Radiant Dawn: The Lost Supports

TheKingBahamut

Figured I ought to show this off for shits and giggles.

This is an ongoing project of mine to write some custom support conversations for my favorite game in the series and then turn them into videos. Headcanons and hi-jinks ensue. This project is mostly just me giving myself something to do to flex my creative writing muscle while I do some brainstorming for bigger projects. I have ambitions to make my own FE-style game someday, so I might as well practice some character/dialogue writing in the meanwhile.

Enjoy!

39 minutes ago, TheKingBahamut said:

Figured I ought to show this off for shits and giggles.

This is an ongoing project of mine to write some custom support conversations for my favorite game in the series and then turn them into videos. Headcanons and hi-jinks ensue. This project is mostly just me giving myself something to do to flex my creative writing muscle while I do some brainstorming for bigger projects. I have ambitions to make my own FE-style game someday, so I might as well practice some character/dialogue writing in the meanwhile.

Enjoy!

Well, to be completely honest. Radiant Dawn was pushed out with low income and whatnot (IE a lot was removed just to make the due date) and they removed a bunch of ending supports. Including Ike and Micaiah, Ike and Elincia, Ike and Sothe, and the same was done for a lot of characters. So, this could actually be a thing.

6 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

R.I.P. Ike being the Father of Sothe's children.

Yeah, and it's been why a lot of fans still like the idea of Ike and Sothe or Ike and Elincia, etc (at least what I've been told). Because the game itself had plenty of supports (kinda like the GBA games) but most were just flat out removed from what I recall.

And to be honest, if that damned meme had been pushed further in a support I'd probably replay the game just to get one of the endings like that XD

Edited by ArgentSable

Ooh, nice project! And good job so far too. Though I don't remember Ike ever actually hating all of Daein. I only remember him saying he hated the BK and Ashnard and his followers. But I could just be forgetting, it's been awhile since I last played through PoR.

I'm an Ike x Elincia shipper (as you can probably see by my sig), so I look forward to seeing your supports for that one! I wrote up an RD A support + ending for them myself once. Maybe it could give you some ideas? It has Ike revealing that he's had feelings for Lincy bottled up for a long time without realizing until fairly recently, but if that's a bit much, you don't have to go that far. It's up to you.

Also: "I may get caught up in some new conflict" Heh, that's exactly what you do in my RD sequel, Ike. lol Ironically though, despite what this support that you wrote might indicate, I actually have Ike to grow to become more accepting/comfortable with his status as a hero a lot of people respect. He never enjoys all the attention or any ladies going after him or anything like that lol, but he does basically go "maybe it's not so bad that I've done a lot of good for people. I think I can be glad I could help so many."

Edited by Anacybele

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ooh, nice project! And good job so far too. Though I don't remember Ike ever actually hating all of Daein. I only remember him saying he hated the BK and Ashnard and his followers. But I could just be forgetting, it's been awhile since I last played through PoR.

I'm an Ike x Elincia shipper (as you can probably see by my sig), so I look forward to seeing your supports for that one! I wrote up an RD A support + ending for them myself once. Maybe it could give you some ideas? It has Ike revealing that he's had feelings for Lincy bottled up for a long time without realizing until fairly recently, but if that's a bit much, you don't have to go that far. It's up to you.

Also: "I may get caught up in some new conflict" Heh, that's exactly what you do in my RD sequel, Ike. lol Ironically though, despite what this support that you wrote might indicate, I actually have Ike to grow to become more accepting/comfortable with his status as a hero a lot of people respect. He never enjoys all the attention or any ladies going after him or anything like that lol, but he does basically go "maybe it's not so bad that I've done a lot of good for people. I think I can be glad I could help so many."

Thank you! I've never been much of an Ike x Elincia supporter myself, but a support between the two would be fun to make. I like to imagine that Ike does eventually grow to accept being a hero and even enjoy it somewhat, I just felt that at this point in his life, he's not quite so happy with it. He always struck me as the sort of guy who just wants to do the right thing, or at least what he thinks is the right thing, just because someone needs to do it.

3 minutes ago, TheKingBahamut said:

Thank you! I've never been much of an Ike x Elincia supporter myself, but a support between the two would be fun to make. I like to imagine that Ike does eventually grow to accept being a hero and even enjoy it somewhat, I just felt that at this point in his life, he's not quite so happy with it. He always struck me as the sort of guy who just wants to do the right thing, or at least what he thinks is the right thing, just because someone needs to do it.

That's fine, I just think they should've had some kind of ending together, even if it had to be platonic. Imo, it's a crime that they didn't! xP

And yeah, exactly, he strikes me as just that kind of guy too. And you're welcome! :)