Special Heroes Arrive!! Hostile Springs (Jan. 23 ~)

Coolmanio

14 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

However I didn't expect the favoritism to be so ridiculously strong that we are constantly flooded with characters from those games and takes forever for anyone to be added from older games.  

I agree. I've never played any games before awakening, and yet most of them are my favorite based on what I've watched FE 4 is my favorite and there is no more than 20. I feel like if they added more characters from the original games they might make more money. Also does anyone know a good FE 4 emulator that is easy for novice players. 

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Lewyn said:

The first year made much more money than the second year.  The first year had less seasonal banners, had new hero banners of 4 to 6 characters and those new hero banners had zero alts.  

Now we get the beasts banner and when is our next new hero banner?  March with Binding blade, hope for no alts?  They made a lot of improvements since that first year, but wish they would go back to banner design like that first year.  

Of course the First year is the best one. Games usually start to decline after the one year.
Also on year one GHB cost Stamina, basicly everything cost stamina. Leveling up a unit in Training tower... there were many occasions in year 1 where i was out of stamina. Also there was more incentiv to pull units because every banner introduced some new unit that had a different stat spread mostly. Nowadays its harder to distinguish units with a stat spread unless they rock a personal weapon or personal skill/passiv from other units with similar stat spreads.
It doesnt necessarly have to do with banners. But yeah IS decisions this year werent the "wisest" ones.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

The first year also was much grindier and much worse in many ways, the second year improved the pool and gave many quality of life improvements.  However why they went alt crazy?  Cause they got greedy and thought hey why don't we release the same popular 10 or so characters a zillion times instead of working on actual new characters which require so much more work.  Particularly in the sprites.   

When I came into Heroes sure I expected favoritism towards Fates and Awakening cause they were the only games that were recent, the other ones are 10+ years old so much of the playing generation would be unfamiliar with them.  Lyn?  Beginning of the century, probably older than some people here.  Even Ike's saga is ages ago.  However I didn't expect the favoritism to be so ridiculously strong that we are constantly flooded with characters from those games and takes forever for anyone to be added from older games.  

I believe that people wanted alts. Broken males and hot females give their own thrill to players. And actually,  the popular leads of older games have also been given alts at the expense of new characters. Lyn has tons of alts. She was the first waifu of this series. Easy on the eyes and certainly could stimulate boys just hitting puberty both in the West and in Japan. She interacts with the tactician, making a "personal connection". No surprise 5 alts with her name exist.

With Hector, every iteration of him is some level of broken.

The Sacred Stones twins have both been alt-fested also.

I wouldn’t be surprised there was strong insistence on the matter of Ryoma and Marth being altless with only their vanilla initial form until they Legendaryied them. They made Marth a groom before his legendary alt as well. Ryoma gets to ditch the armor and be a dancer or hit up a hot spring. 

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

DATAMINED CAMILLA ART:

Reveal hidden contents

ZuNPcDO.pngjXJ3Dkq.png

Oh.... my. 0.0

Its unfortunate there is so much salt, reasonably so, around this. The art looks nice and tbh this is the one banner where Camilla popped up that actually makes sense. It was established a few times Camilla likes hot springs/bath houses, so.

Shes free though, and the art is nice. So Ill put her to use.

Edited by Tolvir

...How is that..robe...towel...whatever it is not falling down? That is just not how clothes work on breasts. Can't any artist in this game properly draw clothes on breasts? Or is someone telling them to do it this way? o_O

Oh yeah, it also looks like, and I don't know why, that her cup size is even BIGGER than normal.

Edited by Anacybele

Spoiler

MSID巾着袋: Ouch Pouch

MSID巾着袋+: Ouch Pouch+

MSIDH巾着袋: At the start of turn 1, grants Special cooldown\ncount-2. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts\nDef/Res-5 on foes within 2 spaces of target\nthrough their next actions.

MSIDH巾着袋+: At the start of turn 1, grants Special cooldown\ncount-2. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts\nDef/Res-7 on foes within 2 spaces of target\nthrough their next actions.

Camilla's weapon.

At the very least the weapon names on this banner have been great lmao.

Edited by Tolvir

Oh no, she's cute! Thank Naga we get her for free, my orbs really needed a break.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...How is that..robe...towel...whatever it is not falling down? That is just not how clothes work on breasts. Can't any artist in this game properly draw clothes on breasts? Or is someone telling them to do it this way? o_O

??? What do you mean. I admit I'm no expert on female clothing as a male, but her outfit doesn't strike me as different from Hinoka's outfit in this banner.

Like wow, this Camilla art is just bad. The first thing I noticed is that her face looks like she's drunk or something, but there's just so much wrong with it overall. This is pretty far below the art quality we've been getting for a while.

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

??? What do you mean. I admit I'm no expert on female clothing as a male, but her outfit doesn't strike me as different from Hinoka's outfit in this banner.

Hinoka's robe towel thing is wrapped a bit farther up her chest. She also has a much smaller chest, so the towel doesn't really need to hug the entire breast curve as much not to start slipping. I know from experience because I'm the closest thing to flat that you'll get without actually being flat. I don't have to wrap a towel really high over my chest to cover up enough. Camilla would need to so her chest can actually keep the towel up because of how much bigger hers is. It's a bit hard to explain, admittedly. And I'm not the best at explaining things... Oh yeah, Hinoka's towel has a knot to fasten it too. Camilla's doesn't.

On another note, I just had another thought. How does Camilla not have any back pain from a chest that huge compared to her torso? I obviously don't know this from experience, but one of my grandmas had a chest too big for her and she had back pain from it.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

On another note, I just had another thought. How does Camilla not have any back pain from a chest that huge compared to her torso? I obviously don't know this from experience, but one of my grandmas had a chest too big for her and she had back pain from it.

She told Elise to cast Gravity in the opposite direction in front of her upper body. Anything is possible with magic.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

The first thing I noticed is that her face looks like she's drunk or something,

Maybe that is part of the appeal.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

This is pretty far below the art quality we've been getting for a while.

It looks fine to me though. Her arms do look a bit skinny, but other than that, it seems okay.

4 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

DATAMINED STATS:

Reveal hidden contents

morxa8odo3c21.png

Also, apparently Camilla comes with:

Reveal hidden contents

Hone Fliers. So we finally get that for free 0.0

Oh yay, definitely a reason to fodder her! Hmm, but which of my fliers to give it to... I can only pick two (at least until this Camilla becomes available with grails) since we'll get two of these Camillas.

3 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Also, apparently Camilla comes with:

Hide contents

Hone Fliers. So we finally get that for free 0.0

And that's Intelligent System's gift to all the butthurt people who said they want to fodder her: a useful skill.

Since when does Camilla not have a chin? The more I look at it, the worse her art gets.

Units look okay, and Camilla looks to be less impressive than Eir. Biggest things she seems to have going for her are her dagger and hone fliers. Dagger is okyish. It helps set up special spiral, but with no cooldown reduction, you're relying on 2CD specials which is pretty meh.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

It looks fine to me though. Her arms do look a bit skinny, but other than that, it seems okay.

Her boobs are bigger than her head. In fact, every other part of her is too small. Well, except her butt. Naturally.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to complain about fanservice, but this art just doesn't come off as attractive despite clearly going for sex appeal.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Her boobs are bigger than her head. In fact, every other part of her is too small. Well, except her butt. Naturally.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to complain about fanservice, but this art just doesn't come off as attractive despite clearly going for sex appeal.

Yeah, seconding this. Her face is minuscule and almost completely circular from the looks of it, her arms are tiny in comparison to her torso, and her legs are way too thin given how big her butt is. They'd have to slim down at an absurd rate.

What happened to like vanilla Camilla, NY Camilla, or at least Spring Camilla where it seemed like their proportions were realistic if on the extremely voluptuous end of realistic.

Any word on the rest of her skills?

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

I agree with this. Maybe it's because I'm an asexual female though, and not a hetero male. And also, I suppose because I'm flat and look closer to a kid than grown woman that this kind of art turns me off too.

In fact, I've always disliked this kind of fanservice due to that. It purposely promotes the idea that large breasts, big butts, and maybe to a lesser extent, more height are the attractive thing while the opposite is not so much. I feel discouraged and not pretty as a shorter girl with a flattish chest. I wear glasses too, and how many fictional females wear those? I don't ever see many. But this is just how I feel, and maybe I might be overreacting a bit. But I still don't feel pretty seeing this kind of thing a lot, and I wouldn't want a chest that size anyway since as I said, the back pain would be annoying. And I don't think it's attractive regardless.

Ryoma: slightly better offenses than Cordelia (pretty meh given his crappy availability)
Sakura: slightly faster than a -Spd Witch Mia; has better Atk for slightly bigger heals
Elise: comparable offenses and lower Res than Summer Linde; Elise is practically a downgrade since she's red and Linde's colorless
Hinoka: dagger version of New Year's Fjorm - not bad stats-wise but being colored can be an issue
Camilla: doesn't stand out from Eir - at least she's free and can pull off a 1-turn Moonbow/Luna

Overall, the big prize of this banner is Hinoka but I honestly won't spend beyond 15 orbs given that there are a bunch of other banners coming up while Hostile Springs banner is being run.

Edited by Roflolxp54

not too big fan of the camilla artwork like ugh what happened here. Something about the artwork just feels off. I mean as many camillas as there are at least all of them had really good artwork. I absolutely love adrift and summer camilla's artwork. It's got that soft yet sexy anime style that I tend to like but this this is just I dunno. Like a couple people have mentioned the over inflated chest but I find her arms to be weirdly poised? drawn? crooked? I dunno they just look weird to me. I dunno it just feels like the artwork has no real sense of weight to it. I dunno I'm no art expert but those are my general thoughts. Though I guess this serves to suggest that even the artists are having trouble finding new ways to pose her.

Hot springs Camilla art was done by lack who previously did the art for Beruka, Kagero, Kaze, Nowi, and Saizo. I'm calling this a pikomaro Lloyd situation.

So, stat-wise...

Spoiler

Boon and bane stuff from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aivvyh/hostile_springs_lvl_40_and_1_stats/.

HS Sakura's 36 HP, 35 Atk, 32 Spd, 26 Def, and 21 Res gives her 150 BST and she has a HP superboon and a Def superbane. Compared to her regular self, +7 Atk, +2 Spd, +2 Def, and -9 Def.

HS Hinoka's 38 HP, 35 Atk, 35 Spd, 16 Def, and 26 Res gives her 150 BST and she has a Res superboon and HP and Def superbanes. She's basically a +Atk, green dagger version of her Kinshi Knight self. KinsHinoka has -1 HP, -3 Atk, +1 Def, and +3 Res.

HS Elise's 34 HP, 33 Atk, 37 Spd, 18 Def, and 22 Res gives her 144 BST and she has a HP superboon and no superbane. Compared to her regular self, +4 HP, +1 Atk, +5 Spd, -1 Def, and -10 Res. She's like a +Spd, -Atk version of her summer self or red, +Spd, -Res summer Linde.

HS Ryoma's 40 HP, 35 Atk, 36 Spd, 28 Def, and 23 Res gives him 162 BST and he has HP and Res superboons and no superbanes. He's basically a blue +Res, -Spd version of his legendary self without Rajinto or Bushido or a +Atk, -Res Shigure.

HS Camilla's 38 HP, 33 Atk, 35 Spd, 17 Def, and 28 Res gives her 151 BST. She's basically a flying New Year's Takumi or even worse: BH Lyn without Mulagir, Sacae's Blessing, and inherent effective damage against fliers for being a dagger flier. NY Takumi has +2 HP, +1 Atk, -1 Spd, -1 Def and BH Lyn has -3 HP and +1 Def compared to HS Camilla.

So Camilla has clear use as a book? Let's not hatefully speculate what kind of book. Please!  Great. I'm sure someone of black, white, off white, and brown will be wanting this. And maybe the breaker of RD and the best of a fairly good archetype will be coming relatively soon. And isn't there that upcoming BHB banner? I might just have to grab an Eli, but then again, Tibarn might suffice on the Red Flier front. Regardless, the mention of them together reminds me of the Hawk Army, good times.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

She told Elise to cast Gravity in the opposite direction in front of her upper body. Anything is possible with magic.

Thank goodness they haven't invented an Antigravity Staff yet, it'd be hard to skirt certain rating if it was.  -But that could be a very fun think at the same time- if said Antigravity could temporarily imbue allies with Flier movement, albeit at the cost of gaining a Bow weakness. -Might make the unit type absolutely useless as a result though.

21 minutes ago, Florete said:

Like wow, this Camilla art is just bad. The first thing I noticed is that her face looks like she's drunk or something, but there's just so much wrong with it overall.

A woman can have a few drinks, particularly with some under legal age caretakers in the same waters. Ryoma should be the really drunk one though, all alone, sipping hot sake, reciting some old beautiful tankas and ai no utas, wishing for company, and yet none come. I'll just keep serving him, until he passes out, then I'll slowly and gently bring him home- if only.

Camilla's steamy secret is revealed!

Spoiler

She's wearing a swimsuit under her towel!

36 minutes ago, Florete said:

Like wow, this Camilla art is just bad. The first thing I noticed is that her face looks like she's drunk or something, but there's just so much wrong with it overall. This is pretty far below the art quality we've been getting for a while.

25 minutes ago, Florete said:

Her boobs are bigger than her face, not her head. Heads are big.

My only issue is that her eye is a bit too far from the center line in her idle art, but that's an understandable error to me since her face's center line is obscured by her hair.

As for the drunk look, she's at a hot spring. Your face will get flushed if you stay in the bath for a while due to the heat (same with a sauna).

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Massages and frequent excursions to Hoshidan hot springs.

Edited by Ice Dragon