Jump to content
SB.

Danganronpa V3 Mafia - Day 3

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Duskfall98 said:

I think roleplaying effects tone more than it effects content though. Unless shes legit trying to think like her character would and willingly go against her own better judgment while she plays which is ??

Not that I really feel this is ai tbh.

you can't tonally read this as easily because she's playing to her character

what did you think about mitsuru's content. how do you feel when you read the "nitpicky"ness of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duskfall98 said:

I think roleplaying effects tone more than it effects content though. Unless shes legit trying to think like her character would and willingly go against her own better judgment while she plays which is ??

Not that I really feel this is ai tbh.

I don't fully follow what you mean by this. I agree roleplaying affects tone more than content, but what does that have to do with Claire acknowledging she was nitpicking? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ULTRA PRODIGY NUXL said:

you can't tonally read this as easily because she's playing to her character

what did you think about mitsuru's content. how do you feel when you read the "nitpicky"ness of it?

Alright so question to you:

Would Mitsuru try to veil slip-ups and correct them under the guise of "I am roleplaying" as scum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fenrir Aesir said:

I agree with this tbh. I'd also add an issue with this part of Dusk's original post in particular: "seems super nitpicky from mitsurus behalf as he admits himself." I'm having trouble wording it because words are hard and all that but I don't like that he's acknowledging that Claire (ye Claire's Mitsuru btw) acknowledged it was nitpicky and then still FoSing it. If Claire was actually trying to push Refa @Duskfall98 why would they admit they were nitpicking?

I don't agree as much on the defending bit considering Dusk was literally just like "it's believable."

Scum doesn't have to push a lynch for it to by scummy, in fact giving loose reads and not committing is probably scummy to me because it gives scum a good reason to jump on a wagon later easily without looking like they started it.

I don't think Claire saying its nitpicky is relevant to me being able to say its nitpicky. If I couldnt say that then scum could just pretend to be Eminem all day and point out flaws in their post so town has nothing to comment on? But maybe that's not what you meant and I am misundertsanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@weinerboybut i think it's something that scum could do. i find it more likely people who are roleplaying would maintain this persona regardless of what was going on in that instance. did you have a different impression? the roleplaying break came up in the topic that they outed their main which i felt towny on a kneejerk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ULTRA PRODIGY NUXL said:

i dont know cuz ive never played with mitsuru before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

K well the whole reason you unvoted her is based on the fact she gave you a pass for scumreading her posts based on tone (and roleplaying), so I don't know why you're uh..saying you don't know. I'm not trying to get involved in circular logic but like you spent not even 3 posts before you decided what you did what a misunderstanding.
 

1 minute ago, ULTRA PRODIGY NUXL said:

@weinerboybut i think it's something that scum could do. i find it more likely people who are roleplaying would maintain this persona regardless of what was going on in that instance. did you have a different impression? the roleplaying break came up in the topic that they outed their main which i felt towny on a kneejerk.

So if you think that, why unvote? If I had a nitpick about I feel like you are often interjecting or sprinkling your thoughts in places where I don't feel it's necessary, but maybe Dusk could tell me more what that means

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ULTRA PRODIGY NUXL said:

you can't tonally read this as easily because she's playing to her character

what did you think about mitsuru's content. how do you feel when you read the "nitpicky"ness of it?

It hasn't been that nitpicky since her first post except for like me saying refa is a different timezone I guess? The latter reminds me of something Texas would be upset about.

I think it's important not to give excess town cred just because someone is roleplaying. It's like when you suggested before that trying to play in just emotes would make someone town read you, there's no real reason for it you just do it because it's easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

K well the whole reason you unvoted her is based on the fact she gave you a pass for scumreading her posts based on tone (and roleplaying), so I don't know why you're uh..saying you don't know. I'm not trying to get involved in circular logic but like you spent not even 3 posts before you decided what you did what a misunderstanding.
 

So if you think that, why unvote? If I had a nitpick about I feel like you are often interjecting or sprinkling your thoughts in places where I don't feel it's necessary, but maybe Dusk could tell me more what that means

Yeah he does that always

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duskfall98 said:

Yeah he does that always

Still townread him? I think Mitsuru/Nuxl interaction is something that is incredibly hard to be forced as partners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weinerboy said:

K well the whole reason you unvoted her is based on the fact she gave you a pass for scumreading her posts based on tone (and roleplaying), so I don't know why you're uh..saying you don't know. I'm not trying to get involved in circular logic but like you spent not even 3 posts before you decided what you did what a misunderstanding.
 

So if you think that, why unvote? If I had a nitpick about I feel like you are often interjecting or sprinkling your thoughts in places where I don't feel it's necessary, but maybe Dusk could tell me more what that means

i pressured mitsuru because
1) i found the tone extremely strange wrt how they approached the game
2) i thought the questions were weird wrt refa's slot and felt forced

1) is invalid because they're roleplaying so it's not stiff... because their tone is forcibly stiff due to acting as their character and it's(afaik) part of their meta on this site too
2) mariar is a more experienced player so i can't pretend that that post felt like it came from stiff newbscum because... it couldnt have because maria's not new to scum. i'll wait to how they're interacting with refa because they did say that they had a reason for it

flee fleet is a more interesting point of pressure atm and i personalyl find it more important to keep your vote on someone you're extremely interested in especially this early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about to go to bed because it's nearing 2 AM here and I have a cake to make tomorrow, but @Duskfall98 

Let's say Claire is scum and giving loose reads the way you suggested. I still don't get why she'd undermine her own read by calling it a nitpick; since generally when scum throws out loose reads the goal is to see which ones stick. Scum definitely could point out flaws in their own posts the way you suggest, but there's a word (hedging) for when it becomes a recurring thing and it tends to get them lynched. Unless you think Claire was intentionally hedging in her first post or something, which is...actually a valid thought to have I guess? Although I'd've waited for more examples of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

Still townread him? I think Mitsuru/Nuxl interaction is something that is incredibly hard to be forced as partners.

I haven't townread anyone yet tbh, I'm open to the idea anyone could be partners right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Duskfall98 said:

 

I think it's important not to give excess town cred just because someone is roleplaying. It's like when you suggested before that trying to play in just emotes would make someone town read you, there's no real reason for it you just do it because it's easier.

 

fair enough

what do you think about mitsuru's subsequent jump on you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fenrir Aesir said:

I'm about to go to bed because it's nearing 2 AM here and I have a cake to make tomorrow, but @Duskfall98 

Let's say Claire is scum and giving loose reads the way you suggested. I still don't get why she'd undermine her own read by calling it a nitpick; since generally when scum throws out loose reads the goal is to see which ones stick. Scum definitely could point out flaws in their own posts the way you suggest, but there's a word (hedging) for when it becomes a recurring thing and it tends to get them lynched. Unless you think Claire was intentionally hedging in her first post or something, which is...actually a valid thought to have I guess? Although I'd've waited for more examples of it.

Sorry to answer your question with a question, but if she thinks it's a nitpick; why does she bother asking? If she's town clearly there's some point to gain from it and tbh I just don't see what that is. If she thinks it's openly nitpicky then surely the answer doesn't matter that much, why would you bother asking it as town?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not entirely disagreeing with the mentality where scum!mitsuru is giving me towncred here for going on their slot and character breaks in order to solidify this but i didnt really have an issue with the character break itself... if that makes sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

Gun to your head though?

Nuxl was very quick to jump on and off Claire that it could be viewed as a rapid attempt at distancing I guess??? I wouldn't read into that though tbh, just because you put a gun to my head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ULTRA PRODIGY NUXL said:

fair enough

what do you think about mitsuru's subsequent jump on you?

Think I already commented on that page 4, is there anything specific about it I didn't address there you want to know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Duskfall98 said:

Think I already commented on that page 4, is there anything specific about it I didn't address there you want to know?

how do you feel about their reaction to you vs theirs to mine
you mentioned you don't have any townreads atm; do you have people you feel off about rn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ULTRA PRODIGY NUXL said:

how do you feel about their reaction to you vs theirs to mine
you mentioned you don't have any townreads atm; do you have people you feel off about rn?

Well Claire I feel off about the most right now. She admits in her last real post that you and me made very similar reads and that the only main difference is that I gave a reason why refa would forget about deadline? That's such a minor thing to me yet it's the sole difference between you who she town reads and myself, who's she scum reads?

It seems more likely to me that she's omgussing me and trying to pocket you because you were willing to switch up your reads very quick. I really don't see how an experienced player would make answering a very simple question the difference between town reading and scum reading someone if they were town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...