Special Heroes Arrive!! Hostile Springs (Jan. 23 ~)

Coolmanio

I don’t mind this being a fates banner. Hotsprings are very Hoshidan. Units like Sakura, Elise and Hinoka could also use the extra alt. ( I’d put Sakura and especially Elise anywhere else though)

But the fact that this Banner is just a dumping ground for fates royals make this banner boring, safe, predictable and a total waste.

Camilla also should not be in this banner. 6  Camilla’s and none of them being forced is just sad. I know I said I didn’t like the royal dump, but if they where really that scared of any kind of surprise then they could at least have put Leo in there instead of another camilla.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this Banner reflects on just how poorly IS thinks of Tellius. They took a ''risk'' with the Beast Laguz so now Fates must bring out all the big guns in order to prevent the company from losing money. Perhaps we'll see a Camilla/Azura banner after the FE6 characters are released. 

This banner defied even my lowest expectations. It adds nothing since all these characters already one or even several alts. Its also yet again piles up the questionable choices. AGAIN only Fates characters, AGAIN mostly Royals, AGAIN characters who already have alts and the males are once again snubbed. At least adrift added something with Mikoto and it had the potential for a decent story which this one doesn't. So.....would this be the worst Heroes Banner?

There is no way releasing the first few beast units on a banner was considered a risk despite how little the Tellius games sold, in my opinion.

The concern about the Binding Blade banner might be real though.

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I wonder if this Banner reflects on just how poorly IS thinks of Tellius. They took a ''risk'' with the Beast Laguz so now Fates must bring out all the big guns in order to prevent the company from losing money. Perhaps we'll see a Camilla/Azura banner after the FE6 characters are released. 

This banner defied even my lowest expectations. It adds nothing since all these characters already one or even several alts. Its also yet again piles up the questionable choices. AGAIN only Fates characters, AGAIN mostly Royals, AGAIN characters who already have alts and the males are once again snubbed. At least adrift added something with Mikoto and it had the potential for a decent story which this one doesn't. So.....would this be the worst Heroes Banner?

To me, it just illustrates how desperate for quick easy money they're getting. It's basically another swimsuit banner (albeit in another form). It's cranking the fanservice up another notch to try and get money fast.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

.This banner increases the profits for January 2019, which would be relevant to the question of "is it worthwhile to continue maintaining Heroes in January 2019?", but doesn't really do anything for it later on. That'll depend on later banners, at times when that question is more relevant.

If the sustainability of Heroes depends on what new banners it has from month to month, there is no such thing as long-term sustainability. There are only banners that make a profit and banners that make a loss.

I'm feeling hostile even though I do enjoy hot springs which are very relaxing and therapeutic.  We get yet another seasonal that will be repeated every year and taking the space of what could be a new hero banner.  It is Fates.......for the trillionth time.  Oh wait is there some new faces or lesser known Fates characters to get alts?  Nope of course not, it is the royals again!  How nice.  

Anyone who has seen anime or 'secret hot spring' scenes in some Japanese video games knows the association at least in Japan.  Hot springs in Japan are for spying on naked girls of course!  How nice we have Elise and Sakura there too, total lolicon bait a classy audience to cater to.  I guess there are a good amount of whales that are lolicons, considering whales are people with a lot of money....these people are likely adult males not 12 year olds for which such attraction is appropriate.  Disturbing stuff but money talks I guess.

Yes money cause obviously downvotes and alt complaints mean very little.  Other than those very infrequent new hero banners will get announced early for some good PR, does it mean they actually increase new hero banners?  Decrease seasonal banners?  Stop putting alts on new hero banners?  Have less representation from Fates/Awakening and more from older games?  Ah but it takes time to create new characters.  Except such complaints have been going on for over a year now and things have gotten worse not better.

Edited by Lewyn

Looks like people who were guessing Hinoka and people who were guessing Sakura were both right. I admit, I'm confused about yet another Camilla. I do like the designs for the characters' costumes, though. It's way more tasteful than what I'd begun to fear they'd do. I like how they didn't just slap on the usual hairstyles, too.

But, um...

Ryoma: Ah, nothing quite like warriors bonding through bathing together! … *alone*

3 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Ok they need to stop showing all 4 units at once at the beginning of those reveal videos. Why have they started doing that?

I like to be surprised as it goes on. 

It's already spoiled for me by the fact that the Japanese Twitter just has the list of characters right there in the post with the video.

14 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Hot springs in Japan are for spying on naked girls of course!

You cannot spy on naked girls if the girls are not naked.

10 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Looks like people who were guessing Hinoka and people who were guessing Sakura were both right. I admit, I'm confused about yet another Camilla. I do like the designs for the characters' costumes, though. It's way more tasteful than what I'd begun to fear they'd do. I like how they didn't just slap on the usual hairstyles, too.

But, um...

Ryoma: Ah, nothing quite like warriors bonding through bathing together! … *alone*

I thought it was done tastefully too until I saw that damaged art of Ryoma's .... it's basically Summer Corrin but catered towards people that are into guys. 

Edited by zuibangde

3 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I thought it was done tastefully too until I saw that damaged art of Ryoma .... it's basically Summer Corrin but catered towards people that are into guys. 

... Oh my god, those thighs are epic.

Ah, another thing that confused me: why are they fliers? Flying on a mount, in a towel, seems like a bad idea on several levels. There's a reason why both the mount and the rider wear things to protect them, like tack and tough pants, respectively. ('Course, this is also why thigh-exposed riders confuse me in general.) But a towel just seems like an especially bad idea. I'd get it if they were riding on, like, steam or water spirits or something. But those look like flesh-and-blood animals...

Further, they missed their chance at completing the Hoshidan Royal Kinshi set by opting for a pegasus for Sakura. I'm not collecting this set, but I feel a bit bad for those who wanted that.

So, the hot springs was right after all. The Hoshidan siblings except for Takumi head off with Elise though (I assume Takumi was busy.)

Ryoma is a lance flier (So I'm not that concerned about him then.). His weapon gets 2 cooldown at the start of a fight, Luna Atk/Def Solo, Chill Spd and Odd Def wave, I guess that's eh. Sakura's a Flying Staff (Again, not too concerned), but her staff gives 1 cooldown to the ally with the highest Atk (If it did it every turn that's be ridiculous), Physic+, Fireflood Balm (Atk/Res), Wrathful Staff and Spd Opening (Which is pretty neat). Elise has a Red Dagger on a horse (Well crap, so she's probably the most interesting unit), Red Hot Ducks (Which has Giga Excaliber's effect), Rally Up Atk+, Swift Sparrow, Atk Feint (Which while new isn't that interesting) and Dagger Valour. Hinoka finally gets to relax (as well as a green dagger), with her dagger having Dragon Effectiveness and nullifies adaptive damage and wrathful staff, Drag Back, Atk/Spd Bond, Link and Air Orders (which gives allies Flier Formation and Aerobatics). Yeah, Hinoka seems like she's the most ridiculous.

Honestly, much as Hinoka's ridiculous, I'd still like Elise more and I'm annoyed that I'm saying that. If her stats are good, I'll see if I can't try, but I'll be slow until the Legendary banner. I hope. Also, free Camilla. She's the sixth version, her being free is still not much better. She is the first colourless version, but I think her CYL chances could be tanked.

So, this banner get a lot of downvotes?

I find it strange how Camilla now has the most versions in FEH despite not having won CYL, which she might do this year. There are twice as many Camillas as there are Ikes, the clear winner of the first CYL. I know you can't base everything on that list, but I didn't expect representation to be this far removed from it. 

I'm kind of curious about how the planning went for October to January. We had the Ophelia banner in the beginning of October, then two Fates representatives on the Halloween seasonal banner, then the Adrift banner, then Lazura, and now this. Even if Fates banners sell the best, surely someone there must've expected this to lead to some kind of fatigue.

I don’t get why anyone is angry. This actually makes a lot of sense considering the Gacha market. Especially those who play Fate/GO. They should totally have seen this coming. Saberface is a thing and it gets them lot of money.

Will Camilla become Fire Emblem’s Saber?

Edited by Water Mage

I just thought of something random. The fact that Camilla keeps finding ways onto banners that don't make sense for her to be on, does that make Camilla some sort of invasive species?

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I just thought of something random. The fact that Camilla keeps finding ways onto banners that don't make sense for her to be on, does that make Camilla some sort of invasive species?

So what is the proper way of stamping those out? We tried introducing a predatory species, but not only did that not work, but I'd rather something worse than Camilla not be unleashed on this game.

34 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I do like the designs for the characters' costumes, though. It's way more tasteful than what I'd begun to fear they'd do.

Thank you! Thank you so much! Someone has said it finally. I'm so sick of people who whine that they are sexualizing little girls. Because obviously the only reason to give Elise an alt is to sexualize her. It's not like she can be sold on adorableness alone...

I mean recently moe anime are getting more popular and of higher quality than the ecchi ones, but that doesn't mean anything, the "cute girls doing cute things" has become a sub-genre with lots of followers but the two things aren't related. IS is clearly catering ONLY to the pervs. -_-

Anyway moving on. This banner is a mixed bag for me. Elise and Sakura are cute and all, but Ryoma doesn't interest me and while I like Hinoka, this isn't the kind of seasonal I wanted for her. I wished for a Maid Hinoka. Maid outfits are waaaaay better than boring white towels. But maybe this is just my fetish talking.

Camilla is too much fun, I'm dying out here. Yesterday I was reading on reddit that Onsen was the best possible event for Camilla since she always talks about taking baths. But they wouldn't do it because even if it was fitting we have to many Camillas.

And yet... IS trolled us once again, and did it anyway. They are madmen, I tell you xD Best of all, we HAVE to get her, unless we want to waste the sweet TT orbs. I can't even be mad.

I just hope Camilla will have amazing art like the Adrift version.

Welp no Lon'qu in a towel means my orbs are safe!

As most people here I am quite disappointed with this banner. Even while being another seasonal banner it could've been really fun with characters that don't have alts yet. I mean, Lon'qu would have been damn hilarious, I'm all here for that kinda stuff. But now it's just boring cause it's just the Fates royals on holiday. Again.

Gotta admit they're doing better and better with the halfnaked people banners. The last summer banners were quite tasteful and this one ain't bad either, they wear more clothes than I expected, which is a good thing. Though I guess we do still have to see Camilla who doesn't seem to wear much in her sprite ^^; The ponytail looks cute though, very curious about her art. Not a big fan of Camilla though and quite disappointed that she's a Colorless Dagger Flier while we just got a really powerful free one. Hope she has good skills at least.

But all in all I'm glad I can save my orbs since I'm still stuck in 2019 NY and Beasts banner hell.

3 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Yesterday I was reading on reddit that Onsen was the best possible event for Camilla since she always talks about taking baths. But they wouldn't do it because even if it was fitting we have to many Camillas.

And yet... IS trolled us once again, and did it anyway.

I saw similar comments and I'm so surprised they really did it anyway. This is definitely a random banner, but a good pick for Camilla to be part of this theme.

Hopefully her art turns out good. That ponytail in her sprite has a high chance of being cute.

OMG I just noticed. Leo is the only royal with only 2 versions! I will not allow such injustice! That's it the performing arts of this year HAS to include dancing butlers and maids, feat. Leo, Hinoka and Charlotte to troll me for still wanting her og version.

I keep forgetting to say this, but I was amused by the title. "Hostile Springs" was clever, I thought. Also, I see this as an opportunity. Looking forward to seeing who they deposit into this banner in coming years. :)

Good thing I have 82 orbs saved up for this. I’m tempted for Sakura because I love her, but I already have Halloween Mia, so maybe not. Hinoka looks captivating though. Wow another Camilla. She’s now tied with Robin and Corrin having the most Alts of any character, assuming the genders are treated as the same.

6 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

You'd be surprised how many companies have a feedback section provided for another language but completely ignore it. In my job, we pass out evaluation forms and one side is in Spanish. However, no one down at the office knows Spanish so their feedback/suggestions are ignored. I can read some Spanish, but I'm not allowed to look at the evaluation forms due to privacy reasons.

I'm not saying Intelligent Systems doesn't have an English department; they obviously do because their game needs to get translated. However their English division is probably nowhere near their Japanese division. They're probably paying less people to read the English feedback.

Not to mention that Camilla fits the role of what most Japanese men like: She’s doting, caring, and willing to do chores. She’s even sexy to boot! Japanese men traditionally have stressful lives with long office hours, ( In Japan it’s considered informal by many to leave office before your boss. ) so they naturally want someone who can take care of them. Camilla fits that perfectly. And Japan is IS’s biggest priority.... Yeah, I doubt we’re getting a break from Camilla anytime soon.

Free units are always nice. I think people should hold on to HS!Camilla though, just in case she is really good for use in free guides.

I do not see a lot apathetic fans here voice their opinion, so I will volunteer to be their representative. I do not care who Intelligent Systems put into their Foci. No matter how much I like Awakening!Anna and Apotheosis!Anna, I do not care if they never add those Annas into the game. I would obviously like them to add those Annas into the game, but if they do not, then it is no big deal since I will be content with just about anyone. Hell, they can even put R2D2 from Star Wars and Jacob from Twilight into the game and I would be okay with it. Quite the opposite of some fans, I care more about a unit's stats, skills, and other game play characteristics than something superficial like appearances and names.