Special Heroes Arrive!! Hostile Springs (Jan. 23 ~)

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Personally I've got nothing against Fates seasonals. I feel the problem is that IS isn't representing games with equal care. If Jugdral, Tellius, Valentia, and Archanea got some proper seasonals, I don't think there'd be as much backlash. Additionally, if we're to take Fates as a case study, they don't represent the characters within each game with equal care. Other than the overabundance of seasonals, I feel this is something we should give mention to

Like I wrote before, I’m in this game to celebrate the whole franchise, not Fates and leave the rest on the sidelines. I guess even the Japanese had enough considering their video’s dislikes outnumber the likes as well :rolleyes:

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, the dislike bar really is massive and on both the English AND Japanese videos. Hopefully this says something to IS.

Those saying IS still hasn't learned though, keep in mind that each banner appears to be started six months in advance since lines are recorded that much in advance. So IS was working on this back in late summer while Adrift was being worked on at the start of summer. By the time our feedback got to them on Adrift and legend Azura and all, it was too late to turn back.

The problem is they might think it's an issue with Fates characters and not just being too many alts for units who already have plenty.

Wow, the dislike bar really is massive and on both the English AND Japanese videos. Hopefully this says something to IS.

Those saying IS still hasn't learned though, keep in mind that each banner appears to be started six months in advance since lines are recorded that much in advance. So IS was working on this back in late summer while Adrift was being worked on at the start of summer. By the time our feedback got to them on Adrift and legend Azura and all, it was too late to turn back.

Oof

I wish we could figure out how much money all these Fates royalty banners are making.  The dislike bar shows a vocal reaction, but money doesn't lie about whether people are willing to spend money on Orbs for these banners and encourage more of this crap.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The gap between alts keeps getting shorter. 2 Eirikas in the span of a month and a half, another Camilla after 2 months. IS is just doing the opposite of toning things down.  I think IS just doesn't care about the complaints, and maybe they have internal sales numbers to back that stance up (no idea, but I doubt they'd increase the alt count if they didn't think they'd sell well enough anymore).

I honestly don't think they don't listen to feedback, given they told us in advance we'll be getting FE10 and FE6 banners early in 2019. But the reality of the situation is that we don't know on which banners is the whale money going. The crowd that is whaling on getting every Camilla to +10 is probably giving IntSys much more money than the people complaining about Fates overexposure.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a significant portion of the people disliking the video are still going to buy orbs for this banner anyway.

6 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

You'd be surprised how many companies have a feedback section provided for another language but completely ignore it. In my job, we pass out evaluation forms and one side is in Spanish. However, no one down at the office knows Spanish so their feedback/suggestions are ignored. I can read some Spanish, but I'm not allowed to look at the evaluation forms due to privacy reasons.

Really? That just makes no sense at all to me. Why have a feedback section if it's going to just be ignored, like I and others said?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

In a few months time, we should see signs that they learned. It's a wait, but it'd be better than them not learning.

I hope so cause this is just getting ridiculous.  

Really? That just makes no sense at all to me. Why have a feedback section if it's going to just be ignored, like I and others said?

Bugs feedback, that's the only thing they might take a glance for just for that.

9 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Different beasts. New Year Camilla would have already stopped any “I like Fates” votes going to her in CYL2.

When you mentioned beasts, I first read it as "breasts". The funny thing is the sentence still makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Otts486 said:

I hope so cause this is just getting ridiculous.  

Yeah, me too. I might even quit the game. Though I'm only saying that because Ike could still get a seasonal down the road and I could still see Ranulf, Kieran, or something else I like a lot down the road too...

To give the illusion you're actually listening to the people you're catering too. It's shady, but it's less about ignoring people and more about not wanting to pay for someone to read it. It's there for formality's sake.

I quite like this banner. The music was chill. I like all the art, especially Ryoma's. I'm looking forward to seeing Camilla's art, and I'm excited to have another free colorless dagger flier. The skills are kind of meh for me, but the weapons are at least all pretty interesting. 

I know a lot of people have issues with this banner, but I genuinely have difficulty caring. I like every FE game, and I can count the characters I genuinely dislike on one hand. Even Camilla I don't mind much, and as much as I'd love new characters getting alts, I understand IS's logic on the manner. I don't mind focusing on AwakaFates (though it is largely slanted towards Fates) because it is the most recent and largely popular game. I just want a little more variety here and there. 

Now, if Peri gets a seasonal, then I'm gonna stir some discourse lol

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

So will they pull that gag where Ryoma mistakenly enters the hot spring just as "ladies hour" begins? And then he has to hide from sight in order to avoid being labeled a perv. 

How does the game think I feel? I'm the one playing these damned chapters for the orbs.

Ugggggggggggggggggh, I abhor that "joke" too!

However, it'll be done with a twist this time. You see, Anna will lead Ryoma into making the wrong choice. Why? Because she runs Yen Onsen and saw Ryoma passing by. She then stuck a camera he couldn't possibly notice on his towel, and viola, pictures! Why doesn't she just put them on the ladies? Uhhh. Maybe she does! In the next hot springs banner!

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's like a person who wear glasses and this same person is looking for his/her glasses, but the glasses are on his/her face.

Which reminds me of a Buddhist proverb where someone wakes up and is panicking because they can't find their head (or some part of the face). Then they come to remember they obviously had it all along. It is supposed to have something to do with the Buddhist belief in there being no true eternally enduring "self".

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

To give the illusion you're actually listening to the people you're catering too. It's shady, but it's less about ignoring people and more about not wanting to pay for someone to read it. It's there for formality's sake.

Wow, that really is shady then. I think it's downright insulting to your customers/fans too.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, me too. I might even quit the game. Though I'm only saying that because Ike could still get a seasonal down the road and I could still see Ranulf, Kieran, or something else I like a lot down the road too...

you and me both but instead of ike its severa for me who still doesn't have her original incarnation in the game in any capacity. ughhhh I just wanna be able to actually use my favorite FE girl IS come on.

You can be like me and go ahead and quit playing the actual game while still being happy simply to see characters you like make it in.

At the end of the day, Heroes is more or less the de facto Hall of Fame for popular Fire Emblem characters.

My feedback:

Spoiler

Intelligent Systems, please be a bit more “fair” in banner representation. I’m sure you’ve noticed the like and dislike ratio on the Adrift banner and the new Hotsprings banner trailers. As a community, it’s not that we dislike Fates. It’s just you’re mainly doing Fates and not much else. Please give more equal representation of your games. Give us a Geneology/Thracia seasonal, a Valentian/Gaiden Seasonal, a Radiance Seasonal, and a Shadow Dragon seasonal before giving us another Fates or Awakening seasonal. Furthermore, there are those upset about the units chosen in some banners. If you do another Fates banner, please pick some beloved characters besides the royals. They’ve had enough seasonals. The retainers such as Oboro, Peri, and Subaki and nonretainers like Scarlet, Benny, Rinkah, Hayato, and Izana are yet to get seasonals. Some aren’t even in the game yet. If you could, just put the Fates royals on a blacklist for future seasonal banners and make  more seasonals for other games

I always figured whatever English branch exists reads feedback. I figure if they get a notable amount of requests for the same thing that they translate it and send it to the Japanese branch.

Edited by Arcphoenix

Wow, that really is shady then. I think it's downright insulting to your customers/fans too.

I can assure you, TONS of companies do this. The majority of complaint messages in existence go completely unread.

Hinoka finally gets a seasonal alt, and she's really cute, too. I'll go for a few copies of her and maybe some of Sakura, too, though that'll have to wait until next month's budget.

44 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I really like the banner units too, though that powercreep -2 slaying weapon is troubling.

It's only -2 Special charge on the beginning of the first turn, which is just 2 stacks of Quickened Pulse, not 2 stacks of Slaying. It's good for getting a first-turn AoE Special charged in combination with Quickened Pulse, Ostia's Pulse, and/or Infantry Pulse (if given to an infantry unit), but it's otherwise not terribly noteworthy.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Be useful for once and translate our voices for us! And make it as insulting yet proper as possible, add some keigo, but make it facetious. (I joke.)

If you can pay my commission, sure, but I'd be charging more per hour than my current job does (and it pays a lot). And probably all of that would go towards buying orbs, so...

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and the last circle I pulled was four 3 stars to one 4 star. I might be a little dead inside right now, but I'm so numb now I can't even tell.

That Banner is seriously 3* cursed~ Every ticket I used besides the last one was a 3* (this includes my freebie)~ Have you gotten any of the Beasts?

4 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

you and me both but instead of ike its severa for me who still doesn't have her original incarnation in the game in any capacity. ughhhh I just wanna be able to actually use my favorite FE girl IS come on.

Man, I don’t give a shit who comes next or not, as long as it’s not more goddamn Fates :dry:. Hell, I even lost the will to play a Fates game :rolleyes:

*sending feedback and disliking both videos* 

Edited by Midnox

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

I can assure you, TONS of companies do this. The majority of complaint messages in existence go completely unread.

I still think it's wrong for them to do that. I mean, why wouldn't they want to know how they can improve whatever they're giving to their customers? I don't get it. It's like how myself as an artist appreciates all the feedback I get so I can improve. Get feedback on your business and that can be improved too!

Just now, Anacybele said:

I still think it's wrong for them to do that. I mean, why wouldn't they want to know how they can improve whatever they're giving to their customers? I don't get it. It's like how myself as an artist appreciates all the feedback I get so I can improve. Get feedback on your business and that can be improved too!

as scummy as you may think it is that's just the reality of the situation and there's not much you or I can do to change it. I mean I hate it just as much as you but big wig corporate execs don't give two shits about our opinions.  

Well, if ca$h flow$, they know they are doing cool. Our be$t way to complain is to stop giving them ca$h

About my job, our forms do include a grading scale, so we can still interpret most of the feedback, but the written stuff gets ignored. It's mainly because companies are trying to squeeze the most profit they can and avoid paying for someone to read something. It sucks, especially since there are people like me who can also read Spanish but can't due to our position and how it affects the privacy of our customers. 

For IS, I can totally see them not wanting to pay someone to read those reports. They're probably told to prioritize bug reports than unit/gameplay reports. Othin's report was very well written, but it probably won't make much of an impact due to the sheer amount of reports the person at IS will have to read tomorrow regarding this topic.

I'm all for writing reports, but if you really want them to reconsider their actions, you gotta hit them where it hurts- their wallets. The best feedback a business gets is sales. As long as something sells well, they'll keep pumping it out.