Danganronpa V3 Mafia - Day 3

SB.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fenrir Aesir said:

what's the scum motivation for having a high postcount?

It's a bit of reverse psychology. Having more posts makes you seem far more open than if you most very little. In my experience, actually townies post somewhat often, but they don't spam posts. Often times, the scum take an active roll in trying to find themselves, steering the conversation and driving suspicion as far away as possible. While actual townies also try to actively search for scum, they aren't as enthusiastic in it as a scum pretending to be a townie. The whole, going a little to hard trying to convince others, thing. Admittedly, this does offer up a bit of a gray area, since it could just be a particularly vindictive or excitable townie, but 9/10 in my experience it ends up being scum.

2 hours ago, Fenrir Aesir said:

Also, what're your thoughts on some of the other more prominent players currently (to memory Claire and myself)?

Honestly, I haven't quite developed concrete positions on a lot of the people within this thread. There's no irrefutable proof, at least as far as I can see so far, that anyone is a townie. There was also that drama involving Claire a couple pages ago that I never really understood. Should probably re-read that. As for yourself, I've seen some of the stuff against you, but I'll need to see a little bit more before coming to any conclusions.

21 minutes ago, hal said:

guys i can't be expected to read this game when i'm constantly accosted by weeb signatures

I mean, it isn't that hard to just scroll past'em. That said, what's the rational behind just ignoring the game for a few days? You said that you don't want to get shot, and something about a lylo (which, uh, what is that?), but outright ignoring it is a way more suspicious behavior in my eyes, and has a greater potential of getting you killed.

9 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Duskfall98: Giving off those town vibes tbh. Leaning towards town.

why

Fenrir Aesir: Mixed bag. Agreed with their later opinion on Mitsuru's question to Refa I guess. May reread their posts.

why

Mitsuru Kirijo (Claire): Posts and vives so far have made me think they're town.

why

Refa: Not much of an opinion yet, gonna reread their posts.

why

weinerboy (Soup): Giving townie vibes, but will reread their posts as well.

why

doesnt matter if you suck at reading people. did you get ahead to rereading their posts and concluding something as a result? can you expand on what your reasoning is here? i wanna dig into that Flee Fleet mindset here

5 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

I often see that a lot of messages means you're mafia, er-scum in this case I suppose. So I'll say scum-lean on these two, although it's not a strong lean by any means, and I think I'll retain from voting on either of them for now.

Everyone else generally seems pretty amiable. Ichigo seems a little off to me, but nothing strong. 

expand on ur ichigo read?

the "higher posts" thing is not really logic i can fault from newbtown but what is your "experience" with this

same thing with the obvious shading a slot without applying appropriate pressure. it's kind of hedgy and coasty that i currently can't discern if it comes from newbtown not wanting to be erroneously confident in a read or newbscum shading and providing ambivalence to any potential wagons.

tl;dr PRESSURE :clap: ME :clap: AND :clap: OTHERS :clap: IF :clap: YOU :clap: THINK :clap: THEY :clap: FEEL :clap: SCUMMY
also expand on your reasoning so i can get into your logic

4 hours ago, weinerboy said:

In hindsight, the conversation about Refa/Mitsuru was being made out to be important than it actually was. Reading Nuxl/Dusk in this exchange there is an urgency in their posts, but as I played along I felt like I wasn't really getting anything out of either; Refa picked up a good point about Fenrir (I was thinking the same myself). When it comes to Nuxl/Dusk I find their behavior to be even more telling in a vacuum. I dunno if I mentioned it but I'm like sitting at variably confident and egotistically confident that if Dusk is scum he's riding the coattails of Nuxl because it's something he can comfortably rely on. Not building a case on this fact but in terms of his individual behavior I don't like certain things, such as how Dusk had to exemplify that he was a helper but his attitude and posts don't seem very helpful, more or less trying to get by. There's a lot of posturing to it and the vibe I got is that Dusk has a basic understanding of how a townie acts but like..I dunno if he's actually town. I think one thing I'll give him credit for is being self-aware but it's almost to a fault, and basically why I don't like him. Other small gripes include non-committal to my response despite voting Mitsuru prior to it and having numbers in his name maybe. As for Nuxl? I talked a decent bit about it and I think Dusk is the uhh more Interesting person here.

It's funny, I initially didn't like Mitsuru and I was thinking 'wow Dusk's vote is pretty good' but then I feel like he hasn't taken the opportunity to expand that vote at all or why he's still on it lol

Did weinerboy just make a paragraph and come out with nothing; especially wrt not even pressuring dusk's slot. He's literally asked me more questions than the person who his vote's currently on

Almost as if it's pro-scum to be non-committal about wagons in general!!! ??? DUSk feels like hes a basic understanding of beign town but IDK if he is town yet!! !LOL

I just don'tg et the vibe that he thought about that paragraph seriously and instead came out with some hedgy bullshit

##Unvote

##Vote Weinerboy

Gonna sort through previous games and see if i feel flee's newbtown. Still havent installed iso feature so i'll get to that when I do so. Darth's progression looks ok. Me complaining about pressuring probably cant mean anything because they're new to NOC in general.

1 minute ago, ULTRA PRODIGY NUXL said:

@weinerboyLIKE I LITERALLY SAW YOU LURKING HERE LMAO

You also dodged like two of my questions?

Wait never mind i saw his activity and it was 20 minutes ago which was before my posts. So bottom of the thread probably lasts for 15 mins like smogon

Second part of this post still remains

6 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

I always find it suspicious whenever someone comes out and states whatever side they're on. It just feels off. If someone comes out and claims scum, then you'd think that person is lying, or at least question them a bit. For me, the same psychology applies to the reverse. And he's done this multiple times over his posts, which to me is a behavior of someone who would be deserving a slight scumread.

As for Dusk, there's no direct post I can point to as standing out, but his general tone is what has me off about him. Mayhaps it's due to the quantity of his posts leading to his tone sticking out more than it otherwise would, but he just seems too friendly. His demeanor as a whole seems too manufactured for my tastes, although maybe I'm just bad a reading people based off text.

Literally weird reasons to scumread people so Darth probably just Weird Town for now
I find it more likely newbscum would 1) jump on a wagon already getting traction(shading me; though I guess you can infer this from pushing dusk and not voting him either) 2) ask for advice wrt their partners before pushing people so this seems like a more natural mindset

6 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

And for postcount, maybe it's just my background in mafia games then. Most of mine were on Town of Salem, which certainly has different trains of thought for finding scum than on a forum. Generally, if some dude was posting a lot, then that was a sign they're either maf, or a third party that kills. 

Town of salem is nowhere near the playing level of experience that people typing libraries and yelling at each other on the internet for being a red name with no material gain besides ego so i also think this is a weird logic to spin too

Nah I don't have enough info to commit on smogon as a whole rn, you seem towny to me but you also seem like you are going crazy because no one is talking to you hahah. Hal has hardly post and I hope he's town but there's not enough to make a read for me, he didn't do anything ai.

He starts off saying that mine and Claire's interaction is not ai then he lists a bunch of things I said about Claire which he doesn't agree with and votes me. Very contradictory but I'm aware I could be over focusing on it because it's myself he is talking about.

2 minutes ago, Duskfall98 said:

Nah I don't have enough info to commit on smogon as a whole rn, you seem towny to me but you also seem like you are going crazy because no one is talking to you hahah. Hal has hardly post and I hope he's town but there's not enough to make a read for me, he didn't do anything ai.

K
Wdym by me going crazy. Do you think im on a wrong mindset or soems?