Danganronpa V3 Mafia - Day 3

SB.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In hindsight, the conversation about Refa/Mitsuru was being made out to be important than it actually was. Reading Nuxl/Dusk in this exchange there is an urgency in their posts, but as I played along I felt like I wasn't really getting anything out of either; Refa picked up a good point about Fenrir (I was thinking the same myself). When it comes to Nuxl/Dusk I find their behavior to be even more telling in a vacuum. I dunno if I mentioned it but I'm like sitting at variably confident and egotistically confident that if Dusk is scum he's riding the coattails of Nuxl because it's something he can comfortably rely on. Not building a case on this fact but in terms of his individual behavior I don't like certain things, such as how Dusk had to exemplify that he was a helper but his attitude and posts don't seem very helpful, more or less trying to get by. There's a lot of posturing to it and the vibe I got is that Dusk has a basic understanding of how a townie acts but like..I dunno if he's actually town. I think one thing I'll give him credit for is being self-aware but it's almost to a fault, and basically why I don't like him. Other small gripes include non-committal to my response despite voting Mitsuru prior to it and having numbers in his name maybe. As for Nuxl? I talked a decent bit about it and I think Dusk is the uhh more Interesting person here.

It's funny, I initially didn't like Mitsuru and I was thinking 'wow Dusk's vote is pretty good' but then I feel like he hasn't taken the opportunity to expand that vote at all or why he's still on it lol

2 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

Fleet was also very uncertain and mostly reactive, but more in a "I want to find scum but idk how to do it" way then here? I can't actually word it well but is does look different here imo

My answer to this is basically what @Duskfall98 said. I think you can expect my playstyle to change a bit/develop. 

Especiallt the "As you can see, I suck at reading people" stands out to me as unnecessarily defeatist/dramatic

That's just me being a bit too conscious of my readings. I honestly feel like reading people is my biggest problem. I'll try to avoid it if it seems annoying.

Self-projection incoming, but smth else that bothered me with Fleet was the readslist they posted, and then not necessarily what was in it but the fact that they posted it. In the first place, town!fleet didn't post a single readlist and secondly from what I recall from my two scumgames (the first two mafiagames I played) I posted a lot of readslists bc it was just an easy way to produce content / get smth out there and when I rolled town I did that a lot less.

Ngl I think you're reading too much into it. I saw Dusk do it, which is why I also decided to do one as well, and I might make more depending on how the game progresses.

You mention you're going to reread a bunch of people. If you've already done this, what's the most noteworthy thing you picked up? 

Reread weiner, still indifferent to him.

Fenrir made a point about Ichigo which I'm inclined to agree with, though for that I'll need to read the Arctic Mafia Thread, so I'll see if I get the time to do that. 

Refa made a point against Fenrir, which I agree with after rereading Fenrir's posts. But I dunno if its enough to lynch Fenrir or something, so I'll see how he responds to it.

I've yet to reread Shinori but iirc I don't they really said much.

You haven't listed a scumlean yet, if you had to pick one, who would it be and what is the biggest question you have for them?

Honestly speaking, I'd say you. I feel like your reading too into why I made a readlist. I also think its strange that you expect my playstyle to be the same as before, when I feel its more reasonable to assume that my playstyle is going to change a bit. This is my second game after all. Then you voting me just makes it  all the more suspicious, but I can understand if this is just your way of questioning by pressuring.

So, @Athena_57, I don't really have any question for you. I wanted to know your input on Dusk's point about Ichigo, but you already gave your input on the latter being back to null.

You described Fenrir as a mixed bag, which posts from him gave you a good/bad impresion? On that note, what do you think of Refa's vote on fenrir?

Impression so far: A bit suspicious but not to the extent of wanting to lynch him. About the vote: stated above.

11 hours ago, Refa said:

@weinerboy What's your actual read on Nuxl? Asking because he's a null for me, but you seem to be bothered by him and also aren't voting him so...pretty good question on my part IMO.

Kinda plays into what I said about Dusk honestly. I stick to what I said about him before earlier on (see: distraction scum/easy read as town). What do you see him as? I'm leaning on the side of easy read but figuring out Dusk first will help with that, hence still sticking to my vote. If I'm wrong I'll sheep you on Fenrir I GUESS

And weiner posts while I was still typing, lol.

12 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

In hindsight, the conversation about Refa/Mitsuru was being made out to be important than it actually was. Reading Nuxl/Dusk in this exchange there is an urgency in their posts, but as I played along I felt like I wasn't really getting anything out of either

I agree with this as well. I didn't really find the conversation to be anything super important than it was made out to be.

41 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

In hindsight, the conversation about Refa/Mitsuru was being made out to be important than it actually was. Reading Nuxl/Dusk in this exchange there is an urgency in their posts, but as I played along I felt like I wasn't really getting anything out of either; Refa picked up a good point about Fenrir (I was thinking the same myself). When it comes to Nuxl/Dusk I find their behavior to be even more telling in a vacuum. I dunno if I mentioned it but I'm like sitting at variably confident and egotistically confident that if Dusk is scum he's riding the coattails of Nuxl because it's something he can comfortably rely on. Not building a case on this fact but in terms of his individual behavior I don't like certain things, such as how Dusk had to exemplify that he was a helper but his attitude and posts don't seem very helpful, more or less trying to get by. There's a lot of posturing to it and the vibe I got is that Dusk has a basic understanding of how a townie acts but like..I dunno if he's actually town. I think one thing I'll give him credit for is being self-aware but it's almost to a fault, and basically why I don't like him. Other small gripes include non-committal to my response despite voting Mitsuru prior to it and having numbers in his name maybe. As for Nuxl? I talked a decent bit about it and I think Dusk is the uhh more Interesting person here.

It's funny, I initially didn't like Mitsuru and I was thinking 'wow Dusk's vote is pretty good' but then I feel like he hasn't taken the opportunity to expand that vote at all or why he's still on it lol

I have a few questions for you following this:

1) In what way do you believe I am riding nuxl's coat tails?

2) Can you explain more about me being a helper? I don't really get what you are trying to say.

3) Where specifically do you believe I was non committal? 

4) I am not sure how you would want me to expand on my Claire vote, as I have already said to Athena I am waiting for Claire to reply, it is difficult to progress reads on a person when they are not here. How would you have liked me to act?

28 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

My answer to this is basically what @Duskfall98 said. I think you can expect my playstyle to change a bit/develop. 

33 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Ngl I think you're reading too much into it. I saw Dusk do it, which is why I also decided to do one as well, and I might make more depending on how the game progresses.

The problem isn't necessarily change, the problem is sudden change in a direction I see as bad. I'm not saying readlists are always bad (make them if you want to make them), but it definitely stood out to me as smth I didn't recognize from you, esp with my own tendency to do them more as scum in mind. Also, are you saying you're modeling your content after dusks shitposts?

38 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Honestly speaking, I'd say you. I feel like your reading too into why I made a readlist. I also think its strange that you expect my playstyle to be the same as before, when I feel its more reasonable to assume that my playstyle is going to change a bit. This is my second game after all. Then you voting me just makes it  all the more suspicious, but I can understand if this is just your way of questioning by pressuring.

Hehe, I like this pushback tbh. Mildly annoyed your main defense is copied from dusk tho (don't blame you for it, but would be more telling if you'd first said it yourself)

Going to do a pending unvote here bc I actually quite like that you're pushing back. Pending bc I can see myself going back in the near future. I disagree w/ dusk that just bc your playstyle is evolving we can't compare your games at all because I expect your tone to still be relatively telling and also think massive changes in style are still bad. To be continued....

##Unvote

##Vote: Fenrir Aesir

@Refa nothing’s really stood out to me yet that’s AI between Dusk and Claire; although that may change very quickly since I decided the first thing I was going to do today was go back through everything from the start since the whole game kind of just feels slow and maybe I missed something interesting.

So, with that reread in mind:

Nuxl’s early posts are really free-flowing, and even if he’s an experienced player my instinct is to say that as scum in a new community for the first time he’d show some level of restraint. His transition into his more serious discussion/gamesolving also feels natural and I’m feeling more confident in my townread here.

Ichigo’s question towards Refa looks worse in combination with his later pop-in. Regardless of whether it was a scumread or just wondering why Refa was apologizing, he pretty much ignored everything that came about as a result of Claire asking the same thing with more detail. I also don’t like this post from him: 

8 hours ago, Ichigo said:

If Refa ignored my post I'd have just brought it up again - I don't think saying my post could have been ignored is a good argument (it obv couldn't have since everyone is talking about it anyway)

I don't see anyone trying to make some sort of "argument" based on Ichigo's earlier posts and this implies to me that he's only reading through things that pertain to what people think of him. That said, like I said earlier I definitely think this is a different Ichigo from Arctic Mafia. @weinerboy you were saying you had a light townread him based on his tone earlier, what do you think now? I'll also go ahead and notify @Mitsuru Kirijosince they've apparently played together a lot.

Claire's tone in roleplaying is really throwing me off when I try to read her. Ignoring that and trying to focus on the content alone, I still don't really see the issue with the nitpicking, regardless of whether Claire acknowledged she was nitpicking or not. I'm gonna try and read the games she linked when I have more time and I don't remember that much about her play in Arctic so I'll looked over that as well.

Kind of trying to figure out what Shinori's lack of content means (if it means anything at all), since at one point they straight up said, "I'm not doing anything." My gut instinct's to say that they were looking to see if anyone would jump on them for it, but no one did so @Shinori what do you think of Dusk/Claire/others?

@Mitsuru Kirijo I disagree still your your accusation of Dusk defending Refa. I'm pretty sure I mentioned last night that what he said basically amounted to "it's possible Refa forgot about gamestart" which doesn't really give Refa a potential answer imo.

@ULTRA PRODIGY NUXL talk to me some more on what Dusk's like as a player. I get a very reactive vibe from his posts towards Claire but it's throwing me off that he took so long after his initial accusation to actually vote her. I'm down to hear @Duskfall98's comments too; this is the kind of thing I'd consider to be "not committing" to a read and this comment:

13 hours ago, Duskfall98 said:

I think it's important not to give excess town cred just because someone is roleplaying. It's like when you suggested before that trying to play in just emotes would make someone town read you, there's no real reason for it you just do it because it's easier.

feels off since no one was really townreading Claire for roleplaying. It feels like you just wanted to dissuade people from townreading her pre-emptively, if that makes sense.

13 hours ago, Duskfall98 said:

Sorry to answer your question with a question, but if she thinks it's a nitpick; why does she bother asking? If she's town clearly there's some point to gain from it and tbh I just don't see what that is. If she thinks it's openly nitpicky then surely the answer doesn't matter that much, why would you bother asking it as town?

I'd assume to get reads based on the reaction to the nitpick itself (akin to how she formed an early read on Nuxl with it). You mentioned being willing to do something similar later:

12 hours ago, Duskfall98 said:

I'm willing to pressure someone just for the sake of discussion and see where it takes us, it's probably the best way to get a good read on someone imo.

So why is it a bad thing when someone else does it?

@Flee Fleet! counterpoints to your Nuxl read: town can also post frequently in an effort to interact with people. Do you get the feeling that Nuxl's trying to gain influence/control the thread as opposed to gaining reads on people via interacting?

Need to take a look at Fleet's last game here still; will do so upon returning. Irregardless of it I do like the approach Athena is taking with how they're questioning Fleet/pushing them to give more concrete opinions; I think as scum he'd be more likely to just go "this is scum ##vote fleet, thank you next."

Welcome to SFMafia @DarthR0xas :D I have the same question (sort of for you) that I did for Fleet: what's the scum motivation for having a high postcount? You explained that it's common for scum to do it on ToS, but what would be the mindset leading to it? Also, what're your thoughts on some of the other more prominent players currently (to memory Claire and myself)?

This took longer to type than I anticipated and I have to get ready to head out; but atm I'm looking at Mitsuru/Dusk as a town/scum interaction and have a weaker FoS on Ichigo.

##Unvote

##Vote Duskfall98

15 hours ago, ULTRA PRODIGY NUXL said:

nuxl is fine :B):

interesting to break character here, but that's probably more town indicative(esp the latter part of the post).

##Unvote

##Vote: Flee Fleet!

@Fenrir Aesir this post is what I was refering to regarding towncred for roleplaying. Looking back I will admit it wasn't fully accurate but I think my point still stands, as I sadi to nuxl that whether someone to chooses to roleplay or not roleplay at any point is nai to me. I think nuxl understood what I meant by this during our coversation too.

3 minutes ago, ULTRA PRODIGY NUXL said:

off dusk fuckers. i don't really think he's scum atm and i think the votes on him are too easily wagoned

that being said I've historically had problems reading him in the past but scum dusk is kind of a pussy when it came to interacting with people and i can't really see an agenda to his posts wrt pushing claire so... yeah

1 minute ago, hal said:

the correct angleshoot is that if i were scum then i would've realized that the game started earlier because i was on discord all day today and yesterday

basically yeah; my angleshoot wasbt my next comment. your activity was after your role pm but before game started so it felt more like u just didn't give a fuck lmfao

17 hours ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Greetings everyone, I am Mitsuru Kirijo please to make everyone's acquaintance. I will do my best to find the shadows hiding among us. At the moment the only post of interest comes from the one below.

I do not understand why you’re apologizing here Refa, you were one of the first people to post. I could be a bit nitpicky as some people call it, but perhaps you could explain.

I’m still a bit confused did you assume the game started a lot sooner then it began or?

I assume everyone the game state will change in time. For now, I believe I will do the following.

##Vote No lynch. 

##vote mitsuru kirijo