Profound Nostalgic Moments in Video Games

So, what were some of your most nostalgic experiences with video games? Happy, sad, frustrating, scary (like how Nostalgia Critic and Joshcorcher did for media in general), or funny? Disappointment, even?

For me, I have a vendetta against Riku in the original Kingdom Hearts, as he was the one of two reasons I still have not beaten the game today (other than preoccupance with other things). I had trouble with previous bosses (Anti-Sora and Dragon Maleficent in particular), but I have yet to beat him. I expect an easy rematch though, and it will be so satisfying.

Other than that, I don’t think I have anything else that was truly profound in terms of emotions.

Playing Pirates! Live the Life! after a few years of not doing so. I've already said before that it's my most nostalgic game ever, but when I replayed it again... I honestly wish I had a camera and recording equipment. I had a huge smile on my face as I remembered the cartoony yet down-to-earth animations, how the music changes between screens, how fun all the minigames are... I had a blast. Even more so as I played strategically this time around and wasn't as omnicidal as I was as a youngster (for the most part). I also experimented with the higher difficulties, as I didn't really understand the mechanic of choosing a higher or lower difficulty in the same playthrough as a kid, and found out that the game could be harder than I remembered in a good way, as I wanted a challenge with the game and mechanics I love.

Back when I was a young un, I had to get a strategy guide for Spyro: Year of the Dragon because I didn't know how to beat the first boss, and then I had to explain to my parents why I needed a memory card. I went backwards through the classic Spyro trilogy and they were all the picture of my childhood. I still have that strategy guide although it is held together with tape and drawn in with crayon because I was destructive. 

Reignited makes me puke rainbows and I am eagerly awaiting a Switch port.

Every time I play the part of Xenoblade 1 where Melia has to defeat her brother because he turned in to a Telethia makes me have feels every time because my sibling relationship is weird and so any time I see sibling relationships that tug at the heart makes me emotional.  The same is true for TMS and Tsubasa singing to free her sister.

• The end of Metal Gear Solid 3.  Hell, that entire game is nostalgia for me, but damn if that ending never fails to get me.
  • Taking the elevator up the Washington Monument in Fallout 3.  It doesn't have the same impact it did initially, but I always remember how breathtaking I thought the view was.
  • On top of Death Mountain in Zelda: A Link to the Past.  Again, quite a view, hard to forget.
  • The opening theme of Resident Evil Outbreak.  It was my first time playing through any game in the series, and it was the game with the best theme in the series.
  • Ace Combat 04.  Just in general.  Especially the soundtrack.  The siege on Farbanti and the final battle at Megalith were monumental.
  • Zelda: Ocarina of Time in general is just nostalgic.  Though specifically remember Zora's Domain.
  • Zelda: Majora's Mask.  Again, just generally nostalgic.  And again, I specifically remember Zora's Domain.  Damn if the Zoras don't always seem to have gorgeous homes in the 3D games.
  • The Second Battle of Hoover Dam in Fallout: New Vegas.  Just a mess, and everything you did prior to the battle culminates into the final moment where you face down whatever enemies you may have from the major factions.  I remember throwing General Oliver off the dam in my first playthrough.
  • Somehow, Fire Emblem Awakening has some points of nostalgia for me.  Most of them involve Lucina.  And the grinding theme - Conquest - is massive nostalgia for me.
  • The Suicide Mission in Mass Effect 2.  Listen to the score for that part of the game, and you'll understand how I feel.
  • The Oblivion prison sequence.  Not particularly a pinnacle of the game, but memories come flooding back whenever I go through this routine.  I'll also say the big heist in the Thieves Guild was quite memorable and nostalgic for me.
  • CaS in Sims 2.  I remember being blown away by the level of customization in that game.  And somehow, it's still more customization than some games offer, though I say that knowing that customization isn't the primary focus for a lot of games.
  • Theme of Sims 1.
  • The Fourside them in Smash.  Earthbound just has some really good tracks, and I remember jamming to them while beating the crap out of assorted Nintendo mascots underneath a UFO.

These are the things that stuck out most in my mind, though there are probably more.

3 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Every time I play the part of Xenoblade 1 where Melia has to defeat her brother because he turned in to a Telethia makes me have feels every time because my sibling relationship is weird and so any time I see sibling relationships that tug at the heart makes me emotional.  The same is true for TMS and Tsubasa singing to free her sister.

SPOILED!

I saw him transform but I didn't know that part :(

2 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

for me, it's surely these:

Man, if you asked me to recall every memorable moment in the Metal Gear franchise, I'd be here all day and my post would be long enough to be moderated as a blog post.

31 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

SPOILED!

I saw him transform but I didn't know that part :(

Sorry I thought you had beat the game already.  Plus I tend to forget to spoiler tag games that are 5 years old or older.