Special Heroes Arrive!! Hostile Springs (Jan. 23 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Garlyle said:

So if they keep selling the same thing to you in different colors over years, would you just keep buying them every time a new color comes out? What's the logic in that?

For Camilla fans, yes they would buy her over and over again because they like her.

Example: @Alkaid He's happy with there being another Camilla if I remembered what he commented earlier. Please forgive me for using you as an example.

13 hours ago, Midnox said:

But there’s a reason on why she sell well in a sea of beautiful and caring women tho

I would say there's TWO big reasons.

The original comment made it sound like she was Japan's ideal woman, but Camilla has a lot of popularity in the West too. I only wanted people to avoid assuming things of a culture/people.

Other female characters sell well too, so Camilla isn't IS' only option. There would be LOADS of people that would whale for an Oboro or Felicia seasonal.

45 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

For Camilla fans, yes they would buy her over and over again because they like her.

Example: @Alkaid He's happy with there being another Camilla if I remembered what he commented earlier. Please forgive me for using you as an example.

I don't mind, and you're correct. I would keep pulling for new ones if they keep making them. Same goes for my other favorite characters, though my absolute top spots like Camilla and Cordelia are always must-haves for me. The amount of alts and the rate they come out would have to be much more excessive than they are for me to start being fatigued about obtaining more versions of my favorites. Right now it's my orbs that are fatigued.

The first year made much more money than the second year.  The first year had less seasonal banners, had new hero banners of 4 to 6 characters and those new hero banners had zero alts.  

Now we get the beasts banner and when is our next new hero banner?  March with Binding blade, hope for no alts?  They made a lot of improvements since that first year, but wish they would go back to banner design like that first year.  

28 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

The first year made much more money than the second year.  The first year had less seasonal banners, had new hero banners of 4 to 6 characters and those new hero banners had zero alts. 

The first year also had the novelty factor and much fresher events. The second year has repeated and rerun lots of events, and many of the new events have had a lukewarm reception.

Think about it. If the alts banners have been making less money than new banners, why would they replace new banners with alt banners.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Damnit JSND. Sawashiro is way better at older roles.

No i mean, when you heard her doing Artemis AND THEN Mordred you'd just assume she can do anything

So i assume the loli

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

No i mean, when you heard her doing Artemis AND THEN Mordred you'd just assume she can do anything

So i assume the loli

She legitimately can do anything (she does a loli voice for Robin in Awakening), but not this time I guess. Sakura's voice actress is the one for Ika Musume lol.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She legitimately can do anything (she does a loli voice for Robin in Awakening), but not this time I guess. Sakura's voice actress is the one for Ika Musume lol.

But is it on the level of ASMR Eevee?

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I don't mind, and you're correct. I would keep pulling for new ones if they keep making them. Same goes for my other favorite characters, though my absolute top spots like Camilla and Cordelia are always must-haves for me. The amount of alts and the rate they come out would have to be much more excessive than they are for me to start being fatigued about obtaining more versions of my favorites. Right now it's my orbs that are fatigued.

I feel bad for your orbs. They've been pumping out Camillas pretty fast lately. Summer, Adrift, and now Hot Springs. Your poor orb stash.

At least their original versions are fairly easy to get.

8 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I feel bad for your orbs. They've been pumping out Camillas pretty fast lately. Summer, Adrift, and now Hot Springs. Your poor orb stash.

At least their original versions are fairly easy to get.

At least Hot Springs is free, but I like Hinoka, Sakura and Elise so I'm getting baited once again. (probably will skip Elise since she's not a flier, though)

I have no issues with any character getting more alts, so I wouldn't mind at all if they switched things to more Lyns, Hectors for a while so I could save orbs for a change. (don't dislike them, but I just don't care about collecting all of them)

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

At least Hot Springs is free, but I like Hinoka, Sakura and Elise so I'm getting baited once again. (probably will skip Elise since she's not a flier, though)

I have no issues with any character getting more alts, so I wouldn't mind at all if they switched things to more Lyns, Hectors for a while so I could save orbs for a change. (don't dislike them, but I just don't care about collecting all of them)

I've long gone the idea of collecting every alt. My luck just isn't that good.

Plus I'm petty and I won't pull if I don't like the outfits. For example, I know the Xmas units are really good but I didn't pull for them mainly because I think the outfits look weird and they only look ok during Christmas time.

10 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I've long gone the idea of collecting every alt. My luck just isn't that good.

Plus I'm petty and I won't pull if I don't like the outfits. For example, I know the Xmas units are really good but I didn't pull for them mainly because I think the outfits look weird and they only look ok during Christmas time.

Same here, I'm not a whale and my luck usually blows. Only Camilla and Cordelia I can never pass up trying to get. As much as I'd like to get Sakura and Hinoka here, if something comes up for the mythic and Valentine's banners I may have to pass. I've got a gut feeling the Valentine's banner will be Awakening (much to people's dismay) and they'll put a Cordelia on there I'll really want. I had a similar gut feeling about Elise, Sakura and Hinoka being on this banner too, so I should probably trust it to know IS wants to keep hammering me.

Yeah, I don't pull for what's good either if I don't like them otherwise. Like LTiki, HMyrrh and Surtr(though I free pulled him anyway) I all passed on. Unfortunately, I really like fliers instead and they're spamming us with those now too. I can't keep up, and that's exactly what they want. (too bad for IS I swore off spending money on the game. Maybe they know and that's why Camilla is free so they can take my grails instead)

6 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I would say there's TWO big reasons.

The original comment made it sound like she was Japan's ideal woman, but Camilla has a lot of popularity in the West too. I only wanted people to avoid assuming things of a culture/people.

Other female characters sell well too, so Camilla isn't IS' only option. There would be LOADS of people that would whale for an Oboro or Felicia seasonal.

Exactly,and that’s why I resent her popularity, because she doesn’t have anything else you can’t find in other ladies :dry:

10 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Artoria is practically PIkachu, yes. I don't think any character in Fate can qualify as their Camilla, Nero comes close i think, but Nero only had 3 variants so far . Septem dont exist

Well, there is Raikou if you mean a similar character.
SAlter and Elisabeth also have 3 versions (not counting Mecha-Eli of course). But aside from that nothing in F/GO comes close to FEH's Camilla.

10 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Same here, I'm not a whale and my luck usually blows. Only Camilla and Cordelia I can never pass up trying to get. As much as I'd like to get Sakura and Hinoka here, if something comes up for the mythic and Valentine's banners I may have to pass. I've got a gut feeling the Valentine's banner will be Awakening (much to people's dismay) and they'll put a Cordelia on there I'll really want. I had a similar gut feeling about Elise, Sakura and Hinoka being on this banner too, so I should probably trust it to know IS wants to keep hammering me.

Yeah, I don't pull for what's good either if I don't like them otherwise. Like LTiki, HMyrrh and Surtr(though I free pulled him anyway) I all passed on. Unfortunately, I really like fliers instead and they're spamming us with those now too. I can't keep up, and that's exactly what they want. (too bad for IS I swore off spending money on the game. Maybe they know and that's why Camilla is free so they can take my grails instead)

The Awakening backlash is unavoidable, despite there not being an Awakening seasonal in a while. Cordelia would work well with a Valentines concept too, imo.

I kind of want Lon'qu to be featured on the Valentines banner for ironic reasons. If they made him an armor because he's on a banner with 2 women and is scared to move more than 1 space, I'd find that hilarious. Tbh, I'm totally down with Awakening seasonals if the character choices make sense.

I'd also like one last Olivia for this type of banner but I can see why people won't want her.

Should I try for Elise or should I save my orbs for the "Brave heroes" I mean I'm never going to get Elise after my Julia pity break. But I mean we get to pick the brave unit for free. Also anyone else want more Genealogy gen two units and just Genealogy units over all or is it just me.

34 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Should I try for Elise or should I save my orbs for the "Brave heroes" I mean I'm never going to get Elise after my Julia pity break. But I mean we get to pick the brave unit for free. Also anyone else want more Genealogy gen two units and just Genealogy units over all or is it just me.

We don't know who will win CYL3 so unless you plan to pull regardless of who wins, I don't see why you shouldn't try for Elise unless you're dead broke on Orbs ATM~ CYL Heroes won't be in the game for several months from now, maybe around August~

17 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I found it funny this banner is called hostile springs considering how hostile it's reception's been. 

Quoting Leon, if his stat-gains are lackluster in Shadows of Valentia: "not the ha-ha kind."

14 hours ago, Baldrick said:

The first year also had the novelty factor and much fresher events. The second year has repeated and rerun lots of events, and many of the new events have had a lukewarm reception.

Think about it. If the alts banners have been making less money than new banners, why would they replace new banners with alt banners.

The first year also was much grindier and much worse in many ways, the second year improved the pool and gave many quality of life improvements.  However why they went alt crazy?  Cause they got greedy and thought hey why don't we release the same popular 10 or so characters a zillion times instead of working on actual new characters which require so much more work.  Particularly in the sprites.   

When I came into Heroes sure I expected favoritism towards Fates and Awakening cause they were the only games that were recent, the other ones are 10+ years old so much of the playing generation would be unfamiliar with them.  Lyn?  Beginning of the century, probably older than some people here.  Even Ike's saga is ages ago.  However I didn't expect the favoritism to be so ridiculously strong that we are constantly flooded with characters from those games and takes forever for anyone to be added from older games.