Tempest Trials+: Heating Things Up (Jan 25th)

Diovani Bressan

First TT and things are... only okay. I like the rewards, but not the grind, that I is why I'm certainly not going to be an intensive FEH player. And unlike say DQVII which I've played lately, grinding takes more brain-needed actions on my part with this game.

After the first two rounds of the day, which I'll do at Luna 1, I'll do the rest on autobattle at Hard 1. My only teams are an uninherited set of banner Laguz and uninherited Vike, Bike, Bector and I guess I'd toss Serra or Priscilla on it too. I've been using the former team only so far, to good effect when the AI isn't letting itself be shot down. Going from 99 to 0 stamina the first time got me 3500, so factoring out the boost and higher difficulty, a second run when my Stamina naturally restores to max could give I guess 2000, for 5500 a day. I've 130 Stamina Potions I could pop if I felt compelled to pursue the max reward.

I don't have any of the bonus units, barring the free Takumi from last year who is presently in a limbo of should be a manual, but I haven't pressed him yet. Although I have no real plans to ever use him. And I'm most definitely not using a Seasonal, even a freebie, and particularly not of anyone whom I've chosen to keep myself in the dark on.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Maybe that's my problem, I forgot to refine his weapon~ I been using Leo, too, but he's -Atk, so he's really struggling and I'm trying not to just feed all the kills to Elise because I want to grind his SP~

The Leo I am using is +Atk -Spd (I got him in the TT Banner) His skills are: Special Refinement Brynhildr, Reposition, Dragonic Aura, Atk/Def+2, Quick Riposte 3, Atk Tactic 3, Atk/Def+2 Seal.

With his skillset and with the TT bonus, he has 49 HP, 54 Atk, 23 Spd, 33 Def and 30 Res. But I am also using Male Robin, with Refined Tactical Bolt for the extra Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4. He basically cannot be doubled by ranged foes.

49 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The Leo I am using is +Atk -Spd (I got him in the TT Banner) His skills are: Special Refinement Brynhildr, Reposition, Dragonic Aura, Atk/Def+2, Quick Riposte 3, Atk Tactic 3, Atk/Def+2 Seal.

With his skillset and with the TT bonus, he has 49 HP, 54 Atk, 23 Spd, 33 Def and 30 Res. But I am also using Male Robin, with Refined Tactical Bolt for the extra Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4. He basically cannot be doubled by ranged foes.

I should try the Atk Seals, I also didn't have an A Skill for him~ Should patch up his Atk for now~ Thanks for the tips~

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe because we are getting better rewards each new TT+. Recently, for units we got Yong 

I'm fine with the rewards, but actually playing is less appealing to me than in the past. I might stop for the first time at 50k.

Still sad 4* units aren't anymore part of the bonus units. It was always an occasion for me to promote 1-2 units, build them and try out new things. 

Didn't get a unit from the banner, looking forward to get 5* Camilla tomorrow. 

35 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm fine with the rewards, but actually playing is less appealing to me than in the past. I might stop for the first time at 50k.

Still sad 4* units aren't anymore part of the bonus units. It was always an occasion for me to promote 1-2 units, build them and try out new things. 

Didn't get a unit from the banner, looking forward to get 5* Camilla tomorrow. 

Here's a fact about me: I always stop on 50k. I am not like the players who gets 50k on day 1 and ends the event with 200k+. I only reach the quantity to get all the rewards, and then I just do daily runs, at a low dificulty, to complete the daily quests.

The last time we got a 4 Stars unit from the summoning pool (not a TT or GHB unit) as the bonus unit was Feud of the Fangs TT, in June, which had OG Nino as bonus unit, and previous to that we got the Loki's Flames TT, with OG Marth and OG Tharja as bonus units.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Here's a fact about me: I always stop on 50k. I ma not like the players who gets 50k on day 1 and ends the event with 200k+. I only reach the quantity to get all the rewards, and then I just do daily runs, at a low dificulty, to complete the daily quests.

I reached top 5k in most TTs in 2017 & 2018, but last events had me in (or around) top 10k. 

I don't mind playing a lot and I switch teams, units and skills a lot for diversity, but after some days the same maps over and over ... 

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The last time we got a 4 Stars unit from the summoning pool (not a TT or GHB unit) as the bonus unit was Feud of the Fangs TT, in June, which had OG Nino as bonus unit, and previous to that we got the Loki's Flames TT, with OG Marth and OG Tharja as bonus units.

Yeah, I remember those. They could bring at least some of the units that got refines recently. 

I started this TT out with Xander and some horse buddies (legendary Ephraim, LA!Lilina, Elise), but now that he's maxed out on HMs again (and with Leo maxed as well):

Spoiler

iyvRQ3X.png

I've never denied that I'm part of the problem, so feel free to throw shit at me if you so desire. I probably deserve it.

I still don't like her attack art, but bathmilla is pretty fun. Ouch Pouch fiting perfectly in a multi-map mode like TT helps too.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I started this TT out with Xander and some horse buddies (legendary Ephraim, LA!Lilina, Elise), but now that he's maxed out on HMs again (and with Leo maxed as well):

Reveal hidden contents

iyvRQ3X.png

I've never denied that I'm part of the problem, so feel free to throw shit at me if you so desire. I probably deserve it.

Based and cute team.

This has been the most I’ve ever done in a Tempest Trials in a day. I’m almost at 15,000. It’s probably because I have a bonus unit, unlike the last two. Anyway this trial was a good way for to me fix my cavalry team, which is: Xander, Gunnthra, Reindhardt, and Veronica.

Finally promoted the free Takumi to use for a bonus unit. Also using Leo, and then young Azura and Nanna.

I could have forged Takumi's weapon  but  I didn't really feel like spending the dew on a unit I'm only going to use temporarily.

Current team:
5*+10 +Atk Reinhardt (standard Death Blow 3 + Lancebreaker 3 + QP Moonbow build) main damage dealer
+HP/-Atk Legend Azura (base kit + Moonbow + Guidance 3 seal) support
+Atk/-HP sword Reinhardt (base kit + Luna + Fierce Stance 3 seal) green counter
5* +Atk/-Res Takumi (base kit w/ Luna, Vantage 3, Threaten Def 1 seal) bonus unit

At the time of writing, I'm at 27,497 points. Wasted no time upgrading the Even Def Wave and Brazen Atk/Def seals and slapping them onto Xander and sword Lyn respectively.

8 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

This may be my best TT. I got Xander, Tana and Amelia to have equal Atk, so W!Eirika could boost all three. I can semi-auto Lunatic 5 instead of auto-ing Hard 5.

. . . You know. For some reason it didn't cross my mind that in the case of a tie that it would buff all the units that tied. It isn't surprising since that is how chills work, but for some reason I never thought to try and equal out attack.

3 hours ago, Usana said:

. . . You know. For some reason it didn't cross my mind that in the case of a tie that it would buff all the units that tied. It isn't surprising since that is how chills work, but for some reason I never thought to try and equal out attack.

I had to give Amelia Atk+2 on the A slot. Xander gets an Atk +1 seal for the first two battles, then Fortress Res for subsequent battles to make up for only him getting the bonus.

3 hours ago, Usana said:

I use Winter Eirika on my armored team. In that team I use Black Knight (50 Atk), Brave Hector (53 Atk) and Legendary Hector (56 Atk), so I gave Black Knight the Atk+3 Seal and I gave Legendary Hector the Fortress Res Seal. Having Atk/Def/Res+6 to three units, in a distant position from the unit that gives the buffs, is pretty good!

Wonder if Masked Marth found Hot springs Ryoma attractive, she seemed a bit flustered.  Anyways I only have Leo and Xander as bonus units so using Leo and then Leanne, Tibarn and Naesala.  There 3 move and dancing makes it super fast to clear maps much of the time.  Of course Leo kind of is a downer cause the first turn can't transform everyone, but whatever.

I guess when I get Hot spring Camilla I can use her.  

Tana maxed out her HM so I'm running Clair as my blue flier. Tana maxed out her HM at a very good timing as she also reached S rank summoner support at the same time so I can switch it onto another unit on the team.