Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Welp, with no more votes being split, Marth stands a chance of actually making top 2! Anna can make top 20 if not top 10!

I'm just going to vote on my usual favorites that are available (Cordelia, Eirika, Caeda, Elincia, ...)

From what I've been told, Anna is still SOL. Her Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem versions are getting merged, but not the ones focused on other games.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She got an alt already though, so that means IS already thinks she's worthy of them. Frederick also already got one, and he ranks even lower, I think. Ryoma's gotten a few. Hrid just recently got one. I just can't think of anyone I would vote for right now that could possibly win or that I'd like to get an alt.

Hmm you're not wrong, it is hard to vote knowing your faves won't get alts unless they're either popular, known or Fates and Awakening. But yeah, I feel ya. I just hope we get Queen Elincia eventually.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Recency bias will help any book 2/3 characters.

Smash Ultimate will help Chrom. I wouldn'tĀ be surprised if he won.

Personally, I'm voting for Azura.

Honestly I hope Rob wins over Chrom. I've always disliked Chrom's character as a whole since he goes over Emm's entire moral system and goes all Bender on the world. And yeah, Lif and Thrasir have a huge chance to win.

Voted for Micaiah!Ā  I would spread my votes out, but since she actually has a chance of winning, I'll be throwing all (or almost all) to her.Ā  One or two may go to Zelgius, Zihark, or Reyson.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Only 7 votes this time!

Oh, well, she still gets my 7 votes. I do wonder how will the combined voting affect her given she's one of those who only has one game. Mia and Nephenee will be harder to deal with now.

3 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Recency bias will help any book 2/3 characters.

Smash Ultimate will help Chrom. I wouldn'tĀ be surprised if he won.

Personally, I'm voting for Azura.

I don't think Book 2 and 3 characters will rank too high. Veronica got in because she wasn't playable at the time. Book 2 has all its characters playable and we can guess Book 3's characters will come similarly at the end of this year, so people will likely have no incentive to vote for them.

It might help Bruno though, as people do want him playable and he isn't to this point.

My predictions.

Males: Marth and Alm. I was really hoping Alm would get an alt by now to lower his chances of winning this but it's basically guaranteed now. Bleh.

Females: This one is tougher. The top 3 after Celica and Veronica from CYL2 are Camilla, Eirika, and Azura, all characters suffering from excessive alt syndrome that might make people shy away from voting for them. Loki is next, but since she hasn't been around in the story much for a while and already got her standard version I wonder if she'll actually be able to make it. Eir might even stand a decent chance.

I guess I'll leave my predictions at Camilla and Micaiah. And if these predictions end up right (Marth, Alm, Camilla, Micaiah), I'll end up easily just taking Micaiah as my free choice.

Edited by Florete

I don't know how, but after fighting with the errors for WAY too long, I somehow got it to accept my vote for Tormod.

Guess I should just be relieved it didn't fuck up and send in a vote for someone I didn't want.

4 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Hmm you're not wrong, it is hard to vote knowing your faves won't get alts unless they're either popular, known or Fates and Awakening. But yeah, I feel ya. I just hope we get Queen Elincia eventually.

Technically Yukata Elincia is Queen Elincia since her description says "appears in Radiant Dawn" but I really want an RD Elincia that's a flying healer myself, yeah.

I suppose I could vote Silas, but I doubt he ever ranked high. He might get an alt anyway simply because he's a Fates character, and he also might NOT get one simply for being a Fates character because of how much hate Fates gets now.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, I'm shocked. I didn't expect them to do a third one at all. I'm not going to vote in this one though, as I know that whoever I'd vote for won't win. I predict Marth and Alm for males though, and Micaiah and Nino or Loki for females. Eirika, Tharja, and Camilla would've been reasonable candidates too, but their many alts hurt their chances imo.

If you don't think your votes will sway the winners for the Brave Heroes alts, you can at least still vote to help get Farfetched Heroes into the game.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you don't think your votes will sway the winners for the Brave Heroes alts, you can at least still vote to help get Farfetched Heroes into the game.

Yeah, but I doubt my picks would win even that. xP

Well, thisĀ was unexpected. I kinda expected a bit more fanfare than just an announcement. Like a Feh Channel or something (the other CYLs were announced on those, weren't they?).
Getting an error message right now on that site, but I'll try again later.

I don't really care who wins this timeĀ (Roy won the first one, Marth's damn near guaranteed to win this time now that he isn't being screwed by votesplitting, and as much as I want him to there's no real hope for Eliwood to win this one), so I'mma vote for people I want to see get into the game.

As such, I will be voting for RanulfĀ so heĀ can get in in the nearer future (I tried this with Myrrh last time, but she got in in the middle of voting so I switched to Veronica for lols), and possibly also Micaiah 'cause it'd be neat if she won even though I'm fairly certain herĀ  after being revealed as this month's Mythic Hero (calling it now).

9 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Honestly I hope Rob wins over Chrom. I've always disliked Chrom's character as a whole since he goes over Emm's entire moral system and goes all Bender on the world. And yeah, Lif and Thrasir have a huge chance to win.

...Is that a Futurama reference?

9 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

And yeah, Lif and Thrasir have a huge chance to win.

I wouldn't be so sure of this. After what happened with the Muspellers and Ylgr we're guaranteed to get them at the end of Book III, so the only reason I can see for voting for them here is to get an alt version of them to have them sooner andĀ maybeĀ get them some additional characterization (hey, it couldĀ happen).

@KongDudeĀ Is it bad that seeing this makes me spite-desire a CYL3 Marth thatĀ wears onlyĀ pants?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

10 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

I feel that the problem with not voting because "My faves aren't winning" is that it completely beats the whole purpose of having a poll like this. Sure, your votes may not push your character into Top 10, but it could make a difference by pushing it from Top 200 to Top 100, or even just a few spots up to make a difference to IntSys.

By choosing not to vote, all someone accomplishes is making their favorite characters look worse than they normally would have.

Edited by Jave

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Well, thisĀ was unexpected. I kinda expected a bit more fanfare than just an announcement.
Getting an error message right now on that site, but I'll try again later.

I don't really care who wins this timeĀ (Roy won the first one, Marth's damn near guaranteed to win this time now that he isn't being screwed by votesplitting, and as much as I want him to there's no real hope for Eliwood to win this one), so I'mma vote for people I want to see get into the game.

As such, I will be voting for RanulfĀ so heĀ can get in in the nearer future (I tried this with Myrrh last time, but she got in in the middle of voting so I switched to Veronica for lols), and possibly also Micaiah 'cause it'd be neat if she won even though I'm fairly certain herĀ  after being revealed as this month's Mythic Hero (calling it now).

...Is that a Futurama reference?

I wouldn't be so sure of this. After what happened with the Muspellers and Ylgr we're guaranteed to get them at the end of Book III, so the only reason I can see for voting for them here is to get an alt version of them to have them sooner andĀ maybeĀ get them some additional characterization (hey, it couldĀ happen).

@KongDudeĀ Is it bad that seeing this makes me spite-desire a CYL3 Marth thatĀ wears onlyĀ pants?

Hell yeah it's Futurama. I can't help but think of Chrom as Bender but less snarky since his way of life is "We'll show you our peaceful ways by force" before and after Emm dies.

TLDR: Yes

I voted for Awakening Anna! I doubt she will get chosen though. I hope they release the results daily or something so I know who I can send my future votes toward.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I doubt my picks would win even that. xP

Perhaps, but it's better to have some influence than none at all. At least, that's what I think.

Ā 

Ninian and Dheginhansea aren't going to win, but that's not going to stop me from voting for them.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I voted for Awakening Anna! I doubt she will get chosen though. I hope they release the results daily or something so I know who I can send my future votes toward.

They'll likely only give us the halfway results, same as the last two years.