Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid: Lord Drakkon confirmed

Jedi

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01/22/a-new-power-rangers-fighting-game-is-on-the-way

Hasbro revealed today that a new game set in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers universe is will be released in 2019. Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid is fighting game due out in April 2019 for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch. The game is due out on PC at a later date.

Battle For The Grid will feature rangers and villains "past and present" from the popular show. There will be cross-play on Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

Looks like it's based on the mobile game and they made it a proper fighter. Looks like it could be fun.

Edited by Jedi

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Mmm, I'm not convinced. 

Maybe if I see more gameplay where both combatants are creating a chorus of "Ee-yah! Hiyah! Ee-yah!"

It’ll happen lmao.

Yeah, I'm gonna a wait till I see more as well! I tried the mobile game, and while I feel like it's a pretty good game, I'm not big on it cuz of the controls... :( Touch controls and I don't get along too well! XD

I really hope it will have a decent amount of content as well... :)

If I was still into Power Rangers, this would probably be the coolest thing since sliced bread. But I'm not, and this isn't. That said, looks kinda fun, fighting games outside of Smash really aren't my jam, but I played some kind of Power Rangers mobile game a while back that I enjoyed. I dunno, haven't followed the series since Megaforce, although from what I hear I haven't missed much.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:49 PM, DarthR0xas said:

If I was still into Power Rangers, this would probably be the coolest thing since sliced bread. But I'm not, and this isn't. That said, looks kinda fun, fighting games outside of Smash really aren't my jam, but I played some kind of Power Rangers mobile game a while back that I enjoyed. I dunno, haven't followed the series since Megaforce, although from what I hear I haven't missed much.

If the mobile game was Legacy Wars then, that is what this is based on. 

Also if you ever did wanna catch up with PR stuff, i'd say watch Linkara's History of Power Rangers stuff, I think he's past Megaforce now on those (and he kind of loathed Megaforce). 

Edited by IS Bath Salts HQ

19 hours ago, IS Bath Salts HQ said:

If the mobile game was Legacy Wars then, that is what this is based on. 

Also if you ever did wanna catch up with PR stuff, i'd say watch Linkara's History of Power Rangers stuff, I think he's past Megaforce now on those (and he kind of loathed Megaforce). 

Funny enough I actually watched Linkara's HOPR but never the main series. I think the only PR i finished is RPM back then lol. Finished a couple of Sentais though

On an unrelated note i just realized the guy who played in a movie i watched near the end of last year is actually Dino Charge Blue. Him not having that long caveman hair throws me out of loop

The real question of this game is how many Tommy is there going to be

20 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Funny enough I actually watched Linkara's HOPR but never the main series. I think the only PR i finished is RPM back then lol. Finished a couple of Sentais though

On an unrelated note i just realized the guy who played in a movie i watched near the end of last year is actually Dino Charge Blue. Him not having that long caveman hair throws me out of loop

The real question of this game is how many Tommy is there going to be

5 no more no less :P

Bumping with some new info 

https://gonintendo.com/stories/327051-power-rangers-battle-for-the-grid-info-on-gameplay-features-c?fbclid=IwAR15Ahu7mSON8aM6HRaLnc4q3TP7BiZwjGBO3FebJk5E2Klo5hQUBJ5uAVw

- the game is not a mobile port, and a straight mobile port was never considered 
- visuals were built from the ground-up 
- gameplay controls are in line with a traditional fighter 
- you have full control of everyone on your team, three vs. three 
- use them for an assist attack or full-on swap out to take full control 
- uses the Unity engine 
- the game has been in development for a year 
- controls allow for both simple combos and freeform combos of your own 
- the devs plan to release new characters after launch 
- moves/attacks take inspiration from the show 
- there are a lot of surprises coming up in the next few weeks that fans should be very excited about 
- fighting takes place on a 2D plane 
- currently, the only way you'll only be able to get skins through DLCs, but that's still being decided upon 
- Season One Pass will include 3 fighters, an Arcade story, and a new warrior skin 
- those 3 fighters will be launched as time passes, and not all on day one 
- game includes a full training and practice mode 
- cross-play between Switch, Xbox One, and PC 
- the team is hoping to add in PS4 cross-platform support later down the line 
- includes a ranked mode, as well as a leaderboard 
- you'll also be able to easily play with friends online 
- characters will hit poses after long strings of combos/attacks that reflect what they do in the TV shows 
- includes a new selection of grabs as well 
- you have access to a standing guard and a low guard 
- stages will be based around a lot of the environments told within story mode, but they do not have interactive elements 
- there will be 15 fighters at launch, with the following revealed so far

Mighty Morphin Red/Jason 
Mighty Morphin Green/Tommy 
-Green Ranger V2 skin 
Megaforce Yellow/Gia 
Lord Drakkon/Evil Tommy 
-Lord Drakkon Evo II skin 
Pink Ranger/Kimberly (suspected to be Ranger Slayer) 
- Mighty Morphin Pink skin

• 1 month later...