Why do you still play Heroes?

Arcphoenix

It's the only Fire Emblem game that's regularly updated with new content.

I mean I still play the GBA games regularly but FEH's all right. Without Infernal+ Grand Conquests and Abyssals it'd be a pretty dire situation though.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truthfully i still enjoy it somewhat but i am not sure if keep going on.

On the plus side:
The only saveing grace for me atm are GHB LHB battles and Tempest Trial. I really love the Abyssal LHB battles and i wish there were more Abyssal maps for GHB and BHB!!!
Tactics drills is also something i like

What is going wrong in my eyes:
What I like about AR is the possibility to create your own map, the other part is meh to ok.
Arena is something i just do because of the rewards but i really dont enjoy it
The Skill Inheritance is one of its strong selling points, but it isnt anymore feasable because there arent enough demotions and the summoning pool is kinda oversaturrated so good luck on trying to build a unit how you want.
All the other modes like VG Grand Conquest are kinda meh
Also the story isnt much engaging.

I am giving it for myself a solid 4-6 months if nothing major comes after the 2. Anniversary in terms of game modes or changes then well yeah.
The game just feels atm more like an obligation then something i do for fun.
This is part due there isnt  a true co-op mode. Creativity for unit builds is more hindered then encouraged because well, skills dont come flying towards you. And once some of your favourite units reached 5Star +10 you cant grow them anymore!? Unless you fodder more skills to them.

Now dont get me wrong there were alot of good QoL changes and good things they introduced but they arent addressing some fundamental problems that have risen up.

New characters, it's fun to collect them in general, and it's a fun game. The main thing that upsets me in the game is when the beat around the bush with giving us new characters. Like, aside from seasonals and FEH only characters we didn't have new characters until the RD banner this month and it was months before we had new characters before that. And the biggest problem with these seasonals is that its typically characters that already have so many duplicates. But uh, yeah, they do too many seasonals it becomes stale. Christmas, New Years, Hot Springs, and soon Valentine's Day all back to back. But the game is still pretty fun when they actually release chapters, I think the stories are interesting. But character collection I guess you could say is the thing I mainly enjoy about the game. I don't foresee myself to ever stop playing the game.

- Aether raids slightly rely on mythic heroes (a.k.a. potentially becoming another p2p mode)
- Abyssal is actually insane unless I surrender to microtransactions
- Story feels repetitive with the whole stupid 'contract' thing and is not too interesting
- Chain challenges and squad assault are the banes of my existence
- Arena.... don't need to explain the issues with that
- Voting gauntlet.... also don't need to explain the issues with that
- Tap battle is the most unnecessary thing ever and it feels like an absolute chore trying to get all the resources
     - (Seriously, I wish we can at least unlock the music we play to for Aether Raids. So much lost potential)
- Game is really becoming stale whether it is including alts in new hero banners now, including seasonals for the same characters often, etc.
Instead of focusing on adding new content (as they'll just get stale over time), IS should focus on revamping things again (even if it didn't quite work out with voting gauntlets). It just feels more fresh to me.

Ultimately, that entire list above is just a minor thing. I will forever play this game cause REINHARDT MEEEEEMES (oh and I guess building up my mage army).

1 hour ago, Falcom said:

- Aether raids slightly rely on mythic heroes (a.k.a. potentially becoming another p2p mode)

It is already a pay to win mode. You need two Eirs to climb to the highest tiers unless you are willing to put in the work to scrutinize your every move. If I did not have my second Eir, I would not even be able to make it to Tier 18 or Tier 19 unless I stop playing so sloppily.

1 hour ago, Falcom said:

- Abyssal is actually insane unless I surrender to microtransactions
- Chain challenges and squad assault are the banes of my existence

If you are talking about the PvE modes, there are guide videos that uses only free units on YouTube. Rewards from Abyssal difficulty maps are no less accessible to free players since you can just copy someone.

Similarly, I believe there are free guides on how to Multi Map battle modes too.

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are talking about the PvE modes, there are guide videos that uses only free units on YouTube. Rewards from Abyssal difficulty maps are no less accessible to free players since you can just copy someone.

Similarly, I believe there are free guides on how to Multi Map battle modes too.

I've been using the guide videos often, but occasionally it won't work due to AI or using the required unit as skill fodder like the idiot I am.

I'm sure I can beat these maps, but for me, it's quite the time commitment to plan out everything and not mindlessly tap auto-battle.

Thankfully, I can live without those rewards cause this game is generous imo (another reason I play Heroes).

Appreciate the help though buddy! :D

I still play because it's Fire Emblem. And I'm totally obsessive. I want nothing more than to collect every single unit (though not enough to spend money to do it). I kinda wish Abyssal didn't exist, though - I've lost sleep over it several times (see also: obsessive).

Oh, and Loki's theme is truly epic and I want to see what they end up doing with her in Book 5 or whenever she takes over as the main antagonist.

Also:

On 1/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, Tree said:

I still hope they will someday create content that is more like Fire Emblem lite rather than the Fire Emblem mini-games we have now. One way would be to use the larger RD maps for story modes (story, GHB, BHB, etc.)

This. They've demonstrated that they can make bigger maps work, but they're locking them to one (not terribly enjoyable for me) mode? Why, IntSys, why?

On 1/27/2019 at 1:24 AM, XRay said:

You need two Eirs to climb to the highest tiers unless you are willing to put in the work to scrutinize your every move. If I did not have my second Eir, I would not even be able to make it to Tier 18 or Tier 19 unless I stop playing so sloppily.

You can make it up to Tier 20 with the free Eir, no defense team, and partially merged units without expensive skills. It's tight though - I'm currently at 9520 lift. Tier 21 is probably impossible without some sort of defense team, multiple Mythics, or both. The mode is currently more stressful than fun.

8 hours ago, Seafarer said:

They've demonstrated that they can make bigger maps work, but they're locking them to one (not terribly enjoyable for me) mode? Why, IntSys, why?

I'd even be willing to pay for well-made content, but they don't seem to care. I spent the $4 for the Black Knight, but sadly they haven't provided anything else I would want to purchase.

1 hour ago, Tree said:

You can make it up to Tier 20 with the free Eir, no defense team, and partially merged units without expensive skills. It's tight though - I'm currently at 9520 lift. Tier 21 is probably impossible without some sort of defense team, multiple Mythics, or both. The mode is currently more stressful than fun.

Yeah, but having a second Eir means that I can make plenty of fuck ups. My performance this week was abysmal and I still managed to make it. With only one Eir, the level of play and effort required is beyond most players in my opinion.

Having two Eirs will guarantee a player to reach Tier 20 if they have a win rate of somewhere around 50% to 60%, which is not nearly as demanding as having a win rate of 80% or 90%.

Edited by XRay

I kept playing because I genuinely enjoy it but after the last month of following this game & CYL 3 I'm dropping Heroes.  I don't even have to go the CYL 3 thread to know there's a backlash with majority of them being about Camilla.

I let myself get influence by the people, I've been aggressive towards others, I react to reactors, & I haven't done anything worth contributing.

With the recent Duma trailer instead of being happy for everyone else & for Duma himself being expanded on, I was just left feeling bitter. That was all the signs I needed to know that it's time to drop the game.

It's not like I was ever a real Fire Emblem fan to begin with