How should Sephiran be added into Heroes?

Icelerate

What unit type should he be?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What type?

• Infantry Staff
    • Infantry blue tome
    • Flying beast singer

He can be either a staff unit, a blue mage or even a heron. 

Honestly I want him as a heron because those can be quite good in Aether raids. We need more beast/dragon units so that beast units aren't so restricted with their team comps so Sephiran being in his beast form is better for the game IMO. 

We have plenty of infantry blue mages and staff units as it is. 

I'd keep with letting him have Creiddylad, if only to minimise the temptation to make him blurt out every last spoiler Tellius has left to hide.

This won't stop IS, but if they want to actually try and sell Tellius in the future, making Sephiran is not going to help.

I would like to see him with a staff, since he's usually seen with a staff. I wouldn't be opposed to him wielding a blue tome or Creiddylad (although I would rather have Pellease wield this tome)

As cool as the Heron idea is, I think it would be cooler to have that set up if he was a Mythic Hero or something.

Blue tome with Creiddylad. It's his personal weapon, after all.

2 hours ago, Subspace Alpha said:

Zelgius exists though, so he just might show up as a heron at some point.

Zelgius in the Black Knight's armor with his helmet off is actually canon within the games. Sephiran lost his ability to transform into a heron long before the start of the game. It's possible he might show up as a Mythic Hero with the ability to transform, but I wouldn't put my money on that bet.

Sephiran had black/brownish wings didn't he?

It'd be interesting to see what his heron form would look like. Just have him summoned from before his relationship with Altina and before he lost his ability to transform.

(and do that as well for Almedha)

I'd like them to play very coy about the fact that he's actually Lehran. Just have all his dialogue be about Sephiran being the benevolent prime minister of Begnion and Sanaki's loving daddy. It would both protect the big reveal for new players and be far more in character since Sephiran isn't evil by nature. He can still be a blue tome unit with a legendary light tome. He IS from a long line of mages after all and definitely not some long lost Heron.  

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I wish they introduced Sephiran as a blue infantry mage with his Creiddylad. And I'd like, sometime later, a Lehran alt (possibly a Mythic hero), but since he lost his power he could be a staff user and have Ashera Staff.

I could see three versions of him. One with his appearance in Path of Radiance as a tome user, another with his appearance in Radiant Dawn after he joins as a staff user, and a final one with him as his true identity as Lehran, with his heron power restored (and given all the power he has from the goddess, probably higher stats than what we currently have). Given how fans normally react towards different versions of the same character, I'm not sure if IS would be willing to risk putting in all three, especially since I don't think Sephrian is too popular or well-known... 

I'm not sure what they would do with Almehda though. The obvious choice would to have her be prior to losing her power and as a dragon laguz. But on the other hand, I could also see an alternate version were she still lost her power, picked up a weapon, and decided to fight anyway. I'm honestly disappointed she didn't do this in Radiant Dawn, as she was stated to enjoy fighting when she was younger, and it's not impossible for laguz to learn how to use beorc weapons (as Lehran demonstrates). Considering all the power she is still implied to have, she could have been much more use to Ashnarad that way, and I'm surprised he didn't think of that... Would have been much better than what we got...

Edited by wheelsonfire

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Zelgius in the Black Knight's armor with his helmet off is actually canon within the games. Sephiran lost his ability to transform into a heron long before the start of the game. It's possible he might show up as a Mythic Hero with the ability to transform, but I wouldn't put my money on that bet.

Yeah, blue tome GHB for Sephiran is the most likely possibility.

As for the mythic, I think it actually could happen (eventually), because the roster for potential mythics (at least popular ones) is mostly female (unless they plan on including all of the end game bosses). Sephiran is better looking than a lot of the potential male mythics, so I still think he has a chance. They will use his other name of course. Plus, they need someone to outdate Naesala at some point after players have +10 merged...

[edit] Shouldn't this thread have "spoiler" in the title? The third poll option isn't exactly understood until near the end of Radiant Dawn.

[edit2] There is a spoiler tag now. Perhaps I missed it earlier.

Edited by Tree

13 hours ago, Vince777 said:

It'd be interesting to see what his heron form would look like. Just have him summoned from before his relationship with Altina and before he lost his ability to transform.

In case you didn't see it, we do have "black", more grey, Heron official artwork. Not Sephiran's though.

Spoiler

162-163.jpg

For Sephiran specifically, we do have one CG with the wings on display. But due to the lighting, it is hard to discern what color they definitely are, but it isn't white, that is for sure.

7 hours ago, wheelsonfire said:

I could see three versions of him. One with his appearance in Path of Radiance as a tome user, another with his appearance in Radiant Dawn after he joins as a staff user, and a final one with him as his true identity as Lehran, with his heron power restored (and given all the power he has from the goddess, probably higher stats than what we currently have). Given how fans normally react towards different versions of the same character, I'm not sure if IS would be willing to risk putting in all three, especially since I don't think Sephrian is too popular or well-known... 

Three does seem excessive. I'd just go for "just a pilgrim costume" PoR Sephiran with the Ashera Staff, since he does heal Ranulf onscreen (from a technically fatal wound) and Neph and Brom offscreen. And then have Lehran-Sephiran in his RD Chancellor attire with Creiddylad.

I'll say Blue Tome Infantry. BORING! but I like canonical. And although I'd doubt it'd get in with that full gorgeous animation, I still love Creiddylad. Helping is that, although I understand why you don't get it, he doesn't bring Creiddylad during his final battle stint and has to borrow Rexaura from Micaiah instead.

This said, I'd be up for alts of Sephiran. And even without a Blue Tome version, the Ashera Staff would make Sephiran unique, since personal Staffs are indeed so far so rare (it'd also make him not at all redundant with Micaiah).

I'd be fine with Flier Refresher too, but only as alt later. His power loss is essential to his despair, and if he despaired without it, Tellius wouldn't have happened as is, since then he would have sung Galdrar of Release right away. Ike would have been at most a gamete in his mom.

And @XRay 

Here, will this make you happy?

Spoiler

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I want more flying Singers!

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Here, will this make you happy?

Yeah. Maybe she will even powercreep VS!Azura!

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In case you didn't see it, we do have "black", more grey, Heron official artwork. Not Sephiran's though.

Reveal hidden contents

162-163.jpg

For Sephiran specifically, we do have one CG with the wings on display. But due to the lighting, it is hard to discern what color they definitely are, but it isn't white, that is for sure.

I had not seen this concept art, thank you.

We have one more in-game picture of winged Sephiran though and it is the one I had in mind when I spoke of his black/brownish wings. Entirely brown, unlike the concept herons with only the tip of the feathers being darker. His Lehran portrait in Radiant Dawn:

Lehransprite.png

It makes me think his heron form would be significantly different from the one in the concept art.

Edited by Vince777

11 hours ago, Vince777 said:

It makes me think his heron form would be significantly different from the one in the concept art.

Perhaps because it's been quite a while since I cleared all of RD, but I forgot that existed and what it looked like.

And I can indeed see him looking different in heron form. Adding weight to this is the unused PoR generic Heron models (which when viewed from the wrong angles have really wonky colors- they obviously didn't complete it).

Spoiler

Non-royal HeronUntransformed non-royal Heron (1)

Wings unshifted and shifted match up in colors. So Lehran's would probably be brown. Nothing too odd, since we already have some pretty big color variation among the other Laguz. And wow PoR really did have N64-quality models.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:25 AM, Ice Dragon said:

I know it's canon, but I didn't Sephiran to be a heron so they wouldn't be spoiling anything.

But like I said, they did the same to Zelgius, so they'd probably do it. I'd still pull for him, though.

They could make him a blue mage with Creiddylad and just make Ashera's Staff a PRF Assist heal like how Micaiah has Sacrifice.  It was an AOE heal so maybe the assist heals everyone on the team for a small amount like 5-7 (no idea where to balance it between trivializing actual healers and being useless).

I want something like this:

Creiddylad: Blue tome. 14 Mt. Res +3. At the start of turn 1, Special cooldown -2.

The Res is there because I felt like it. The Special cooldown reflects the fact that Creiddylad has the highest critical stat of any Light tome in Radiant Dawn.

Ashera Staff: Assist. Target recovers 15 HP. All other allies recover 7 HP. Cannot target units that are at full health.

Corona: Special. 2 cooldown. Deals damage equal to 30% of foe's Def or Res, whichever is higher. If activated, after combat, foe and enemies within 2 squares suffer Atk -7 through their next actions.

The damage portion references Corona's effect of ignoring Res. The debuff references Corona's after-combat effect of reducing the opponent's Accuracy. The cooldown of 2 is meant to match Moonbow, +1 for the additional effect, and -1 for the same reason Black Luna and Radiant Aether get -1.

Rudol Gem: Passive A. Def +10. Negates foe's adaptive damage. Does your taxes.

Special Spiral.

Some Ploy.

Stat spread similar to Flora's.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• 1 month later...
On 21/01/2019 at 4:57 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll say Blue Tome Infantry. BORING! but I like canonical. And although I'd doubt it'd get in with that full gorgeous animation, I still love Creiddylad. Helping is that, although I understand why you don't get it, he doesn't bring Creiddylad during his final battle stint and has to borrow Rexaura from Micaiah instead.

At least you admit it's boring. But him being a heron is canonical. He has his wings long in the past and after the epilogue as well so I don't see how it'd be a bad idea. We already have two blue infantry mages in FEH from RD and will eventually get Ilyana as well.  

Also, would ever use a Sephiran seasonal alt? Or would you oppose seasonals even from him? 

On 23/01/2019 at 1:40 AM, Ice Dragon said:

I want something like this:

Creiddylad: Blue tome. 14 Mt. Res +3. At the start of turn 1, Special cooldown -2.

The Res is there because I felt like it. The Special cooldown reflects the fact that Creiddylad has the highest critical stat of any Light tome in Radiant Dawn.

Ashera Staff: Assist. Target recovers 15 HP. All other allies recover 7 HP. Cannot target units that are at full health.

Corona: Special. 2 cooldown. Deals damage equal to 30% of foe's Def or Res, whichever is higher. If activated, after combat, foe and enemies within 2 squares suffer Atk -7 through their next actions.

The damage portion references Corona's effect of ignoring Res. The debuff references Corona's after-combat effect of reducing the opponent's Accuracy. The cooldown of 2 is meant to match Moonbow, +1 for the additional effect, and -1 for the same reason Black Luna and Radiant Aether get -1.

Rudol Gem: Passive A. Def +10. Negates foe's adaptive damage. Does your taxes.

Special Spiral.

Some Ploy.

Stat spread similar to Flora's.

I didn't see this earlier or at the very least remember seeing this. But is this as a mythic/legendary hero, a regular summonable one or GHB? 

Seems too good for a GHB unit as special spiral is highly profitable. 

Do you think a mythic Sephiran as a heron would be good for AR? I use Eir with my bird laguz in AR but Eir is annoying and I'd prefer if I could use Lehran instead. It'd also be more thematic as well. 

28 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I didn't see this earlier or at the very least remember seeing this. But is this as a mythic/legendary hero, a regular summonable one or GHB? 

Seems too good for a GHB unit as special spiral is highly profitable. 

Do you think a mythic Sephiran as a heron would be good for AR? I use Eir with my bird laguz in AR but Eir is annoying and I'd prefer if I could use Lehran instead. It'd also be more thematic as well. 

With this many exclusive skills, he'd be either Mythic (as Lehran) or Legendary (as Sephiran).