeke is Camus. Camus already represents 3 games and is a lance cavalry user as well as being Marth's rival. He has a lot of reasons to be in which increases his chances.

- Binding Blade: Roy, Lilina & Zephiel

Roy's already super popular so nuff said and the fact he uses fire magic on his blade helps him stand out. Lilina could be a fire mage/Anima mage and is a partner to Roy while Zephiel can literally decimate the battlefield with his insane sword and as an armor sword unit. Zephiel also has interaction potentials with some moral gray characters as well.

- Sacred Stones: Eirika, Ephraim, Seth & Lyon

The first two have higher chances though Eirika could end up being a Marth/Celica/Xander clone while Ephraim could be a lance foot/cavalry user. Seth for Xander clone as well.

Lyon could spice it up being a dark mage and a tome that literally does dark storms and black holes. A good villain rep for FE Warriors 2 for dark mage rep.

- Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn: Ike, Sorin, Titania, Black Knight, Micaiah, Sothe, one Laguz

This one's tricky due to how this game's base squad is plentiful but not known well. Ike would be more of a heavy/great blade user, Sorin's a wind mage/tactician (the game only has Robin for tactics/brains and maybe Leo), Titania can be a Frederic clone and Black Knight is needed to have the game's version of Lu Bu. For the Radiant Dawn team, Sothe could help fill the thief/assassin role for daggers moveset and Micaiah can be a light magic main. The Laguz have plenty to choose from the birds like Naesala/Tibarn/Reyson and  & the lion gang like Caneighis. 

- Geneology of Holy War: Sigurd & Arvis

Considering that FE 3 Houses is highly inspired by this game and Geneology isn't known worlwide, I can only assume KT would at least try to have two of the most important lords in that game to be in despite the very low chances. Sigurd can pretty much be a Xander clone due to sword cavalry while Arvis can be similar to Lilina's fire magic but more meteors.

- Heroes: Veronica, Fjorm & Feh

I expect at least one due to Heroes popularity. I don't add the Askr trio due to Rowan & Lianna existing as well as Warriors Anna. Veronica & Fjorm however being super popular for an original could have huge interactions or plot relevance for the game's story. Plus Fjorm with an ice spear and ice beam literally screams Warriors potential too but she may end up being a semi-clone to Azura.

Feh the mascot would just be the "Agitha" with a low but wild chance since KT can be unpredictable in their roster decisions. But the idea FeH using a summoner moveset is super unique if you think about it. However, Veronica herself could do a similar moveset too.