Special Heroes Arrive!! Hostile Springs (Jan. 23 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I free pulled Hinoka and realize all her skills are juicy. What should I sacrifice her for? I've got a bad nature NY!Fjorm and there's some overlap there, in case I want to give Veronica Atk/Spd Bond or Bowcina Atk/Spd Link. 

The only unit I'm actually interested in out of all is Camilla. But only because of her skills. That pouch - while I don't necessarily like the weapon itself, normal daggers or the hoshidan fans looks better - can be utilized because of that skill tbh. I might give it to Kaze, to see if he can make good use of it. Hone Fliers, while I've been waiting for it for far too long, no longer interests me all that much. I have a flier team to use, but I usually play with mixed teams for tactics either way. Atk/spd 2, now that's something I've been waiting for. I don't like push, solo or bond skills all that much on pain+ healers, but atk/spd 2 will be useful on my Priscilla. Also, I need to pull a Sakura For wrathful as well, but I will wait until we know more about the coming banners. Let's hope for SoV.

Edited by coldhand25

Huh, mostly I come in here to see everyone love art that I think is meh. And here I am absolutely loving Camilla's art at first sight only to see everyone hate it here haha

I mean I get the complaints, her chest is way too huge but I was 100% expecting that anyway so no surprises there. And she does have noodle arms for sure. But seriously, look at that gorgeous hair with the bow. I love it so much I'm willing to ignore the above. And this is coming from someone who doesn't care about Camilla at all, I'm not fond of any of her other Heroes art. And I'm legit surprised she's wearing a robe as tall as that and even her damaged art isn't as bad as I had expected.

So yeah legit surprised at all the hate while I think this is the prettiest Camilla so far ^^;

I felt like doing some review for this cancer.

Ryoma: Samurai at Ease - Bulky lance flier with low res. Honestly, he has great defense and Hp, but needs more speed and attack to make a big impact. Chill Speed is a great fodder, but once his Special triggered at the start, he's probably done for the game. But overall looks solid.

Sakura: Hot-Spring Healer - flying healer with Maribelle like attack stats. The only unit in the flying healer parts is Halloween Mia, and I think she's better with the Witchy Wand and the higher Res stat, Sakura has more focus on Attack and Defense. The effect of Grandscratcher is nice for Chain Challenges, but other than that not that great.

Elise: Bubbling Flower - I like the weapon. PegaNino does great things with it, and it was one reason why I instantly 5*'d Naesala as well. Elise comes with the same statlines and Swift Sparrow as well, and Rally Up Atk+ was for Ophelia only yet. With her 3 movement and the skillset, she can be a solid choice.

Hinoka: Relaxed Warrior - The fastest of the bunch. Also coming with decent Res, the anti-adaptive damage dagger is going to be a pain for dragons, and Air Orders 3 looks like a fun skill to use. If you need an anti blue-dragon unit, Hinoka can do the job for you; or if you have Julia or Deirdre, you can give one of them a weapon refine.

Red > Green > Blue > Colorless - I like the flying healer stuff, but we already have better

Camilla: Steamy Secrets - Ouch Pouch + Glimmer seems like a combo you can build upon for multiple map challenges, but you need to give her boost in her offense. Don't fodder off her for Hone Fliers just yet, there might be a demotion for Gen 1 Hinoka if my predictions are correct.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So the story really is

Hell: ''You have nine days, boy!''

Anna: ''Everyone! Lets go to the hotsprings''

Alfonse: ''But I'll be dea...''

Anna: ''Lets go!''

Pretty much, except Alfonse should’ve already bite it last Sunday. Too bad Hel mistook nine days for ninety which might also be how long it takes for the story to resume in the first place.

Okay this banner can go screw itself, not just because by the time I was satisfied with the units I got I had dipped far more than I wished to.

For some godforsaken reason, probably because my internets been doing some funky things tonight, I wasn't able to purchase 140 orbs for a while. I couldn't figure out why and I couldn't figure out how I solved the problem, but I was locked to purchasing packs of 75 orbs for a while (which if what I heard long ago is correct, is probably better for mass summoning than 140 packs anyways?)

...but getting the units? Screw that. My initials of each were [+Atk -Res] Hinoka, [+Res -HP] Elise, [+Spd -Atk] Ryoma, and [+HP -Spd] Sakura. Sakura is the reason I kept summoning on this damn banner, and she took for-freaking-EVER to see again. In that time frame, and a few times before getting Hinoka (the first of the special heroes I got), I got some somewhat notable pity breakers, but I also got [+Spd -Def] Elise, another Elise that's +Atk, and another Ryoma to cover the bane of my current Ryoma post-next months update (he was +Res, I wouldn't have kept him anyways). The new Sakuira is [+Atk -Def], and I now have no reason to keep summoning from the banner unless I wanna try to get some Splashy Buckets for my daggers.

So, I have decided that, unless there are units I want in future FatesAwakening regulars/seasonals (like Adult Tiki), this is the last one I will extensively pull for.

Will post results on Friday. I want Hinoka the most because AR.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

When she is in the hot spring, the soft tissue in her arms slowly migrates to her chest. It returns to its original place a while after she exits the bath.

This made me laugh xD

I don't think it's the difference in artist... I just don't think this art is particularly pleasing to the eye, personally. Certain things seem way too oversized while the rest of her is horribly undersized. It doesn't help that the Adrift art was just so nice...

Oh well. Taking this as the explanation for it xD

I'm saving my free summon for after the legendary banner. Ignoring color, dagger cavalry is the only unit type I'm missing, so whether or not I get Linde there will determine if I'll want to go for Elise here.

Camilla's art is the worst she's gotten yet, and being worse than her regular art is hard.

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

...Why is this banner a thing?

I'm hoping it's taking the place of one of the beach banners this year. It'd be strange to have six of them running concurrently this summer, and even stranger to have eight running concurrently next summer. I can see why they wanted to make more of them than other seasons, but I feel like that pace isn't really sustainable.

If that doesn't happen, I'm going back to being pissed about the lost New Heroes slot.

3 hours ago, redlight said:

Camilla's art isn't all that bad. I've seen worse. Pretty okay if you ask me. I might prefer this one over the other Camilla artworks in Heroes

I would be okay with it if the head wasn't so terribly proportioned. The neutral and damaged art are both okay, despite the neutral's stick arms, but the attack art is kind of horrifying. She looks like an alien with that tiny head. All they had to do was blow it up some to fit better and it'd be fine, but they didn't. It feels like something was rushed for that to make it to the final product like that.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

I''m hoping it's taking the place of one of the beach banners this year. It'd be strange to have six of them running concurrently this summer, and even stranger to have eight running concurrently next summer. I can see why they wanted to make more of them than other seasons, but I feel like that pace isn't really sustainable.

If that doesn't happen, I'm going back to being pissed about the lost New Heroes slot.

You and I both know this probably isn't keeping them from having another 3 new seasonals this summer. I'm sure this is an additional seasonal, not a replacement. The reruns issue is certainly something, though. Whether it's this year or not, they'll have to address the banner overload at some point, but cutting back on new ones doesn't sound like a realistic solution. Maybe an alternative way to get old seasonals in the future. (doubt they'd just stop the reruns of year 1 and leave them totally unobtainable) I guess we'll see if they still rerun the first year's spring banner along with last year's + the new one this time. That'll probably set the trend for how they handle it this year.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm hoping it's taking the place of one of the beach banners this year. It'd be strange to have six of them running concurrently this summer, and even stranger to have eight running concurrently next summer. I can see why they wanted to make more of them than other seasons, but I feel like that pace isn't really sustainable.

Precisely because it would be strange to have so many reruns going on at the same time, I think they're going to do something different for the first year's seasonals this year. My personal hope is that they demote the first year's seasonals to 4-star rarity and add them to the summoning pools of the second and third years' banners.

Well, we'll know when the Easter batch comes around in a few months.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Precisely because it would be strange to have so many reruns going on at the same time, I think they're going to do something different for the first year's seasonals this year. My personal hope is that they demote the first year's seasonals to 4-star rarity and add them to the summoning pools of the second and third years' banners.

True enough. That'd be nice.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My bet's on some kind of system similar to grails to obtain them. Straight up putting them in the summon pool at 4* seems way too generous for IS, even if they're outdated.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

My bet's on some kind of system similar to grails to obtain them. Straight up putting them in the summon pool at 4* seems way too generous for IS, even if they're outdated.

You realize that a single character from the 4-star summoning pool is rarer than a single 5-star focus character, yes?

You realize that a single character from the 4-star summoning pool is rarer than a single 5-star focus character, yes?

And? Getting them while pulling for other things is still better to the average person than needing to chase an actual focus unit. I still don't see IS putting seasonals in the normal pool so they're regularly obtainable like that.

If your goal was to affect cetaceans, would "festivus grailing" be better though? Since they're going to spend to get +10 a new 5* seasonal anyhow, and along the way, if the old seasonals were in the 4* pool, they would end up pulling in up a few?

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I still don't see IS putting seasonals in the normal pool so they're regularly obtainable like that.

They wouldn't be regularly available. They'd be in the 4-star pool only for those two banners and nothing else (maybe also the Legendary/Mythic 4-star pools).

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If your goal was to affect cetaceans, would "festivus grailing" be better though? Since they're going to spend to get +10 a new 5* seasonal anyhow, and along the way, if the old seasonals were in the 4* pool, they would end up pulling in up a few?

With only a few standout exceptions, many of the three-year-old seasonals are largely obsolete, so I don't see a reason to create yet another new resource to make them obtainable, especially because one of the biggest reasons a whale would want to obtain more copies is to get a better nature, which is something that doesn't work with the character shop model.