Special Heroes Arrive!! Hostile Springs (Jan. 23 ~)

Coolmanio

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The obvious solution for that is to include the older characters in the newer banners so that they can still be pulled while pulling on the newer banners.

Would you be so adamant about this if my suggestion were instead to keep rerunning all of the old banners and additionally included the 3-plus-year-old characters as 4-star pulls in all of the newer banners?

Your "obvious solution" is obviously to the benefit of people who summon on all banners and all colors frequently. A lot of players have to pick and choose how to use much more limited resources.

And yes, that would be a more agreeable arrangement. My problem with your ideas is that they cater primarily to whales who I would assume don't make up the bulk of the playerbase. Up until now you've presented the argument as "They either do it my way or old seasonals are discontinued and are IMPOSSIBLE to summon" when there are in fact other options (that can benefit groups outside your own).

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Some of them still can be fodders ofc. Like Halloween Nowi has Hone Flier.

That's a fair point. Old seasonals may also have some unique skills in the form of weapons. Still, as I said above, there should be an option to pull for characters more directly as opposed to hoping for the happy coincidence that you'll stumble on a 4* hero while hunting for new focus units. 

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Your "obvious solution" is obviously to the benefit of people who summon on all banners and all colors frequently.

No, my obvious solution is to the benefit of people who don't have the resources to pull from multiple banners at a time where it would be beneficial to lump together a larger proportion of desirable characters on a single banner than it would be to put them on different banners, even if it comes at a small cost to their individual summon rate.

When you compare two banner configurations, one with a single banner with a 2% 4-star Winter Robin chance and a 3% 5-star Winter Ephraim chance and the other with two banners, one with 2.5% 5-star Winter Robin chance and the other with 3% Winter Ephraim chance:

• If you are only going for Winter Robin, the second configuration is only slightly more orb-efficient.
  • If you are only going for Winter Ephraim, both configurations are equally orb-efficient.
  • If you are going for both, the first configuration is almost twice as efficient.

My guess is that the vast majority of players fall into the latter two buckets, meaning there is significant benefit to the first banner configuration.

My problem with your ideas is that they cater primarily to whales who I would assume don't make up the bulk of the playerbase.

Except that my ideas don't "cater primarily to whales", as shown in the first half of this post.

Up until now you've presented the argument as "They either do it my way or old seasonals are discontinued and are IMPOSSIBLE to summon" when there are in fact other options (that can benefit groups outside your own).

Your option of using a shop benefits the casual player base and completely alienates the player demographic specifically responsible with keeping this game funded.

I'm here trying to present the option I think will be the best for the largest portion of the player base while your suggestion clearly benefits your own group while ignoring others.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Why not just bring back the 4* focus category, maybe with less of the total 4* rate than the last 4* focus banners?  

Ie on seasonal banners beginning with Spring 3, both the new one and the previous year’s rerun have the 2+ years ago seasonals as 4* foci.  That way they don’t have less rate than a new 5*, but still require pulling to actually obtain.  Seems like the easiest middle ground.

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Why not just bring back the 4* focus category, maybe with less of the total 4* rate than the last 4* focus banners?  

Ie on seasonal banners beginning with Spring 3, both the new one and the previous year’s rerun have the 2+ years ago seasonals as 4* foci.  That way they don’t have less rate than a new 5*, but still require pulling to actually obtain.  Seems like the easiest middle ground.

Gah, I miss those. Almost makes me wish I'd summoned on them to keep them around.

Actually, along those lines, I was pipe-dreaming about adding less interesting characters in there. I know art, VAing, and spritework are supposed to be the biggest expenses so I don't know if it'd be practical, but if it were, that way they wouldn't have to kill themselves making every new unit generally appealing. They could still run the banner with 12 characters, mixing in a couple new ones to make them less likely to be gotten. It'd create a lot of goodwill with fans and might mean that they fill out the cast more without having to make every no-name appealing to the whole audience. That said, with how fast those banners died—there were what, two?—I have a feeling even that was a money sink and those took less effort than this proposition.

It would be nice to use the 4 Star Focus Units to put Older Seasonal Units.

So far has been only used in the banners with the 3-4 Star Fodder Units.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

On-topic to the original topic but off-topic from the rest of the page:

I was reminded that this thing exists, and now I'm mad no one is using this as a weapon on this banner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onsen_tamago

That is making me hungry. They will probably save it for next year or something.

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Not sure if anyone has heard HS!Ryoma's Japanese lines but one of them is "aaah" and it's hilarious. It sounds like he's trying to sound sexy when letting out a sigh of relief.

I believe he uses that voice line in the Japanese trailer when he attacks.