Why do you still play Heroes?

Arcphoenix

For the increasingly rare times I get to see characters I adore from a game series I adore with updated art and voice acting. Also getting to use said characters I adore along with other characters I adore that couldn't be used together. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't really fucked up too badly yet. I question their decisions from a marketing, design, or business perspective now and then, but none of those have been groundbreakingly terrible.

Aether Raids is a chore for sure, but it does give me a bit of enjoyment, at least, when I make some clever (or at least I think so) play that wins the map.

But the girls are still cute, the male fanservice train has been running steady, and the gacha rates are way better than a certain other game's that I'm playing, so I'm still content.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

So I can continue to yell at you all. :P:

This, too.

Practically my only reason is that I like collecting and building characters I really love, so as long as I can get new characters with pretty art, I just can't stop. I was seriously thinking about quitting some time before the beasts came out, November and December were really depressing months in which I couldn't get a single unit I wanted. But now in January I got a whole bunch of new ones so enough to do for me again.

Basically out of routine and convenience.

Have been sticking around since launch, so I have amassed quite a big collection of characters. Tried switching to other gachas like Dx2 recently but getting into all the mechanics trough convulted menus + sooo much grinding to fully enjoy the content has been a big turn off - in all recent gacha games I tried tbh. 

Also - it's Fire Emblem. I wouldn't stand missing out on something Fire Emblem. 

If I have to be honest, it's mostly because of the community, here, on reddit, on tumblr, everywhere. I love the fan arts, the meme the excitment for new banners, it makes me happy.

I also love most of the art and voice acting. And as other said, making a team with some of my favorites from different games is mindblowing. I still cannot believe that I can pair Camus with Xander, Cecilia and Clarine. 

I can pair Kana with Myrrh, Nowi and Tiki!

It's nice to have something to do in between my class breaks and I don't have/want to do homework.

I also like it for that feeling of excitement I feel 3 times a year about a character I really like getting into the game. I just felt that phenomenon with the Tellius banner recently.

Plus I've spent so much time with it. If I delete it, it wouldn't be the same for me. It's a game with a lot of sentimental value to me (as corny as that sounds) so it's hard for me to drop it.

Aether Raid is challenging me, if I play it right, I'll be in T20 once the Light blessing comes back.

I am curious about the upcoming Binding Blade banner. I hope for Judgral/Tellius/Binding banners. (and more new heroes in general instead of alts)

Sometimes the game makes great decisions, like mass demotion, combat manuals, heroic grails, but unfortunately from time to time a Fates banner comes out.

Also Tempest Trial is pretty good and rewarding.

The hope for Rinkah will die with the game.

AR is actually fun. And its still the Gacha game I like the most. Maybe it could change depending on how Langrisser will be. But I don't know anything from Langrisser.

Edited by Stroud

I have been playing since launch. I like using my favs to clear the hardest of maps. Seeing all of my units fully invested brings a smile to my face. There are still a bunch of units that are not in yet, or more Tharja alts. Changes are that I'll see this game to the end.

In spite of some of the...questionable decisions made in recent months, I still find FEH to be an enjoyable game at the end of the day.  It's fun to build up my favs, as well as other units I wouldn't normally get a chance to use in mainline FE games.  It's exciting to get new art and to finally have a voice to attach to the sprite of many of the older characters, especially if they haven't had a significant art update in decades.  

That being said, I am taking a step back and evaluating why I continue to take modes like Arena so seriously.  I will absolutely still play this game for the foreseeable future, but perhaps in a more casual way.  Stop stressing out about my Arena tier, AA rankings, obsessively feeling like I have to complete every mundane quest, that kind of thing. 

Mainly because i love Fire emblem. The events like Forging bonds, Tempest Trials and Voting Gauntlet also keep the game interesting. i really am disappointed with this new batch of FATES CHARACTERS AGAIN (ahem...) but i cant control the companies bad decisions. 

My biggest irk is that they dont seem to address or agree with THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP THEM IN BUSINESS (AHEM) that fates was bad and super bland compared to what we've had before. They keep producing crappy fates character alts etc when theres so many more characters to be added into the game. 

Overall i like playing the game and probably play more then the average user but i dont play as much as say Phoneixmaster (the youtuber)

Overall i would recommend anybody who dropped it to pick it up again like i did. i dropped it after the first 2 months cause there was nothing else to do but now theres always something to do i find (still making my way through multi battles) 

Edited by Zihark11

I like the strategy, with small, high-power battles with a lot of fancy abilities on both sides rather than mowing down hordes of mooks in regular FE. I also like the chance to use a bunch of old characters in new, often more memorable ways. (Or for the first time, in some cases.) And it's fun building up a collection of units, even though I have to be careful not to overdo it. (I'm f2p, but it can still be easy to feel compelled to do grindy stuff even when it's more trouble than it's worth.)

Mainly because of the new characters and using my favorites.  I thought about deactivating my FEH account, but then I was forced to go out clubbing and realized I need something to keep me sane when I'm stuck in unpleasant social situations lol.

For the story, as odd as it sounds. As simple as they are, I really do enjoy the original characters, and want to see their story come to a conclusive ending. Given how slowly Heroes is progressing, though, I have no idea when that will be…

I also I don't mind collecting my favorite characters, although since my favorite characters tend to be the more unpopular ones, I have no idea when they'll get in… The voice acting and stories surrounding each character do not hurt either… I used to play pretty regularly so I could level up and merge different teams for the various modes, but I stopped after getting through most of what I could in the game and finding it redundant… It's especially so considering I'm a free player other than the monthly discount packages, so there is a severe limit to what I can do… I might jump back into leveling and whatnot eventually, but it still would go pretty slowly and for now I'm just doing story missions, tap battles and daily logins.

Because I am able to build teams that just have my favorites on them, being able to customize units, the artwork and some other things.  I started playing day one and I will keep playing this until it ends probably, since I am someone that has to finish a game once I start it.  I am still waiting for Elphin and will continue to wait for him until this game ends.

While I am not happy with the game in its current state, and I dont see an end to this anytime soon, I also dont have a reason to completely uninstall and forget the game entirely. I still enjoy logging in for 10-15 minutes to do a map or two, collecting orbs for those times here and there that a character I like shows up isnt bad either. Unless the game really does something truly horrible, I just dont see a reason to completely uninstall atm.

I will also say though, my investment in the game is pretty much at a minimum. I barely do any content that releases, I dont regularly do Arena or AR, I dont  take full advantage of every event. I regularly dont log in daily. So while I havent uninstalled the game, I also really am not participating in it nearly as much as I used to.

Because I like Fire Emblem.

I like some of the maps

I like to see how i am progressing

I like chatting with other people about it

Because there's always something for me to do.

and when they give out banners i don't like, I am happy because it means i have more orbs to save on banners that i do like. which is winning to me. 

3 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

My biggest irk is that they dont seem to address or agree with THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP THEM IN BUSINESS (AHEM) that fates was bad and super bland compared to what we've had before.

Of course they don't NEED to agree on a completely subjective opinion. As someone who played all their games besides New Mystery, the original versions of the games that were remade and Thracia, I can say that Conquest was the game I replayed the most, it had huge gameplay improvements over Awakening and I love most of the cast.

Let's keep personal opinions separate from objective mistakes IS has done.

31 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Of course they don't NEED to agree on a completely subjective opinion. As someone who played all their games besides New Mystery, the original versions of the games that were remade and Thracia, I can say that Conquest was the game I replayed the most, it had huge gameplay improvements over Awakening and I love most of the cast.

Let's keep personal opinions separate from objective mistakes IS has done.

i mean it is a popular opinion that Fates was the worse FE made thus far. its not just mine. Very many reasons behind this fact that you are probably aware. props to you for liking it i guess (not sure how) but its not a personal opinion whatsoever.