Special Heroes Arrive!! Hostile Springs (Jan. 23 ~)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Jave said:

I honestly don't think they don't listen to feedback, given they told us in advance we'll be getting FE10 and FE6 banners early in 2019. But the reality of the situation is that we don't know on which banners is the whale money going. The crowd that is whaling on getting every Camilla to +10 is probably giving IntSys much more money than the people complaining about Fates overexposure.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a significant portion of the people disliking the video are still going to buy orbs for this banner anyway.

Exactly. No matter how much other people complain, if those banners are still making good money off of another group then they're going to keep making them. Plus, just because people are vocal doesn't mean they're a majority, and it seems plenty of people still like seasonals and Fates alts. We like to say IS is making bad moves sometimes, and that can be true, but I don't think they're stupid. I don't feel like they'd add even more seasonals and even more alts of the same popular characters if it was doing nothing but making people mad.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, why wouldn't they want to know how they can improve whatever they're giving to their customers?

For overseas feedback, it means you have to pay people to translate it.

At my job, I work with health organizations, and the absolute biggest hurdle for accepting electronic messages from patients typing in other languages to their doctors (most notably Spanish) is hiring and maintaining a translation team.

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

That Banner is seriously 3* cursed~ Every ticket I used besides the last one was a 3* (this includes my freebie)~ Have you gotten any of the Beasts?

Naesala is all I got (though I am very grateful that he was a freebie). This banner has given me a -Atk Jaffar and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

as scummy as you may think it is that's just the reality of the situation and there's not much you or I can do to change it. I mean I hate it just as much as you but big wig corporate execs don't give two shits about our opinions.  

Yeah, I suppose you do have a point there. Sad as it is.

2 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Well, if ca$h flow$, they know they are doing cool. Our be$t way to complain is to stop giving them ca$h

3 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm all for writing reports, but if you really want them to reconsider their actions, you gotta hit them where it hurts- their wallets. The best feedback a business gets is sales. As long as something sells well, they'll keep pumping it out.

Yeah, probably true...

(I didn't ignore the rest of your post, Dandy Druid, I just am not sure what to say to it.)

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

That Banner is seriously 3* cursed~ Every ticket I used besides the last one was a 3* (this includes my freebie)~ Have you gotten any of the Beasts?

I've managed to pull Tibarn and Leanne. Was hoping for Nailah, so now I feel I have to complete the set, lol. Good luck though

Edited by Arcphoenix

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Naesala is all I got (though I am very grateful that he was a freebie). This banner has given me a -Atk Jaffar and nothing else.

I'm so sorry, that sucks~ I hope you can get one of them before it ends~

16 minutes ago, Jave said:

I honestly don't think they don't listen to feedback, given they told us in advance we'll be getting FE10 and FE6 banners early in 2019. But the reality of the situation is that we don't know on which banners is the whale money going. The crowd that is whaling on getting every Camilla to +10 is probably giving IntSys much more money than the people complaining about Fates overexposure.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a significant portion of the people disliking the video are still going to buy orbs for this banner anyway.

While I think this is true (IS wouldn't keep releasing Camilla alts if they weren't making money), I'm still getting worried. Whales keep the game around, but the community keeps the whales around, and lately it feels like more and more people are jumping ship due to blatant powercreep and excessive alts.

It makes perfect sense if you think about it, so many existing seasonal themes already have Fates representation its hard to believe that they can keep putting Fates units into them. And clearly we have a yearly quota to meet regarding fates representation (both in terms of new units and alts). Thus IS came to the ingenious solution of creating a brand new seasonal theme entirely to create space for more Fates alts. I can only applaud the audacity of IS, and cant wait to see what they get up to next.

Not a fan of this banner. Saving F2P orbs for the RD banner really thought me the value of saving for things I really want, so I'll gladly accept all the orbs the TT will give us to put in my stash for whenever the next Tellius banner comes out. If it again takes a year, I might have enough to +10 someone. I

1 hour ago, Arcphoenix said:

Wooo that like dislike ratio. Even if it is Fates, I thought I remembered there being people that actually wanted a Hoshidan banner with Hoshidan units on it. We got that.

(Even if Camilla's on it somehow again. At least she's free which I guess makes it a bit less of an issue? (At least in my opinion, though I feel any retainer - or even nonretainers like Lilith, Hayato, and Rinkah) would have been better))

Probably because people are just sick of alts, seasonals and Fates at this point. If this banner had come out in August after we had tons of non-Fates banners and less seasonal banners, there would have probably been much less backlash.

26 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The gap between alts keeps getting shorter. 2 Eirikas in the span of a month and a half, another Camilla after 2 months. IS is just doing the opposite of toning things down.  I think IS just doesn't care about the complaints, and maybe they have internal sales numbers to back that stance up (no idea, but I doubt they'd increase the alt count if they didn't think they'd sell well enough anymore).

Well I remember reading that banners are often planned months in advance, so it's very possible they had already had all those fates alt banners planned out and didn't foresee the backlash from the players that started really picking steam back in November. Though it's entirely possible that despite the usual outrage, the silent majority actually likes Fates banners. 

@IS Bath Salts HQ Beautiful. Gotta laugh, because crying over something so incredibly minor in the course of our lives and the universe is just pathetic. :D:

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I offer my pity. I wish I could give you my spare Nailah, she won't be doing anything with me being too indecisive. I wouldn't ask for anything in return either. Although if you really wanted to reward me, I could prep up a list of things I'd like.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

While I think this is true (IS wouldn't keep releasing Camilla alts if they weren't making money), I'm still getting worried. Whales keep the game around, but the community keeps the whales around, and lately it feels like more and more people are jumping ship due to blatant powercreep and excessive alts.

Hasn't Tales burnt through a number of gatchas? And yet they still keep making them. Perhaps we can hope for better with Fire Emblem: Brave We Are All.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For overseas feedback, it means you have to pay people to translate it.

At my job, I work with health organizations, and the absolute biggest hurdle for accepting electronic messages from patients typing in other languages to their doctors (most notably Spanish) is hiring and maintaining a translation team.

Oh, that sucks then, if it really is hard to have and maintain a translation team...

I actually sent them feedback for the first time. I strongly considered it during the Christmas banner, the legendary Azura banner, the New Year's bundles being scaled only to the most expensive bundle ...

But I think getting a sixth Camilla within the first two years was the final straw. I've had my frustrations with this game. And even if my feedback does nothing, at least I can say I gave them a piece of my mind.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Exactly. No matter how much other people complain, if those banners are still making good money off of another group then they're going to keep making them. Plus, just because people are vocal doesn't mean they're a majority, and it seems plenty of people still like seasonals and Fates alts. We like to say IS is making bad moves sometimes, and that can be true, but I don't think they're stupid. I don't feel like they'd add even more seasonals and even more alts of the same popular characters if it was doing nothing but making people mad.

We should also mention that these seasonals were planned months in advance, so they probably planned these at a time where these characters were more well received. Maybe they thought Camilla was more popular than she was when they ordered artists to draw her Camilla. Seeing how they had Binding Blade already planned for March, it is likely this banner has been in the works for a couple of months at the earliest. Consumer demand shifts fast, which can be bad for a business that plans these things months in advance. Although they should know by now that most people don't want to see Fates royals as much anymore, if the YouTube like to dislike ratio is any indication.

They weren't going to throw the banners out either, because that would be even more of a waste of money.

Plus people have only been getting seriously upset since last November, so they probably didn't forsee all of the backlash they've been getting recently.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, probably true...

(I didn't ignore the rest of your post, Dandy Druid, I just am not sure what to say to it.)

Don't worry about it. I was just trying to explain my workplace more. I do agree with your sentiment though that it's scummy to include something even though they won't really listen to it.

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

Don't worry about it. I was just trying to explain my workplace more. I do agree with your sentiment though that it's scummy to include something even though they won't really listen to it.

I know, I understand. It's cool.

My only question is how does Elise's hair even work? Also, I find it amusing that two of our three free ranged fliers are Aversa and hot springs Camilla. Watch Loki be our next free flying ranged unit.

Edited by Kaden

19 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

True, but like I said, maybe they've found these still make good enough money despite the complaints and dislikes they keep getting for these banners. That's the most important factor, after all.

That does seem like the most logical conclusion.

That said: even if a banner makes a lot of money for them, if it generates a lot of frustration among the players, it can hurt Heroes in the long run. Driving off players who aren't interested, getting public backlash that makes Heroes look bad, and building up frustrations so that there will be an even bigger response the next time they release a banner with the similar issues.

I want Heroes to be around for as long as it can be, but it seems they keep throwing away long-term sustainability in favor of quick cash. It's unfortunate, and I hope enough of a response can get their attention about how much of an issue it is.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

My only question is how does Elise's hair even work? Also, I find it amusing that our first two free ranged fliers are Aversa and hot springs Camilla. Watch Loki be our next free flying ranged unit.

I think it works something similar to Princess Leia's hair buns + the power of anime?

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@IS Bath Salts HQ Beautiful. Gotta laugh, because crying over something so incredibly minor in the course of our lives and the universe is just pathetic. :D:

I'm having too much fun admittedly hahaha.

Ugh. Fates again? Ironic that there's a topic floating around about being sick of Fates banners except . . . it's not ironic because it's truth! Anyways, why the heck is there another Camilla already? If you're going to give us multiple seasonal alt popular characters, then why not someone who doesn't have a crazy amount of duplicates? Man, expand. I feel like even fans of these characters have to be sick of this by now. Well, I'm at least glad this doesn't seem to be the Valentine's Day Banner. Let's just hope that one isn't Fates. Nah, it'll be Awakening. :(

Ryoma: not impressed overall. Sure, he's got nice skills but that's pretty much it. Nothing remotely groundbreaking.

Sakura: probably the most interesting of the bunch IMO. High Atk units like Reinhardt would love that staff's effect. As a unit though, I already have Mia.

Elise: dagger effect is neat (since it's usually seen on prf weapons)... but it's a dagger weapon - not many players use them. And if a dagger unit would be great with it, they typically have a prf. Also, Summer Linde has a better color.

Hinoka: Another interesting unit (since her dagger is basically a powercreep of dancer Elincia's dagger) though Eir (and Camilla) are free and colorless.

Also...

Camilla: another free colorless dagger flier. Not high up as a grails target since Eir exists.

Overall, this banner is looking to be an easy skip; probably wouldn't spend more than 15 orbs on it, especially since I need to save up for Brave Celica and Valentines Lyn.

5 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

If you're going to give us multiple seasonal alt popular characters, then why not someone who doesn't have a crazy amount of duplicates?

Camilla saw that we have free copies of Corrin, Azura, Takumi, and Xander already and wanted to join the free character club.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I want Heroes to be around for as long as it can be, but it seems they keep throwing away long-term sustainability in favor of quick cash. 

Given how long they have been pursing this kind of strategy, I believe it is feasible in the long term. At the very least, it won’t do fatal damage to the game no matter how long they keep it up.

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

We should also mention that these seasonals were planned months in advance, so they probably planned these at a time where these characters were more well received. Maybe they thought Camilla was more popular than she was when they ordered artists to draw her Camilla. Seeing how they had Binding Blade already planned for March, it is likely this banner has been in the works for a couple of months at the earliest. Consumer demand shifts fast, which can be bad for a business that plans these things months in advance. Although they should know by now that most people don't want to see Fates royals as much anymore, if the YouTube like to dislike ratio is any indication.

They weren't going to throw the banners out either, because that would be even more of a waste of money.

Plus people have only been getting seriously upset since last November, so they probably didn't forsee all of the backlash they've been getting recently.

I think people are clinging too heavily to that, as well as the opinions of hardcore players on forums like this one. I don't think it's unfair to say these places can be pretty echo chamber-y. I get the impression the average casual player may not be nearly as bothered with alts, Fates/Awakening or powercreep, while more vocal people are out for blood bombing dislikes and while people neutral or positive don't even leave feedback often. (it usually works that way for almost anything)

Lyn and Lucina's banner trailers got trashed, yet they still sold well (judging off app rankings), and the same for even the Adrift banner. Like even if 9/10 people on Serenes hated Lyn, she'd still be one of the most popular FE characters.

I agree they do plan out banners months ahead of time, but considering the alt complains have been happening well throughout this year and they've now added an entirely new seasonal at a new time for this year, and it's Fates on top of it, I don't think they're seeing a big issue yet. Perhaps they're actually doing poorly, I can't really say, but I just think their business people probably know better than we do for what's been selling when they organize new stuff.